• 締切済み

英語のジョーク 意味

英語のジョーク意味を教えてください。(恐縮ながら下ねたであることは承知で投稿させていただきます) Despite the strumpet's aggressive offers to fellate him, the Pontiff maintained his holiness and prayed nightly for her soul. ここで前半の意味はわかりますが、後半 the Pontiff maintained his holiness and prayed nightly for her soul. で  教皇は神聖さを保ちつつ、彼女の神性のために毎夜祈った  の神性を肉体と読み替えてもおもしろくなく、何を見逃しているのでしょう? 一般にストーリー性のあるジョークは判ることが多いのですが、言葉の遊びは中々わかりません。そういったことが学習できるサイトがあれば教えてください  

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

• upshot
  • ベストアンサー率0% (0/0)
回答No.5

だいぶん古い投稿なので、今ごろ回答をつけても……とは思うんですが。   Despite the strumpet's aggressive offers to fellate him,  「淫売があんたに●ラチオをしてあげると熱心に口説いてきたにもかかわらず、」 the Pontiff maintained his holiness and prayed nightly for her soul. 「教皇は自らの神聖なる態度をつらぬいて、彼女の魂が救われるように  毎晩=[騎士のように堂々とknightly]祈ってやった=[餌食にしたpreyed]。」 まあ推測ですが、●ラチオのようなアブノーマルな方法ではなく、堂々と(笑)性交してや るほうが、彼女の魂が救われる(性癖がノーマルになる)という職業的な配慮でしょうね。 笑うといっても、かなり苦笑いに近いものを感じさせるジョークです。 反権力系のジョークはだいたいそうでしょう。わりと、にがみがあって。

• zatousan
  • ベストアンサー率55% (156/282)
回答No.4

英語学習者です。 勘ですが、prayはpreyの同音異義語です。 そして、preyは http://eow.alc.co.jp/prey/UTF-8/ の意味なので、「喰った」という意味ですね。 日本語でも、英語でも食べるには他の意味がありますね。 「fellateを拒みながら、喰ろうてしまったんかい!」 しかも毎夜!!! かな? 勘です。

wendymoshe
質問者

お礼

皆様ご回答ありがとうございました。 結局意味がわかっても それをおもしろいと思うかどうかの問題だったようです。(もちろんJokeのことですから後で説明されても面白くないというのもありますが)

• xs200
  • ベストアンサー率47% (559/1173)
回答No.3

この文を見て目に浮かんだのを文章にするのははばかられるので、画像をさがしてみました。これもマザー・テレサなのでばちあたりですが。 マザー・テレサをstrumpetに置き換えてstrumpetがこのまま顔を前に倒していけば、、、 毎晩祈ってもいいかもしれません。 画像は法王とマザー・テレサでちっともいやらしくはないのでご安心を。 http://www.lucasblog.com/archives/pope-teresa23.jpg 言葉の遊びなんでしょうか?

• mota_miho
  • ベストアンサー率16% (396/2454)
回答No.2

nightly だから。

• Willyt
  • ベストアンサー率25% (2858/11131)
回答No.1

毎晩その娼婦のところに通いつづけて、その度に威厳を持って事を致したということでしょう。結局は誘惑に負けていたことを皮肉っているのでしょう。 日本の猥歌にも似たのがありますね。貴人の娘と致すときは衣冠束帯でなければならないというものです。

関連するQ&A

• 英語のジョークと訳を教えてください!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 回答宜しくお願いします!!

• ある文の for のはたらき、意味を教えてください

They embraced and Wladek parted for what he prayed was his last night in the prison hut. 上記の文章の意味はなんとなく漠然とは分かるのですが、いまいちすっきりしません。 というのは、for what he prayed のforの意味合いがつかめないからのようです。 for はここでは前置詞なのですか,どの句と係わりがありどのように訳したらよいでしょうかお尋ねします。

• 英語のジョークと訳教えてください!

An 'F' In Sex A seven-year-old child returned from her first day in a new class sobbing bitterly.Her mother asked her what the problem was.The little girl showed her mother a form, listing her name, address, class,sex,etc.'Mommy, look,' she cried, pointing to the form.'they gave me an 'F' in sex and I didn't even learn about it yet!' Simple Reason Concerned, a man took his Rottweiler to the veterinarian.'My dog's cross-eyed,'he said.'Is there something you can do for him?' 'Let's have a look at him,' said the vet, lifting the dog up to examine his eyes.'I'm going to have to put him down,'he finally said.'Just because he's cross-eyed?' exclaimed the alarmed pet owner. 'No,' said the vet.'Because he's heavy.' 宜しくお願いします!!

• But her godhead had intervened:「しかし、神性が干渉した」、、、意味が分かりません

こんにちは、いつもお世話になります。 質問:タイトルに有るように、But her godhead had intervenedが、「しかし、神性が干渉した」、、、???と分かりません。(もしかしたら、読解力の問題かも知れません)(大泣) この文はクレオパトラの心中描写シーンで、一応クレオパトラは神話の神々の子孫ということになっていますので、「神性」があるのは分かりますが、、「それが干渉するって事は?」と考えると分かりません。 質問は以上ですが、前後の文脈も転記しておきます。 ------------------------------------------------------------------ 背景:カエサルが存命時、クレオパトラにあてて書かれた政治的アドバイスのが色々と書かれた巻物を息子カエサリオンが発見する。 (それには神殿の修復よりも貧民救済を優先、等と書かれている。)すっかり、その巻物の存在自体忘れていたクレオパトラだが、息子に指摘され当時カエサルに色々とアドバイスを受けていた事を思い出す。また、どうして実行しなかったかも。 Meaning to get to all of them sometime. But her godhead had intervened, and his murder. After his death, she had deemed his reforms pointless. He had tried reform in Rome, and they killed him for his hubris. (出典: 著者:Colleen McCullough 書名:ANTONY AND CLEOPATRA) ------------------------------------------------------------------ よろしくお願い致します。

• アメリカンジョーク???

多分、アメリカンジョークの話だと思うんですが、 私には理解できませんでした。 教えてください! One morning Mrs.Perry said to her hudsband, "Jack, there's a meeting of our ladies' club at Mrs. Young's house at lunch time today, and I want to go to it. I'll leave some food for your lunch. Is that all right?" "Oh, yes," her hudsband answered, "that's quite all right. What are you going to leave for my lunch?" "This tin of fish," Mrs.Perry said. "And there are some hot, boiled potatoes and some beans here, too." "Good," Mr. Perry answered. "I'll have a good lunch." So Mrs.Perry went to her meeting. All the ladies had lunch at Mrs. Young's house, and at three o'clock Mrs. Perry came home. "Was your fish nice, Jack?" she asked. "Yes, but my feet are hurting." he answered. "Why are they hurting?" Mrs.Perry asked. "Well, the words on the tin were, 'Open tin and stand in hot water for five minutes'."

• ショートジョークなんだと思うのですが意味が分かりません。

A blonde woman goes into an electronic store. She goes to an elrctronic store to buy a TV. She looks around and she calls over the salesperson. She says to the salesperson, "Excuse me, I'd like to buy this TV." But the salesperson says, "I am sorry, but we do not sell to blondes, blonde women." and she is angry and she leaves the store. And the next time she comes back. She is wearing a black wig on her head. and she calls over the salesperson and she says to the sales person, "Excuse me, but I would like to buy this TV." and the salesperson says, "I'm sorry ma'am, but we do not sell to blondes." and she is angry again and she leaves the store for the third time. Finally, she comes back, this time she is wearing a red wig, dark sunglasses, a totally different dress and she says to the salesperson, "Excuse me, I want to buy this TV." and the salesperson says, "I am sorry,but we don't sell to blondes." and she says, "well, how do you know I am a blonde?" and he says, "well ma'am, you are not looking at a TV, you are looking at a microwave." 「ブロンドの方には売れません。」「どうして私がブロンドだと知っているの?」「あなたが見ているのはTVではありません。電子レンジです。」だと思うのですが、BlondeとMicrowaveのひっかかり7意味が分らないのです。これってジョークなんでしょうか?

• 意味を教えてください

My friend died 13 years ago, leaving his wife $1 million in life insurance. Since then, she has lived a high lifestyle. She bought two high-end cars, put in a spa that she keeps heated 24/7 “just in case” she feels like using it, remodeled her kitchen as a way to employ a boyfriend, and buys pot and booze for all her hanger-on friends. put in a spaとbuys pot and booze for all her hanger-on friendsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I just recently found out that his mother has maintained her entire retirement savings invested in a risky way. She’s two to five years from retirement and wouldn’t listen to reason when we spoke with her. maintained her entire retirement savings invested in a risky wayは「危険な方法で投資していた全ての退職貯蓄を保持していた」でしょうか?あと、listen to reasonの意味は何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

(母親が子に甘いという文脈)His mother is sweet to a fault: She won’t raise her voice, she won’t punish or curtail bad behavior, and everything he does is a positive. Lately, however, I think he’s becoming too much for her. I get texts all day about his bad behavior breaking her down. When I say I hope he’s being made to experiences consequences, I get a desperate “How?!”’ or explanations that it’s too hard for her to do alone. I feel like as a new boyfriend it isn’t my place to be the disciplinarian, so unfortunately I sit by and watch him run rampant over her on a daily basis. he’s being made to experiences consequencesとrun rampant over her の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• アメリカンジョークのオチを教えて!

最近、アメリカンジョークのサイトをみて回ってるのですが、 なかなかオチがわからくて困っております。 もしわかるかたは以下のジョークのオチを教えてくれませんか? The following is supposedly a true story. To be included, besides being true, the story is most likely strange, weird, surprising, or funny. On a recent flight, an elderly passenger kept peering out the window. Since it was totally dark, all she could see was the blinking wing-tip light. Finally, she rang for the flight attendant. "I'm sorry to bother you," she said, "but I think you should inform the pilot that his left-turn indicator is on and has been for some time." よろしくおねがいします。