Overwhelming Presence and Bottomless Fear: A Review of a Movie

このQ&Aのポイント
  • He was an overwhelming presence like swallowing the main character. His speaking way and voices resounded heavily. Especially the scene that gnaws the remains of a dead daughter, it made me feel bottomless fear and eeriness.
  • I think that the reason why Godzilla (1954) is still said to reign in the top of the series is that the strong warning message for excessive science and technology is clearly expressed.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削してください

⇨He was an overwhelming presence like swallowing the main character. His speaking way and voices resounded heavily. Especially the scene that gnaws the remains of a dead daughter, it made me feel bottomless fear and eeriness. 彼はまさに主人公を飲み込むような圧倒的な存在感でした。ゆったりとした喋り方と、重く響く声。特に死んだ娘の遺骨をかじるシーンなんか、思わず息をのむような迫力と、底知れない不気味さを感じさせる名シーンでした。 ⇨I think that the reason why Godzilla (1954) is still said to reign in the top of the series is that the strong warning message for excessive science and technology is clearly expressed. ゴジラ(1954)が未だなおシリーズ頂点に君臨すると言われている理由は、行き過ぎた科学技術に対する警鐘という強いメッセージが明確に表現されていることにあると私は思います。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

⇨He [had] an overwhelming presence, [so much so that he capped] the main character. His [gentle way of] speaking and his [low, resounding] voice, [was enthralling]. [In particular,] [I was taken back by] the scene [where he] gnaws the remains of [his] dead daughter; [I felt endless] fear and eeriness. https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=so+much+so https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=cap https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=enthralling https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=taken+back ⇨I [personally] think that the reason why Godzilla (1954) is still said to reign in the top of the series is that [it sends out a clear and] strong message [against] excessive [advancement in] science and technology. https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=advancement+in

wxw
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 参考になりました!!

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9727/12099)
回答No.2

>He was an overwhelming presence like swallowing the main character. His speaking way and voices resounded heavily. Especially the scene that gnaws the remains of a dead daughter, it made me feel bottomless fear and eeriness. ⇒an overwhelming presence、like swallowing the main character、the scene that gnaws、あたりを添削しました。 →He was the very overwhelming presence as if he had swallowed the main character. His speaking way and voices resounded heavily. Especially the scene where he gnawed the remains of a dead daughter (, it) made me feel bottomless fear and eeriness. >I think that the reason why Godzilla (1954) is still said to reign in the top of the series is that the strong warning message for excessive science and technology is clearly expressed. ⇒the strong warning message for excessive scienceを添削しました。 →I think the reason why Godzilla (1954) is still said to reign in the top of the series is that a strong warning message against excessive scientific technology is clearly expressed.

wxw
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 大変参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 添削してください。

In the original work is no accident scene. On the other hand, in the original, Momoe suggested Himiko that "if you become an embroider", but she dose it because it is for Himiko, and others refuse to do. In the film, this scene is not drawn. I think the director made this accident scene after understanding fascinat of the original and enhanced the message of the original work. 「原作ではこの事故シーンはない。 一方で原作では、モモエがヒミコに「刺繍屋になれば」、と提案されるが彼女はそれを「ヒミコのためだからやった。他の人にはする気はない」と拒否をするシーンがある。 映画ではこのシーンは描かれていない。 監督は原作の魅力を理解した上で、この事故シーンをつくりだし、原作が持つメッセージを引き立てたのだと思う。」 ある文の続きなので、一方…と繋がらない部分があります>< 描かれた、をそのままdrawnとしたのですが、この表現でいいでしょうか? こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

It is constitution that a short story about food is sandwiched between the main story. It seems that while sipping the noodle of the leading role, little by little to eat the equipment of ramen. Among the short episodes are various human lives, and there always expressed "life and death". 本筋の合間に、食にまつわるショートストーリーが挟まれる構成。 主役の麺をすすりつつ、ラーメンの具を少しずつ食べるような感じだ。 短いエピソードの中には、様々な人間の生き様があり、そこには常に“生と死”が表現されている。 こちらの英文を添削してください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

The huge monster that was suddenly appear and destroyed the city was created by human. Selfish people say the Godzilla which can be said to be a victim is a threat of human and try to kill it. So to speak, I think that the Godzilla is a symbol of fear that selfish human beings bore. 突然現れた人の住む街を破壊する巨大怪獣は、人の手によって生み出されました。身勝手な人間は、被害者とも言えるゴジラを、人類の脅威だと言って、殺しにかかります。 言わばゴジラは「身勝手な人間が産みだした恐怖の象徴」とも言えると思います。 The modern people who watch CG movies have a little uncomfortable to watch this movie. 特にリアリティ溢れるCG映画を観ている現代の私たちには少し違和感はあります。 In the present age, it is difficult to think that humans and animals eat the same things. In fact there are people who let the pet eat the same things as a human being, but sill with consciousness, we have distinguished what human beings eat and what the animals eat. 現代であれば、人間と動物が同じものを食べることは考えにくい。実際には人間と同じご飯をペットに食べさせる人もいるだろうが、それでも意識の上では、私たちは人間が食べるものと動物が食べるものを区別してしまっている。 こちらの英文を添削してください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

He stopped shooting if the weather is not suitable for that scene. 「彼は天候が適していなければ、その日の撮影を中止したりした」 He has rehearsed actors many times and has been made thoroughly useful 「彼は俳優に何度もリハーサルを行い、徹底的に役になりきらせている」 For example, he said the new actor that it is not walk as a samurai, and shots many times of a just walking scene. 「例えば、ただ歩くだけのシーンを、「それは侍の歩き方じゃない」と言い何度も撮り直した」 以上の英文が正しく作られているか、添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

The wonderfulness of everyday life will be exhilarated with heartwarming by a number of children's naughty behavior. 子どもたちのわんぱくな言動の数々によって、平和な日常の素晴らしさが淡々とほのぼのと醸し出されていく。 The movie is a new residential area near Tokyo. Similar single-storied house build and the camera captures the view in which the banks can been seen ahead of the middle street in an overhead view. 映画は東京近郊の新興住宅地。平屋建ての同じような家屋が建ち並び、真ん中の通りを彼方に土手が見える景色を俯瞰でカメラがとらえる。 The story develops from the children's words that the conversation such as the greeting that adults exchanges is useless. 大人たちが交わす挨拶などの会話を無駄だという子供たちの言葉から物語は展開していく。 I think that it depicted the poor life of lower-class samurai at that time with through realism, until the darkness of the lights in the room, the director expressed the background of that era perfectly. 部屋の灯りの暗さまで、徹底したリアリズムで幕末の下級武士の窮乏生活を描き切り、その時代の背景を完璧に表現していましたと思う。 こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 添削してください

彼はEPAの "Waters of the U.S." のような農業の地域社会に妨げとなるような過度の規制に反対している。その他、市場の拡大や自然保護の促進(Conservation)やより優れた証明書の提供などの問題に取り組んでいる。 He opposes to excessive regulation that agriculture communities like the EPA's "Water of the U.S.”. In addition, he is addressing issues such as expansion of the markets and promotion of conservation and provide greater certainty. 以前にも質問で「問題に取り組んでいる」について聞いたのですが、 今回は別の表現を使おうと思い、あえて違う address issue というのを使いました。 同じペーパーに記入する予定なので(以前の質問の内容と今回の質問の英文)、違う表現がいいかなと思い、別の表現にしました。 こちらの英文の添削をしてほしいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

しかし、purity に関しては、conservative の方に近い数値となった。liberalの平均が1.4に対しconservativeの平均は3.0。そして私自身のサーベイの結果は2.5だった。 このようにみると、自分がリベラル派だと思っていたが、調査の結果ほとんどそれに近い結果となっていることがわかった。 However, as for Purity, my score was close to that of the Conservative. The Liberal's average is 1.4 and the Conservative's average is 3.0, and my result is 2.5. From the above results, I thought that I am a Liberal, and I found that the result of survey was almost close to that. こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

映画の感想を日本語から英語に直したので添削して欲しいです。 「一番気になったのはエンディングのシーンです。アシタカはサンとともに森でシシ神の森を守るものとして生きるわけではなく、サンもまた人間を理解しタタラバで生きるわけでもない。 一緒に暮らすわけではなく、お互いの世界で生きていこう、という終わり方です。 もし「自然は大事だから、大切にしよう」というメッセージの映画であれば、2人が別々の場所で生きていく結末にはならないはずだ。」 The most interesting scene is the ending scene. Ashitaka will not live to protect the Shihigami of the forest with San, and San will not live in Tataraba with Ashitaka and understand human. It is not the way to live together, it is the way to live each other's world. If this movie's messege is "the forest is important, let's treasure", it should not be the conclusion that they will live in different place. こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 添削してください

Even if they are poor, they feel joyful when they grow their plants, and they freely play in the park. And they have ambition to study. In society, this definition is actually ambiguous, what is right, what is rich, and what is happy. The director expressed the world of children that can not be measured by adult value. 貧しくても、子供たちが植物を育てる姿や、公園で自由に遊ぶ姿に彼らは喜びを感じる。そして彼らは「勉強をしたい」と願う向上心を持っている。社会において、何が正しく、何が幸せで、何が豊かなのか、この定義は実は曖昧である。大人の価値基準では測りきれない子どもの世界を、監督は表現している。 ・豊か、と言うのをrichで訳したのですがあっているでしょうか? 自然が豊か、と言うときはrich in natureというそうなのですが、この場合もrichでいいのでしょうか? こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 添削してください。

ある映画についてのペーパーです。 「森を壊すことは生きために必要な手段であるため、人間が「悪」だとは一概には言えない状況なのである。さらに山犬に夫を殺された女性を登場させたりし、言わば「加害者」としても自然も監督は描いた。 ここから見て取れるように、人言と自然の関係性を善悪の価値観で判断するのは間違いだと思える。また、アシタカは最後まで、「森と人、双方として生きられる方法はないのか?」と、その答えを探して葛藤します。」 Thus, to break the forest is a necessary means to live, so it is a situation that human beings are "evil" can no be said unconditionally. Moreover, the director appeared a women who got killed her husband by wolf, so to say he expressed a nature as "perpetrator". As can be seen from this, it seems that it is a mistake to judge the relationship between humanity and nature with the values of good and evil. Also, Ashitaka struggles to find the answer, "forest and people, as both sides can live," until the end of the story. ・一概に言えない状況、というのをどのように英語で言えばいいのかわからず…とりあえずそのままsituationとしました。 ・こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。