• ベストアンサー

添削お願いします。

And this thing, which as I say was only rather peculiar, soon caused a second thing to happen which was very peculiar. And then the very peculiar thing, in its own turn, caused a really fantastically peculiar thing to occur. そして、このもの(私が言うようにむしろだけ奇妙であった)はすぐ、起こる2番目の非常に奇妙であったものを引き起こしました。そして、非常に奇妙なものは、それ自身の回転で起こる、本当に幻想的で奇妙なものを引き起こしました。 何か日本語変ですよね・・。which as I say was only rather peculiarの部分とかどう訳したらよいかわからないのですが、どなたか添削お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.2

And this thing, which as I say was only rather peculiar, as I say = 「私が言うように」→「私は思うのだが」 only =(副)大変に、とても , rahter =(副)かなり 「そして大変に変わっていると私が思うこのことが・・」 soon caused a second thing to happen which was very peculiar. 「これまたとても変わった二つ目の事象の起因となって」 And then the very peculiar thing, in its own turn, caused a really fantastically peculiar thing to occur. * in its own turn = 今度は、順番で、交代に 「その二番目がさらにまた今度は本当に考えられないくらい変わった事象の起因となった。」 くらいかな・・。

menikon18
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

only rather→very→really fantasticallyと変化しているように,only ratherは「いくぶん」というratherに,veryに対して「いくぶんというだけの」という感覚でonlyがついたものでしょうか。which as I sawの解釈は合っています。cause+目的語+to不定詞を見落としています。cause a thing to happen[occur]は「ことが起こるようにさせる→ことを引き起こす」のようになりますので,to以下はなくても意味は変わりません。in its own turnは,「この少し奇妙なことが,とても奇妙なことを引き起こし,次には…」と順々にことが展開していく様子を表しています。

menikon18
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• この英文を訳して下さい。

この英文を文法的な解釈も添えて訳して下さい。 There was that about him which did not please me. I have had a very unpleasant thing happen to me.

• 添削お願いします

長文になりますが英作文の添削お願いします。 Most bullies which happen in elementary school has no clear reason. Childes, who doesn’t understand about right and wrong yet, simply enjoys bothering other students. It is the serious problem in this country. The most targets of the stundents who bullied was the transfer student. It was naturally enough for me to be a target, and some boys in my class started bulling me. 小学校で起きるいじめに明確な根拠はない。まだ善悪を理解しきっていない子供たちは、ただ単純に他の生徒をいじめることを楽しんでいるのだ。これはこの国で深刻な問題になっている。いじめっ子にとって一番の標的は帰国子女だった。当然、私は標的となり、クラスの数人の男子は私をいじめ始めた。 My pain looked ended in there, but the thing didn’t go that well. As a result of bullying, I became so sensitive to communicating with other people. My new friends in new school were so nice, and I liked them very much, but it was needless to say that I couldn't be cordial with anyone. 私の苦痛はそこで終わったように見えたが、事はそう上手くはいかなかった。いじめられた結果として、他の人と関わることに敏感になってしまった。新しい学校での新しい友達はとても良い子たちで、私は彼女達をとても好いたが、誰とも心を許しあえることができなかったのは言うまでもない。

• 添削お願いします。

私は子供の頃お父さんと電車で海に行きました I went to the sea by the train with father as a child. その海はとてもきれいで私はとても喜びました。 The sea was very beautiful and I was very glad. お父さんは車の形をした浮き輪を買ってくれました Father bought the float ring which carried out the form of a car. 私は喜んでこの浮き輪に乗りました。 I was glad and rode on this float ring. お父さんは私を乗せた浮き輪の紐を引っ張って海を泳いでくれました。 Father pulled the string of a float ring which picked me up, and swam in the sea. 突然私は浮き輪から落ちてしまいました。 Suddenly, I have fallen from the float ring. しかしお父さんは気付かないで、私を置いたまま浮き輪を引っ張って遠くに行ってしまいました。 But, father pulled the float ring, with me placed without having noticed, and he has carried out in the distance. 溺れかけてつらい思いをしました。 It was drowned and the hard thought was carried out. これが私の子供の頃のほろ苦い思い出です。 This story is bitter sweet memory at the time of child. という文で合っていますでしょうか? 間違っていたら教えて下さい(>_<)

• 英語の添削お願いします。

I think that it is different if I convey to meet and telephone This thing, I say a live perfomance in common. I think that there is an atmosphere that can not felt only there. 私は、会って伝えるのと電話で伝えるのは違うと思う。 このことは、ライブでも共通して言える。 私は、そこでしか感じられない雰囲気があると思う この文の、添削をお願いします。

• 穴埋め問題の添削をお願いします!

1)The people (who) work in the office are very friendly. 2)There are some words (whose) meanings I don't know. 3)I enjoyed talking to the man (which) I sat next to on the plane. 4)The book (which choose the teacher) was too difficult for the students. 5)The jewel box (in which) I put my engagement ring was stolen. 6)You didn't get the whole point. That wasn't (what I meant). 7)That horse was the most beautiful creature (that I had) ever seen. 8)Mary is now very different from (what) she was five years ago. 9)This computer software is useful and, (what) is more, not so expensive. 10)Edison is as great an inventor (as) ever lived. 問題文が多くてすみません。()内の穴埋めです。 解説や日本語訳を付けてくださると助かります。 添削よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 添削お願いします

添削お願いします I went to Yokohama with my friend and we ate alot of Chinese food. It was very great.

• 日記の添削をお願いします

Today, I was tired to go to some shops which were likely to sell something appropriate for packing the bag which I had sold on Yafuoku. In spite of my labor, however, I couldn’t find it. So I ended up to decide to buy it in the post office when I send the bag. It was 8 pm, and I didn’t have lunch and got hungry, so I went to my favorite Ramen shop for dinner. It was still very good despite I ate it many times. Only, I am feeling that I must cook foods myself, because I have begun Palsytem. I will do tomorrow. 英語としておかしいところやこうしたほうがより自然だというところを遠慮なく指摘してください。

• 英語の添削をお願いします!

10年後の自分を想像して10年前をふりかえる架空の話なんですが よかったら間違った言い回しや文法、おすすめの言葉などを 添削とともに指摘していただければ嬉しいです。 よろしくおねがいします。  It has been about 14 years now since I belonged to the group of Aboriginal people in Australia. I am now 35 years old. Looking back, I had specialized in Ethnology at university, because I was very interested in ethnological Art. I decided to broaden my outlook on life by traveling abroad, when I was 20 years old. Australia which I focused on was my first place for my investigation. There was an area called ‘aboriginal land’ which general people can’t enter without permission but I was allowed to enter it. I got to communicate with aboriginal people and gradually, they regarded me as a member of their family. At the time, I wouldn’t go back to Japan, so I naturally accepted their words that I originally belonged to here. Now, I have forgotten Japanese and I’m sure that I’m not Japanese any more. That’s my whole life so far, but I believe that I was able to find what I really wanted to do and how to enjoy the life.

• 英作文の添削をおねがいします

以下の文章です I want to invent it a lot in the future. 私は将来たくさん発明をしたい。 For example The thing which makes environment better,The thing which helps the life of people,Time machine,dokodemo door and Doraemon. 例えば環境をよくするもの、人々の生活を助けるもの、タイムマシーン、どこでもドア、ドラえもん。 It is so. I want to finally make rial Doraemon. そうです。私は最終的にドラえもんを作りたい。 It was a dream that I made Doraemon since I was small. 私は小さい頃からドラえもんを作ることが夢でした。 I work hard to make the good future. And I win the Nobel Prize. 私は良い未来を作るために一生懸命働きます。そしてノーベル賞を受賞する。

• 英語の添削

今度英語で発表することになったのですが、一応考えたのですが自信が無いので添削をお願いします。 Good afternoon everyone. My name is ○○ and today I am going to talk about my favorite trip. This year I went to Malaysia with my friends. Malaysia is a country near the equator. Everyday the weather is very nice so there was very hot. But I enjoyed this trip and want to go to Malaysia again. I will tell you about three reasons why this was my favorite trip. First, Malaysian food was very delicious. There are many races so we can eat various food such as Indian and Chinese and so on. I was so happy to eat Nyonya food. Nyonya food is mixing Malaysian food and Chinese food. Malaysian food taste mostly spicy but everything was very delicious. Second, Malaysia has many famous historic building. I went to Kuala Lumpur and Malacca. I went to tour the Twin-Tower and the Blue Mosque. Twin-Tower is the third highest around the world. In Malacca, I rode a trishaw. Trishaw is like "Zinrikishya". It looks beautiful and the view of outside is wonderful. Finally, I went to Spa. Malaysia is famous for Spa so Malaysian people often reserve the Spa. To my surprise, there is a bath with a lot of flowers. the massage make me feel very comfortable and happy. In short, this was a great trip. if you think to go to foreign countries, I want you to go to Malaysia. I think you will surely be a wonderful trip. おかしければ文章自体を変えてもらってもかまいません。 添削よろしくお願いします。