• ベストアンサー

retreat on the booksとは?

retreat on the booksとは? "We've had this retreat on the books now for months. And Julie's looking forward to it." ここにあるretreat on the books now for monthsはどういった意味でしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

retreat は「隠遁、避難」 on は「...に従事して」で本を読むというより、 「本を執筆するために避難している」 私たちはもう何か月も、本の執筆のために引きこもっている。 最後の it は本が完成することを表しているのでしょうか。

その他の回答 (2)

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.2

retreat は退却の意味もありますが、「(宗教や冥想のため)静かな場所に引きこもること」さらに「安全で静かな場所」という意味があります。今の場合後ろに books とありますので、おそらく「読書のための安全で静かな場所」といったニュアンスです。後は前後の文脈で理解して下さい。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

この部分だけを示されても、まるでクイズを解くようなものですが、可能性の1つとして下記のように考えました。 ある本の内容に沈溺していて、それが何ヶ月にも及んでいる。しかし、その解釈では、ジュリーが楽しみにしている、という文との整合性がいまひとつだなぁという気がしなくもないですが・・・

関連するQ&A

• on disability

I have been in a relationship for four years. My partner has fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. When we met, he had just found out. He was still active, working, and we had sex regularly. Fast forward: He is now on disability, not working at all, we rarely sleep together and he never leaves the house. I love him still, but I didn't realize how hard this would be. I know he has a lot to cope with, but it's hard on me as well. on disabilityはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、it's hard on meはit's hard for meとどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend and I have been together for six years. Lately sex has become sporadic. First I was on my period, then he had to work early, then we were too tired to do it or not in the mood and it just spiraled from there. Now we’re looking at around six months without. But I’m OK with it. I’m happy with just hugs and kisses and curling up at night. spiraled from thereとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、curling up「体を丸くする」?cuddleとは違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• institutionalized

We’ve been together for a few years now, and we’ve definitely had a lot of conversations about gender and race and institutionalized racism and sexism. institutionalized racism and sexismとは簡単に言うとどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語にお願いいたします

wow your holidays are differebnt from ours our new years ids in janurary and christmmas is at the end of december. on sunday we went to the swiss chalet for supper as it was mothers day and we had the half a chicken dinner and boy was it good but it was really filing we enjoyed it though. i am getting my mom this book on paranormal activitiers as she believes in spirits and ghosts should be in with in two weeks. hugs julie

• for the booksの意味

Getting on one knee and popping the big question is not as easy as it may seem. Not only does it take a lot of effort to work up the nerve to propose, it takes a lot of planning! Of course, you always have the option to take the simple route: take her out to dinner, get on one knee, and ask, "Will you marry me?" Or you can be creative (which is what most girls prefer) and make the proposal a memory for the books. この文のfor the booksとは何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• well-attuned

My boyfriend and I have been together for just under a year, and we’re generally communicative and well-attuned to one another. Over the last three months, after countless conversations about ground rules, we’ve opened it up. It’s been both good and bad as this is our first time in an open relationship and we’re figuring things out. well-attunedとwe’ve opened it upの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• off-grid

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 18 months and moved in together about five months ago. We live in an apartment near the center of town. He’s always been interested in sustainability and environmental issues. Recently, he’s become interested in the tiny house movement, and we’ve now had a few conversations about moving somewhere rural and off-grid. ここでのoff-gridはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• [英語] 教えて下さい><

()の意味に近いものを教えて下さい>< 1. One of the members came (punctually), but the others were 10 minutes late. (1) on purpose (2) on time (3) for a moment (4) for a change 2. He felt (ill at ease) since he was the only one present at the meeting. (1) angry (2) comfortable (3) pleased (4) uncomfortable 3. I bought this electric car last year, and so far I've had no trouble with it. (1) now and them (2) until now (3) finally (4) for the time being

• make it on their own

I dated "Carol" for more than eight years. I loved her and wanted to marry her. The problem was her children (now aged 37 and 42), who have not grown up to be mature adults. Carol knew from the beginning that if we ever broke up, it would be because of them. I spent every weekend with her. The kids had a tendency to go through my personal belongings when we were on a date and when we slept. I had to hide my checkbook, wallet, truck and house keys. Her kids still live there and put forth zero effort to make it on their own. make it on their ownは「自立する」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 嵐の歌 movin'on について

嵐が歌ってる歌の movin'on の歌詞の英語の部分の ヨミガナを教えてください。お願いします。 (1)Cause i'm movin'on movin'on baby (2)just Now We Go (3)Now,it's you and me Yes! This us yeah この3つの文です!お願いします!