STPのパフォーマンスについて

このQ&Aのポイント
  • STPのパフォーマンスはプロフェッショナルであり、予想される曲目だけでなく「Naked Sunday」「Still Remains」「Where the River Goes」などのマイナーな曲も含まれていた。
  • しかし、ウィーランドは完全には観客に話しかけることに慣れておらず、各曲の間にはチャットをしたが、高校生が公演の練習をしているような雰囲気を出していた。
  • 彼が伝えたいポイントがいつも明確ではなかった。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

The STP tunes were performed in a professional manner, including such obscurities as "Naked Sunday," "Still Remains," and "Where the River Goes," as well as the expected standards ("Wicked Garden," "Big Empty," "Vasoline," "Interstate Love Song"). It soon became evident that Weiland isn't entirely comfortable addressing a crowd. Although he did chat between every number, he gave off the vibe of an uneasy high schooler practicing public speaking, and it wasn't always clear what point he was trying to make. ※ 『STONE TEMPLE PILOTS(STP)』はバンド名、『Naked Sunday』『Still Remains』『Where the River Goes』『Wicked Garden』『Big Empty』『Vasoline』『Interstate Love Song』は曲名です。

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

ストテン・チューンはいかにもプロらしい感じで演奏された。 マイナーな曲“裸の日曜日”“未だにそうさ”“川はどこへ流れていくの”は、 お待ちかねのスタンダード曲(“背徳の庭”“大きな空しさ” “ヴァソライン”“国家間恋歌”らと共に演奏された。 すぐさま明らかになったのは、ウェイランドが聴衆相手に話しかけることを 大層不愉快に感じているということだった。 曲の合間にベシャリはするものの、それはまるで公衆の面前でオロオロとスピーチをする 高校生のようだった。 彼が一体全体何を目論んでいるのか、さっぱり見当も付かなかった。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

The complaint I had, (which was my fault) was the sound. It sounded like Scott was a chipmunk for the first part of the show. I looked up, and I saw 2 huge speakers right above my head. When I moved away from them, the sound was much better (I know, I'm an idiot haha). The setlist was rather short. I believe they did 14 songs in total. They left out Big Empty, Wicked Garden, Interstate Love Song, and Sex Type Thing. The renditions of Dead and Bloated and Where the River Goes/Mountain Song made up for that, though. Defintely the highlights of the night. They mixed together Roadhouse blues and LA Woman for a 10-15 minute song, which was pretty cool.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Steve Stewart, who managed STP from their early days up until 2000, remembers, “I shopped that tape for the first record deal. It's true, the band's sound was much more ‘LA funk’ than what came out on Core in 1992. Except for Where The River Goes. The demo version of that track (which is on the cassette) is one of my favorite STP songs. Thick and tasty – I think it sounds better than the album version on Core, but it's pretty much unchanged.” By late 1990/early 1991 STP began to form the signature sound they would later have on Core, recording demos of Wicked Garden, Naked Sunday, Piece of Pie, and Only Dying. Crackerman was also written during this time period. The full demo tape featured these songs along with some of STP's funkier numbers like “Dirty Dog” and “Scary Area.” During the band's early days, they relentlessly played the club scene, Steve Stewart says they played “pretty much every club in southern California. Raji's, The Shamrock, the Golden Bear – all the Hollywood and O.C. venues.” They also opened for bands like the Rollins Band, Ice T, and Soul Asylum.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Few songs are more aptly titled than this, possibly STP's single most enduring radio hit and, yes, one of the great driving songs of all time. The song is everything that the band's first wave of singles were not: Upbeat, care-free, even jaunty. And Scott Weiland carries the mood, putting his gravelly pipes to work on a series of sunny, poignant hooks. "Interstate Love Song" marks the moment where the singer no longer seemed to be forcing it — as a frontman, he'd learned to ease back and let the song do the work.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

CHESTER BENNINGTON DISCUSSES DIFFERENCES BETWEEN WRITING WITH STONE TEMPLE PILOTS & LINKIN PARK All four members of Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington responded to questions from fans in a recent Instagram Q&A. Bennington says his favorite song from the new High Rise EP is “Black Heart” and his all time STP favorites are “Piece of Pie” and “Still Remains.” Bennington goes on to detail his 2 bands' songwriting methods saying Linkin Park writes separately in small groups while STP currently jam together as a group. He says, “Being a part of watching these guys fall back in love with the process of making music and playing live has been a real special treat.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

The band all quit their day jobs and began working on Core. They chose Brendan O'Brien to produce their first album. O'Brien helped the band hone their sound and stay focused on their angsty alternative rock sound that was featured on their Wicked Garden, Where The River Goes, Naked Sunday, and Only Dying demos. Steve Stewart recalls, “Yes – the best rock producer of that era, Brendan O'Brien, had a lot to do with that. Robert asked me to find him and inquire about producing Core. At that point, the LA scene was dominated by bands like the Chili Peppers and Fishbone, etc., while Seattle was starting to come into its own with a post-punk, stripped-down version of rock.” O'Brien would go on to produce STP's first five albums. Scott Weiland was obsessed with The Doors while recording Core, with Jim Morrison being his main influence. As the band were finishing the album and deciding on artwork, their lawyer told them that an old blues singer named Mighty Joe Young was making a comeback, so they had to change their name. Weiland always liked the initials STP from the motor oil logo, and the band initially joked around about the idea of renaming the band Shirley Temple's Pussy. They eventually decided on Stone Temple Pilots.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

What many people don't know about new Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington is his history with the band goes back to 2001. He actually sang frequently with STP during the 2001 Family Values tour which featured STP and Linkin Park. He mainly performed “Dead and Bloated,” and sang “Wonderful” as well, off of Shangri LA DEE DA. Bennington and Scott Weiland were actually friends for several years (Bennington idolized Weiland as a teenager), but I highly doubt they're sending each other Christmas cards now.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Stone Temple Pilots LIED about firing singer Scott Weiland as a publicity stunt ... in order to hype an upcoming concert tour ... so says Weiland, who insists the band is still 100% together. Weiland said, "STP is not broken up. It's a whole thing to try to boost ticket sales." But the way Weiland explains it sounds like he and the rest of STP don't really communicate ... and they used the Weiland "firing" to boost ticket sales for a tour they were organizing WITHOUT him. ※ 『STONE TEMPLE PILOTS(STP)』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

By 1990, Robert told Scott that Corey Hikock had to go and they needed a new guitarist. While Scott was hesitant to fire his close friend from the band, deep down he knew they needed a different guitarist. Corey cried when told the news, but he understood why they had to do it. The guys convinced Robert's brother Dean to join them, and in their first ever jam session with him they wrote the 8-minute epic “Where The River Goes,” which later ended up on the band's debut album Core. By 1990, the band's name was Mighty Joe Young. They began recording demos in mid 1990, with the initial demos leaning more on the band's funk influences from their previous incarnation as Swing.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Scott was basically in denial thinking it sounding great and the rest of the band basically said there's no way we can do Piece of Pie, Sin, Where the River Goes etc… So they said we’ll stick with the hits and the songs you can do. To their credit, they never went in the media and bashed Scott or said he couldn't sing stuff publicly, but I do remember at one point Kretz saying one guy in the band couldn't take criticism at all.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Whatever the case, it is true that we decided to scrap it for The Crow in deference to Brandon Lee's passing. We negotiated for Big Empty to be in all the trailers for The Crow, which got more attention on TV, than the song got at radio, and the coup was coordinating it to lead the off the record as the first single, while the song was so hot on TV, resulting in a #1 debut for Purple (very narrowly beating out a release by Warren G) in June of 1994. Much of this was pure circumstance, but there was quite a bit of jockeying going on behind the scenes.” After the Unplugged performance and after the recording of Big Empty, the band headed into the studio to record their second album Purple, marking the end of the Core era. As of 2012, Core has been certified 8x Platinum in the United States, making it one of the most popular albums of the 90's alternative rock era. The album was released 20 years ago today, but songs from Core are still played in heavy rotation today on rock radio. STP fans continue to debate which of STP's six albums is their best, but Core will always be remembered as what started it all. While it is enjoyable to look back at Core, let's hope the ride isn't over yet and that STP come roaring back with a seventh studio album next year.