• 締切済み

センター形式英語、取り除く文

センター英語第3問Cの形式の問題です。 1-4の中で取り除いた方がよい文を選ぶ問題ですが、少し迷っています。 Is it still possible to achieve the American Dream? 1. Generally, Americans believe people can control their own success. 2. The answer depends on how you define American Dream. 3. Americans generally explain its meaning in one of two ways. Some say it means having freedom and living in a society based on equality; however, most think it means achieving economic security and success. 4. In other words, the American Dream means having the possibility of upward economic and social mobility, that is, improving your financial and social situation. Ameticans have always believed that success is a result of a person's individual ability and hard work as well as access to education and opportunity. (1)アメリカンドリームは今でも達成できるか? ↓ (2)アメリカ人は自分の成功をコントロールできると信じている ↓ (3)その答えはアメリカンドリームの定義による ↓ (4)アメリカンドリームの意味の説明には2つのうち1つが使われる ↓ (5)自由や平等な社会という人もいるが、ほとんどは経済的保障や成功であるという ↓ (6)アメリカ人にとって、成功は教育や機会を手に入れるの(=自由や平等)と同様に個々人の能力や努力によって手に入るものだ ということで、努力で成功はコントロールできるというまとまりの中で、4はアメリカンドリームは経済的社会的地位の可能性をもつこととしており、不要だと考えています。 ただ、(1)から(2)への繋がりと、(1)と(3)が離れることが腑に落ちません。 考えすぎてパンクしてきました。 皆さんのご意見をお聞かせください。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

noname#204809
noname#204809
回答No.3

その後の文脈から見ても1はおかしいです。 特に2の前に1があるのは意味不明に聞こえます。

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

不要なのは 1. だと思います。これは、質問者様がいうところの (2) にあたります。 逆にいうと、1. (質問者様がいうところの(2))があるかから、 > (1)から(2)への繋がりと、(1)と(3)が離れることが腑に落ちません。 ということになるのだと思います。 ==================================== [Is it still possible to achieve the American Dream?] [アメリカンドリームは今でも達成できるか?] 文のタイトルでこう訊いてきているのですから、次はそれに対する答えが来るのが自然だと思います。 2. The answer depends on how you define American Dream. 「その答えはアメリカンドリームの定義による。」 ↓ 3.「アメリカンドリームの意味の説明には2つのうち1つが使われる。自由や平等な社会という人もいるが、ほとんどは経済的保障や成功であるという。」 ↓ 4.「言い換えるなら、アメリカンドリームとは個人の経済的および社会的地位の上昇、即ち、財政的・社会的状況の改善を伴うものである。アメリカ人にとって、成功は教育や機会を手に入れるの(=自由や平等)と同様に個々人の能力や努力によって手に入るものだ。」

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

私が読み始めた途端、1,2に来て、1の文がおかしいと思いました。 Is it still possible to achieve the American Dream?と聞いているのに、肩透かしを食らわせるような1の文。そして、2は、しっかりとThe answer depends on . . . と問いに答えている。これで、1が変だぞと思うと案の定、これは不要の1文だと思います。 successをcontrolすることなど趣旨とかけ離れています。 4は、3につづいてIn other wordsとその内容を言い換えていますので、問題ないでしょう。何しろit means achieving economic security and success.ですから、それを言い換えているわけです。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳しずらい文がありまして

日本語訳しずらい文がありまして The American Heart Association reports only 2300 of the 40000 Americans who needed a new heart in 1997 got one. アメリカの心臓協会は1997年に新しい心臓を必要とした4万人のアメリカ人のうち2300人のみが心臓を得た、と報告している。 この英文なのですが全文を読めば意味はわかりますが、2300 of the 40000 Americanのようにofでつなげてしまうと分かりずらくないでしょうか?whoの先行詞をonly 2300 of the 40000 Americansと勘違いしてしまいそうなのですが・・・? of the 40000 Americans who needed a new heart in 1997、only 2300got one. ほうがわかり易くないでしょか?

• 英語得意な人!英文添削おねがいします

合衆国は伝統的に仕事熱心な社会で、人の価値は仕事で測られた。 The society laid emphasis on yhe work traditionally and the worth of the person was judged by the work in the US. 熱心に働くことは責任感、誠実さ、信頼感がある印だった。 Working hard was a sign of having responsibility, honesty and trust. 両親は娘に「善良で勤勉な男」を探すように言った。 Parents told their daughter to look for 'good and diligent man'. 彼らは、働きたがらない夫の金銭的危険性と社会的な結末について警告した。 They warned about the financial risk and the social end that would caused by a husband who hate to work. いわゆるプロテスタントの労働観によれば、勤勉は物質的な成功と精神的向上につながっていた。 According to the view of labor by so-called Protestant, diligence led to material success and mental improvement. 20世紀の最後の10年間に、アメリカ人の一部はこの伝統的な仕事の定義に疑問を抱き始めた。 In the last 10 years in 20th century, some Americans began to conceive a doubt about this traditional definition to the work. 周りを見渡すと、勤勉がこれら「善良な人間」の多くを死なせていることがわかったのだ。 Looking around, it was found that diligence is killing those many 'good people'. 金銭的な成功が、個人の身体と精神の健康を破壊していく例を見たのである。 I saw the example of monetary success ruined personal health of the body and spirit. 私の祖父とおじも、たぶん生涯の過労から退職年齢前に亡くなった多くのアメリカ人の数の内に入る。 My grandpa and uncle are the part of the many Americans who died before retirement age, probably by the fatigue in a life. 今はより多くの女性が、特に専門職の分野で働いていて、やはり破壊的なストレス症状を経験している。 More women is working specially at the field of professional job and experience severe stress. 率直に言えば、お金も成功も、それを楽しめなければ獲得する意味がないのである。 Frankly speaking, both money and success have no meaning without having enjoyment to them. 今日多くのアメリカ人が仕事に対する態度を変えつつある。 Many Americans are changing their attitude to the work. 成功は、仕事の要求と個人的な生活の必要とをうまく結びつけることを意味する。 Success means a good tie between a demand for a work and necessity of a personal life. その意味では、私の父がほかの州での高収入の仕事を断ったときは模範的であった。 In that mean, it was a good example that my father declined large-income job in other state. もし引越しをしていたら、姉と私は在籍していたすばらしい私立学校を卒業することができなかっただろう。 If my family had moved, my sister and I would not be able to graduate from our superb private school. 父は、自分の出世のために私たちの教育を犠牲にすることは誤りだということがわかっていたのである。 My father knew it unjust that our education was ruined due to his growth in his work. 私はこの決断について、父にずっと感謝している。 I have been grateful to my father about this determination.

• 英語 長文

訳をお願いします。 The pioneer spirit or the American dream (about/as/is/often/talked) a beautiful concept, but we should remember there is dark reality behind this dream. One terrible part of this reality is the effect this dream had on the Native American population. The opportunity that the New World offered was in fact stolen from the native peoples. For the various tribes of the Americas, the American dream was a real nightmare. After the Civil War, as more white Americans in quest of gold moved westward, conflict with the Native Americans became unavoidable. The white Americans wanted to have as much land as they could in order to get gold from it. The "indians," of course, either lived on the land in question or their villages kept the way to it blocked. To the white Americans the Native Americans were annoying. They viewed them as a kind of dangerous wild beast, like a wolf or a grizzly bear, which had to be removed before they could develop the land. Then wars occurred between them, and the Indian wars resulted in many white American military "victories." They had much stronger weapons and they destroyed entire villages and killed all the people, including the women and children. A common slogan of the time was "The only good Indian is a dead Indian." One commander of the United States Army said, "If we don't kill Indians, (by/get/killed/them /we'll)." The population of the North American Indians------excluding Mexico---- went from nearly two million before the "discovery" of America to less than 250,000 by 1910. *( )内は並び替えです

• 英語が正しいかどうか教えてください。

Many people want to be success. Many people have dreams and become happy. I also want to be success. And I have a dream. It is not easy to success. And many people have felt sad because they can’t success. I don’t think people can’t succeed that it is because of hard work. I suppose that luck is very important for succeed. I argue about exam and I was read a book. この文の英語に間違いなどあれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

The business practices, processes and mentality of Japanese corporations are a throwback to the 1950s. “Throwback” in the above sentence means a person or thing having the characteristics of a former time.

• これらの文がうまく訳せなくて困っています。

これらの文がうまく訳せなくて困っています。助けてください。よろしくお願いします。 The declared ‘search for security’ (as Eckart Conze calls it) of the Germans in the Federal Republic was to be carried out by means of the creation of a new army and its being equipped with nuclear weapons, giving rise to the contradictory situation that this policy simultaneously led to a threat to military security for Germans in East and West and an increase in their political insecurity, particularly since the potential for conflict and confrontation between the GDR and the Federal Republic was heightened. With his one-sided and undisguised Western policy and his style of governing, Adenauer shaped an era that was characterized by an American, transatlantic and francophile attitude and, at the same time, conservative and authoritarian models. The main concerns of the Federal Chancellor, who was strongly oriented towards the Rhineland, were the determined concentration on achieving sovereignly for the West German state and the forcing through of Western integration in the teeth of strong opposition from the SPD. Adenauer was consciously prepared to accept the resulting division of Germany by giving the impression in public that unity could only be achieved through Western integration and a ‘policy of strength’ towards the USSR.

• 英語の邦訳をお願いします。

While the advancement of Critical Political Economy (C*PE) does indeed require a serious engagement with the symbolic dimension of social life, this cannot be done at the cost of denying the specificity of economic social relations and the effects they produce in terms of constraints and opportunities. 上記英文の邦訳をお願いします。

• 英語得意な方!!!

この文章を訳してほしいです! (できれば、「ここは熟語で~、」のようなものがあったら、それも教えて欲しいです) One interesting form of insect behavior is exhibited by the social insects. Unlike the majority of insect species, they live in organized groups. They include wasps bees- and ants. Characteristically an insect society comprises a parent or parents and a large number of offspring. The society are divided into groups each having a individual members of the specialized function and often exhibiting markedly different bodily structures.

• これらの文がうまく訳せなくて困っています。

これらの文がうまく訳せなくて困っています。助けてください。よろしくお願いします。 The principle in the song composed in 1950 by Louis Furnberg was the rule: “The Party , the Party is always right and may it stay like that, comrades! Because whoever fights for what is right, is always in the right against lies and exploitation. The SED thus wielded a wide-ranging control over the activity of the state. The CC of the SED, a deviant form of internal party democracy, a pseudo-parliament within the Party, convened a intervals of a few months, acted as a mouthpiece for the political edicts of the Politburo, only in a few cases did it make use of the control function theoretically ascribed to it in relation to the all-powerful and complacent Party leadership.

• この文の主語・動詞はどれですか?

One of his plays, Romeo and Juliet, depicts the problems a young couple encounter because of differences in their social positions. と言う文の主語はRomeo and Julietで、動詞はdepictsで間違いないでしょうか? 分かる方、教えてください。