低技術方法でアパートのドアを開ける方法について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • アパートの奇妙な前のドアを鍵なしで開くための低技術方法
  • リングを後ろに持ち、前に引いてドアを押すことにより、アパートの奇妙な前のドアを鍵なしで開ける方法
  • リングを後ろに持ち、前に引いてドアを押すことで、鍵なしでアパートの奇妙な前のドアを開く方法
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

by holding the ring in the back,……以

by holding the ring in the back,……以下がわからないのですが。 お世話になります。 I rang the bell before using the low-tech way to gain entry to the apartment building's quirky front door without a key : by holding the ring in the back, pulling it forward, and pushing the door in at the same time. という文章の by holding the ring 以下をどう訳せばいいのかわかりません。 ご教示頂ければ幸いです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• bamizo
  • お礼率94% (197/209)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

私の脳味噌で考え得る姿は、添付URLのノックをするドアベルをイメージをして http://www.google.co.jp/images?um=1&hl=ja&rlz=1I7GGLJ_ja&tbs=isch:1&&sa=X&ei=oDeQTLGQNImovQO6tZzDCw&ved=0CCAQBSgA&q=ring+bell+knocker&spell=1 ドアを背にして両手で後ろにあるドアベルを握る、そしてお辞儀をするように表側に引っ張ると(ドア全体が上にずれる)と同時にドアを家の中に向かって押す。(ドアベルの取っ手を後ろ向きで両手に握り締め、体ごと前に倒した体を同時に後ろに反らすことでドアを開ける)

bamizo
質問者

お礼

早々にご教示いただきましたのに、お礼が遅くなってしまい、申し訳ございませんでした。 おかげでとてもよくわかり、助かりました。 本当にありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• tkltk73
  • ベストアンサー率54% (171/315)
回答No.2

「一瞬の間に後ろの騒ぎを振り捨てて、急いでドアをぶち破る。鍵なしで難物のアパートの玄関ドアから入るのにそのような手荒なまねはせず、私はまずベルを鳴らした」 'hold the ring' には「争いに介入しないで傍観する」、 'pull it (=pull foot)' には「急ぐ」という意味があります。 さらに文脈が明らかになれば、別の考えが浮かぶかもしれませんが、今わかる範囲では以上のような意味と思います。

bamizo
質問者

お礼

早々にご教示いただきましたのに、お礼が遅くなってしまい、申し訳ございませんでした。 ご丁寧にお教えいただき、感謝しております。 おかげでとてもよくわかりました。 本当にありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• in which→by which

以下のin whichはby whichにしたらダメですか? Sky gazers also observed a phenomenon called the diamond ring, in which sunlight glows like a ring just before and after the moon blocks the sun.

• 和訳:She winds up back in~

下記文章でいくつか訳せないところがあります She winds up back in bed with Steve before long, but not before she works her way through the guy who wants to get caught, the Peeping Tom in the next building, and a divorced dad. 1)winds up back はどう訳しますか?こういった熟語があるのでしょうか 2)but not before  はどう訳しますか? 3)the guy who 以下は訳さなくて大丈夫なのので、全体の訳を教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします

• by nature

I’m a 30-year-old who moved to Brussels a week ago for a great job. It is by nature a temporary move, and I plan to be back in the States within a few years. ここでのby natureは「元々」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• medical byeをどう訳すか。

以下のmedical byeはどう訳したらいいでしょうか。 また、byeの語源はこの場合なんでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 A new groin injury suffered in her only practice on Olympic ice forced Kwan to withdraw from the U.S. team she made in the first place on a medical bye.

• we are in to とは何ですか?

[新TOEICテスト でる模試 もっと600問] 別冊 解答・解説 (1), P79 に、以下の文章があります。 In compliance with cultural heritage policies, we have preserved the building we are in to give our guests a memorable feel of the city. 文化遺産政策に準じ、町の印象的な記憶をお客様に届けるべく、私たちは建物を保存しています。 これが理解できません。個別の部分は理解できますが、それを接続している「we are in to」が理解できません。以下の文章なら理解できます。 We have preserved the building. Because, we want to give our guests a memorable feel of the city. なぜ、こう記述せずに「we are in to」と記述しているのか、なぜ「in」が必要なのか、が理解できません。私の感覚では、in は「We are in the park.」のような使い方をします。よって、in の直後に「to 動詞」が続く文法は理解できません。 インターネットで検索しても理解できなかったため、質問させていただきます。この文法の構造を教えていただけないでしょうか。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈で悩んでいます

After pulling and pushing the cart very hard, we were getting warmer and warmer. この文章のカンマより前の部分についてですが、after と very hard の使われ方がよくわかりません。 以下、私なりの考察ですが、行き詰っています。 After ~, の部分には述語動詞が見当たりませんので、after の品詞は前置詞で、After ~, の部分は副詞句と理解しています。 pulling and pushing は動名詞で、the cart は pulling and pushing の目的語。 残った very hard ですが、この hard は副詞として pulling and pushing を修飾しているのでしょうか? (私にはそれ以外の考えが見当たらないのですが、なんとなく違和感を感じています。) それと after を「~の後で」という風にとらえますと、(私には)もう手押し車を引き終えたかのようなニュアンスに感じるのですが、getting warmer and warmer というのは、体が暖かくなってきている最中のようなイメージを(私は)持っています。 また、この文章の後には、 When we got to the village, we were warm enough. と続きますので、上記の After ~. の文は、まだ手押し車を引いている(押している)最中のことだと(私には)思われるのです。 辞書を調べてみましても、after には、何かをしている最中のような意味合いはありませんし、この after をどのように捉えたらいいのかよくわかりません。 お分かりになられる方、解説の程、よろしくお願いいたします。

• byの使い方を教えてください

以下の英文のby which以下の構造とbyの役割を教えてください。 Suffice it, that when I left home it was with the intention of going to some new colony, and either finding, or even purchasing, waste land suitable for cattle or sheep farming, by which I means I thought that I could better my fortunes more rapidly than in England.

• サインが必要なのか、どこにするのか教えてください。

以下抜粋ですが、どなたか教えてください。アパートの定款及び細則の変更についてなんですが順番に約してきましたが、最後にこれは、どこにサインをしたら良いのか、いや、サインは必要ないのか?と解らなくなりました。 ・・・・ ・・・・ THIS CERTIFIES that the undersigned is the Secretary of the above-named Association and that the foregoing is the true, full and correct resolution passed by the Board of Directors thereof at a meeting of said Board legally called and held on May 29, 2014, at which a quorum was present and voting. IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this day of ,2014. Secretary ---------------------------- LAND COURT             |            REGULAR SYSTEM ---------------------------|--------------------------------- AFTER RECORDATION, RETURN BY: MAIL() PICK-UP() PORTER McGUIRE KIAKONA & CHOW, LLP (CPP/vjd) 841 Bishop Street, suite 1500 Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 Total pages: ?? ------------------------------------------------------------------- TAX MAP KEY FOR PROPERTY: (1) 2-6-010-007 SIXTH AMENDMENT OF THE FIRST RESTATEMENT OF THE DECLARATION OF CONDOMINIUM PROPERTY REGIME OF THE ILIKAI APARTMENT BUILDING; SEVENTH AMENDMENT OF THE FIRST RESTATEMENT OF THE BY-LAWS OF THE ASSOCIATION OF APARTMENT OWNERS OR ILIKAI APARTMENT BUILDING THIS AMENDMENT (this “Amendment”) is made this___ day of ____ 2014, by the OWNERS OF ILIKAI APARTMENT BULDING, INC., a Hawaii nonprofit corporation formerly known as the “Association of Apartment Owners of Ilikai Apartment Building”,whose mailing address is 1777 Ala Moana Boulevard, Honolulu, Hawaii 96815 (the “Association”). WITNESSETH THAT: WHEREAS, by the certain Declaration of Horizontal Property Regime Under Chapter 170-A, ・・・・ ・・・ AMENDMENTS TO DECLARATION:  1. Section 7 (a) of the Restated Declaration is hereby amended as follows: ・・・ AMENDMENTS TO BY-LAWS: 1. Article III, Section 1 of the By-Laws is hereby amended in its entirety to read as follows; ・・・ Except as set forth herein, the Declaration and the By-Laws remain in full force and effect. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned have executed this instrument as of the day and year first above written. OWNERS OF ILIKAI APARTMENT BUILDING, INC. a Hawaii nonprofit corporation By: _______ Its By: _______ Its STATE OF HAWAII CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU On ____ , 2014, before me personally appeared ____ , to me personally known, who, being by me duly swam or affirmed, did say that such person executed the foregoing instrument as the free act and deed of such person, and if applicable, in the capacities shown, having been duly authorized to execute such instrument in such capacities. Type or print name:_______ Notary Public, State of Hawaii My commission expires: _______ ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー Document Date: # Pages

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 Alas! it was a thrilling look--a look which no girl could sustain without emotion; and spellbound under it, I stood in a maze, alone and in utter darkness. While my emotions were at their height a bell rang. It was the front door-bell, and it meant the arrival of the engines. As the bell rang a second time, a light broke on the staircase I was so painfully watching, and Mr. Allison descended, lamp in hand, as he had gone up.

• 「戦争で得るものは何もない」と言いたいのですが・・

英語で「戦争で得るものは何もない」と言いたいのですが、どういいますか? 以下が私が考えた文ですが合っていますか? (1)We have nothing to gain from a war. (2)We have nothing to gain by a war. (3)We gain nothing by a war. もしこれらの英文がおかしければ、教えて下さい。