驚愕!哲学と数学のつながりとは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ある外国映画のシナリオに登場するAとBの会話。Bが述べる数学と哲学の関係に驚き、Pascalについて言及するA。しかし、彼はPascalの考えに失望し、キリスト教徒としての観念に合わないと語る。Bはマルクス主義者として生きており、Pascalの賭けがいまだに意味を持つと主張する。Bは歴史に意味があるかどうか疑問を持ちながらも、歴史に意味があると仮定し、それを選ぶことで生きることができると説く。Aは、Bが賭けることで生命の意味が得られると述べる。最後にBは、希望が無限に大きくなる場合には1/1000のチャンスを選ぶべきだと語る。
  • 外国映画のシナリオで、AとBの会話が展開される。AはPascalに失望し、キリスト教との整合性を欠くと感じる。一方のBはマルクス主義者であり、Pascalの賭けが依然として意味を持つと主張する。Bは歴史には意味があるか疑問を持ちながらも、意味があると仮定して生きることを選ぶ重要性を説く。Aは賭けの結果によって生命の意味が生じることを指摘し、Bの仮説への賛同を示す。最後にBは、希望が無限に大きくなる場合には1/1000のチャンスを選ぶべきだと述べる。
  • ある外国映画のシナリオに登場するAとBの会話。Bはマルクス主義者として生きており、Pascalの賭けがいまだに意味を持つと主張する。AはPascalに失望し、キリスト教との整合性を欠くと感じる。AとBは歴史の意味について議論し、Bは意味があると仮定して生きることの重要性を説く。Aは賭けの結果によって生命の意味が生じることを指摘し、Bの仮説への賛同を示す。最後にBは、希望が無限に大きくなる場合には1/1000のチャンスを選ぶべきだと述べる。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳願います。

以下は、ある外国映画のシナリオなのですが、どなたか、的確な日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか?よろしくお願い致します。AとBの二人の会話です。 A: Are you interested in mathematics? B: It’s increasingly important for a philosopher. In linguistics, for example.   But even basics things.   Pascal’s arithmetical triangle is connected to his wager.   That’s what makes Pascal so amazingly modern.   Mathematician and Philosopher are one. A: Good old Pascal. B: You surprised? A: Funny you mention him. I’m just now rereading him. B: And? A: I’m very disappointed. B: Go on. I’m really interested. A: Oh, I don’t know. I feel I know him almost by heart, yet he tells me nothing.    It all seems so empty.    I’m a Catholic, or at least I try to be, but he doesn’t fit in with my notion of Catholicism.    It’s precisely because I’m a Christian that his austerity offends me.    If that’s what Christianity is about, then I’m an atheist.   Are you still a Marxist? B: Absolutely. For a Communist, Pascal’s wager is very relevant today.   Personally, I very much doubt that history has any meaning.   Yet I wager that it has, so I’m in a Pascalian situation.   Hypothesis A: Society and politics are meaningless.   Hypothesis B: History has meaning.    I’m not at all sure B is more likely to be true than A.   More likely the reverse.   Let’s even suppose B has a 10 percent chance of being true, and A has 80 percent.   Nevertheless…   I have no choice but to opt for B, because only the hypothesis that history has meaning…   allows me to go on living.   Suppose I bet on A, and B was true, despite the lesser odds.   I’d have thrown away my life.   So I must choose B to justify my life and actions.   There’s an 80 percent chance I’m wrong, but that doesn’t matter. A: Mathematical hope.   Potential gain divided by probability.   With your hypothesis B, though the probability is slight, the possible gain is infinite.   In your case, a meaning to life.   In Pascal’s, eternal salvation. B: It was Gorky, Lenin or may be Mayakovsky who said about the Russian revolution   that the situation forced them to choose the one chance in a thousand.   Because hope became infinitely greater if you took that chance than if you didn’t take it. 以上、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 洋画
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

長すぎるのでかいつまんで説明すると カトリックであるAはパスカルに否定的です。 対するBはコミュニストの自分にとってパスカルは重要な意味を持つと主張します。社会と政治、もしくは歴史、どちらが意味のないものだろうか、と仮定を立て、歴史を擁護します。真実は反対であると心では理解している、が私は生きていく為にこちらを選ばざるをえないんだ、と。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。

I care so much about you I care about you more than I can say. And that caring and that feeling have a meaning that is more precious and more special to me than I can explain. But let me try to tell you this... Stying ''I care'' means that I will always do everything I can to understand. It means that I will never hurt you. It means that you can trust me. It means that you can tell me. What's wrong. It means that I will try to fix what I can,that I will listen When you need me to hear,and that ~even in your most difficult moment ~all you have to do is say tha word,and your hand and my hand will not be apart. It means that whenever you speak to me,whether words are spoken through a smile or theouge a tear... I will listen with my heart. I do care about you... In a very special wey. メッセージカードの柄としてあったので気になりました。お願いします

• この意味の翻訳をお願いします

I totally understand you sometimes things happen in life that we don’t understand why and I know also that GOD has a plan for for each and everyone of us and it is very difficult to see the reasoning behind it I just pray for all good things to happen for you

• 翻訳してくれませんか?!

翻訳してくれませんか?! 外国人の友達からメールで言われた言葉なんですが、曖昧な理解しかできなく 困ってます>< 翻訳してくれますでしょうか? I'm sorry to tell you but I'm seeing someone. Its difficult to wait for you and someone is very interested in me now. She is very nice and sweet. Ive asked you to be more sweet with me but I understand you never met me before. I guess we can just be friends. Hope you understand that I need to kiss, hold and make love to woman and it's been too long. I understand you cant promise me anything so I'm being honest with you that I'm seeing someone else.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Pretend you're an aspiring rocker for a minute. Pretend also you're in a band. You and your bandmates are working hard to break through in a highly competitive industry where success is a fleeting illusion perpetually inches out of your reach. Then pretend you get your big break. You ride the wave of success all the way onto the beach of fame and fortune. You've made it. You've succeeded. The world is now yours to secure or ruin. I'm guessing that nearly any musician who has attained the level of success that the members of let's say, Stone Temple Pilots, has attained can relate to the scenario depicted in the opening paragraph. Success is like that. You work hard to get there. You arrive. Then it's your choice to perpetuate your success or throw it away. Unfortunately in the recording industry that choice is not always yours. Unfortunately, sometimes your own band mates are the biggest threat to your future success.

• どなたか翻訳していただけないでしょうか

I missed on you . and I waited for you . To miss and wait is same ? For me is not present . When you wait , you do not wake up in five mornings, refusing the best dreams . Milk does not lose the taste . And when you miss ? yes "When day has ended , forget about everything that occurred . Never take with itself past luggage in new day .

• 翻訳お願いします

The shortfall is I am old and my memory is not what it once was, thank you for bringing that to my attention So I have checked and you are correct you have paid a total of $140.00 As you can see I did not originally charge you enough for shipping for both hosts I only charged you for shipping for one host now there are two hosts. OK lets start over you paid $90.00 and that completely covers the L2, we'll call that good ! So on the E2 here is the low down for the E2 host, it is $26.00 and the copper heat sink is $65.00 (normally I would charge $75.00 but you have been a good customer ) and the flat focus adapter is $20.00 shipping to you for this weight will be $12.00 and if sent as a gift then no PP fees so that would be a total of $111.00 You paid a deposit of $50.00 on 6-7-13 so the balance will be $61.00 round that off to $60.00 as a gift and I'll get em packed up and ready to go on Monday Let me know if that sounds right to you I don't want you to think I'm trying to pull the wool over your eyes or something

• 翻訳お願いします

Yes I make a heat sink for a C6 host in aluminum it is $15.00 and in copper it is $20.00 my heat sinks do not compare with ANY ONE else's as I make mine fit like a glove so the heat can get out and I put two set screws in every heat sink I make, there is no skimping on quality here ! I have yet to see a heat sink made by any one else here on LPF that is as good as mine !! When something cost cheap that is what you are going to get something cheap ! I have found over the years you usually get what you pay for

• 下記の英文の翻訳をお願いいたします。

自分で訳してみたのですが、どうもよく解らなくて困っています。 翻訳機でなく翻訳できる方にお願いいたします。 I understand your concern that item has returned to you by Shipping service as address description was wrong. I reviewed your order #103-2109678-8381029 and checked all the details precisely and found that the buyer address is correct and I have searched it on www.Google.com and I searched it successfully. I would like to inform you that you have to contact your postal service for correcting the details as buyer address is correct and the item is returned to you wrongly. I hope the information mentioned above helps in resolving your issue. どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳してほしいです。

メタリカのビヨンドマグネティックの歌詞なんですが。お願いします★ Hate is a train That thunders aimless through my head And hate is the fame Chained to the wheel until I'm dead Rage is a flame Creates a touch to boil the seas And rage is to blame Forever sorry I shall be And from a darkness I descend Clenching a torch of sweet revenge You took away tomorrow Still I stand I ride into the sorrow Still I stand You took away tomorrow Still I stand Straight down into the sorrow Still I stand Wrath is the name Branding suffer onto you And wrath takes the shame And holds me down until its through And from a darkness I descend Clenching a torch of sweet revenge You took away tomorrow Still I stand I ride into the sorrow Still I stand You took away tomorrow Still I stand I sink into the sorrow Still I stand And hate is a train That hungers for those flesh's call And hate takes the blame A beast that never slows at all And from a darkness I descend Clenching a torch of sweet revenge Burst into flame, the bitter end And shake these gates of hell again Cursed to drown in sorrow You took away tomorrow Still I stand I ride into the sorrow Still I stand You took away tomorrow Still I stand You left me here with sorrow Still I stand Still I stand

• 翻訳お願いしたいです。

When an animal has a toothache, it cannot just go to the dentist's office like people do. Fortunately, there is someone who can help.Dr.sarah de sanz is a people dentist' most of the time. She most often treats human patients in her dental office in the san Francisco area. However ,sometimes she must treat other patients who cannot come to her office-or even fit into a dentist's chair! What kind of patients are these?They are animals! Dr.de sanz is a part-time zoo dentist. Dr.de sanz and her father, Dr.paul Brown, who is also a dentist, work as a team in the san Francisco area.They do checkups, fillings,and other dental work on any animal that needs them. Dr. de sanz explains how it all starated.“My dad and I started working on animals together when I was in dental school,”she says.“He's great to work with, he's very patient, and we really enjoy working together.” Dr. de sanz's father says that he is hapy that she became a dentist.“I'm thrilled that Sarah has become a dentist!”he says. Dr. Brown then continues to talk about what they do, “I'm happy. I think it's a wonderful job,”he says.