• ベストアンサー

以下の文を解説をお願いします。

It seems, however, that what dogs lack in this respect, they may be able to make up for by understanding what humans can perceive. 英検準一(2014年)の過去問から抜粋です。 第2パラグラフの出だし文です。 Itはどこを指しているのか、わかるようでわかりません。 「変な文章だな~」と思っています。 解説をお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> It seems, however, that what dogs lack in this respect, they may be able to make up for by understanding what humans can perceive.  少し語順を変えて、ついでに文を単純化させてみると、内容を取りやすいかもしれません。  → It seems that dogs are able to make up for [what they lack] by understanding [what humans can perceive].  It seems ... とか It appears that ... とか、あぁいう場合の It だと思います。だから、何かを指し示す it とは違うように思います。It seems ... で 「~ のように思われる」 という意味を表します。  内容は、犬は、自分たちに欠けているものを、人間には何が分かるのかということを理解することで補っているように思われる、ということであるように思われます。

joy1995
質問者

お礼

いつも回答ありがとうございます。 わあ、そういうからくりだったのですか! わかって感激です。

関連するQ&A

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

(1)Why go on a trip up Mt.Snowdon - it is raining heavily, we won`t be able to hike up the mountain, so what about putting it off? (2)Mutual understanding is something that is particularly important for people of different cultures, enabling them to respect one another`s. (3)As a result, they behaved in a manner which we considered unpleasant or even impolite.

• 和訳お願いします。

Exchage of the parts respecting 24hours max. We are currently studying how to organize in order to be able, however,because it seems difficult, many ways are explored as keeping the device in function. If efficient, that could allow more time before exchange of the parts. 困っています。 どうぞ宜しくお願いします。

• 文翻訳をお願いします。

Meanwhile Kuropatkin's advance from Riga, begun on 21 March, was beaten back within a day with the loss of 10,000 men. A minor success was achieved however by General Baluyev's Second Army, which advanced a few kilometres along the shores of Lake Naroch while under cover of fog. Artillery attacks continued into April but German counter-attacks succeeded in recovering what little ground the Russians had succeeded in capturing. The attack had not caused the Germans to divert resources from Verdun; in this respect alone it was therefore a notable failure. Shortly after the Lake Naroch debacle the Russians heeded another call for help, this time from the Italians. The Russian response on this occasion however was markedly more effective: the Brusilov Offensive.

• 以下の文、解説お願いします。

Despite all the warnings, people continue to consume junk food more than ever. As a result, while models and actors get thinner and, ironically, more is known about nutrition than before, America is getting fatter. 訳はわかります。 2つ目のセンテンスでmore is known aboutの部分を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 以下の文の解説をお願いします。

He says we should manage it the way we manage wilderness preserves; with the understanding that diversity is key to the overall health of the system. わからない点は、the way の部分です。 in the way ではないのかな?とも思います。 よろしくお願いします。

• 以下の文の解説をお願いします。

Moves have been made to fight what some have called an epidemic. 「何人かが伝染病と名付けているものと戦う措置がなされている」 使役動詞のmakeの受動態 fightが他動詞で使われているかもしれない このような解釈でいいですか? まったく自信がありません。

• 以下の二つの文の解説をお願いします。

1:Prehistoric societies likely collected honey from wild bee colonies and used it to sweeten food and drink, much as people do today. 質問:much as people do todayここがわかりません。     muchを倒置で前に出しているだけでしょうか? 2:This property enables sugars to prevent infection when applied to wounds becase the fluids bacteria need to surbive are sucked away. 質問: 自分ではうまく訳せません。訳し方を教えてください。 「傷口に付けられるときに、この特性によってお砂糖が感染を阻止することができる、なぜなら 生き残ろうとする液状のバクテリアの必要が吸い取られるので」←(自分でもひどいと思います。意味も分かりません) 英検準一2014年の読解問題(Something Sweet)なのですが、コピペができませんでした。 前後の文章がなくわかりずらいと思います。申しわけありません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 以下の文の解説をお願いします。

Slow aging is as crucial to the human lifestyle as are marriage and the other life-cycle features. 問題集の読解問題から抜粋です。 質問1:想像では、areが倒置されて前に出ているのだと思いますが、こういう表現方法を見たことがありません。areは必要ですか? He is as old as am I.なんて変ですよね? 質問2:the other の後になぜ複数形が来ているのかわかりません。 解説どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 以下の文の解説をお願いします。

As language evolved, far more information became available to us to pass on than previously. 「言語が発達するにつれ、我々は以前に比べ、はるかに多くの伝達すべき情報が得られるようになった」(解答にあった訳) 読解問題から抜粋です。 質問: to pass は不定詞の形容詞的用法ですか?    そんなことどうでもいいかもしれませんが、     本来なら far more information の後に     置くべきものかなあと思ってしまいました。     たとえばこんな風に言えますか?     Do you have a book available to me to read?     available to 動詞が不慣れでピンときません・・・          解説よろしくお願いします。    

• 英語で書いた感想文です。

文法とかスペルに全然自信がなくて; もしよければ手伝って下さい。ほとんど間違えてると思いますが。 ソウルサーフとゆう映画映画の質問付の感想文です。 1, What have you learned from the movie? - i learned that when we think that life has ended, it is only just beginning. Everything in life has a purpose, a reason. There may be time that we think we want to give up, but that’s where you find real strength. Like Bethany, she is a very strong person. Terrible things happened to her even though it seems that she doesn’t deserve it because she is a very good person. But out of that terrible thing that happened, something good came out of it. She was able to overcame the problems she has faced. Anything is possible. All we need is faith, in God and in yourself. 2, How can you apply it in your life. 1, find something which is challenging for me. 2, Set a small goal. 3, get motivated 3, what have you felt when you try living with one arm? - I tried tying my hair with my one hand, and i realized that there is no way you can do that. how dificult it is to not be able to do something you normaly do everytime. お願いします。