• ベストアンサー

証券用語

以下の証券用語がわかりません。shortは「売り」をあらわすので「売り」に関することなのですが。 「short list 」 「shortable stocks」 「short small cap」 一部文章 I want to be able to short small cap and illiquid stocks with poor availabilty at most brokers. IB's short list is utterly inadequate. IB shortable stocks are pretty limited at times.

• totmon
  • お礼率66% (213/319)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

short list これは証券用語というわけではなく、「選考候補リスト」のような意味で普通の辞書にも載っていると思います。 (選考過程の初期に作成される、多数の候補者が載っているlong listに対比する意味で)少数の候補が記載された「最終候補リスト」のニュアンスです。 ただ、文脈によっては「short(空売り)が可能な銘柄のリスト」の意味である可能性が無くはありません。 shortable stocks 空売り可能な株式(の銘柄) short small cap and illiquid stocks 資本金が小さく流動性が無い株を、空売りする small cap (=capital) stock 資本(金)が小さい株。日本でいうところの「小型株」に当たると思います。 illiquid stocks (市場での取引高・出来高が少なく)流動性がない株

totmon
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧なご説明ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.2

こんにちは。 資産運用の翻訳をしております。 大体#1さんと同様ですが・・・。 small cap はmarket capitalisation(時価総額)が小さい小型株のことです。 よってshort small capとは、「小型株の(空)売り」ですね。 I want to be able to short small cap and illiquid stocks with poor availabilty at most brokers. IB's short list is utterly inadequate. 「ほとんどの証券会社でポジション構築が困難な(手に入りにくい)流動性の低い株式と小型株を、(空)売り出来るようになりたい。 IB(international brokingの事でしょうか?)のリストでは全く不十分です。」 と言うことだと思います。

totmon
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧なご説明ありがとうございました。 IBはInteractive Brokersという証券会社名です。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

British engineers improvised sleds to move guns and wagons, with pack-mules being used to carry food and ammunition and on 8 March, ammunition lorries were able to move forward in the V Corps area. Behind the old British front line, the thaw badly affected roads, which had been in a very poor condition at the end of 1916, many were closed and others were limited to horse-drawn traffic. Railway transport was even worse affected, with Boulogne harbour blocked, the number of trains and wagons on the northern French railways far short of British requirements, the lines being congested and subject to traffic restrictions. Supply difficulties had also begun to increase on the Third Army and Fourth Army fronts before the German withdrawals. On 10 March, the Fifth Army took Grévillers Trench and Irles in a deliberate attack, which overwhelmed the German defence and took 215 prisoners. Fires could be seen behind Bapaume, with more visible behind the R.

• 急ぎです!英語の長文翻訳5問をお願いします…

急ぎです!英語の長文翻訳5問をお願いします… 1. His early deep pessimism that little could be done to improve the lot of poor gave way to a moderate hope that moral restraint combined with wise laws might improve living standards, lessen inequality, raise the status of women and promote freedom for the labouring poor. 2.Finding the time, energy and means to prepare nutritious meals for oneself and one's children poses a real challenge, especially as the temptation to choose convenience foods is very great. 3.In the area of economics, increased globalization has given consumers more choice. Also, multinational corporations are creating jobs in poor areas where people never before had such opportunities. Some critics, however, argue that increased investment and trade benefit only a small group of wealthy individuals and that, as a result, the gap between rich and poor grows both within and between countries. 4.Artists and entertainers have crossed gender, racial, generational, and international boundaries with unprecedented ease and have been able to break loose of often confining local cultures. Nowhere has this been more true than in the United States, where other cultures have refashioned national tastes and have even challenged the idea that there is a shared "american" culture at all. 5.We label things, and think we know them, ever since we named th beasts, but the more one looks at a drop of water, or a blade of grass, or gazes into someone else's eyes, the more extraordinary what one is looking at becomes. 解けるようなら、1問だけでもいいです… よろしくお願いします! 翻訳辞書での回答はご遠慮させていただきます…すいません

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Britain declared war on Germany on 4 August 1914 and on 9 August the BEF began embarking for France. Unlike Continental European armies, the BEF in 1914 was exceedingly small. At the beginning of the war the German and French armies numbered well over a million men each, divided into eight and five field armies respectively; the BEF had c. 80,000 soldiers in two corps of entirely professional soldiers made up of long-service volunteer soldiers and reservists. The BEF was probably the best trained and most experienced of the European armies of 1914. British training emphasised rapid-fire marksmanship and the average British soldier was able to hit a man-sized target fifteen times a minute, at a range of 300 yards (270 m) with his Lee–Enfield rifle. This ability to generate a high volume of accurate rifle-fire played an important role in the BEF's battles of 1914.

• claimの意味

My fiancé and I are marrying next spring. We both have large families and so have a limited number of friends on the guest list. Recently, a number of acquaintances have assumed they are invited to the wedding. Some of these assumptions come through social media (posting things like “Can’t wait to be at your wedding!” on my Facebook wall). Others have happened when I’ve run into neighbors or old school friends while visiting my hometown. Some have joked “I know I’m on the guest list, right?” or simply said “John and I are excited to be there.” So far, I’ve just deflected the comment or changed the subject without making any promises. What is the best and kindest way to let people know they aren’t invited, whether online or in-person? I can’t claim a small wedding because, well, it’s not. I can’t claim a small weddingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

On the east-facing northern flank near Laffaux, I Colonial Corps was able to penetrate only a few hundred yard into the defences of the Condé-Riegel (Condé Switch) and failed to take Moisy Farm plateau. Laffaux was captured and then lost to a counter-attack before changing hands several times, until finally captured on 19 April. To the east of Vauxaillon at the north end of the Sixth Army, Mont des Singes was captured with the help of British heavy artillery but then lost to a German counter-attack. The Sixth Army operations took c. 3,500 prisoners but no break-through had been achieved and at only one-point had the German second position been reached. On the second day Nivelle ordered the Fifth Army to attack north-eastwards to reinforce success, believing that the Germans intended to hold the ground in front of the Sixth Army. The Fifth Army was not able substantially to advance on 17 April but the Sixth Army, which had continued to attack overnight, forced a German withdrawal from the area of Braye, Condé and Laffaux to the Siegfriedstellung, which ran from Laffaux mill to the Chemin des Dames and joined the original defences at Courtecon. The German retirement was carried out urgently and many guns were left behind, along with "vast" stocks of munitions. The French infantry reached the new German positions with an advance of 4 miles (6.4 km).

• 証券用語→注文+出来≒約定???

証券についてなんですが、 注文:買う、もしく売るの情報を出すこと。 出来:売買が成立すること。 この流れから見ると、注文→出来→→売買成功 約定という用語があります。 約定:注文が執行され売買が成立すること。 「約定」という言葉は、「注文+出来」とはほぼ同じと聞いたのですが、どこが違うのでしょうか? 学生なので、用語がよくわかりません。詳しい方、よろしくお願いします。

• 証券用語の long/short の語源について

証券・相場の用語で long / shot ロング/ショートという言葉があり、日本語では「買い持ち・売り持ち」「買いポジション・売りポジション」と訳されています。ときどき語源を検索してみるのですが、極めて広範に用いられている言葉なのに、どうも語源がはっきりしません。語源がはっきりしないこと自体は、よくあることなので仕方ないのですが、証券用語としてのロング・ショートの語源をきちんと調べて結論を出した(語源不詳という結果であれ)文献はどれなのか、つまり、参考文献として挙げてよいような文献が見つからないのが困ります。 ご存知の方がいらっしゃいましたら、ぜひご教示ください。 個人的には、「株(などの証券)を買って値上がりを待つのは時間がかかるからロング、値下がりは一般にスピードが速いのでショート」という(民間語源的な)説明が好きです。また、「I am a bit short of cash now.=いまちょっと持ち合わせがなくてね」といった語法から、「お金がない(持ってない)のに売る」=「ショート」となり、ロングはその自然な類推からの反対語、という推測も妥当かもしれないとは思います。

• 高校生の英語より中学生レベルの英文が読みにくい

変なことなんですが高校2、3年の英文に慣れると中学生レベルの英文が読みにくく感じます 簡単に読めることに越したことはないのですが英文が単純すぎて読みにくいというか、例を挙げると小学生低学年の国語の教科書と新聞の記事では新聞の記事のほうが読みやすいというか・・・ 説明がとても下手で申し訳ございませんがこんな感じに思う人はいませんか? 英文で例を挙げると 1. What we can do is still limited, but the result of mastering this technology could change our lives and our society beyond anything we can imagine today. We might be able to solve environmental problems such as global warming and air pollution. We also be able to enjoy a much longer life span without suffering from serious illnesses like cancer. It would be seem, therefore, that nanotechnology offers the promise of a happy future, but we have to be aware of fact that, as with nay new technology, there may be dangers. Even Drexler, a strong supporter of nanotechnology, has some reservations. 2. Sergio Benitez was a bad boy.When he became 20, he went to see the local priest for help.The priest turned him out of the church without listening to him at all.Sergio decided to become a priest and help poor children.He studied very hard. Ten years later, he became a priest.One after another, children came to him.At first, there are about 25 children.Teaching children was hard to him. But earning enough money for them was harder than that. 1と2の文では1の英文のほうが読みやすくないですか?

• ETFs(証券用語)の解説文の質問

以下の文章に関して質問がございます。 (1)「put ETFs within the reach of small investors.」 ここの意味が分かりません、直訳だと主語は、ETFsを小額投資家のthe reach(なにか不明)の間に置くとなるのですが。 (2)shows these offerings have several strikes against them 提供されたファンド オブ ファンドをよく見てみるとETFsと衝突することがある。と言うことでしょうか? また、ここのstrikes againstの詳細なニュアンスが分かりません。 (3)worse from a cost perspective than a good old-fashioned, low-cost open-ended index fund. S worse from A than Bとなっていますが、これはSはAの観点からBより悪いと考えてよいでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。 The rapid growth and attractions (i.e., low expense ratios and flexibility) of ETFs has been well documented. One of the big knocks against them, however, has been that commission and trading costs can quickly turn ETFs' low-cost advantage into a disadvantage, especially for rapid traders or small investors who want to make regular, monthly contributions to their portfolios. In recent years some fund firms have launched funds-of-funds that, at first glance, appear to put ETFs within the reach of small investors. A closer look, however, shows these offerings have several strikes against them. In fact in most cases they are no more desirable than an account at a cut-rate online broker, and considerably worse from a cost perspective than a good old-fashioned, low-cost open-ended index fund.

• 音楽用語にこんな用語はありますか?

音楽で、【意図的にリズムを外す技法】はありますか? その技法の名前があれば教えてください。 その技法が得意な方の名前や動画も知りたいです。 お願いします。