英語で説明する「にしん御殿」

このQ&Aのポイント
  • There is a grand building known as "Herring palace" in Hokkaido. This was my great great grandfather's palace.
  • It was built spending seven years from 1891 to 1897 and built by Tanaka Fukumatu who was the fishermen's boss in fishery in Tomari village. The herring fishery construction of those days is handed down to posterity.
  • The herring palace has 661.9 square meter gross area.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

にしん御殿を英語で説明したい。添削お願いします。

いつもお世話になっております。 にしん御殿について、英語で説明したいのですが、自信がありません。 サイトの紹介文をもとに、できるだけシンプルに説明したいのですが、 おかしなところなどありましたら、添削などお願いします。 サイトの紹介文 「祝津の先端の小高い丘に「鰊御殿」として知られる豪壮な建物がある。  鰊の最盛期に泊村の照岸漁場の網元であった田中福松により、明治24年から30年までの7年間をかけて建てられた。   当時のにしん漁場建築を現在に伝えている。網元の自宅と出稼ぎヤン衆たちの宿泊場を兼ねた木造2階建ての建築。右手の網元の正面玄関とヤン衆たちの左手の脇玄関とに別れている。間口29m奥行き13m建坪412平方mの総面積661.9平方mの広さがある。  元々は積丹半島泊村の照岸海岸に建てられたものが、北海道炭礦汽船株式会社が買い受け、昭和33年小樽市へ移築し、寄贈したものである。北海道指定有形文化財。」 ↓簡単に説明したいので、省いているところも多くありますが、どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 There is a grand building known as "Herring palace" in Hokkaido. This was my great great grandfather's palace. It was built spending seven years from 1891 to 1897 and built by Tanaka Fukumatu who was the fishermen's boss in fishery in Tomari village. The herring fishery construction of those days is handed down to posterity. The herring palace has 661.9 square meter gross area. 網元の自宅と出稼ぎヤン衆たちの宿泊場を兼ねた木造2階建ての建築 (ここに↑の部分を加えたいのですが、シンプルに英訳していただけましたら助かります。) Two hundred people or more had lived there. Originally, the herring palace was built in the Shakotan peninsula Tomari village. Afterward, it had been donated, and it was dismantled and reconstructed in Otaru City in 1958. The herring palace has been designated tangible cultural properties for the first time in the private house in Hokkaido since 1960. If you want to see that we have to pay admission. Admission to the herring palace is three hundred yen. お時間のありますときにでも、どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

There is a grand building known as "Herring palace" in Hokkaido. This was my great great grandfather's palace. It was built spending seven years from 1891 to 1897 and built by Tanaka Fukumatu who was the fishermen's boss in fishery in Tomari village. The herring fishery construction of those days is handed down to posterity. The herring palace has 661.9 square meter gross area.   いろいろ纏め方があると思いますが、上記の部分をシンプルにということでしたら This large building is locally known as Nishin Goten, or "Herring Palace". Fukuichi Tanaka, who was my great great grandfather and a fishing boss in Tomari Village on the Shakotan Peninsula, built it in the 1890's taking seven years. The building is preserved to show how prosperous herring fishers were in the past.  The building sits on a lot of 661.9 square meters.(敷地面積の場合) The space inside the building is 661.9 square meters.(建物内部の面積の場合)  とも言えるかと思います。

happy_green23
質問者

お礼

SPS700さん、こんにちは。お久しぶりです。 早速ありがとうございます。 建物内部の面積を表現する方法など、とても助かります。 ”locally known ”とするところなど、なるほどと思いました。 ぜひ、参考にさせていただきます。 貴重なお時間をありがとうございました。 またご縁がございましたら、どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

関連するQ&A

• 自然な英語になるように、添削をお願いします。

添削をお願いします。 マレーシアに旅行に行った時はちょうどタイの国は経済成長期で、沢山のビルや建物が大通りの至るところで建設中だった。 でも一歩中道に入るとそこは別世界で、その日をやっと暮らしているような人達が木造の平屋に暮らしていた。 そのギャップは驚きとショックだった。 When I went to Malaysia, it was just in the middle of an economic boom, and a lot of buidings and houses were being built all over the main streets. But as I stepped into a small path, it was a totally different world there, and I found that people who seemed to be barely making both ends meet, lived in one-story houses made of wood. I was greatly shocked by the difference.

• 英語 和訳の添削

自分では不安な所が多々あります。和訳添削をお願いします。 In the service of Kublai Khan, the most powerful man in people and in lands and in treasure that ever was in the world, Marco was able to learn and experience many things that were new to Europeans. マルコは、今までに世界存在した人々と土地と宝物の中で最も強力な人、フビライ・ハンに仕える中で、ヨーロッパ人にとっては新しかった多くのことを、学んだり経験することができました。 In his travel journal, he described Kublai Khan's palace as the greatest he had ever seen. 彼は、自分の旅行記の中で、彼がそれまでに見た中で最もすばらしいものとしてフビライ・ハンの宮殿を記述しました。 He admired the Khan's recently completed new capital, Daisy, whose streets were so straight and so broad. 彼は、ハンが最近完成した新しい首都、Daisyを賞賛しました。その通りがとてもまっすぐであって、とても広かったからです。 The city was located in what is now the center of Beijing, and Kiblai Khan's city planning can still be perceived in the straight, broad streets of China's modern capital. その都市は現在の北京の中心部にあり、現代中国の首都のまっすぐで広い通りにフビライ・ハンの都市計画を知ることができます。

• 英語得意な方。。

以下の3つの疑問についてのお答えを宜しくお願いします。 1、 Put some spices and water in a pan and bring it () a boil . という英文があって、()の中にはtoが入るそうなのですが、どうしてtoなのか分かりません。 何かイディオムがあるのでしょうか?辞書で調べても出てきません。 2、 Simmer it () a while and serve it in a cup. という英文があって、()の中にinが入るそうなのですが、in a while で一つの熟語なのでしょうか?辞書などで調べても出てきません。 3、 That house was built ten years ago. My uncle lives there. を関係詞を使って一文にしなさい。 という問題があるのですが、 That house which My uncle lives was built ten years ago. でよいのでしょうか? これは、試験問題で間違ったところなんですが、廊下に貼られている解答で答えの確認をしようとしたら、どうも捨てられたみたいで。。 以上 回答宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 緊急!!英訳の添削をしてください。助けてください。お願いします。

緊急!!英訳の添削をしてください。助けてください。お願いします。 私が今までに下した大きな決断は、短大から大学へ編入学したことです。 私は短大の授業で、「食」の栄養や調理性など食の重要性に関する知識を学ぶ中で、この先、人にとって重要な「食」を栄養・生理学的な観点から知識を深め、「食」の可能性を追求し、食を通じて多くの人に貢献したいと思いました。その思いから、短大卒業後の進路は、食品業界への就職、大学への編入学という3つの選択肢を考えました。私はその中で、分野が異なる他大学への編入学を志望しました。その理由は、その大学には「食」の可能性を追求できる研究室が存在していたからです。しかし、分野が異なる大学に編入学することは大きな決断であり、短大で学んだ知識だけでは足りないこと、編入学後は単位面でかなり苦労することなど色々不安もありましたが、粘り強く努力し、志を変えず最後までやり遂げた結果、合格することができました。 The big decision that I gave so far is that I have transfered from the junior college to the university. I thought that I pursued possibility of "the food" by what could deepen knowledge of important food for person from a poin of view nourishment and physiology in future and wanted to contribute to many people through food through I learned knowledge about the importance of the food such as nourishment and cooking characteristics of "the food" in the class of the junior college. In that case, I thought two choise, securing employment to the food industry and transfer admission to the other university. And I wished to be transfer admission to the university in different field. The reason is because there was the laboratory which can pursue possibility of "the food" at the university. However, that transfer admission to the university in different field was big decision and there were various uneasiness, the thing I was based on lack of knowledge that I had learnt at the junior colledge and the thing I had a hard time taking a unit after transfer admission, and I made tried hard and followed out without changing aim and passed the university.

• 英文の添削をお願いします。よろしくお願いします。

Unfortunately,I was robbed of my pleasure recently. I had my favorite view that was precious thing to me. The view is the sea that was able to see from the road in front of my house. I arrived at my house while always seeing the sea in the front. But a new house is built there pretty soon. I'm sure they will be enjoy the view and I'll be worry about scenery disappear little by little. 残念なことに私の楽しみが奪われました。 私には大切な景色があります。その景色は私の家の前の道から見える海です。 私はいつも正面に海を見ながら家に辿り着きます。しかし、まもなくそこには家が建ちます。 きっと彼らはその景色を楽しむでしょう、そして私は少しずつ消えていく風景に悩まされるでしょう。

• 英文の添削をお願いします。よろしくお願いします。

Unfortunately,I was robbed of my pleasure recently. I had my favorite view that was precious thing to me. The view is the sea that was able to see from the road in front of my house. I arrived at my house while always seeing the sea in the front. But a new house is built there pretty soon. I'm sure they will be enjoy the view every day and I'll be worry about scenery disappear little by little. 残念なことに私の楽しみが奪われました。 私には大切な景色があります。その景色は私の家の前の道から見える海です。 私はいつも正面に海を見ながら家に辿り着きます。しかし、まもなくそこには家が建ちます。 きっと彼らはその景色を毎日楽しむ事でしょう、そして私は少しずつ消えていく風景に悩まされるでしょう。

• 緊急!英訳の添削をしてください。お願いします。助けてください。

緊急!英訳の添削をしてください。お願いします。助けてください。 自らの夢と覚悟が試されたこれらの経験を通して、粘り強く努力すること、志を変えず最後までやり遂げることの大切さを学びました。 もし残りの選択肢を選んでいれば、その後の人生は編入試験の経験から得られた「努力し、最後までやり遂げる」こともできず、自分のやりたい事を明確にすることができなかったと思います。 編入学したおかげで、卒業研究では食品機能性の研究を行うことができ、その研究を通して、「食」の可能性を追求するいう目標を達成することができました。はたから見れば編入学は回り道のように見えるかもしれませんが、それは自分にとって意味のある貴重な回り道でした。 Through these experience that own dream and readiness were tried, I learned the importance of trying hard and following out without changing aim. If I choose of the other two choice ,I think that the I was not able to make an effort and to carry through to the end provided from the experience of the exam for admission entrance examination, and to show clearly what I want to do. Through transfer admission, I could study the food functionality in graduation work and achieve my aim to pursue possibility of "the food". The transfer admission might think a extra time but it was a valuable time with the meaning for myself.

• 英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします!

1)Once you meet her, you'll find that she is nice to (talk). 2)Eddy is only thirteen. He is (not old enough) to get a driver's license. 3)Nobody likes to be (made) fun of in public. 4)"John (seems) to like the fried rice." "He sure does! That's his third helping." 5)Tom did not tell the truth (so as not to) hurt his mother. 6)You need not give it to me, if you don't want (to). 7)It is hard to please my grandfather. =My grandfather is ( ) ( ) ( ). 8)We can't complete this task in a day. =It is ( ) (for) us (to) (complete) this task in a day. 9)They need some instructions to tell them what to do. =They need some instructions to tell them what they ( ) ( ). 10)It is said that the mayor practiced kendo very hard in his youth. =The mayor is said (to) (have) (practiced) kendo very hard in his youth. 11)You were so kind as to drive me to the airport. =It was very kind ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) me to the airport. 12)People say this house was built 100 years ago. =This house is ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) built 100 years ago. 問題文が多くてすみません。()内の穴埋めです。 解説や日本語訳を付けてくださると助かります。 添削よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 風力発電の説明文です。1箇所発音が聞き取れません。

Wind power generation is becoming very popular, because it is one of the best ways to get energy. The first wind power generator was built in Denmark in 1891. Wind power generation has been popular there for many years. In japan there are now about 580 wind power generators. Many of them are in windy places near the sea,such as Hokkaido, Aomori , Akita and Okinawa . In Akita for example there are 67 wind power generators. These generators were made in Europe. We are getting more energy by wind power generatinon. Then (アバ) before we can say wind power generations is very useful wasy to get energy. Of course there are awesome problems we need a lot of money to make just one generator. And important parts only were for about 17 years. We have to think about the answers to these problems. (  )書のアバと聞こえる部分があります。前後の内容から想定して当てはまる単語を教えていただけませんか。

• 入園式 英文で説明したいです

私は保育園で働いてて、ネイティブ友だちに入園式があったこと、緊張したけど無事終わったこと話したくてを次のように書きました。 '' Admission ceremony ended successfully. My heart was beating fast from being nervous. '' すると友だちから次の返事がきました。 What is the admission ceremony? How are the things going in Japan? 入園式ってなんですか?日本はどういうことするの?とこれは聞いてるのでしょうか? どのように話せばいいのか・・・ 自分なりに英文作りました。 Admission ceremony is April 1st each year. Cute decorate the room. I made ​​this year. Singing a song with the children, gifts for present, and celebrations together. The teacher introduces the children. Our by the children teachers are carefully involves a new child to be relieved. 入園式は毎年4月1日にあります。 部屋を可愛く飾りつけます。今年は私が作りました。 子どもたちと唄を歌ったり、プレゼントを贈って、みんなでお祝いします。 担任が子どもを紹介をします。 私たち保育者は新しい子どもが安心できるように丁寧に関わります。 と説明したつもりです。変な箇所があると思います。 訂正・その他こんなことを加えると分かりやすいなどありましたら是非アドバイスください。 よろしくお願いします。