• ベストアンサー

分詞の問題です。

選択問題と英作文整序問題です。 1.During the terrible storm at sea,the crew had to abandom ( ). (a)the sinking ship  (b)the ship sunk (c)the ship to sink  (d)the sunk ship 2.This computer magazine (the development/keeps/of/of the Internet/well-informed/me). 1.の答えはa.だと思いますが、b.は文脈によっては使えますか。また、the ship sink,the ship sinkingでも間違いではないですか。 2.選択肢のofをどこにいれたらいいのかわかりません。 keeps me well-informed of the development of the Internet. それとも keeps me of well-informed the development of the Internet.  自信がありません。 説明してください。

noname#26111
noname#26111
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

1は,abandon という動詞の性質の問題です。abandon は単純に目的語をとるだけで,SVOC 的に,C の部分に,分詞,原形不定詞,to 不定詞などを置くことはできません。  したがって,the ship sunk, the ship sinking, the ship sink, the ship to sink などは無理があると思います。  2は,inform 人 of 物で「人に物を知らせる」の受動態で,人 is informed of 物という形を思い浮かべてください。I am informed of ~で,「私は~について,知らされている→知っている」となります。keep me C にこの形を当てはめれば,keep me well-informed of ~となるでしょう。

noname#26111
質問者

お礼

1は動詞の性質で考えるんですね。 2 は詳しい説明でよくわかりました。 ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• trgovec
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2538/4879)
回答No.2

1.についてひとこと、 意味を考えなければ、a, d とも正解になりうるのですが、the sinking ship は「沈みつつある船」、the sunk ship は「沈んでしまった船」で、「ひどい嵐の中で諦めざるをえない」のは「沈みそうな船」で「もう沈んでしまった船」だったらもはや乗組員も沈んでしまっているのでこれから「諦める」ような状況ではないでしょう。よって、正解はaになります。ここで、sinkingを「沈んでいる」と考えると正解が分からなくなる恐れがあります。ingを「している」と画一的に考えるのではなく、「進行中、躍動的」にとらえることが重要です。「沈んでいる」ならむしろsunkです。

noname#26111
質問者

お礼

現在分詞と過去分詞の違いがよくわかりました。 ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 複文・単文教えてください

複文・単文の書き換え教えてください 1 As he had been informed of the storm , the ship's captain changed course.  (   )having been informed of the storm , the ship's captain changed course. 2 Now that spring has come , we perhaps look forward to better weather.  Spring (          ) , we perhaps look forward to better weather. 和訳も教えてください お願いします

• 英訳してください

This computer magazine keeps me well-informed of the developments of the internet. 「~な状態にする」と訳せばいいのだと思いますが、きれいな文章になりません。因みに私は「このコンピューター雑誌は私にインターネットの発達の良い知らせを続ける」と英訳してみました。これで良いのでしょうか?どなたか教えて下さい。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

Anti-submarine vessels initially carried only two depth charges, to be released from a chute at the stern of the ship. The first success was the sinking of U-68 off Kerry, Ireland, on 22 March 1916 by the Q-ship Farnborough. Germany became aware of the depth charge following unsuccessful attacks on U-67 on 15 April 1916, and U-69 on 20 April. UC-19 and UB-29 were the only other submarines sunk by depth charges during 1916.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

On 10 April 1915 the British steamer Harpalyce, a Belgian relief ship and clearly marked as such, was torpedoed without warning by SM UB-4 near the North Hinder lightship, just outside the strip of sea declared safe by von Pohl. The ship had been en route for America to collect food for starving Belgians, and its sinking outraged American citizens already unhappy at the death of Leon C. Thrasher, drowned when the SS Falaba was sunk on 28 March 1915 by U-28

• 整序。これは誤文ですか?

整序。これは誤文ですか? 「私を見送りにわざわざ駅まで来てくれてありがとう」 It's nice of you to come to see me off all the way to the station. ご教授、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和約をお願いします。

On 10 April 1915 the British steamer Harpalyce, a Belgian relief ship and clearly marked as such, was torpedoed without warning by SM UB-4 near the North Hinder lightship, just outside the strip of sea declared safe by von Pohl. The ship had been en route for America to collect food for starving Belgians, and its sinking outraged American citizens already unhappy at the death of Leon C. Thrasher, drowned when SS Falaba was sunk on 28 March 1915 by U-28 (Thrasher incident).

• 英語 問題

英語 問題 お願いします! 空所に適当な選択肢の語句を入れてください! 1.Her parents didn't () her to go to America. (1)admit (2)allow (3)forgive (4)let 2.I asked her () a letter on her way to school. (1)mailing (2)mailed (3)mails (4)to mail 3.The salesman persuaded () the expensive automobile. (1)me buying (2)me to buy (3)buying me (4)to buy me 語句を並べ替えて正しい英文を作ってください! 4.In spite of many difficulties, (efforts/ to complete/ enabled/ our/ us)the job. 5.彼が約束を破ったのはなぜだと思いますか。〈1語不要〉 (why/ caused/ think/ him/ what/ do/ you/ to)break his promise? 以上の5問です! よろしくお願いします

• 英語がご堪能な方、翻訳をお願致します。

以下文の翻訳をお願いいたします。 Well, I have not really dont that before, what are you thinking about and what do you think is fair price wise for me to send you those? I will have to ship them to my location first. お力をお貸しください。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• toやforやofの使い方

it was impossible (to,me,of,think,not,for)the result. カッコの中を適当に並べ替えるという問題なのですが、toやforやofが出てくるといつも迷ってしまいます。 例えば、to meなのかfor meなのかなどです。 並べ替えがすごく苦手で苦戦してます・・・ toやforやofの使い方のいい覚え方ってないでしょうか? お願いします。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

On the night between 31 October and 1 November 1918, a small Italian human torpedo called "Mignatta", which carried two men, entered the base of Pola and placed a limpet mine below the hull of the anchored battleship SMS Viribus Unitis. Unknown to them, the entire Austrian fleet had just been handed over to the new National Council of Slovenes, Croats and Serbs; this had happened in the evening of 31 October, when the Italian ships assigned to the operation had already left the port, and thus could not be informed.  After placing the mines, the two Italian operators were captured, and they informed the crew that the ship was going to sink, although they did not reveal that they had placed mines on the hull; however, the explosions were delayed and the crew started reboarding the ship, believing they were lying. Shortly thereafter, the mines exploded, causing the Viribus Unitis to sink. The Slav National Council made no efforts to raise the ship, as Italy occupied the region only a few days later.