• ベストアンサー

on pace

バーチャル大学の是非論の中の一文です。 The problem is that it's hard for students to get a sense if they're on pace or falling behind. というのがあるのですが、この on pace というのは 「ゆっくりしたペース→覚えが悪い」と言う意味でしょうか?(slow は無いのですが)それから、a sense というのは「学習の飲み込み」みたいなものの事でしょうか?よろしくご教示下さい。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ayasu
  • ベストアンサー率35% (56/156)
回答No.1

on paceはペースにあっているという感じですかね。 a senseはif以下の感覚ってことではないでしょうか。 つまり、 「問題は生徒達にとって、自分達がペースにあっているのか遅れているのかという感覚をつかむのが難しいということです。」という意味になるかと思います。

toko0503
質問者

お礼

あ~っ、そうですね!それで合点がいきます!! よく考えれば、そうです、そうです! 何だか、変な風に考えてドツボにはまっていました。 ありがとうございました。助かりました。m(._.)m ペコッ

関連するQ&A

• 和訳してください

i have a problem with my hair. they're falling.(問題は髪の毛が抜けるって事ですか?)

• grind on

I have recently become friends with two women from my college. I’m queer and they’re both lesbians, and I was excited to make more friends in the LGBT community. The problem is that they won’t stop hitting on me. I’m in a serious long-distance relationship with a man I love. At first I found their comments flattering, but they started going too far when they joked about “stealing” me away to my boyfriend’s face when he was visiting. One of them started grinding on me at a party and asked, “Are you wet yet?” ここでのgrind onとwet の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• mottoの和訳をお願いします

小説の中の "We shall dominate the skies and soar above all." という文の和訳がうまくできません。 これは○○財閥のmottoだそうで、設定としては and they were a high-class samurai family for many years in the story, they're now a zaibatsu they descended from samurai not as rich as fujiwara or toyotomi ... but still lots of money very wealthy で、このmottoのイメージとしては it's a fancy word for fly well, it's much more substantial than the word 'fly' it's like, 'you're on top of the world' you're above everything you're free you're superior it's not just flying, it's SOARING だそうです。私が「君臨する」という言葉を使おうとしたら 「そこまで威張っていない、ただselfishなだけだ」とのことでした。 どなたかおわかりになる方、宜しくお願いいたします。

• for my sake/on my account/for myself

お願いします。 ”私のために”という意味合いで使われるとき、この3つには どういったニュアンスの違いがあるのでしょうか? (ドラマ(70年代)の中でfor my sake, on my accountが使われた場面を書き添えます) 1) for my sake 刑事A,Bが捜査上の意見の食い違いから言い争いをする場面です。 A: Hey, what are you doing? B: A, for your sake... A: You're out of your tree. B: For your sake, it's better this way. A: For my sake? B: Yes. 2) on my account 刑事Aがshowgirl,Xに聞き込みをする場面で、 X: You know, I think I should like you. A: Me? ... Why? X: You're embarrassing me. A: I'm embarrassing you? X: It's just that we're so used to getting dressed and undressed around here. Men come in, and they either don't care or they leer. You're blushing.(とニッコリ) A: (照れながら、笑顔)… といったやりとりのあとの、帰り際の会話です。 X: Listen. The next time you see me, I will be dressed. A: (笑顔で)Don't do anything on my account. 3) シンプルなfor myselfという表現を使う。 お時間ありましたら、お願いします。

• too

Q:I can't eat soup. A:It's too hot. Q:She can't buy those shoes. A:They're too big. というtooをつかった文があるのですが 下の方はなぜThey'reになるのでしょうか? thoseは「あれら」なのに回答では「彼ら」になっているのでよくわかりません。

• 和文英訳添削のお願い「学力と指導」

和文英訳の問題です。 以下に問題文と私の回答を載せましたので、間違いやもっとこうしたほうがいい点などどんなことでも教えて頂ければ、と思います。 特にAのはじめの発言はどのように訳せばよいか迷いました。 よろしくお願いします。 問題 A:学力の思わしくない生徒をどう指導するかというのはやっかいな問題だ。しかし、成績の低い生徒の多くは、勉強に集中できない様々な問題を抱えている生徒なので、適当な助言と励ましを与えてあげればよくなっていく。 私の回答 It's a hard problem how to teach low-scholastic ability students. However, many students who can't get good achievement scores at school have much difficulty in concentrating on their studies, so they will perform better if they are given proper advice and encouragement. B:似たようなことを中国のある儒学者は言っている。「人をあるがままに扱えば、そのままで変わらないが、あるべき理想の姿として扱えば、おそらく彼はそのような人になってゆくだろう。」 私の回答 A Chinese Confucian says a similar thing. “If you treat person as they are, they will stay just that way, but if you treat them as they should be, they will probably grow into what they should be.”

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

(1)It’s a shame you couldn’t keep one of the Bremont watches, they are beautiful. (2)They’re more ’60s suits, different cut, not as fitted.

• keep me on the hook

My in-laws last year asked if I could babysit their 11-year-old this April so they could go away for a weekend, which they never get to do. I agreed and told them I would just need a few weeks’ notice to organize my own child care around it. Well, it’s April, and they still haven’t picked a date. I haven’t been able to make any plans of my own for weeks, and as we get closer to summer, the heat affects my health condition and puts me at a higher risk for seizures. My in-laws definitely need the time on their own and don’t have other child care options (my niece-in-law is poorly behaved), so I would feel like a bit of a jerk withdrawing my offer. But I feel like they’re not being very reasonable. Is it fair for them to keep me on the hook, or should I tell them I’ll no longer be available? keep me on the hookはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• make up your bottom line

Bars are a tough environment to work in; they're loud, the pace is ultra quick, and you're relying on the whims of customers to make up your bottom line. make up your bottom lineはどのよううな意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英作文 添削2

添削をお願いします He said competitive events should be abolished on this sports day. He thinks it's important to tell the students about the necessity cooperating each other rather than concerning the result. So they should do events whithout winning and losing, like dance or something. On the other hand, she said it's good there is competitive essentials to some extent, which stimulate the students.