• ベストアンサー

意味、逆では??

とあるエクササイズマシンの説明書で、 PULL-UP 1. Refer to the Variable Hand Grip Positions for Pull Ups (SEE Page 6 FIG 5). 2. Hold the desired Grips, then pull yourself up and lower yourself down in a slow, controlled manner. 3. Continue your workout until you feel you are no longer using good form. とありましたが、3. で困惑しています。you are no longer using ”bad” form. であればわかるのですが・・ 「正しい姿勢で出来るまで行えるまで続けてください」が本来、普通だと思うのですが。 誤字でしょうか?それとも何か口語表現なのでしょうか。教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

Continue your workout until you feel you are no longer using good form. ということは「(疲れて)正しい姿勢で運動が出来なるまで続行してください」と言う意味ではないでしょうか。すなわち「疲れて正しい姿勢が続けられなくなったら(運動を続けても意味がないから)やめなさい」ということじゃありませんかね。

charlie_rt
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 意味がよくわかりました。反語的?というか bad formになったらstopしてください、とあれば わかりやすかったのに・・

その他の回答 (2)

• 7kobito
  • ベストアンサー率18% (83/442)
回答No.3

until you are no longer using good form なら直訳すると「よい姿勢でいられなくなるまで」じゃないのかな

charlie_rt
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 useがあるので、良い姿勢を使える(使いこなす) などと考えていました。良い姿勢を保つ、ということですね。

noname#99860
noname#99860
回答No.1

詳しくないですが。 > until があり、 "till" でないので、 「これ以上はよいフォームを保てなくなりそうだ」と感「じない」うちは続けましょう。 くらいの意味です。多分。 日本語をベースに考えると理解しにくいところはありますね。

charlie_rt
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 untilとtillの使い分けがなかなか難しいです。

関連するQ&A

• Whenの意味合いを教えてください

And why have you made yourself so useless and good for nothing that no man will choose to receive you into his house, no man to take care of you? but if a utensil entire and useful were cast abroad, every man who found it would take it up and think it a gain; but no man will take you up, and every man will consider you a loss. So cannot you discharge the office of a dog, or of a cock? Why then do you choose to live any longer, when you are what you are?

• この場合の no longer の意味

ある決済サービスでクレジットカード情報を一旦削除したいのですが、次のようなメッセージが出ます。 Are you sure you want to remove this card from your Wallet? This card will no longer be available to use online or on your device. 「あなたのウォレットからこのカードを削除して本当によろしいですか? このカードはもはやオンラインやあなたのデバイスで使用できなくなります。」 この場合の「no longer /もはや~ない」の正確な意味は何でしょうか? まさか、「このカードをいったん削除すると二度と再登録出来ません」という意味ではありませんよね?もしそうなら私的に非常に困ってしまいます。 正しい意味を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• 【than】の用法について!!

以下の文の【than】の使い方がわかりません。助けてください!! You can than use what you learned from the running mechanics section to identify some common errors and quickly correct them. 宜しくお願いします。 (前後の文章) The first two days is a great time to record yourself using a video camera when you are completing the running workout. You can than use what you learned from the running mechanics section to identify some common errors and quickly correct them. You will be able to see common errors much easier if you have someone record yourself running at top speed.

• yourself

eigosuki様の質問文に便乗してすみません。下記文についての質問です。 Match yourself up with a person who appreciates you for the amazing person that you are. yourselfなのですがこれはMatchの目的語でしょうか?それとも強調として入っているのでしょうか? Match yourself up withをどのように解釈すればよいか教えてください。 ※Match up withで調べたら”【句動】 ~と調和{ちょうわ}する ”とありました。 以上よろしくお願い致します。

• 英文の和訳

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分になります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 When you meet your future Soul Mate the path of life is always made easier. Somewhere inside yourself you are no longer alone. So it will be easier to leave the past and move into the future then. Soul mate relationship have their problems too of course, some of which are karmic, old, stemming from past lives.

• for と that you are

Match yourself up with a person who appreciates you for the amazing person that you are. アメリカのHPを見てて、上の文の  for the amazing person that you are.. の for がどういう意味なのか、辞書や参考書を見ても今ひとつ分からないのですが、教えていただけないでしょうか? そして the amazing person that you are. は、「あなたがそうであるような(あなたと同じような)驚くべき人」という意味にとっていいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか。

すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか。 宜しくお願いいたします。 ↓ how are you! hope you are fine and in good health!!! o I see english is difficult for you. But no problem I can teach you :) O! you are going to Morocco. Take care of yourself. Hope to see you soon in Yemen. no I don`t but we will speak when you come to Sanaa. yours

• No ! I have many friends

So, are you traveling by yourself ? Yes, I'm alone. Oh, I'm so sorry. You have no friends ? No, I mean・・・・Yes!  I have many friends in Japan. You mean you're traveling alone. Yes !  上記の英文の No ! I mean ・・・・・Yes !の箇所がどういう意味かわかりません。    すみませんが詳しく解説してください、  よろしくお願いします。

• 英文 訳

No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading now, or you must surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance. (あなたは、たとえ自分がどんなに忙しいと思っても、今読書をする時間を見つけなければならない。さもなければ自ら選んだ無知に身をゆだねてしまうことになる。) この文のmayがなぜ入っているのかわかりません。解説お願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。ほしい商品について在庫の質問をしていました。すみませんが意味を教えて頂けませんか?お願い致します。 Hi I have these AAA at our office in the US, if you are interested I can give you 5% off these AAA below, these are one time prices since they were shipped to my office in the US and I don’t want to ship them back so I am offering them at a huge discount please let me know if you are interested. I also have a lot of other popular styles with only 2-5 in each style such as the Mansur AAA style, 1111 luggage and phantom styles, and many 2222 quilted AAA styles including boy please let me know if you are interested. Please see below, I can order the AAA for you however the below are the MOQ for the AAA, if you are interested and you can order the MOQ I can give you 5% off retail prices. This is a special price since you would have to order a bit more but please let me know if you are interested, the blank ones we can no longer order for you.