• ベストアンサー

長文ですが、難しくはないです。添削お願いいたします。

英語のプリントを読んだ感想を英語で書かなくては、上手くできません。 一応以下のように考えてみたのですが、添削お願いいたします。 (文字数の関係で、特に不安なところ以外は日本語を省きましたが、必要なら補足させていただきます。) Reading those prints, I could understand traditional American's values very well, and I thought about it again(←改めて考えてみると), I thought that I didn’t understand traditional Japanese value in detail. So, it is not possible for me to compare American values with Japanese values very much. Therefore, I thought that I had to study traditional Japanese values more. I think Japanese tend to imitate American. It may not be only that reason, but particularly in late years I think Japanese comes to put weight in American values such as individualism. (←それだけの理由だけではないかもしれないが、特に近年、日本人は個人主義などのアメリカの価値観に重きを置くようになっていると思う。) Only a good point of the values is apt to be emphasized, but there is a bad point too, so we should take it into consideration. After that, I thought we had to take in the values. American’s traditional values seem to be individualisms, equality of an opportunity and so on, but I wonder whether there would be no differences between races.(←人種による違いはないのかなと思った。) If there are them, (←もしあるとしたら)I wonder what kind of differences are there. まとまりごとの繋がりがないことは、気にしなくて大丈夫です。 また、ある程度言いたいことが同じであれば、英文が大幅に変わっても構いません。 長文で大変お手数ですが、宜しくお願いたします。

noname#24989
noname#24989
  • 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.3

こんにちは。 簡単に行ってみますね。 基本は感想と言うことで、まるっきり書き直してはいけなさそうですので、なるべく質問者さまの文章に忠実にします。 まず重要なことですが、ここで全部に共通している values の定義が判りにくいのですが、日本語で言うとどういう言葉に当たるのでしょうか? Reading those prints ここは、printsがちょっと違和感なので、プリントに書いてあるものが物語り(ニュース)などの場合、storyとかstories、newsなどにした方が良い気がします。From those storiesと簡単にしてしまってもよいと思います。 and I thought about it again(←改めて考えてみると), I thought that I didn’t understand traditional Japanese value in detail. ここでは、 I thoughtではなく、I realisedを使った方がしっくり来ます。 realiseを使う事で、「改めて考えると」をなくしても同じような意味になります。 So, it is not possible for me to compare American values with Japanese values very much. ここでvery muchを使う必要がないと思います。 「あまり比較できない」と程度を表す場合だったら、 I cannot really compare American values with Japanese values. などにしてみたらいかがでしょうか? Therefore, I thought that I had to study traditional Japanese values more. ここでは、at first,などを使った方が「まず第一に/とりあえず」というニュアンスが出ていいかなぁと思いました。 I thought は入れない方が良い気がします。 I think Japanese tend to imitate American. I think などをあまり使うより、believe などとした方が大人っぽい言い方(?)になりますよ。 It may not be only that reason, but particularly in late years I think Japanese comes to put weight in American values such as individualism. (←それだけの理由だけではないかもしれないが、特に近年、日本人は個人主義などのアメリカの価値観に重きを置くようになっていると思う。) 「それだけの理由だけではないかもしれないが」なら、 It may not be the only reason になります。 その後のI think を It seems that とかにしてみましょう。 あと、 put weight の変わりに、give great attention to や、focusなどの方がいいかと思います。 Only a good point of the values is apt to be emphasized, but there is a bad point too, so we should take it into consideration. a でなくgood pointsの方がいいです。the values も those values にした方がいいかと。 too でなく、there is/are also・・・などにした方が論文っぽい表現になります。 最後の文のつなぎは、so でなくand かなぁ・・・と思うのですが。 After that, I thought we had to take in the values. ここの意味が取れません。すみません! American’s traditional values seem to be individualisms, equality of an opportunity and so on, but I wonder whether there would be no differences between races.(←人種による違いはないのかなと思った。) I believe that American’s traditional values are to be ..... にしてみては? 「人種による違いはないのかなと思った。」は、 I wonder if that definition is common through all of the races the United States consists of. と言ったほうが意味が判りやすいかな、と思いました。 If there are them, (←もしあるとしたら)I wonder what kind of differences are there. If there are them,はちょっと聞いた感じがおかしいので、 前からのつながりで、 If different race has the different definition of values, とかも言えます。 I would like to know how each race defines its values. 「どのような違いか?」とはちょっと変わってしまいますが、「それぞれの人種がどのようにvaluesを定義するのか、知りたい」 という書き方にしてみました。 全体的に文章のつなげかたがくどいように思います。 もう少し区切りのよい書き方にするといいのではないでしょうか。

noname#24989
質問者

お礼

本当に丁寧なご回答ありがとうございます。 “I think”の使いすぎ、“文章全体の繋げ方がくどい”など日本語でもそうなんですよね; 意識して直そうと思います。 ご回答者さまのご指摘は、どの解説もとてもわかりやすく納得できるものばかりで、大変参考になりました。 本当に、ご回答どうもありがとうございました。

noname#24989
質問者

補足

とても丁寧なご回答ありがとう、ありがとうございます。 valuesは価値観という意味のつもりで使いました。 『After that, I thought we had to take in the values.』は『そのようにした(考慮に入れた)あと、私たちはその価値観を受け入れるべきだと思った。』と言う意味のつもりで書きました。 きちんと書かなくて、申し訳ありませんでした。

その他の回答 (4)

• akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.5

akijakeです。 補足ありがとう御座いました。 「価値観」と言う意味だとは思っていたのですが、文章の中の、例えば「アメリカの従来の価値観が個人主義・・・」などの使い方がどうしてもしっくりこない気がします。 valuesだと、なんと言うか「ものや事柄についての価値の判断基準に関する考え方や主義」という意味に近いと思うので、ここで質問者さまが述べている意味とは何か違うように感じてしまいます。 要点は、「アメリカの価値観について理解できた」でいいと思いますが、その後の細かい説明(個人主義についてなど)はAmerican valuesではなく、別の言い方で説明した方が良い気がします。 「アメリカ人は個人主義に価値を置いている」と言っているんですよね? なので、「個人主義=価値観」とせず、「個人主義的な考え方に価値を見出している」とか、そういった言い回しをした方が正確に意味が伝わるかな、と思いました。 細かすぎかもしれませんが・・・。 例えば、 「特に近年、日本人は個人主義などのアメリカの価値観に重きを置くようになっていると思う」 というところですが、 particularly in late years, Japanese find the great value in Individualism like Americans do. と言った方が意味が判りやすいかもしれません。 American’s traditional values seem to be individualisms, equality of an opportunity and so on あとここもですが、 Americans believe that the individualism and equality of an oppotunity are very valuable.または、 Americans see the individualism and equality of an oppotunity with great value. とした方がいいように感じます。 「そのようにした(考慮に入れた)あと、私たちはその価値観を受け入れるべきだと思った。」 We should accept such concept of value only after understanding every aspect of it. などではどうでしょうか? 日本語の問題かなぁと思いますが、すべてを考慮するだけでなく、「全ての側面(good points and bad points)を理解してからのみ・・・」という言い方の方がしっくり来る気がします。 「価値観」=考え方なので、 I think Japanese tend to imitate American の「imitate」だと、なにか行動や言動を実際にまねするイメージが強いので、 Japanese tend to follow Americans in every way.(in all aspects) を使って、「全ての面でアメリカの後を追っている」というニュアンスでいいように思います。 なんだか感想文なのに細かすぎになってしまいました^^; 全体的に意味は通じますので、単位などに関係しなければあまり神経質にならなくてもいいかもしれませんね。

noname#24989
質問者

お礼

二度目のご回答ありがとうございます。 価値観については、日本語でも正しく理解していなかったのですが、確かに、「個人主義=価値観」より「個人主義的な考え方に価値を見出している」とした方が、正しい言い方な感じがしますね。 そして、そこを直すとすると“find the great value in Individualism like Americans do.”などのようになりますね。 とても参考になりました。 日本語すらつたない私の文章を汲み取って、丁寧に訂正してくださり、大変助かりました。 100ポイントぐらい差し上げたいぐらいです。 2度のとても丁寧なご回答、本当にどうもありがとうございました。

回答No.4

はじめまして。 とりあえず質問者の文に出来るだけ忠実に簡単に書いてみます。 最初のReading those prints akijakeさんが仰るようにprintを使うよりもstoryやnewsなどを使った方がいいと思います。 私はFrom the storiesにしました。 I could understand traditional American's values very well, and I thought about it again(←改めて考えてみると), I thought that I didn’t understand traditional Japanese value in detail. andよりもbutを使った方がいいと思います。 I could understand the traditional American values but I noticed I didn't understand the traditional Japanese values. So, it is not possible for me to compare American values with Japanese values very much. もっと簡単にSo, I can't compare American values and Japanese values.でいいと思います。 Therefore, I thought that I had to study traditional Japanese values more. これももっと簡単にTherefore, I need to study traditional Japanese value moreに出来ます。 akijakeさんが言うようなat firstなども入れればより意味が通じると思います。 I think Japanese tend to imitate American. 私はI thinkは省いてJapanese tend to imitate Americanで十分だと思いました。 It may not be only that reason, but particularly in late years I think Japanese comes to put weight in American values such as individualism. (←それだけの理由だけではないかもしれないが、特に近年、日本人は個人主義などのアメリカの価値観に重きを置くようになっていると思う。) 英文が日本語の直訳になっているような気がします。 It might not be only the reason, but Japanese seem to focus on American values such as the individualism lately. 近年などの時間に関する単語は後ろに置いたほうがいいと思います。 Only a good point of the values is apt to be emphasized, but there is a bad point too, so we should take it into consideration. aptという単語はあまり聞かないのでもっと簡単な言葉を使った方がいいと思います。 there is~tooよりもthere is also~の方が一般的かと。 The tendency to be emphasized is the good point of those values but there is also a bad point(又はit is also a bad point). そしてここで一回区切った方がつながりがいいかなと思います。 We need to discuss about it. After that, I thought we had to take in the values. これは、After that, I thought we had to take it in the valuesだと思いますが、それでもいまいち意味が分かりません。 After the discussion, we need to consider the points of the values again.が自然だと思うのですが。 American’s traditional values seem to be individualisms, equality of an opportunity and so on but これは自分がそう思っているとするとI believeやfigureなどを付けるとより分かりやすくなると思います。 I believe American's traditional values are to be the individualism, equal opportunity and so on but (←人種による違いはないのかなと思った。)はI wonder the race can be the cause of the difference of values.が簡単でいいんじゃないでしょうか。 (←もしあるとしたら)はIf it can be the truthで直前の分と繋がります。 I wonder what kind of differences are there. これが最後の文だとすると文章がインパクトにかけるので、what differences of values would be happened by different race.のように質問で終わるか、元の文に忠実にするならばakijakeさんの指摘通りにI would like to knowをつければいいと思います。 全体的にI thoughtを多用しすぎだと思います。 そして文をもっと簡単にしたほうが意味が通じるかと思います。 時制もごちゃごちゃになっているので、気をつけたほうがいいと思います。 長文で失礼しました。

noname#24989
質問者

お礼

大変丁寧なご回答ありがとうございます。 “I thought”の使いすぎ、“時制が混ざっている”など、日本語でもそうなんですよね; あまり断定したくなかったり、その時思ったのか、今もそう思っているのか区別したくて、時制を混ぜてしまうのですが、わかりづらいですよね。 気をつけようと思います。 “American’s traditional values seem to~”の所だけは(きちんと書かなくて申し訳ないのですが)私の意見ではなく、プリントに書いてあることなので、“I believe”などは使いませんでしたが、それ以外はどれも、なるほどと思うことばかりで大変参考になりました。 本当に、丁寧なご回答どうもありがとうございました。

noname#21327
noname#21327
回答No.2

下手ですが、こんな感じではどうです? I realize that I have a little knowledgement about our traditional value of Japan, learning American traditional value by those documents. I have to study ourselvs to compare with American's. I'm dissapointed that now Japanese likes to take ervry American method such as indivisualism and impartiality without consideration. I would like to know whether some differences between every races about the American value or nothing.

noname#24989
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 とても簡潔でわかりやすい文章ですね。 “I realize that~”や“I would like to know whether~”など、言われればなるほど、と思うのですが、思いつかなかったので、大変参考になりました。 本当に、お早いご回答ありがとうございました。

回答No.1

同じ単語を使いすぎです。その上不釣合いな難しい単語を入れているので、全体として非常に幼稚です。 英語力が伴わなくて、難しいことを表現しようとするとこうなります。 文化人類学ではなく、英語の授業ですね。 もっと簡単で具体的な内容にしましょう。

noname#24989
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 ご指摘もっともだと思います。 ただ、具体的に直していただけると助かったのですが。 でも、率直なご意見ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

美味しいものを食べると気持ちが明るくなるのはどうしてだろう?この前友達と居酒屋に行った時、なんと900円の玉子焼きがお品書きにあった。900円?高すぎると思いつつも興味本意だろうかあるいは休日だったためにお金の手放しが良かったのであろうか、つい頼んでしまった。それは高くても文句は言えない程の美味しさだったと思う。 When you eat delicious foods, why are you happy? Several days ago,I went to Japanese style bar with a friend of mine. There were Japanese omlette in a menu, which was priced at 900 yen . …… 900 yen ? I thought that was so expensive, but I was interested in that,and I could afford to order it, so I ordered it. That was delicious,and I thought, it was worth paying at high prices. ついの表現がよく分からず、また日本語相当の訳ができていないところもありますが、ご指導の程宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします.No2

ハワイなんてどこででも日本語が通じると思っていたけど、思ったより日本語が通用しなかった。 前回行ったのは、7年前。その時は英語が全然話せなかった.でも,今回は前回に比べて英語が分かったので 「英語が分かるってやっぱ便利だ」と実感した。 I thought I can get though Japanese language everywehere in Hawaii. However people don\'t understand that than I think. I went to Hawaii 7 years ago, At that time I couldn\'t speak English at all. This time I was able to understand English more than before. I realize that it\'s very convinent to be able to speak English. I had thought Japanese would be always available everywehere in Hawaii. But I unexpectedlly had difficulties. The last time I went was 7 years ago. At that time I couldn\'t make myself understood in English at all, but this time could get to communicate in English, so I realized it\'s very useful to be able to speak English. わたし達がロスから帰った次の日から、ロスは雨が続いているらしい。滞在中に雨が降らなくて良かった。 I hear that it is been raining in LA since the next day we returned from there. I am happy that it didn\'t rain during our stay

• 添削をお願いします

簡単なparagraphを書いてみたので文法などの添削をお願いします。また、内容的にも変なところがありましたら指摘をおねがいします。 Through this class, I have learned a lot of things to write a good paragraph or essay. One of the most interested thing is differences of sentences that translated by using translator and sentences that native spearkers use. In the beginning of class, I often used tranlator, because I was trying to use sentences structure from my first language- Japanese. But those sentences that I translated from my 1st language by using translator almost doen’t make sense for native spearker or include wrong words that native speakers don’t use. So, in the beginnung of the class, I was often commented by professor “I can’t undestand what this sentence says.” or “ This word is not used in this situation.” Since then, I tried to write a paragraph or essay without using translator, but it was very difficult at first. Also it took so much time to write a paragraph or essay, it were woes for me. In short, there are differences between english and translation of translator. There are differences between english and not only japanese but also another language. The most important thing is to understand the differences in addition to learning english.

• 添削お願いします

I thought I’m the best familiar with Osaka in this class so I decided to write it. In my second blog, I wrote about Universal Studio Japan. I’ve never been to Universal Studio in the United States, but I think the Japanese one is very unique compared to the United States. Because it often collaborated with some popular animes like "One Piece," "The Attack on Titan" and "Dragon Ball." I thought these topics make people will be interested in. こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 文法間違いや意味がわからない文章などあれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削をお願いします

"I'm not fluent in English but I study it so that I could type in it well. My ability to learn English is poor so sometimes I get kinda confused."

• 英語添削お願いします 

テーマは、外国に行ったとき日本について教えてあげたいこと。 文化、流行などなんでも構わないということです。 I want to tell foreign people about Japanese tradition. It is because I think it would be more meaningful to tell it rather than temporary fashions. There are two things which especially I want to tell about. First is Origami. It is unique to japan. Although it is difficult, it would enable us to communicate with each other. I think foreign people would enjoy it very much. Second is Japanese foods. Recently they have been spreading widely, but there must be much more Japanese foods which aren't known to foreign people. I want to tell wonderfulness of them. If I ware able to tell about such things, foreign people would come to be interested in Japan. 仮定法に自信がありません。 文章構成などについても指摘していただけると嬉しいです。

• 添削お願いします。合ってるか教えてください!

I will be transfer to another company from next month.Then, I had a frist meeting (interview) yesterday. I was so nervous while the meeting because the interviewere were 4 people, Department manager, Manager and Cheaf ... ( I can't understand how to say Bucho-, Kacho-, Syunin in English.. ??? There are almost same saying expression, and I'm a little confused about it..) They asked me what I have been experienced at work so I've explained what I have done there. My experience job on trading is not so difficult. It is only documentation for clearance. That's it. However, there are a lot of to do work not only documentation but also exportation all cordinate. It must be harder than in the past. Of course it needs English skill. I need to brush up my speaking and writting. Hope it will be better in my day-to-day work. TOEICのReadingスコアがとても低いので間違いだらけだと思います。よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 長文ですが訳してください・

こんにちは!またまた宜しくおねがいします。長文ですみません。 Thankyou for worrying about me, but i promise there is no need. Im am happy and well. I'm not ill at all. :) Is there a swine flu outbreak in Japan? a few people i know seem to have it so i've not seen them really. But i know there are a lot of cases here in england. I really enojyed my holiday. It was very interesting and we went to some very beautiful places. I love forests and mountain views. I spent a lot of time on beaches as well. It was quite cold some days, but on one day it was so warm we could swim in the sea. It was good fun. Have you ever heard of a food called Haggis? It is a traditional scottish food. Its basically minced lamb and oats and herbs and spices, rolled up into a ball with a kind of protective layer, like a skin on it. You roast it and remove the skin and serve it with vegetables like potatoes. It is delicious. I find that a lot of traditional British foods are quite heavy meals. meat and starchy vegetables such as potatoes and things. They are designed to fill you up easily. They ar nice kinds of food, because they make you feel warm and cosy. Meals like this always seem to bring about a moment of better family bonding. Traditional meals can often be quite complicated as there are so many types of food being cooked at once, so they are hard work. And they dont get eaten that regularly so people come together and enjoy them more. I eat a lot of food from all over the world though. I think its interesting to try new things and different countries have different tastes. Do you get the chance to eat foreign foods?

• 長文ですが翻訳お願いします。

長文ですが、以下の文の日本語への翻訳をお願いします。 ●●や△△は人名なので伏せさせていただきました。 それと、文中にでてくる{  }の意味はなんなのでしょうか? {  }の中に入れる文章は何か規則や意味があるのでしょうか? 英語の分かる方、お願いします。 now ,i retnow ,i return to school but i still can write you-●●-san {your letter is nice } thank you for the letter {but there was some mistakes }but no problem glad to know that you have liked my country {arigato gozamasou } me too i like to see you soo much ,{and no problem i like long letters }my writing exam always be the longest in the class ^ _^ .iam so afraid of Saturday next because i have the final delf exam {delf =french} and on Thursday after two days we have festival so iam so exciting and on Tuesday next we have a trip ^.^ >.< wow .and you ●●-san how is your studying with you ? i like anime like :d-gray man,death note,full metal alchemist is my best anime,black butler,hakuouki,bleach,angel beats,another,k-on but not so much ,and more ........ i hope you come visit me in Tunisia ^_^ you are very welcome and i also hope visiting you in japan ,maybe from japan to Tunisia is so far but from japan to abu dhabi next to Dubai is closer . i always say to my family that i want to visit japan ,my father always support me to complete studying it {cause we don't study Japanese language in here ,i study it in the net :'( } here if you buy any manga stories they have some difficult words ! do you have a dictionary from Japanese to English ? i have it on my mobile so if i don't understand any thing i just write it^_^ .where are you gonna go in the summer holiday ? iam gonna go to France for my cousin marriage.but i don't want to go to France ,i want to go to japan !>.< here we have shop name lifestyle so there is a section for Japanese dolls ..when i was searching for a doll i found a doll called ●● ^_^ and i know what it your name means it means sincerity wow what a lovely name !D .........me too i was thinking about the video call but i don't know when do you usually open :( ,i have never tried to open the video call with any of my Japanese friends but i will !D many people said to me why why do you like japan you aren't from japan but i cant stop loving japan i love every ting in japan <3 ,they say to me you are silly but iam not right ? when someone is interested in something you cant figure the reasons . when i was small my father had a Japanese friends but they have return to japan :( so they have gustatory us {Japanese tea } and sushi and some candies and chips ^ ^ i talked to some Japanese people in real they all said that my Japanese is nice and keep it up *.* ●●-san your are the first Japanese that i have add on my Facebook so iam so glad to know you ^0^ i wanna ask is japan expensive like i hear they say Tokyo is soooo expensive T.T so can you say to me {if you can ●●-san} and so proud that i love japan ! omg omg sorry i forget myself i wrote so much T.T gommen ne ●●-san sayonara mata ,see you later with all my wishes {△△}

• 英文日記を添削していただけますか(^^)   

英文日記を書きました。初心者なので、特に文法的な間違いや、表現のおかしい部分などがあれば、直していただけると助かります(^^)   Friday, March 10, 2006 It was sunny today. I had a bad headache in this morning, so I did nothing at all what I was going to do today. There wasn't a medicine for a headache so I went out buying it and drank it in the evening. A little time later, the medicine cured my headache and I became to feel rather good. I thought that I should have drunk it earlier!!