• ベストアンサー

英文添削してください。

1 大文字で買いてくれますか? Can you write in capital (upper) letters? 2 全体としてその詞はよくかけている。 The poem (taken) as a whole is well written. 4 そういった側面ではいいことがあるかもしれない。 There are good points in the aspect. 5 私の英語レベルは中級だ(テストなどの結果で)と言われました。 I am diagnosed with my English level being Intermediate.

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 >1 >大文字で買いて(書いて)くれますか? >Can you write in capital (upper) letters? ⇒これでいいと思いますが、丁寧な依頼するならこうも言えますね。 Could you write (it)in capital letters? >2 >全体としてその詞(→詩)はよくかけている。 >The poem (taken) as a whole is well written. ⇒これでいいと思いますが、語順を変えてもいいですね。 As a whole, the poem is well written. (3 はない?) >4 >そういった側面ではいいことがあるかもしれない。 >There are good points in the aspect. ⇒「そういった」や「かもしれない」も訳に盛り込みましょう。 There might be good points in that aspect. >5 >私の英語レベルは中級だ(テストなどの結果で)と言われました。 >I am diagnosed with my English level being Intermediate. ⇒評価の話なので、gradeを使ってもよいと思います。時制は過去でしょう。 I was graded with my English level being Intermediate. ⇒文字通り、「私の英語レベル」を主語にしてもよいかも知れません。 My English level was graded as (being) intermediate class. 以上、ご回答まで。

その他の回答 (2)

• kanana1
  • ベストアンサー率12% (1/8)
回答No.3

1 Could you capitalize? 2The poem as a whole is well written. 4 These may have some good points in the aspect . 5 I was told that my English level is intermediate. 以上、ご参考までに。 (o^∀^o)☆彡

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

1.大文字で書いてくれますか? Can youは、かなりカジュアルな言い方なので、相手が友人などならいいでしょう。 Can you write this/that in capital letters? 少し丁寧に言うなら Will you write this/that in capital letters? とても丁寧に言うなら Could you write this/that in capital letters? 2 As a whole, the poem is written very well. 4 たとえば、自民党が勝つと悪い事ばかりーーと言う人に対して、いやいや、自民党にはこういう功績があるーーと言う場合。そういった側面ではいいことがあるかもしれないーーならーー Well, you're right. There are some strenths in that regard. などと言えます。 あるいは、この商品は他社のにくらべて、いろいろな面で劣っている。だが、壊れにくいはずだ。 なるほど、そういう側面ではいいことがあるかもしれない。 I see. There may be some good points in this aspect. 5 私の英語レベルは中級だ(テストなどの結果で)と言われました。 diagnosedを使うと、診断を受けた(つまり、どのぐらいの実力か、テストをされたりした)ということになります。また、gradeを使うと、成績で初級・中級・上級に区分されたことになってしまいます。その意味ならgradeを使えますが、この場合、単に、テストの結果を見て判断して、あなたの英語力はこのぐらいだろうと思って言っているだけであるとするならば、仰々しくdiagnose, gradeなどは使わないのがいいでしょう。 I was told that my English level is around middle. I was told that my English is the intermediate level. テストの結果を見て先生などに言われたとするなら Based on the test result, I was told that my English is the intermediate level. などと言えます。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

関連するQ&A

• イギリス英語の発音を学習できる教材を探しています

アメリカ英語ではなくイギリス英語、いわゆるBritish Englishの発音を独学で学べる教材を探しています。 総合的な英語のレベルはIntermediateレベル(TOEICだと650~700くらい)ですが、 なかでもspeakingが特に苦手で、発音も米語と英語が混じったヘンな感じだそうです。 そこで今年は発音の矯正も含めてspeakingにも力を入れたいと思うので おすすめの教材、テキスト、参考サイト、その感想等を教えて頂けたらと思います。 また、独学で発音を学ぶポイントなどありましたらぜひお願いします。 アメリカ英語の音声学、発音矯正といった教材は多く見つかり 日本人学習者の感想等もありましたが、 イギリス英語に関しては情報も少なく困っています。 しかもお値段も高いので迷います。 amazonなどで調べると、候補としては 1:English Pronunciation in Use: Intermediate (English Pronunciation in Use English Pronunciation in Use) Mark Hancock Cambridge Univ 2:Ship or Sheep? Book and Audio CD Pack: An Intermediate Pronunciation Course (Face2face S) Ann Baker Cambridge Univ あたりがヒットしたので候補にしていますが、 他にも日本で手に入り、英語、日本語問わずCDやCD-ROMがついているものを探しています。 もう年齢も若くないので独学で発音を学ぶには厳しいだろうか、 とも思うのですが、 ネットを始めとする環境や良い教材もたくさんあると思うのでがんばろうと思っています。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• Early English versions

Early English versions The Bible in English is almost as old as the English language. In fact, the scriptures are as old as written English. This is because the written form of English was produced expressly for the purpose of teaching about the Christian faith. English developed from the languages spoken by the Germanic people (Angles, Saxons and Jutes) who settled, from the 5th century A.D., in what is now England. They did not write their languages apart from perhaps making marks on objects to serve as lucky charms or to show ownership (for this they would use the Germanic characters known as runes). The first extended written English texts were made by missionary priests, who spoke and wrote Latin. They adapted the Roman alphabet, adding the letters æ (known as "ash") ð ("eth") and Þ ("thorn") — though these letters are not used in English today (æ corresponds to the vowel in "ash"; ð and Þ are used interchangeably for both consonants represented by "th", as in "cloth" or "clothe"). The priests' purpose in writing was to produce English texts for a handful of educated and literate men to read aloud to the illiterate and largely pagan people whom they sought to bring into the church. の和訳をお願いします。

• 英文の和訳を希望します

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかた のみでお願いできますでしょうか? 意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします The planet Mercury forms an aspect to your marriage house. It is a love that will transform your life, and at the beginning of the relationship words will be very significant. There may be some other contact with your soul mate in words before you meet face to face. Mercury is the planet of literature, the message and the written word, including magazines, books, bogs, emails phone calls, text messages and letters of any kind, anything you are likely to read or write. When such an a aspect is made by Mercury to the soul mate are of the chart, it means that these things can play a vital part in your meeting and making contact with him. They can influence the way you the relationship continues. You may spend time apart in distant places, or love may be linked to far off lands but the bridge between you will be built of fine words, and these words will have wings, loving, moving and true written from the soul, they will bring you together face to face, hand to hand.

• 海外の通販サイトでのやりとりについて。

こんにちは。 昨日アメリカの通販で買い物をしたのですが 2つのうち1つが売り切れですとメールがきたのと同時に 以下の文章がありました。 the shipping address you provided us is partially written in Japanese. Would you please email us & provide us with English letters? 「一部の住所が日本語で書かれていますので、英語の住所をメールで送ってください」は分かるのですが (しかし英語で書いたはずなのですが。^^;) 「&」のあとの手紙というのは、メールとは別に手紙を送るという意味なのでしょうか? 住所をメールと手紙で送るのは当たり前なのかなと不思議に思い、それとも私の和訳が間違っているのかと質問させていただきました。 よろしくお願いします。

• 下記の英文を訳してください。

外で写真を取り、それに影響された詩を書く課題が出おりまして、 それを作る過程をエッセーにまとめなければなりません。そのエッセイ中で、下記の英文に対しての答えを反映させなければならないのですが、意味がわかりません。 How do you feel this best represents what you were trying to accomplish? あなたが完成させようとしていたこの詩についてどうおもいますか? つまり、「私の詩を私自身で評価しろ」 ということでしょうか。例えば、この詩はよかった、悪かった、のような感じでしょうか。 それとも、この詩は読者にコレコレの影響を与えるような詩だと思います、のような感じでしょうか? ちなみにこの文章の前後には下記のようなものが書かれております。 Write a 1.5-2 page reflection in which you explain the process of creating the work and how you feel it influenced the final product. Points to be covered by the reflection 1)Explain the process of creating the poem.       What did you do to create this work?       Why did you decide to create it this way?       How do you feel this best represents what you were trying to accomplish? 2)Speak about the ease or difficulty of doing this project.       What problems did you encounter?       How did you feel about presenting a creative work that wasn't written in a conventional       form on the page? Do you feel satisfied by the final product?

• 英語上級、中級者の表現についてお尋ねします。

Toiec is an English language test designed specifically to measure the everyday English skills of people working in an international environment." と説明があり、仮にEnglish spealersに「僕は990点満点中730点取ったよ。」と言った時、「Toiecの730点てどれぐらいのもの(レベル)なの?」聞かれ説明する時、 1「Toiec testを運営しているETSによれば、730点持っている人は英語中級者とら位置付けてられている/みなされているよ。」 2Toiec testを運営しているETSによれば、990点持っている人は英語上級者と位置づけられているよ。」と表したいのですが少し上級、中級者があやふやなのでスコア別一覧で説明を加えたい、例えば3「Toiec testを運営しているETSによれば、730点持っている人は英語中級者と位置付けらているよ。ネイティブと英語で最低限の会話が出来るレベルだよ。/Toiec testを運営しているETSによれば、990点持っている人は英語中級者と位置付けらているよ。ネイティブと日常会話からビジネスまでほとんど支障なくコミュニケーションが取れるレベルだよ。」 と表現する場合どのようにすればよいでしょうか? Acoording to ETS oprerating Toiec Tests, People holding/with 990 socres on Toiec test are positioned as an advanced in English.It means that they can freely converse with English speakers at form a daily conversation to Bussiness levels without any trouble .のようにしてみたのですが1~3及翻訳及び上記英文の添削をして頂ければ幸いです。

• 英語の和訳をお願いします。

It is scarcely too much to say that the Norman Conquest transformed the English launguage, and therefore its litereture. French became the language of the upper classes in their castles and fortified manor-houses, English the language of the hovel, where illiterate serfs modified or dropped the elaborate literary inflections, and the artificial poetic diction of the minstrels’ word-hoars was forgotten. As a result, though the twelfth century was a brilliant period of Anglo-Latin lit-erature, English prose was written mainly for the edification of the masses, and poetry scarcely at all.

• 以下の英文の解釈をお願いします。

以下に全文と、それに対する私の和訳、疑問点を書かせていただきます。誤訳や解釈ミスなどをご指摘いただきたいです。回答のほうよろしくお願いします。 The picture postcard was divided into six small sections. There were views of the beach, the promenade, the bowling green, the pier, the flower-gardens and the war memorial. In the middle, inscribed in capital letters, was the name WORTHlNG. The photographs, in smudgy black and white, appeared to have been taken before the war. It was an ugly card - the fussy little segments distracted and repelled the eye - but Henry could mentally trace the motives behind its purchase with perfect confidence, for it was just the sort of card he had bought himself in past years to send to friends or relatives. Six pictures for the price of one was good value for money and eliminated the problem of choice. 「その絵ハガキは6つの小さな区画に分けられていた。海岸、散歩道、ボウリング競技場、船着場、花園、戦争の慰霊碑の風景写真があった。中央部にはウォーミングという名前が書かれていた。それらの汚れた白黒写真は戦前に撮られたかのように見えた。それは醜いハガキ―そのごてごてした部分部分(=風景写真)は目をそらさせ、不快にした―だったが、ヘンリーは自信満々にそれを買った動機を知的に突き止めることができた。なぜならそれは友人や親類に送るために、彼が昔自分で買ったまさにそういう種類のハガキだったからだ。そのハガキの値段の割に6つの写真は値打ちものであり、選ぶか選ばざるかの問題を解決したのだ。」 疑問点:5Sに”the eye”とありますが、この”the”は総称用法として良いでしょうか?6Sにおいて”choice”とありますが、これは「はがきを買うかどうかを選択すること」で良いでしょうか?

• 英文翻訳をお願いいたします。

"French intentions in Syria are surely incompatible with the war aims of the Allies as defined to the Russian Government. If the self-determination of nationalities is to be the principle, the interference of France in the selection of advisers by the Arab Government and the suggestion by France of the Emirs to be selected by the Arabs in Mosul, Aleppo, and Damascus would seem utterly incompatible with our ideas of liberating the Arab nation and of establishing a free and independent Arab State. The British Government, in authorising the letters despatched to King Hussein [Sharif of Mecca] before the outbreak of the revolt by Sir Henry McMahon, would seem to raise a doubt as to whether our pledges to King Hussein as head of the Arab nation are consistent with French intentions to make not only Syria but Upper Mesopotamia another Tunis. If our support of King Hussein and the other Arabian leaders of less distinguished origin and prestige means anything it means that we are prepared to recognise the full sovereign independence of the Arabs of Arabia and Syria. It would seem time to acquaint the French Government with our detailed pledges to King Hussein, and to make it clear to the latter whether he or someone else is to be the ruler of Damascus, which is the one possible capital for an Arab State, which could command the obedience of the other Arabian Emirs."

• 文部科学省制定の日本式英語(受験英語・学校英語)で恥をかかないための文法書

就職活動の大学生は面接マナーや社会人のマナーを学ぶために本を買ったり、セミナーに行ったりしますよね。学校で教えている日本式英語(受験英語)、文部科学省が教えてくれる英語で恥をかかないためには、本当の英語のマナー、本当の文法を知る必要があると思うのです(驚いたことに一流大学でもこれらの英米文法は習わないらしい。教授連は知っているはずなのに!)。 とりあえず私が知っているのがこれらの文法書なのですが、 ■ クイック・リファレンスとして使える問題集。※ 本来はクラス授業用(専門家には関係のある話)。 1.Grammar in Use (Basic, Essential / Intermediate)「マーフィーのケンブリッジ英文法 初級編・中級編」 ■ 教師も生徒も手元に一冊 2.Practical English Usage 「オックスフォード実例現代英語用法辞典:研究社」/ Michael Swan (英国英語だが、米語解説もあるという。著者の夫人がアメリカ人という噂) 3.Garner's Modern American Usage / Bryan A. Garner □ 中級レベル 4.A Practical English Grammar, 日本語版「実例英文法」 / A. J. Thomson, Av Martinet □ 会話系。 5.A Communicative Grammar of English / Geoffrey N. Leech, Jan Svartvik ■ 英語教師のバイブル 6.The Grammar Book: An Esl/Efl Teacher's Course / Marianne Celce-Murcia, Diane Larsen-Freeman ■ 文法書の王様として君臨してきた(らしい)。 7.Fowler's Modern English Usage / R. W. Burchfield, H. W. Fowler A.使っている方の感想 B.これを忘れてはいけないという本、教材 を教えていただけますか?