Does Dubai Depend on Nature or Remove It?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Dubai, a country seemingly disconnected from nature, actually relies heavily on it.
  • Despite appearing to have no natural resources, Dubai has managed to utilize various natural elements thanks to advanced technology.
  • The phrase 'Nothing seems further removed from nature than Dubai, although nothing depends on nature than Dubai' suggests the irony of Dubai's reliance on nature despite its lack of readily available resources.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文で質問があります。

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU  (36分31秒あたり) のどうがの中の英文なのですが、 Nothing seems further removed from nature than Dubai, although nothing depends on natute than Dubai . 訳は  ドバイほど、もはや自然から何かものが取れない国はないようだ。 ドバイほど自然に頼っている国はないのだけれど。 だと思います。つまりドバイは本来すぐ使える資源がないのだけれど 現在の技術を集めて今まで使えなかったあらゆる自然を利用できるように している(皮肉をこめて)という内容だと思います。 さいしょの文の Nothing は No nation (country) の意味でしょうか than Dubai と比べているということはそういうことでしょうか。 それだと しかし remove されるのは物ではないのでしょうか? 例えば fossil oil is removed from nature のように。 あるいは svooの文型で考えると 例えば He removes Dubai something from nature なんてできるのでしょうか。ドバイから 自然から 両方バッティングしているような。 もし 最初の文が 単に Nothing seems further removed from nature in Dubai, だと ドバイ では 自然から何もとるものがないように思える とわかりやすいのですが。 私のどこが間違ってるのか教えてください。頭が少しこんがらがっている ようです。お願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

Nothing seems further removed from nature than Dubai, although nothing depends on nature MORE than Dubai. と言っています。 「ドバイほど、自然から遠ざけられている国はないと思われる...  ドバイほど、自然に依存している国はないにもかかわらず。」 ".... removed from ....." は、「…遠ざけられている…」 でよいのでは?

sac1967
質問者

お礼

おおおおおー。そうなのですね。 スッキリ。 ありがとうございます。 video の内容があまりにも ”自然からexploitしている” みたいな内容なので完全にremoveを~はぎ取るみたいに 思い込みました。頭がさびたギアのように動きませんでした。 油はいった感じです(シュルシュルって感じ)。 すいません。ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文に関しての質問です

8. Did James Madison propose separation between Congress and President? という質問があります。 それに該当する部分を探しました。 But they did not want a king – with the likely exception of Alexander Hamilton – so Madison proposed a president instead. They avoided uniting powers in the same body of men by creating three distinct branches of government. The judiciary power was made independent of the others by giving federal judges a lifetime appointment and by prohibiting Congress from reducing their pay. Although they are nominated by the President, and have to be approved by the Senate, as soon as a person enters the federal judiciary, they are free from direct political influence (but they can be impeached and removed from office for misbehavior). * Separating the presidency from the legislature was a little more complicated. The Virginia Plan proposed that the president be chosen by the legislature, but nothing more than that. It was not clear the executive would be separate from the legislature. 英文が長くて申し訳ないです。(*は私がわかりやすくするために勝手に印をつけました。文章は特に省略などしていないです) *以降の文章にSeparating the presidency from the legislature とありますが、これは上の質問を同じことでしょうか?(presidentとcongress) ということは答えはYesでいいでしょう?

• この英文であっていますか?

英訳文があっているかどうか、どなたか見ていただけないでしょうか。 「バレンタインデーの過ごし方って国によって全然違うみたいですね。あなたがいつか日本に来たら、きっと日本のバレンタインデーが気に入ると思いますよ。遅くなったけどあなたにバレンタインカードをe-mailで送っておきました。」 英訳文は ↓ です。 It seems like it's different from country to country how you spend St. Valentine's Day. If you come to Japan, I think you will like the Japanese version. It's a little too late, but I sent you a card by e-mail. どなたかよろしくお願いいたします m(_ _)m

• 英文解釈

Hihg achievers,we imagine,are destined for greatness from birth.But,then you have to wonder why,over time,natural talent seems to develop in some people and fade in others. という文章なのですが、 第一文目:すごいことをする達成者は生まれた時から偉大さを運命的に持っていると我々は想像している。 二文目:しかしそれでは、時間が経つにつれて、ある人は自然の才能を発達させ、ある人は減衰させてしまうという理由を考えなければいけない。 という訳でよいでしょうか? 第二文目では、 >すごいことをする達成者は生まれた時から偉大さを運命的に持っていると我々は想像している。 ていうわけじゃないよ!ということを言っているのですよね? よろしくお願いします。

• 英文にしてみたのですが・・・

(1)私は生物間相互作用のメカニズムについての研究に取り組みたい。 I want to engaged in the mechanisms of bio-interaction studies. (2)この観点に立てば、生物間相互作用の意義をより深く知れば知るほどより自然の大切さがわかる。 From point of view, the more we know about the meaning of bio-interaction, the more we realize the value of nature. (3)そして私はこの研究を環境問題に役立てたいのです。 And I want to make use of this studies to conserve environment. (1)この the mechanisms of bio-interactionとstudies の語順は正しいのでしょうか? (2)weを使っても大丈夫ですか?私“個人”が自然の大切さについて理解出来るという風に限定させたくないのです。 (3)役立てたい」はmake use ofで大丈夫ですか? 1~3の質問以外にも、文全体を見て気になる個所があれば教えてください。 すみませんがお時間ありましたら宜しくお願いします m(_ _)m

• 英文の並べ替え&間違い訂正の添削をお願いします

※穴埋め 1)Mai can (faster/else/finish/much/than/anybody/her calculation) in her class. →finish her calculation much faster than anybody else 2)I don't particularly like him,but he's the (of/better/two/the) candidates. →? 3)I've had so much to do at work recently and I'm really tired.I'd prefer to (at home/drive/my weekend/rather than/spend) all the way to Kyoto. →spend my weekend at home rather than drive 4)For nature lovers,(is/more/nothing/refreshing/than) pure cold water from a mountain stream. →nothing is refreshing more than 5)Our dog is (a pet/not/as/so/much) a number of our family. →? ※間違い訂正(間違い→訂正の順) 6)The children's television program,"Sesame Street",is far more popular as any other show of its genre. far more popular as→more popular than? 7)The bag I have now is three times so expensive as the one I had before. three times so expensive as→three times as expensive as 8)My brother studied all the hard because my mother praised him. ?→? 解説や和訳を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

Better stability, said the peer, winking, than chaos! I have heard the same thing, from similar sources, about China. It never, it seems to me, stops being said about the Middle East and Africa. 最後の文の意味と、できれば構造を解説して頂きたいのですが。よろしくお願いします。

• 比較の問題で困っています。

比較の問題で困っています。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 Q日本語の意味になるように並べかえてください。 1.その燃料タンクは新品同様だ。 The fuel tank (  )(  )(  )(  )(  ). 選択肢< is / new / as / as / good > 2.ロンには欠点も多いが、それでもナンシーは彼を愛している。 Nancy loves Ron (  )(  )(  )(  )(  )(  ) a lot of faults. 選択肢< because / has / he / less / none / the > 3.彼は車を解体している時が一番幸せという男だ。 He is (  )(  )(  )(  )(  )(  ) stripping down a car. 選択肢< happier / he / is / never / than / when > 4.自然愛好家にとって、渓流からの透き通った冷たい水ほど新鮮なものはない。 For nature lovers, (  )(  )(  )(  )(  ) pure cold water from a mountain stream. 選択肢< is / more / nothing / refreshing / than > 5.アメリカ人は日本の夫婦よりも離婚することが多い。 American people are (  )(  )(  )(  )(  )(  ) Japanese couples. 選択肢< more / get / likely / divorced / than / to >

• ...than can ever...の意味を教えて下さい。

The improvement of the state might certainly, under proper management, afford much greater resources to Government, than can ever by drawn from some particular towns.という文について質問です。 この文のThe improvement~to Governmentの部分を直訳すると、「その州(国)の進歩は、適切な運営の下で政府により大きな財源を確かに与えたかもしれない」というような具合になると思うのですが、than can ever以下はどのように訳すのでしょうか? drawn from some particular townsは「一部の特定の町から集められた」ということだと思うのですが・・・ わかる方いらっしゃいましたら、教えてください。than can everの部分の文法的な構造も解説していただければ、ありがたいです。よろしくお願いします。

• この英文を訳してください

On August 19, 2000, the New York Times reported that an icebreaker cruise ship had reached the North Pole only to discover this famous frozen site was now open water. For a generation that grew up reading the harrowing accounts of explorers such as American Richard Byrd trying to reach the North Pole as they battled bitter cold, ice, and snow, this new view taxed the imagination.  In its many earlier trips to the North Pole, the cruise ship had allowed passengers to disembark in order to be photographed standing on the ice. This time, the ship had to move several miles away to find ice thick enough for the photo session. If the explorers of a century or so ago had been trekking to the North Pole in the summer of 2000, they would have had to swim the last few miles.  Media reports of melting ice typically focus on individual glaciers or ice caps, but the ice is melting almost everywhere. Given that the 14 warmest years since recordkeeping began in 1866 have all occurred since 1980, this does not come as a surprise.   Water shortages are also in the news. Some of the world's major rivers are being drained dry, failing to reach the sea. Among them is the Colorado, the major river in the southwestern United States. In China, the Yellow River, the northernmost of the country's two major rivers, no longer reaches the sea for part of each year. In Central Asia, the Amu Darya sometimes fails to reach the Aral Sea because it has been drained dry by upstream irrigation.  Wells are going dry on every continent. As population expands and incomes rise, the demand for water is simply outrunning the supply in many countries. Those with money drill deeper wells, chasing the water table downward. Those unable to deepen their wells are left in a difficult position. The situation promises to become far more precarious, since the 3.2 billion people being added to world population by 2050 will be born in countries already facing water scarcity. With 40 percent of the world food supply coming from irrigated land, water scarcity directly affects food security. If we are facing a future of water scarcity, we are also facing a future of food scarcity. Since agriculture began, the earth's climate has been remarkably stable. Now the earth's temperature is rising, apparently due to the greenhouse effect—the warming that results from the rising concentration of heat-trapping gases, principally carbon dioxide (CO2), in the atmosphere. This rise in CO2 concentration comes from two sources: the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation. Each year, more than 6 billion tons of carbon are released into the atmosphere as fossil fuels are burned. Estimates of the net release of carbon from deforestation vary widely, but they center on 1.5 billion tons per year. The release of CO2 from these two sources is simply overwhelming nature's capacity to fix carbon dioxide. When the Industrial Revolution began in 1760, carbon emissions from the burning of fossil fuels were negligible. But by 1950, they had reached 1.6 billion tons per year, a quantity that was already boosting the atmospheric CO2 level. In 2000, they totaled 6.3 billion tons. (See Figure 2-1.) This fourfold increase since 1950 is at the heart of the greenhouse effect that is warming the earth. The carbon emissions of individual fossil fuels vary. Coal burning releases more carbon per unit of energy produced than oil does, and oil more than natural gas. The global fleet of 532 million gasoline-burning automobiles, combined with thousands of coal-fired power plants, are literally the engines driving climate change. In addition, in recent years the world has been losing 9 million hectares of forest per year. Forests store easily 20 times as much carbon per hectare as does land in crops. If the net loss of forests can be eliminated, this source of carbon emissions will disappear. In the northern hemisphere, the forested area is actually increasing by 3.6 million hectares a year.

• 和訳を教えて下さい!

以下の文の和訳を教えて下さい。 The strongest cellulose fibers were also 1.2 to 1.5 times as strong as wet-spun carbon nanotubes and graphene fibers, non-biobased materials prized for their strength. Artificially assembling these nanofibers makes something stronger than what nature produces, Mittal notes; scientists working on spider-silk-based materials have not made anything stronger than what comes from the spider. どなたか、お願い致します。