• 締切済み

r.e.m.

r.e.m.のIt's The End Of The World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine...)という曲のタイトルの正しい日本語訳を教えてください

みんなの回答

• gldfish
  • ベストアンサー率41% (2895/6955)
回答No.3

すみません、自分も勉強になりました。 お決まりフレーズって本人の知識・経験次第なので・・。でも勝手に訳しただけでは英語圏の実状をゆがめてしまう事になりかねないですね。恐縮です。 "The end of the world as we know it"が定番フレーズなら、(and...)以降はそれとは別の文って事になるでしょうね。でもこの形だとasは関係代名詞的な使い方以外に接続詞(「~したとたん」ってやつです)とも取れますので、asの中に入るものかどうかは、前の文が定番フレーズである事を知らない限り解らないですよ・・・訳すのって難しいです。

n_1984
質問者

お礼

ふたたびありがとうございます 「~したとたん」ってやつです なるほど・・・  そう考えると今日が世界の終りと知ればご機嫌さ みたいなライブにぴったりのお祭り騒ぎ的な感じにもなるんでしょうか 自分なりにも勉強してみます

回答No.2

こんなこと言っては何なのですが、すみません、gldfishさんの回答はあまりに自己解釈が過ぎるかと・・・ The end of the world as we know itっていうのはそれ自体がお決まりフレーズで、「私たちが解釈する/理解する限りの世界の終焉」ってことです。よく英米のメディアには出てきます(最近は世界不況で特によく出てきてます。汗)世界の地理的な「端」ということではありません。 (比喩的に地理的な「世界の端っこ」を「この世の終わり」に解釈することは可能かもしれませんけど) as we know itが後続のand I feel fineにかかるということもありません。(andというしっかりした接続詞が入ってるのに、それをムシしてasをI feel fineに強引にくくりつけてはいけません!)それにナンセンスなサブタイトルなどではなく、REM特有のシニカル色が出まくったキーポイントです。絶望感の中にあってもシニカル、といった感じでしょうか。 要するにそのまま素直に訳せば意味は単純に: 「これがおそらくこの世の最後、でも気分はOK」ということです。 ・・・gldfishさんのことを批判する、みたいになったことをお詫びします。一応英語的には、という指摘なのでご了承ください。 こう書きつつも、歌詞や詩は結局個々人が好き好きに解釈すればよいと思うので、曲を聴いて歌詞にあるコトバをいくつか適当に拾って、その意味や音の感じで勝手にイメージをふくらます、っていうのでとどのつまり良い気もします。  長文多謝です…

n_1984
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! シンプルでわかりやすかったです これがおそらくこの世の最後、でも気分はOK というところに ライブでよく歌われることに妙に納得できました たしかにアーティストの方もリスナーの解釈に任せるといった発言をよく聞きます お礼の言葉遅れてすみません 勉強になりました

• gldfish
  • ベストアンサー率41% (2895/6955)
回答No.1

"It's The End Of The World As We Know It"のとこだけなら、 「世界の果てだと知った時が、世界の果て」 要するに「ここが世界の端だと思ったら、本当に世界はそこまでになってしまう」という、大航海時代になぞらえた人生の摂理みたいなものでしょうか? 「終わりだ(満足した)と思ったら、本当にそこで終わるよ」という・・・。 でも末尾の"(and I Feel Fine...)"というのがどう捉えるか難しいですね。 "(and I Feel Fine...)"がAsにかかっているとしたら、 「(人類が)世界の果てだと知った時(そして私が元気になった時…)が、世界の果て」 洋楽でよくやられる様なナンセンスなサブタイトルみたいなものだとしたら、 「世界の果てだと知った時が、世界の果て(そして、私は元気…)」 どちらと取るかは確信持てません。歌詞全体を見ればあるいは判断出来るのかもしれませんが・・・。

n_1984
質問者

お礼

とても早く回答くださってありがとうございます とても深い意味を感じました ここが世界の端だと思ったら、本当に世界はそこまでになってしまう ぼくにはこれがとても前向きに感じてうれしい気持ちになりました お礼の言葉が遅れてすみませんでした とても勉強になりました

関連するQ&A

• なんて訳せばいいんでしょう?

It's the end of the world as we know itの “As we know it"ってなんて訳せばいいんでしょうか? It's~は「世界の終わり」ですよね。 “As~”に意味は無いんでしょうか? そんな訳ないか・・・・

• 和訳お願い致します

I know we've spent some time together and I like hanging out with you, but since it's mostly been when we're drunk and after being out with other friends, I have thought of it as us being friends and having fun time together. I hope you are okay with that and you don't feel awkward.

• R&B 曲名とアーティスト名を教えて下さい!!

スローな感じでコーラスが美しくとても気に入ってる曲なのですが、残念ながら曲名もアーティスト名もわかりません。カテゴリはR&Bになると思います。 私の乏しい英語力で聞き取れた限りでは、、、 出だしが Tell me it's real, feel that we(?) feel, tell me that is real Don't let love con?? ???でこの出だしと Try is all we have to do you thought(?) me and you..... というフレーズが何度も出てくる曲です。 これでもしおわかりになる方がいらっしゃったら是非教えて下さい。 お願いします!!!

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Guitarist Dean DeLeo told The Pulse Of Radio that despite the drama, the remaining members did not want to diminish what the original group achieved. "We are very aware of what the four of us created together," he said. "When the four of us were together and we made records and we made music, the end result was pretty good. I was usually pretty satisfied with it. But getting there was miserable. But you know, I'm very proud and very honored to have made these musical contributions with the four of us, and I think it's important that we recognize that, you know."

• ワンセンテンスです。どなたか解説おねがいします。

It's certain that the winter as we know it most likely will disappear in the Northeast. 意味は分かります。 ネットで以下の文もヒットしました。 coffee as we know it most likely was discovered in Ethiopia A as we know it most likely 「私たちが一番なじみ深いAは」とイディオムのようにとらえていいですか? よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

The same procedure is repeated until the division of b_i becomes as fine as the limit of an accuracy of the computer (about 10^-12) and a number of fine spikes are found. After all, we cannot succeed in the decomposition of the discontinuities completely and, hence, we cannot answer whether or not there exists an infinite hierarchy in the fine structure of b_f.

• 長文英語

Philosophers' search for the truth resembles a detective story. Some think Andersen was murderer,(   ) think it was Nielsen or Jensen. The police are sometimes able to solve a real crime. But it is equally possible that they never get to the bottom of it, although there is a solution somewhere. So even if it is difficult to answer a question, there may be one ― and only one ― right answer. Either there is a kind of existence after death ― ( イ ) there is not. Philosophy has ウ( in / its origin / of / man's sense / wonder ). Man thinks it is so astonishing to be alive that philosophical questions arise of their own accord. It is like watching a magic trick. We cannot understand how it is done. So we ask : how can the magician change a couple of white silk scarves into a live rabbit? A lot of people experience the world with the same incredulity as when a magician suddenly pulls a rabbit out of a hat which has just been shown to them empty. In the case of the rabbit, we know the magician has tricked us. What we would like to know is just how he did it. But when it comes to the world it's somewhat different. We know that the world is not all sleight of hand and deception because here we are in it : we are part of it. Actyally, we are the white rabbit is that the rabbit does not realize it is taking part in amagic trick. We do. We feel we are part of something mysterious and we would like to know how it all works. 1.和訳をお願いします! 2.(  )と( イ )に適当な1語とウの(  )内の並び替えもお願いします! ◆補足◆ of own's one accord 自然に,一人で incredulity 疑う気持ち,信じられないという気持ち sleight of hand 手先の早業,手品

• as we knowと as we know it

as we know とas we know itはどう違うのでしょうか???? as we know のasは関係代名詞でas we know itのasは接続詞なのでしょうか????

• 英語のインタビューの内容を教えてください

妊婦さんが旦那さんと一緒に初めてお腹の中の赤ちゃんの様子を見たときの印象です。But以下の訳を御指導いただけないでしょうか。特に「we were a part of it」のニュアンスがわかりません。「  」内はその前の文なので参考にしてください。 「I mean, you're looking at something that's black, white and various shades of grey, and it's not the easiest thing to make out. And I'm not even sure that, you know, we were looking, I was probably looking at an eye when I was supposed to be looking at a nose, things like that.」 But just the feeling that we weren't just happening to be there. You know, that we were actually, she made us feel like we were a part of it and that we had some sort of say, and that we had brains. I mean, it was nice to feel like you were a part of the process.

• この英文の和訳をお願いします。

We evaluated <P(e, 0)> for 12 cases of e between 0 and 6: e=0.0, 0.01, 0.1, 0.5, 0.75, 0.9, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5, 2.0, 4.0, and 6.0. As for r_p, we considered three cases: r_p=0.005, 0.001, and 0.0002. These are representative values of radii of protoplanets at the Earth, Jupiter, and Neptune orbits regions, respectively. The numbers of collision orbits found by our orbital calculation are shown in Table 3 for representative values of e. From Table 3 we can expect the statistical errors in the evaluated collisional rate to be within 5% for the cases of e≦1.5 and within 8% for e=4 and 6; they are smaller than that of the previous studies by Nishida (1983) and by Wetherill and Cox (1985).    The calculated collisional rate is summarized in terms of the enhancement factor defined by Eq. (27) and shown in Fig.11, as a function of e and r_p. From Fig.11 one can see that the collisional rate is always enhanced by the effect of solar gravity, compared with that of the two-body approximation <P(e,0)>_2B. In particular, in regions where e≦1, R(e,0) is almost independent of e, having a value as large as 3. At e≦1, R(e,0) has a notable peak beyond which the enhancement factor decreases gradually with increasing e. For large values of e, i.e., e≧4, <P(e,0)> tends rapidly to <P(e,0)>_2B. As seen in the next section, we will find a similar dependence on e even in the three-dimensional case (i≠0) as long as we are concerned with cases where i≦2. お手数ですが、よろしくお願いします。