Debating David Zinczenko's 'Don't Blame the Eater'

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Explore the alternative perspective to David Zinczenko's 'Don't Blame the Eater' by discussing inexpensive and convenient alternatives to fast-food restaurants.
  • Examine the agreement with David Zinczenko's viewpoint on blaming fast-food companies for youthful obesity, but raise questions about the effectiveness of lawsuits as a response to the problem.
  • Gain insights into the contrasting arguments surrounding David Zinczenko's 'Don't Blame the Eater' essay, addressing alternative solutions to fast-food consumption and debating the legitimacy of legal action.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語のエッセイの問題文の意味について

学校の英語のエッセイの課題が出たのですが、質問の意味が 読み取りづらくわかる方がいましたら、教えていただけますでしょうか。 下記が問題文です。よろしくお願いいたします! ちなみに、最初のsummaryはライターの意見に対する反対の意見を書けば 良いという認識で大丈夫でしょうか。 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Write two different summaries of David Zinczenko's "Don't Blame the Eater" . Write the first one for an essay arguing that, contrary to what Zinczenko claims, thereare inexpensive and convenient alternatives to fast-food restaurants. Write the second for an essay that agrees with Zinczenko in blaming fast-food companies for youthful obesity, but questions his view that bringing lawsuits against those companies is a legitimate response to the problem. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

訳 David Zinczenkoの"Don't Blame the Easter"の、2つの異なるサマリーを書きなさい。 1つ目は、Znczenkoが主張することとは反対に、ファーストフードレストランにとっての安価で便利な選択肢があるということを論じるエッセイのためのサマリーです。 2つ目は、若者の肥満をファーストフード会社の所為にするという点でZinczenkoに賛成するが、そうした会社を相手取って訴訟に持ち込むことが、問題に対しての妥当な対応という彼の見方を疑問視するエッセイのためのサマリーを書きなさい。 ここでサマリーとは、要点をかいつまんで書くことで、長い論述文を書くのではなく、ポイントだけをおさえて書くことです。反論ではありません。場合によっては概要とか、要約という意味です。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 英語のエッセイを読んでいて訳せない文があります

英語のエッセイを読んでいて訳せない文があります。 英文は以下のとおりです。 I was then,too,somuch an enemy to all constractions,that my masters could never prevail on me,by any persuasions or encouragements,to learn without book the common reles of grammar,in which they dispensed with me alone ,because they found I made a shift to do the usual exercises out of my own reading and observation. という文章です。 全体の訳もわからないのですが、特に分からない部分を箇条書きにします。 (1)I was then,too,somuch an enemy to all constractions,の後半 to all constractionのtoはas(~という)に置き換えてみて訳したほうがいいのでしょうか? (2)by any persuasions or encouragements,to learn without book the common reles of grammar, 先頭のbyの訳し方は「~によって」?ですかね・・・。教えてください (3)in which they dispensed with me alone , in which の in は入らないような気がします。(その語の文のどの部分に入るのか分からないので) そこの文法的な役割も教えていただきたいです。 以外にも前置詞が英文では、重要ということに気づきました。 どなたかお力添えをよろしくお願いします。

• この英文を訳すとどうなりますか?

Tweaks to the Idea Factory How do we recognize an invention when we see one? The U.S. patent system is a popular target. Recently we have heard that big portfolios of large companies pose a threat to small inventors, “patent trolls” who exist solely to sue real companies have hijacked the marketplace for new ideas and colossal lawsuits prove that America's patent system is broken. 訳してくるよう言われたのですが さっぱり分かりません… よろしくお願いします。

• これはどういう意味ですか?

これはどういう意味ですか? A hole in one can be such an expensive ambition to realize that insurance companies even offer cover against the expenses.

• これはどういう意味ですか?

これはどういう意味ですか? A hole in one can be such an expensive ambition to realize that insurance companies even offer cover against the expenses. One such policy, offered by Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd, for example, gives \300,000 Cover against hole-in-one expenses for an annual premium of \7000.

• 英語の質問です。

「あれは東京行きの電車ですか」という時に、文法的にしたの2つの文は正しいでしょうか。 お教えください。(toとforの違いです) (1) Is that the right train to Tokyo? (2) Is that the right train for Tokyo?

• 英語の問題です。

以下の問題の解答を教えて頂きたいです。 和訳もお願いします><。 【 hypercholesterolemia  hyperlipidemia  anorexia nervosa  obesity  malnutrition  alcoholic dependency 】 1. (    ) is a medical term for a condition caused by an improper or insufficient diet. 2. (    ) is a phychiatric eating disorder characterized by low body weight with an obsessive fear of gaining weight. 3. (    ) indicates the presence of high levels of cholesterol in the blood. 4. (    ) means the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages despire the health problems and negative social consequences. 5. (    ) is the presence of raised or abnormal levels of lipids or lipopoteins in the blood. 6. (     ) is a condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to such an extent that may be hermful to health.

• 英語の選択問題について

John : Let me begin my presentation on the next music festival that we will be operating in 2011. I would like to call this event "The Great Green Music Festival". This event will be an opportunity for music lovers to get involved in eco-friendly activities and enjoy great music at the same time. Let's take a minute to think about what it means to "go green". Global warming is a threat for all mankind. So it is the responsibility of each and every person on this planet to reduce their own carbon footprint. The event will have food venders that sell organic and natural foods. In addition to this, recyclables and food waste will be sorted out by volunteers on the site. Most certainly the entire event will all run on sustainable, locally produced biodiesel fuel. An event of great music and an opportunity to take action for the planet earth, who wouldn't call this a win-win situation! In what way would this event provide a win-win situation? A. It would be a great event for music lovers and also for the environment. B.It would let you eat organic food and listen to great music. C.It would let you eat organic food and let the volunteers sort out the food waste. 正解はAとあるのですがなぜBはいけないのですか?

• 英語の問題なんですが

分からないので教えてください。( )内の設問で書き換えるという内容です。 Q1 Who is he? (do you thinkを加えて一文に) 加えて文章として成り立つのでしょうか? Q2 This coffee is too strong for me to drink. (so...thatの構文で) どの範囲にso...thatを入れればいいのかが不明です。 Q3 The boy won the first prize. I taught him how to swim. (関係代名詞を使って一文に) 関係代名詞とはこの場合thatでしょうか? Q4 His mother said to him, "Don't leave your coat on the sofa." (間接話法で) 間接話法の意味が・・・ Q5 I am going to show you an interesting essay which my professor wrote. (which my professor wroteの部分を分詞を用いて) 分詞を用いて表すことができるのでしょうか? 当方、英語が不得意でとても困っています。 丁寧な説明よろしくお願いします。

• 英語について

英語について To be healthy,you must eat the right quantity of food. To be healthy,you must eat enough food. To be healthy,you must eat sufficient amount of food. To be healthy,you must eat an adequate amount of food. 訳をお願いします。 文法的に間違っているものがありますか?

• どなたか今日中にこの文を訳して頂けませんか(´・ω・`)?

どなたか今日中にこの文を訳して頂けませんか(´・ω・`)? お願いします! (3) Howeverenvironmental organizations generally use safer methods to protect the environment. Some groups ask supporters to write letters of protest to newspapers,governments,and polluting companies,and others might organize boycotts of companies that are environmentally destructive. A few groups buy threatened land in other to keep businesses from destroying it.