• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

「迎えに行く」という意味の「pick+人+up」と「pick up+人」の違いについて教えてください。

「~を迎えに行く」という表現を調べていました。 (1)子供を学校に迎えに行く。  go to pick one's child up from school. (2)君がニックを迎えに行くことになっていた。  You were supposed to pick up Nick. (3)彼女は学校へ娘を迎えに行った。  She went to school to take her daughter home [(車で)pick up her daughter]. (4)幼稚園に子供を迎えに行く時間だ。  It's time to pick up my kids from kindergarten いくつか例文を見ると「pick one's up」と「pick up her daughter」というように、間に迎えに行く相手が入る場合と後ろに入る場合がありました。 これらがどのように違うのかよく理解できません。 この使い方の違いについて教えてください。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数2
  • 閲覧数7803
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.2
  • mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)

極端な例で、 I am going to the airport to pick [two arriving passengers from my business partner company] up. じゃ[two arriving passengers from my business partner company]が余りにも長すぎるので、[pick]と[up]が親子生き別れになってしまいます、そうなると空港で見失うコトになります(爆) そこで、ここは、 I am going to the airport to pick up two arriving passengers from my business partner company. とします、 [内]が一単語なら殆ど間違いなく(例外もあるかも知れない)、「pick up」で、二単語以上なら「pick up xxxx」で良いでしょう。 例外として、、、、残念、今は思いつきません。(笑)

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

お礼が遅くなり申し訳ありません。 そうですね、例に出していただいた文では確かに間の文があまりに長いですね。 そういう使い方、と考えておけばいいんですね。 回答いただきありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• had her pick of colleges

My daughter “Sarah” is 21. She did extremely well in high school and had her pick of colleges. She chose to attend a great college about two hours from home. had her pick of collegesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• pick up some groceries

My good friend injured her back, so I offered to help out with chores and errands while she recovers. One of the errands was to pick up some groceries, which included items for a barbecue party. pick up some groceriesはどのような意味でしょうか? あと、ここhttps://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=cookoutにある・We went to the park and have a cook-out. : 公園に行ってバーベキューをしました。 はなぜhaveと現在形になっているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• it was on to pick up my refillの訳について

以下の文章の「it was on to pick up my refill」について質問があります。 1.文の区切りは、it was on / to pick up my refillで on と toの間で切れますでしょうか? 2.be on to 動詞でどのような意味になるのでしょうか? 3.どのような訳になりますでしょうか? To begin with, I needed to get some medications for my allergies. I’ve got hay fever, so I’m sneezing up a storm every morning when I wake up. While I was at it, I also got some antacids and some Band-Aids. Now it was on to pick up my refill. ご教授の程、宜しくお願い致します。

その他の回答 (1)

• 回答No.1
  • trytobe
  • ベストアンサー率36% (3457/9591)

正直、気分や語感(語呂)の良い方を使っているだけと思っています。 pick up する対象が長いと、間に挟むと間が抜けた文章や言い回しになるので、pick up ~ にしちゃいます。 逆に短い単語(it や you など)ですむなら、pick it up, pick you up と間に挟んでしまいます。特にこれらの単語の場合は、この並びのほうが言いやすいですし。 文法的理屈というよりも、単なる聞こえだけが理由です。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

お礼が遅くなり申し訳ありません。 あんまり深く考えなくていいということでしょうかね・・・ 回答いただきありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• pull-upの意味

I teach Pre-K and kindergarten at a very well-known school district in the area. On Tuesday, we had our annual end-of-year meeting where I found out I will be teaching potty training next year. The school district wants us to help change pull-ups and underpants. pull-upはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この"could"の使い方合ってますか?

John: Did you pick up Mary from school? Fusae: Of course I did. Fortunately, I COULD drop her off on time. この"could"の使い方、合ってますか?was able to や managed to の方がベターなのでしょうが、"could"で間違いといえるでしょうか?

• pick up on social cues

I've been friends with a girl for 3 years—let's just call her Elliot. I had a huge crush on a guy—we'll call him Joe—and I felt like I had to confide in someone about it or I would explode, so I told Elliot. Little did I know that she also liked Joe. She decided to be a big jerk and tell Joe about my feelings for him–and not only that, but she also told our entire friend group. We eat lunch with these people and it's embarrassing to be around them now. I'm stuck because I have three classes with Elliot and various classes with other people in that group of friends. It takes a long time for me to warm up to people in terms of trust, and I'm also a very sensitive person. I feel like Elliot has betrayed me, but when I confronted her about it, she acted like she had done nothing wrong. She doesn't seem to pick up on social cues in a sense that she tries to ask people out on dates repeatedly when they don't have feelings for her in return. pick up on social cuesの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• Pick yours up todayの訳し方など

①ABC gaming headset, with soft leather ear cushions, guarantees your comfort wearing experience to the most extent during the long gaming sessions. Pick yours up today! 以上の内容について、最後の「Pick yours up today!」はどう訳したらいいでしょうか? 「今日こそ、あなたにも1つお買い求めください」で合ってますか? ②We are proud to share with you that @CNET chose our Noise-cancelling ABC earbuds as one of the best headphones for a holiday gift. They deserve to be on your bucket list, isn't it? 以上の内容ですが、以下の訳で合ってますか? @CNET様がホリデーギフトに最高のヘッドフォンの1つとしてノイズキャンセレーション機能を備えたABCイヤフォンをお選びいただいたことを誇りに思います。 この商品はあなたのバケツリストに入る価値があると思いませんか? 英語のカテゴリで日本語の質問をしてしまって、申し訳ございません。 日本語学習者です。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 意味を教えてください

My daughter was born on Christmas Eve. From the time she was 5 and able to recognize that her birthday cards were getting scrambled in with the other holiday cards, we started celebrating on June 24 -- her half-birthday. getting scrambled inの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳教えてください(T.T)

Yesterday was Nick' last day at school, he is not sure what to do next, stay at school, go to college or get a job? 昨日 学校最後の日でニックは次は何をするかわからないけど学校で泊まったした。 大学か仕事をみつけるのか? In UK it is tradition that on last day everyone writes on your schoolwear so he came home with his shirt covered in messages from his friends, maybe strange for you to understand. What is custom for children when they leave school in Japan? UKでは伝統です 最後の日誰もが制服にメッセージを書く 彼のシャツと帽子をかぶり、彼は彼の友達と一緒に帰宅した。(卒業式??) たぶんあなたには変な理解に(あなたにとってこの伝統は変なのと思うけど?) 日本では学校を去るとき子供達にはどんな習慣がありますか? これは卒業式のことですか?? お願いします

• よろしくお願いします

pick up on your emotional cuesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします https://slate.com/human-interest/2015/11/dear-prudence-should-i-force-my-granddaughter-to-see-the-nutcracker.html

• 赤毛のアンの最初の一文からの質問です(up の意味)

http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?show=Trade%20Paper:Used:0140172319:8.50 Mrs. Rachel was sitting at her window, keeping a sharp eye on everything that passed, from brooks and children up "from brooks and children up"の"up"の品詞は副詞ですか?それと、その意味は何でしょうか?

• 英語で、~の途中で

英語でカッコ埋め問題で、~の途中で という問いで、on one's way と習っていたので、主語に合わせて、one'sを my にしたり、hisにしたりしていましたが、問題集をやっていて、on the way というように、、theが答えの場合がありました。例えば、 彼女はよく学校から帰る途中にチョコレートを買う。 She often buys some chocolates ( ) ( ) ( ) home from school. 答えはon the way それと同じ問題集の中で、他の問題で、 私は学校へ行く途中でグリーン先生に会った。  I saw Mr. Green ( ) ( ) ( ) to scool. この答えは on my way となっていました。  何か違いでもあるのでしょうか? 入試などでは、どうしたらいいのかなと考えてしまいます。 どなたか、よろしくお願いします。

• cherry on top

My daughter has been friends with “Eve” since kindergarten, they are now in third grade. She adores her friend and wants to see her all the time. They play great together and have play dates once or twice a week—always at my house. Eve’s mom never invites my child over, and my daughter has been in their house all of five times. It didn’t bother me at first but now it feels like a thorn in my side. Eve recently got a pet that my daughter wants to see. My daughter asked to see said pet and was “allowed” to go over one day after school for an hour. Eve’s mom has Eve’s cousins over all the time (same age) for play dates and never invites my daughter to join in. This is starting to piss me off. The cherry on top is that Eve’s mom regularly uses me as free “child care” if there are any issues in her personal life. The cherry on topは辞書には「色をそえるもの」とあったのですが、ここでは当てはまらないと思います。どのような訳になるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

専門家に質問してみよう