• ベストアンサー

student fees & renting out classrooms to evening institutes

The school's revenue comes mainly from its student fees, with a small amount coming from renting out classrooms to evening institutes. 学校の総収入の大部分は、生徒からの授業料に依存しており、夜間学校への教室の貸し出しによる収入は僅かである。 上記の文章ですが、 The school's revenue comes mainly from its student fees. Also it (The school's revenue) comes with a small amount coming from renting out classrooms to evening institutes. という事かと理解します。 ここで生徒からの授業料は "students' fees" では誤りでしょうか。 evening institutes {夜間学校}は なぜ複数系でなければならないでしょうか。 多数の 夜間学校への教室の貸し出しがあるという事でしょうか。 教えて下さい。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#34556
noname#34556
回答No.2

こんにちは。 日本語訳ですが、「~夜間学校への教室の貸し出しによる収入は僅かである。」とされていますが、"僅かである" というよりは、「主な収入の糸口は学費からであり、また夜間学校からも小額の収入がある」というような雰囲気だと思いますよ。 >evening institutes {夜間学校}は なぜ複数系でなければならないでしょうか 夜間学校を日本語訳で考えると、「看護学校」や「予備校」などのように団体や、学校としての大きなまとまりとして考えてしまいますが、同じ夜間学校でも「夜間クラス」や、「夜間授業」などのように具体的な意味を持つ場合もあります。「~from renting out classrooms~」とあるように教室が複数形の状態です。恐らくいくつかの教室が使われているのだと思いますので、「夜間学校」というまとまりとして考えるよりは、「夜間クラス」のような感じで受け止めるといいのではないでしょうか?ですから、「(複数の)教室を夜間クラスへ貸し出している」という雰囲気ではないでしょうか?もちろん"evening institute" という形でも表現する事も多々ありますよ。 >"students' fees" では誤りでしょうか。 間違いではないです。日本語で「~の費用」や「~の会費」などと言っているのと同じ事です。ただし使用する頻度は少ないです。"student fee" で「授業料」というひとつの単語(名詞)として覚えてしまった方が良いと思いますよ。 何かあればご質問ください。

abecedarian
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 >"evening institute" という形でも表現する事も多々あり なので迷ったのでした。 >"student fee" そうですよね。 そもそも "from its student fee"じゃいけないのかな?と迷いました。 もう少し考えます。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#10094
noname#10094
回答No.1

Student Fee は School Fee と同じく1個の名詞として取り扱われているのでは? evening institutes:夜間学校。。。。 イメージとしては補習授業だとか、研修会みたいなものを連想します。 夜間学校として体系だっているなら、Evening School のほうがぴんと来ます。 あまりに感覚的ですいません。

abecedarian
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。日本語訳 は書いた人の意訳です。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の和訳をお願いします。 Consider Z-Card, which sells information and advertising materials mostly in the form of pocket-size foldout cards. The company is privately held, with annual revenue of about £6 million, or $9.3 million, and has a staff of 34. Only 16 are Britons. The rest are mainly from other countries in the European Union.

• この英文で大丈夫ですか。

この英文で大丈夫ですか。 いつも私のつたない英文を添削していただき、ありがとうございます。 今回もまたよろしくお願いします。 お時間があればおかしな点をご指摘いただけるとありがたいです。 私も勤労学生でした。 I had been working student,too. 早朝4時から7時まで働き、その後学校へ行きました。 I worked eariy morning from 4:00 to 7:00 ,and then I went to school. 学校が終わった後も夕方から働きました。 After school I worked evening. その期間は出口の見えないトンネルの中にいるように感じていました。 At that time,I had feeling with no way out inside a tunnel . その経験は私のかけがえのない財産となってると思えます。 I can think , the experience has been irreplaceable asset for me.

• 並び替え・・・

その学校は入学試験で最低50点を取らない学生を入れるのには反対しています。 という訳で、 The school (admitting any student,at least fifty,does,in,is,not, opposed,score,to,who)the entrance examination. この( )の中の英語を並び変えるのですが・・・ 教えてください!

• 以下の文章を和訳していただけますか

ドメイン転売の仲介業者のサイトにある文章です。 The Payout Limit is the amount of revenue you must accrue or surpass from parking your domains before you will be issued your payment. (そのあとは) The following are your options for payout limit: $20 US, $50 US, $100 US, $250 US, $500 US, $1000 US. The payout limit is set to $250 US by default upon creation of your account.  payout limitには、20,50,100,250,500,1000USドルのオプションがあります。 デフォルトではpayout limitはアカウント作成時に250USドルに設定されています。

• 簡単な質問ですみません。でも、分からないんです。

簡単な質問ですみません。  The money for students to attend a cyberschool comes from the public school systems where they live.  この文章の最初の部分、’The money for students to attend a cyberschool・・’は、 「学生達がサイバースクールに出席するためのお金・・」と訳す事が出来ると思うのですが、なぜこの順番で訳していくのか自分では良く分かりません。つまり、感覚的に訳してしまっているので、文法的な説明が全く出来ません。これをもっと自信がある訳である文法的な説明ができる訳にかえたいと思っているのですが、どうすれば良いでしょうか?  今の文章の場合、文法書のどこを見て、どのように説明すればよろしいのでしょうか?  すごく簡単な質問で大変申し訳ございませんが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳お願いします!!

和訳お願いします!! Revenues(called "turnover" in British Commonwealth countries)represent the total value that a company receives in exchange for providing services or selling goods to customers. This "total value" can take two forms: cash,or the customer's promise to pay cash in the future. For this reason, a company's total revenue for a period is not necessarily equal to the total amount of cash received by the company during the period. On an income statement covering a year ending on December 31, for example, total revenue may include some sales made on credit in November or December but not collected in cash until January. If revenue is earned from the sale of goods to customers,it is called sales. If it is earned from providing services to customers, it is called fees earned. Some companies have both types of revenue. Chevron,for example,records sales from the sale of gasoline and tires, and fees earned from automobile maintenance and repairs. Other companies have only one type of revenue:sales in a grocery store,for example,or fees earned in a video rental store. Expenses are the costs incurred by a company in the process of generating its revenues. And like revenues,expenses are recorded whether they are paid in cash immediately,or taken on credit to be paid in the future. Acompany that pays its workers their salaries on the fifth of each month for work done during the past month would pay its workers on January 5 for work done in December,but it would record this"salary expense" in December. よろしくお願いします(>_<)

• デイリー読売

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/editorial/T111206005029.htm の記事中で However, if the amount to be saved shrinks, it will be impossible to make ends meet. The consumption tax revenue must also be used for funds to raise the government's share of contributions to the basic pension fund from the current one-third to half. Therefore, a revenue shortfall is possible even if the consumption tax rate is made 10 percent. To what extent can the government and ruling parties' discussions within the reform headquarters improve each measure in ways that will serve the nation's interest from a broad perspective? We urge Noda to take the initiative, living up to his remark, "I will be in the vanguard position to lead discussions." という文の和訳ができません。 どなたか分かる方いらっしゃいませんか?

• 英語の穴埋め5問です。お願いします。

1 ジョンはメアリーに結婚を申し込んだ。   John(   )a proposal of marriage to Mary. 2 彼女はドアをそっと押した。   She(   )the door a gemtle push. 3 彼はその湖がどれくらい深いかを私に尋ねた。   He asked me the(   )of the lake. 4 彼がパーティーに遅れて着いたのでみんなが驚いた。   He late(   )at the party surprised anyone. 5 私たちは彼が学校を欠席しているのを知らなかった。   We were not aware of his(   )from school.

• 添削していただけませんか?

英作文を作ったのですが、英語が苦手なのでどなたか添削していただけませんか? Difference in elementary school life between Japan and America The first is going to school. In Japan, people basically walk to school.On the other hand, in the United States, parents usually go to school by school bus or send their parents to meet them. This has reasons such as, "It's dangerous when a bad person comes." Second, there is a swimming class. In Japan, swimming is a compulsory subject in physical education classes.In the first place, there are only about one or two physical education classes a week. ·The third is the textbook. In Japan, the Ministry of Education presents children free of charge.In America, however, textbooks are rented from schools. Therefore, children cannot bring back textbooks from school. There is a big difference between elementary school life in Japan and the U.S.

• There is構文で継続用法は使えないんですか?

There is構文で継続用法は使えないんですか? つまり There is a school one hundred meters from here,which my brother goes to. という文章はありえますか? 私は英作(独立した問題)で 「ここから100mのところに弟が通う学校がある」→「ここから100mのところに学校があり、弟はそこに通っている」 と読みかえたのですが、これは日本語的におかしい解釈ですか? The school which~ is~.というのが模範解答で 意味は分かるんですが、 それってむしろ「弟が通う学校はここから100mのところにある」 っていうニュアンスかな~って思うんですけど… 先生は特定されているから×って言ってたんですけど、非制限用法でも特定されてることになりますか?((2)の意味で言ったのかもしれないけど) (1)最初の英文はありえるか (2)読みかえは不自然でないか を誰か高校生レベルで納得いくように解説してください(>_<)