• ベストアンサー

恥ずかしながら・・・

1.There has been a decrease in the annual birth rate for the last twenty years. 「decrease→減少」「annual→年1回の、例年」「birth→出生、誕生」「rate→割合」「twenty years→20年」 2.Buying a house is a serious matter. For most people , it's the biggest purchase they ever made. 「serious→生まじめな、本気の」「matter→物質、材料」「purchase→買う、購入する」「ever→かつて、これまで」 ↑単語は調べたんですけど、恥ずかしながら…どう繋げればいいか分かりません。 教えてください。

noname#89509
noname#89509
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

1> There has been a decrease 減少し続けている the annual birth rate 年間の出生率 for the last twenty years ここ20年間において >2 Buying a house is 家を買うことは a serious matter 重要なことです。 For most people ほとんどの人にとって it's the biggest purchase 今までで一番大きな買い物だ they ever made. 彼らがかつて買った物のなかで

noname#89509
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!! 分かりやすいです。

その他の回答 (2)

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.3

There has been a decrease in the annual birth rate for the last twenty years. 直訳:この20年間、年間出生率の減少があった。 普訳:この20年間、年間出生率は(ずっと)減り続けている。 意訳:この20年、年間出生率は減少の一途である。 Buying a house is a serious matter. For most people , it's the biggest purchase they ever made. 直訳:自分の家を購入するとこは重要なことである。大部分の人にとり、今まで購入した中で最も大きな買い物である。 意訳:マイホーム購入は人生での重要事。殆どの人にとって、人生最大の買い物である。

回答No.2

訂正です。 >it's the biggest purchase >今までで一番大きな買い物だ 「今まで」ではなく、「それは」です。和訳するときは「それは」なしでもいいです。

関連するQ&A

• 文が同じ意味になるようにしたいんですが…

あってますか(>_<)? 1、My wife is Mary. I got married to her twenty years ago. =Mary and I (have)(been)(married) for twenty years. 2、It is two years since my aunt died. =My aunt (has)(been)(died) for two years. 3、He is blind because he lost his sight as a child. =He (has't)(been)(?) since he was a child. この問題がよく分かりません(>_<) 分かるかたお願いいたします。 中学 高校 大学 英語

• 次の問題を解いてください!お願いします!

次の問題を解いてください!お願いします! 次の文の(?)内に入れるのに最も適当なものを、下から1つずつ選べ。 (1)Tadashi (?) in Turkey for three years when the earthquake happened. ア.was イ.has been ウ.would be エ.had been (2)I heard a scream behind me;one of the boys (?) on a snake. ア.step イ.was stepped ウ.stepping エ.had stepped (3)The manager got angry because we (?) finished the work by the deadline. ア.had イ.hadn't ウ.have エ.haven't (4)He lost the watch his uncle (?) him for his birthday. ア.give イ.giving ウ.was given エ.had given 次の日本文の英訳として最も適当なものを1~5から1つ選べ。 彼はメアリーと結婚して20年になる。 1、He had married Mary twenty years ago. 2、He has been marrying to Mary for twenty years. 3、He married Mary for twenty years. 4、It has been twenty years since he got married to Mary. 5、It is for twenty years that he got married to Mary.

• everについて

I don't think Prince Charming was ever late for a date with Cinderella or came to a date with dirty hands. 此処で使われているeverについて教えてください。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

She was such a famous pianist that five months of her concerts paid for her house for 18 years. 簡単な単語ばかりなのですが、イマイチ内容が掴めません。どなたかよろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

“Mr. Pendleton reminded me a little of you, Daddy, as you were twenty years ago. You see I know you intimately, even if we haven't ever met!”

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い

一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い 2008年度 120~150字                                                                                  条件・ 日本において出生率の低下は大した問題ではない。について述べなさい。                                                                         I don't agree with this statement. I have two reasons why I think so. First, these days, more and more people are getting older. If the birth rate should be getting lower and lower, the number of young people who can work actively would decrease. I think that this will influence the economy of Japan badly. Secondly, needless to say,if the birth rate is getting lower and lower, the population of Japan would also decrease. This means that the amount of pension which people pay will decrease. so, I think that the finance of Japan would be in danger in the future. In order to solve these problems, goverment should take some mesures quickly.Thus, I don't agree that the low birth rate is not really a problem for Japan. (130字)

• everの意味

NHKラジオ英会話上級2月号36ページにあった英文です。The declining birth rate of Japan has for the first time ever brought the number of university-age students equal to the number of university positions.「日本では低下しつつある出生率のために、大学入学適齢の学生数と大学の入学定員が初めて同じになりました。」とありますが、この中でeverの意味するところは何でしょうか。いろんな辞書を見ても、ぴったりくるものがないし、むしろいらないのではないかとも思えるのです。何のためにeverがあるのでしょうか。

• purchase for について

原文:  He spun out the negotiations with the farmer who was purchasing the estate for as long as he could. 質問です: as long asの前のforはpurchaseと関連していてforとas long asの間に入る例えば金額のような語がこの場合不必要なのでオミットされているのでしょうか。 辞書に例文として、「purchase a new house for eighty thousand dollars」といった例文を見かけます。

• 大学受験、英作文の添削をお願いします…

TOPIC:THE LOW BIRTH RATE IS NOT REALLY A PROBLE FOR JAPAN. Im against the opinion.There are many problems difficult to solve. For example,if this low birth rate continues,Japan will have too small population.Besides,Japan is aging society.In that case,the government cannot get sufficient tax,so it has to raise tax in order to keep current level of social security.Young people will have to lead hard living and not afford to have a child.That will lead to even lower birth rate.74 Low birth rate also has a effects on educational enthusiasm.If you have only one child,you will arguablly hope that he will have high academic background to get good paid job.So many people will make their child study hard from 10 years old or so.Average academic level will rise,and companies will requre much higher abilities.There will come much diffcult time to get a good job for the non-educated. 長くなりました。こんなにwill連発でいいのでしょうか??改善のしかたを教えてください。英文(の書き方や話のつなげかた)をまずひと通り暗記したほうが早いでしょうか。

• 並べ替え・穴埋めの添削をお願いします!

1)My parents got married twenty years ago. =My parents (have) (been) married (for) twenty years. =( ) is twenty years ( )my parents got married. 2)I finished my homework, and then I watched a baseball game on TV. =I (had) already (finished) my homework when I watched a baseball game on TV. 3)Fred started using the computer two hours ago. He is still using it. =Fred (has) (been) (using) the computer for two hours. 4)Nobuyuki (not/over/the flu/get/has) yet. He still feels pretty weak. →has not got over the flu 5)Emi (in/have/be/Australia/for/will) a year next month. →will have been in Australia for 1~3は穴埋め、4,5は()内の並べ替え(※動詞を変形)です。 書けていないところもあります。 添削・解説よろしくお願いします!