• ベストアンサー

訳を見てください

Tiger Woods has been told to go on television to try to finally end the controversy that has forced the world's No. 1 golfer to take an "indefinite break" from the sport. 世界ナンバーワンゴルファーをこのスポーツからの「無期限休止」に追い込んだ論争にけじめをつけるため、タイガー・ウッズはテレビ出演を要請されている。 こなれた訳になってますでしょうか?

noname#101202
noname#101202
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

いいと思います。

noname#101202
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• far more than for...

far more than for... But it takes time to erase the golfer’s identity completely. Accenture spent $50 million on advertising in the United States last year, and Mr. Woods appeared in 83 percent of the company’s ads ? far more than for any of his other major sponsors ? according to TNS Media Intelligence. (試訳) しかし、タイガーのイメージを消し去るには時間を要する。TNSメディアインテリジェンスによると、アセンチュアは、昨年、合衆国だけで5000万ドルの広告費を費やし、広告の83%でタイガー・ウッズが使われているという。これは彼の他のスポンサーと比べてもずば抜けている。 訳は合ってますでしょうか?

• he had meant no disrespect-not even the shocked folks の解釈

英文の解釈について質問です。 Mr. Woods did apologize, even though, as he said, he had meant no disrespect-not even the shocked folks at Scope went so far as to suggest that he had. これはThe Japan Timesの記事にある英文です。 タイガーウッズがインタビューでとあるeffensiveなslangを 使ってしまい、Scopeという団体から謝罪の要求を受け、謝罪したという文脈です。 特に、not even the shocked folksの部分の解釈を教えてください。 私としては、he had not meant disrespect to the shoked folks なのかな、と思っています。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• Accenture, however, is already prep

Accenture, however, is already preparing a new ad campaign. Jon Swallen, a senior vice president for research for TNS Media Intelligence, said it seemed notable that the consulting firm chose not to hide under a no-comment cloak or hire a new celebrity spokesman; instead, it separated from Mr. Woods publicly and swiftly. (試訳) 一方、アセンチュアはすでに新しい広告キャンペーンの準備に取り掛かっている。TNSメディアインテリジェンスのジョン・スワレン研究担当副社長は、コンサルティング会社が逃げずにコメントし、新たな有名人を起用することは注目に値すると述べた。彼らは公然とタイガー・ウッズにあっさり別れを告げたのだ。 訳はたぶんめちゃめちゃだと思います。文中の instead はどう訳せばいいのでしょう。

• 17-5日本語訳

お願いします。  The people of ancient India,like those of ancient Rome,used a counting board to keep track of sums.A counting board had columns marked off,each standing for units of 1,10,100,and so on.You put pebbles or other counters in each column to stand for your number.So far,so good,you could easily record how many pebbles were in each column.But if one of the columns was empty,things got sticky.Without zero,two ones could stand for one 100 and one 1,or one 10 and one 1,or-you get the idea.Finally,someone had the bright idea of putting a small dot(which later became a circle)wherever there was an empty column.In fact,the Sanskrit word for zero is shunya,which means“empty.”  By making arithmetic easier,the invention of zero has probably had more impact on the daily lives of people than any other scientific or technological discovery from ancient India.But if you'd asked a Mauryan emperor like Chandragupta what invention was most important to the strength of his kingdom,he probably would have told you the process of smelting iron.

• 英語の訳が分りません。

英語の訳が分りません。 分かる方教えて下さい Until recently, actors felt sure that they would never have to worry about being replaced by a digital actor. They thought their performances needed expression of feelings which could not be copied by a computer. However, because of a new digital technology, all of that may change. Hollywood is busy with talk about how filmmakers will be able to create virtual actors that will be as wonderful as real actors. Of course, the actors themselves are not happy with this change. Many actors are deeply troubled at this idea. The Screen Actors Guild, the leading union for television and film actors, has told filmmakers that it will keep watching producers' activities carefully, becouse actors are afraid that their carefully prepared performances may be changed or even replaced by computer animation. Why do film producers want to use these virtual actors so much when a big-name stars' film usually becomes a great hit? Simple-money. The virtual actor will be a digital robot that can do anything the producer tells it to do, at any time, and at any place, without crying, or, without receiving money. The thought of using peaceful actors who need no contract or no sick days makes many producers and directors very happy. And of course any money made by these virtual actors will go to te producer. Filmmakers believe they will save millions of dollars on the filming.

• ( )に入る適切な語句を教えてください

1,I am surprised to see you are already through with that difficult job.( ) (1)What did you finish it? (2)When do you finish it? (3)When have you finished it? (4)When will you finish it? 2Peter ( )to find a new apartment for some time (1)has been trying (2)was tired (3)is trying (4)goes to try 3When the plane finally took off,she ( )in her seat for more than three hours (1)sat (2)had been sitting (3)was sat (4)has sat 4He told me he would be here about seven.Anyway,I'll tell you when he ( ) (1)comes (2)came (3)would come (4)will come

• 英語が堪能な方!訳をお願いできますか? 

I: Rickie, tell me. What are your expectations for the rest of this season? R: Umm, you know just getting the season started, just looking to get off a solid start. Umm, I had a good finish in Maui, urr I've had some success here at Torrey so. Really looking forward to, urr, a good finish here, moving on and working on a multiple-win season. I: After playing in Hawaii last week, where do you feel your game is, and how confident do you feel coming in to this tournament? R: Urr, game I've been swinging well. I have had some time off, which is nice. You get the body rested up. Umm, so ready to play, definitely well rested. Umm, like I said I've been swinging well, so just ready to get out, play, and get back in contention. I: Now I have got to ask. You've been called the "Justin Beaver of golf." How do you feel, knowing that you are such a hard throb? R: Well I definitely have the younger, urr, I guess girls and boys fans. Urr, but as far as the status goes between me and Beaver, urr, he has got me beat by a long shot so. Urr, you know hopefully I can keep the fan base growing, umm, especially with the youth and the younger generation, but urr, yeah, he is a little bit bigger than I am. I: Who has better hair? You or Beaver? R: Oh, my hair is way better than Beaver's. I: Growing up, who did you look up to most? R: Umm, probably the one guy that I looked up to most was actually another, kind of stoked out(??) native, urr, Jeremy McGrath in the Supercross industry. Umm, I grew up, riding and racing in bikes and playing golf so, umm, I actually ? knew more people in that industry than I did in the golf industry, before I kind of become a good established amateur player. But urr, you know, obviously guys like Phil and Tiger are guys I look up to as well. They are, umm, you know, some of the best players in the world and, you know, something I want to do. But you know, Jeremy being at a different sport, umm, just like the way he handled hiself and, you know, won championships. I: You are a phenomenal golf player yourself. Does it intimidate you to play with Phil and Tiger? R: No, I like going out and trying to beat them up as bad as I can. Urr, God I know them both pretty well. Play some matches with Phil for fun on the side and practice rounds and, umm, you know, practice and play with Tiger a little bit more home so. It's been fun to get to know guys like that and trying to learn a little bit from them. I: Thanks. Well, best of luck to you, the rest of the week.

• この訳はどこが間違っていますか

状況解説 ナショナルフットボールの選手たちが、試合前の国歌斉唱の際に起立せず、ひざまずくことで、人種差別に対する抗議活動を行ったことに対してトランプ大統領が批判した問題で、ニュースコメンテーターが評論をしています。 CAMEROTA: And Michael, I mean, of course it's been pointed out that the president has -- is speaking more critically about these players who are taking a knee than he did about the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, who he called "Some of them are very fine people." カメロタ:そしてマイケルさん、なんというか、もちろん大統領がシャーロッツビルのネオナチたち、彼が「彼らのうち何人かはとても良い人たちです」と言った人たちよりも、これらのひざまずいている選手たちに対してより批判的に述べていることが指摘されています。 MICHAEL SMERCONISH: True. by the same token, I don't think you can say that all criticism that's directed at Colin Kaepernick and other athletes is racially driven, because there's a legitimate debate here about the propriety of protesting during the national anthem. マイケル・スマーコニッシュ:そうですね。しかし同様に、コリン・キャパニック選手や他の選手たちに向けられている批判は全て人種差別的理由で引き起こされた[なされている]とは言えないと思います。 何故なら、そこには国歌斉唱の際に(人種的差別に)抗議するのが適当か、という筋道の通った討論があるからです。(=人種差別に抗議するのはよいとしても、国歌斉唱のさなかに抗議活動をするのはタイミングとして不適切では?というまっとうな論議があるからです) And here's a barometer of just how much the country has moved in this regard. In 1992, George Herbert Walker Bush, running for reelection, made an issue of Bill Clinton, as a Rhodes Scholar while at Oxford, protesting against his country overseas. And it was then perceived as a bona fide point of contention, a legitimate debate. そしてここに(これから述べること?直前に述べたこと?)、この国がどれだけこれに関して揺り動かされたか(? 意味不明)を示す指針があるのです。1992年、再選に出馬したジョージ・ハーバート・ウォーカー・ブッシュ氏は、ビル・クリントン氏がオックスフォード大学在籍中の奨学金特待生であった頃、(アメリカからみて)海外へ向けて、(つまり)彼の国(彼の留学中の国、イギリス)に抗議して、クリントン氏の過失(※1)を問題として取り上げた そしてこの件は誠実な論争、筋道の通った討論として理解されました。 (※1)ベトナム戦争時、クリントン氏(男)はオックスフォード大学に留学しており、召集令状をかけられたのにも関わらず徴兵忌避した疑惑。 I took note of the fact that yesterday the first game, which was 11 a.m. our time, East Coast, was the Jaguars and the Ravens at Wembley overseas. Twenty-seven players, according to "The Guardian" in the U.K., protested. And I've not heard any controversy here in the United States saying, "Huh, it's one thing to protest within our country, but what about overseas?" My point is that the politicization of everything has become universal. And that's a sad thing. 私が注目した事実は、昨日の最初の試合は、それは私たちの時間東海岸で午前11時のことだったのですが、海外のウェンブリー(ロンドン郊外の町)でのジャガーズ対レイベンズだったということです。 イギリスのガーディアン紙によると、27名の選手が(試合前の国歌斉唱中にひざまずくことで人種差別に)抗議したそうです。そして、私はアメリカで「ふん、これは私たちの国で抗議される問題の1つかもしれない。だが海外(イギリス)ですべきことなのか?」といった論議はまったく聞かない。私が言いたいことは、全てのことの政治問題化は世界共通になっているということです。そしてこれは、悲しいことです。 まず、but what about overseas?は「海外ですべきことなのか?」という意味なのか、それとも「海外は人のことが言えるのか?」という意味なのでしょうか。 次にMy point is that the politicization of everything has become universalの部分ですが、 「私が言いたいことは、全てのことの政治問題化は世界共通になっている」という訳は日本語として支離滅裂です。おまけに、「私の言いたいことは」と切り出していると言うことは、この部分は直前の文を補足的に説明するものであるはずなのですが、なぜイギリスで選手が人種差別への抗議活動をすることが、「政治問題化が世界共通になっており、それが哀しい」ということになるのか、日本語として支離滅裂で繋がりません。 意味が通るように正しい訳を教えて下さい。 ここまでお読みいただきありがとうございます

• 英和翻訳の訂正をお願いします

内容は「黙秘権」についてです。私が日本語に訳したけど、全く自然な日本語ではないです。だれかが、自然な日本語を書き直してくれますか? *tradition (他のところで「慣習」を使いました→慣習を使いたいということ). human right = この場合は「黙秘権」 よろしくお願いします ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー Now almost 65 years later, this court has to decide whether it wants to continue with tradition, or finally recognize the human right that was forced into it's constitution. およそ65年後の現在、この裁判所は、慣習で続けるか、とうとうには憲法に強制された人権を認めるかを決定しなければならない。 Make no mistake thought, until this court recognizes or erases these sorts of false laws, suffering by the defendant and all those who go through the criminal system will be harmed solely because this court is contradicting itself. しかし、誤解しないで、この裁判所は黙秘権というような法律を認めるか又は削除するかまでに、この裁判所自体が矛盾している所為で被疑者およびすべての刑事司法制度を通す人々は損害を受ける。 ーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 自分で訳してみても文にならず意味がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。 The next morning it is snowing, but Rachael still has a lot to do. Tonight, she will camp with her dogs in the woods before finishing the race tomorrow. She must carefully pack her sled with all the supplies she will need. Rachaei's friends and family help her to check and re-check her sled and equipment. Later that morning, race organizers go over a map of the course. It is a map that Rachael cannot see. She will rely on her dogs to follow the way. She will also have Matt close by on his snowmobile if she needs help. Day six of the race is a leg that covers a total of 43 miles. Just before she starts, Rachael stops to pet and encourage each member of her dog team. She knows that each one of them has a difficult job to do,so they are her primary concern. Finally, the race starts for the day. The weather is not great, but this leg of the race is going better than yesterday for Rachael. However, there are many difficult turns in the course. Matt has to use his radio to warn Rachael about them several times during the day.