• ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 There is a scholarship sponsored by Tall Clubs International that recognizes unusually tall students. tallに「良い」みたいな訳し方はわたしの辞書にはありませんので、意味がわかりません。 recognizeもうまく合う訳し方がわかりません。 意訳ではなくて大学受験の時の様な訳し方でお願いします。 回答よろしくお願いします。

• ghfjri
  • お礼率92% (372/403)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#195322
noname#195322
回答No.1

tall = 背が高い recognize = 認知、認める なので 「Tall Clubs Internationalが提供している奨学金は異常に身長が高い学生を対象としております」 な感じですね 認知・認める、は、奨学金なので「奨学金の対象になる」=「認める」という意味で考えてください。 ちなみに検索しましたが、本当にある団体のようです http://www.tall.org/ 男性は入会条件が男性は身長6'2" (187.8cm)以上、女性が5'10"(177.8cm) 以上で21歳以上であることが条件だそうです。残念ながらアメリカ、カナダ、ヨーロッパにしかないようです。 なお、質問にあった奨学金ですが: http://www.tall.org/scholarships.cfm?CFID=697576&CFTOKEN=92633692 今年の秋に大学1年生になる高身長の学生に1000ドルまで、みたいですね。

ghfjri
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 ホントにあるんですか?ショックです・・・。 いろいろ考えたのですが、文脈的に tall=高い で理解したほうがいいみたいですね。

その他の回答 (3)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.4

tall には「大げさな、信じられない、途方もない」といった意味がありますが、ここでは素直に「背の高い」という意味で解釈して構わないのではないでしょうか? (訳)図抜けて背の高い生徒を認定する Tall Clubs International がスポンサーになった奨学金がある。 NBA (National Basketball Association) に関係のある団体でしょうか?

ghfjri
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 NBAとかバレーボールの機関がスポンサードしてるんでしょうかね。 私もはじめて知りました。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.3

ANo.2 の回答を投稿した後で、ANo.1 の方の回答を見ました。 tall の解釈に誤りがありました。「背が高い」 の意味でした。訂正してお詫びいたします。 下記のページに入会基準が出ておりました。ご参考までに。  → http://www.tall.org/join.cfm?CFID=697575&CFTOKEN=91765616

ghfjri
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧に訂正ありがとうございます。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

> There is a scholarship sponsored by Tall Clubs International that recognizes unusually tall students.  「優秀な学生を認定して奨学金を与える Tall Clubs International という組織があります」 ・ There is a scholarship sponsored by Tall Clubs International → Tall Clubs International による奨学金制度があります ・ that recognizes unusually tall students → その組織が並外れて優秀な学生を認定します recognize には、「認める」 「承認する」 という意味があります。 tall は、ここでは 「背が高い」 という意味ではなくて、excellent, fine という意味で用いられているのではないかと思います。下記のオンラインの辞書を参照しました。  → http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tall

ghfjri
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 ミスリードしてしまったかもしれません。一見そう思いますよね・・・。

関連するQ&A

• この英文の和訳をお願いします。

この英文の和訳をお願いします。 just as it is important to learn ways of fostering therapeutic exchanges , it is also helpful to recognize responses that interfere with effective communication. 意訳は禁止で、原文と和訳文の単語がそれぞれ合致するように訳していただきたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• ワシントンポストの和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします!! WashPostのコラムなんですが The truth is that carbon emissions will not be reduced by international bureaucrats, however well-meaning, sitting in a room and signing a piece of paper. と Above all, they will not be reduced by a complex treaty that neither the United Nations nor anyone else can possibly supervise, particularly not a treaty that effectively punishes those countries that abide by it and ignores everyone else. この和訳をどなたかお願い出来ますか? 口語表現が多くてわかりにくくて・・・

• 和訳お願いします。

To complain that life has no joys while there is a single creature whom we can relieve by our bounty, assist by our counsels or enliven by our presence, is ... just as rational as to die of thirst with the cup in our hands. 上の文章の和訳お願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文について、和訳をお願いします。 Most economists would probably argue that the best interests of international business are served by a free trade stance, but not a laissez-faire stance. カンマの前までの意味は理解できているのですが、その後の「but not a laissez-faire stance」の解釈が分からずにいます。 その部分について特に教えていただければと思っています。 よろしくおねがいします。

• 和訳してほしいです!

英語圏の友達からのメールで、 いきなり I'm sorry because my Professor has moved away my deskmate(Have I used the right word?^^) He is really funny and clever ?__? He's called Francesco but I call him"Francy"^^Have you got a "Deskmate"? と聞かれたんですが,deskmateとは何のことですか?一文一文の意味は分かりますが結局何が言いたいのかよく分かりません。。。 もうひとつ、 I have got a curiosity...Which school clubs there are in your school? In my school we have got "theatre","school magazine","Ancient Hebrew"(o_o),and some clubs about math...but I've already told you that our clubs aren't like yours^^ ↑のwhich school~の文のwhich はなぜwhatではないのですか?何ののクラブが学校にありますか?とういう意味ですよね? 質問分かりにくてすみません。ようするに和訳してもらいたいです。。

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いします。 “The Middle East is still in the process of addressing its long-term sustainable water access and security,” Corrado Sommariva, president of the International Desalination Association, said this month at the International Water Summit in Abu Dhabi. “By bridging the gap between research and development and commercialization, Masdar can provide an opportunity for scale-up of technologies that address water access.”

• 英文の長文和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています。 和訳を教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いします!! The sanctuary was largely reconstructed after the earthquake of AD 62 and was fully functional at the time of the eruption :the excavators of 1764 recorded finding ashes and fragments of burned bones lying on the altar. Sockets in the stylobate show that there were doors or screens between the columns by which the view from the portico to the central court could be controlled. Nevertheless, the cult continued to benefit from the official statues it had been given before the foundation of the Sullan colony, and became even modish even under Vespasian. Both the pronaos and the cella are unusually wide in proportion to their depth, and a staircase running up against the south wall gave direct access to the cella without being seen by the spectators in the eastern portico.

• 英文の長文和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています。 和訳を教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いします!! The sanctuary was largely reconstructed after the earthquake of AD 62 and was fully functional at the time of the eruption :the excavators of 1764 recorded finding ashes and fragments of burned bones lying on the altar. Sockets in the stylobate show that there were doors or screens between the columns by which the view from the portico to the central court could be controlled. Nevertheless, the cult continued to benefit from the official statues it had been given before the foundation of the Sullan colony, and became even modish even under Vespasian. Both the pronaos and the cella are unusually wide in proportion to their depth, and a staircase running up against the south wall gave direct access to the cella without being seen by the spectators in the eastern portico.

• 私の和訳、どうですか?駄目だししてください

And there were many things and many people, some that still seem to stand out clearly and some that are vaguer; but all these people were beautiful and kind. In some way - I don't know how- it was conveyed to me that they all were kind to me, glad to have me there,andfilling me with gladness by their gestures ,by the touch of their hands,by the welcome ane love in their eyes. いろいろなことがあって、多くの人がいた。今でもはっきりと目立っているように思われるものもいれば、もっと漠然としているものもあるが。でも、すべてその人たちは美しくて親切だった。 ある方法でー私は知らないがーそれは私に伝えられた。彼らはみな私に親切だった、 私がそこにいるのを喜んでいた、そして彼らの振る舞いから、かれらの手の感触から、彼らの 歓迎と愛のまなざしは私を喜びで満たした。   ※一見意味がわかりそうですが、読み返すとなんだか わけのわからない和訳になっていますよね? この和訳にどなたか駄目だししてください!

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 3段落に分けた後半部分となります。 難解な部分も含め、意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Feeling the mans presence around you when he is not there, or sensing his thoughts on you even if you don’t know what those thoughts are, you may feel that he is thinking of you. You may feel just something that your mind cannot quite define or interpret but your own thoughts are frequently drawn towards him in his absence in a strange warm way, as if he too is thinking of you and there as of there is some connection there. Your mind cannot let go of the dream, the feelings the thought, the love that permeates your life at times.