What does this English sentence mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I received an email from an American acquaintance, but I don't understand some parts.
  • I'm not sure what 'nervous breaking' means. Does it mean feeling down?
  • I'm having trouble understanding the rest of the sentence after 'I tend to like karaoke but I gotta' stop cracking every time I sing.'
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

この英語の文章の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカ人の知り合いから、次のようなメールを頂いたのですが、ところどころわかりません。 You got quite a talent in karaoke and you sing pretty darn good. You know I tried that and it's so nervous breaking. I tend to like karaoke but I gotta' stop cracking every time I sing. However, I'm limited to songs so I don't know much. I sang one of Micheal Jackson's songs. nervous breaking は、「落ち込む」ような感じでしょうか? I tend to like karaoke but I gotta' stop cracking every time I sing. However, I'm limited to songs so I don't know much. 「私は、カラオケが好きな方ですが、、」みたいな感じだと思うのですが、その後が全くわかりません。 返事ができずに困っています。どうぞよろしくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

あなたのカラオケの才能は大したもので、歌はなかなか上手ですね。私もやってみたことがありますがなかなか神経を使います。カラオケは好きな方ですが、歌を歌う度に声が割れる(=特に高音で声が涸れること)のは困ります。しかし歌の数が少なく、知っている歌はあまりありません。マイケル・ジャクソンの歌を一つ歌いました。     Wow, Michael Jackson's song? Fantastic!     「うわー。マイケルの歌なんて、すっごーい」     あたりの返事はいかがでしょう。

kumakororo
質問者

補足

ご回答ありがとうございます!! nervous breaking 「神経を使う」なんですね! I gotta' stop cracking every time I sing. は、 I have to stop cracking なのでしょうか? 「cracking するのをstopしなければいけない」→「声がわれる」 という感じで考えればいいのでしょうか? gotta' よくわからなくて、いつも困ってしまいます。 ご回答頂けますと、嬉しいです。よろしくお願い致します。

関連するQ&A

• この文章の意味ですが・・疑問文

疑問文ではないのですよね? Can I have your profile name so I know not to bother you again. 再び嫌な思いをさせない事を知ってます。 私はあなたのプロフィールの名前を持つ事ができます・・ なのでしょうか?翻訳でやってもこうでてしまいますが、何か おかしいです。

• この文章の意味を教えてください。

英語を勉強しようとペンパルを探して語源交換をしているのですが、 『If you wnant to know word, I look words up to you, Do you know Hiragana?』 とメールしたところこのように返信がきました。 As for words, how would I say something is tough or difficult? and the only Hirigana. I can think of is writing yes? or am i wrong on that? この言葉はなんていうかってきいてるとおもうのですが、どういう意味でしょうか、 教えてください。

• 英語の意味を教えてください

海外のレストランをネットで予約したのですが・・・ これはどういう意味なのでしょうか? 川沿いの席を希望したのですが・・・・ We will also like to inform you that your reservation will be hold for 15 minutes. Sorry for any inconvenience cause and thanks for your kind understanding. I am so sorry to inform you that we are unable to take in the reservation by the river due to unpredictable weather and overwhelming request form guest, however if there is any table available by the river when you arrive, we will try our best to arrange for you and your guest. Kindly keep us informed at your earliest convenience, so we can process your reservation. Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to let us know, and we would be most happy to assist you. We look forward to serving you soon.

• 英語に翻訳してくださいm(_ _)m

相手からの why was it so hard. You gotta get some rest when you get home! No I didn't it was my second day off today but I have to go back to work starting tomorrow. I hope you have a great rest of your day though. I'm know you can get through it just fine, I believe in you.に、 『今修学旅行時期で店が混んでるの。 ありがとう。今日は少し早めに寝る。 あなたも明日仕事頑張ってね* またね。おやすみ*』と返したいです。 『』を英語に翻訳してくださいm(_ _)m

• 英語→日本語に翻訳願いますm(_ _)m

どなたか下記の英文の和訳をよろしくお願いします! (1)Feet kind of freak me out I don't know why but I don't really like to touch them even my own. (2)Again the way you speak its as if you know my thoughts as if you know my prayers to God and what I spoke I desired in a woman. (3)You are so amazing and I am so excited to continue to dig deeper into who you are. (4)You treat me so well.

• 英語の訳を教えてください!

You know why I hired you? I always hire the same girl...stylish,slender,of course...worships the magazine. But so often they turn out to be...I don't know,disappointing. And stupid.So you,with that impressive resume,and the speech about your so-called work ethic,I thought you would be different. I said to myself,go ahead. Take a chance. Hire the smart,fat girl.

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

この文章の和訳をお願いします。 just HAD to share. I can take it down, just say so! I’m this 50 year old Dutch woman who saw your drawings: You are so talented! I hope you know!!! インスタグラムでイラストにコメントをもらったのですが、 いまいち意味がわからないので和訳を教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語単語を並べ替えて意味の通る文章にする問題です

そんなに難しくはなさそうなのですが いまいちよく分からない上に答えがありません どなたかお力添えを頂けると助かります 意味の通る英文になるように()内の単語を並べ替えなさい  ・ ( go  You  to  must ) the hospital.  ・ I ( need  tonight  study  to).  ・ Please ( not do on the step grass ).  ・ My name is Sayaka ( call but Saya me please).  ・ ( very I during the was nervous ) intervew. 以上になります お手数ですが和訳も合わせて記入して頂けると助かります 宜しくお願い致します。

• この文章を上手く伝えたい

地元から東京に電車で通ってるから大変だけど、色んな企業と人を知れて面白いよ。正規授業は初めてでしょ。緊張しすぎないように頑張ってね。   I go to tokyo by train during job-hunting ????? but it is fun because i can know many companies and person. this is the first academic class for you right? good luck and dont be too nervous! 誰か添削お願いします。

• 質問なんですが...

質問なんですが... テレビでやっていた会話なのですが... 司会者の人が 「What do you do with each other?」 と質問していて そこにいたモデルさんたちが 「Why are you so nervous...」 「I know, I know!!」 と言っていたんですが.... これはどういう意味なんですか?? 教えてくださいm(_)m