映画1408の謎について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • アメリカの映画『1408』について、字幕の謎が解けないという話題があります。
  • 主人公が本のサイン会で怖かった場所について語るシーンで、謎の言葉が出てきます。
  • インターネットやwikipediaで検索しても結果が出ず、その意味がわからないとのことです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

映画1408について

先日、アメリカの方で「1408」という映画のDVDを 見たのですが良く分からない字幕が出てきました。 主人公のオカルトライターが書いた本のサイン会で 「今までで一番怖かったところは?」 と聞かれた際、 「I would say Bar Harbor,the site of the grisly McTeig wedding night murders.」 といいました。 インターネットやwikipediaでMcTeigを検索したところ まったく結果が出ずここの意味が理解できず消化不良と いった感じです。 もし何かご存知であればご教授下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• 洋画
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • -___
  • ベストアンサー率68% (193/283)
回答No.1

人名(名字)だと思います。「マクタイグ家の結婚式の夜に起こった殺人事件の現場の光景」ということではないでしょうか。 アイルランド系の名字にはMcやMacで始まるものがあり、「~の息子」という意味になります。例えば、マクドナルド(McDonald)は「ドナルドの息子」という意味の名字です。ポール・マッカートニー(McCartney)、スティーブ・マックイーン(McQueen)、マッカーサー元帥(MacArthur)、冒険野郎マクガイバー(MacGyver)、ジョン・マクレーン(McClane)などなど。 http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E4%BA%BA#.E3.82.A2.E3.82.A4.E3.83.AB.E3.83.A9.E3.83.B3.E3.83.89.E4.BA.BA.E3.81.AE.E4.BA.BA.E5.90.8D なお、この映画は日本では来年公開なので、その際には日本語字幕でほんとのところを確かめてください。 http://www.movie-eye.com/lineup/2006/08/14081408.html

ruru0913
質問者

お礼

アイルランド系の名字という事で検索したところ英語のWikipediaでList of Irish surnames starting with Mという項目のところにありました! 今回は詳しく書いていただきどうもありがとうございました! とても助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の仮定法の問題

次の3つの日本語訳を教えてください。 1.If I were to win first prize in the speech contest,I would say thank you to my teacher first. 2.You said,"we don't need umbrellas." But if it should rain,we would be in trouble. 3.Without the bar of chocolate,she couldn't have survived in the moutains. お願いしますm(_ _)m

• What can I say? の意味

What can I say?の意味についての質問です。 We'er going to make a night of it ; we'll get dressed up and have a late dinner after the show. Would you be up for that? What can I say? It would be my first time at the Met ; I could not say no. I'm sold. (一晩たっぷり楽しみましょう、ドレスアップして、講演の後で遅いディナーを食べるの。行く気ある?) (行くも行かないもないよ。僕、メトロポリタンなんて行くの初めてだよ。断るわけないだろ。心は決まってるよ。) 上記の英文は、オペラの公演に誘おうとしているシーンでの会話です。 「What can I say?」が「行くも行かないもないよ。」と訳されているのですが、いまいち「私は何を言えるのだろうか?」という意味からは、そのような訳になるとは思えません。このような訳になる理由を教えていただけないでしょうか? もう1つ質問がございます。 All they did was update it a little bit. (ほんのちょっと現代版にしてあるだけよ。) 上記に英文でupdateがおかしいと思ったのです。もし動詞ならupdatedでなくていけないし、名詞ならupdate of it とofが必要になる。このupdateは一体何なのでしょうか?

• どのような意味でしょうか

I’m a 25-year-old woman getting married in the summer. My mother is very old-fashioned and proper, and does not believe in sex before marriage. She also believes that my husband and I are virgins and will remain that way until our wedding night. Both of us have been sexually active since high school! My older sister told me that my mom is planning on giving me a sex talk and explaining how everything works and “how to please a man” before my wedding. I would like nothing less than to listen to my mother explain sex to me, would like nothing less than toはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語

1:It's our wedding anniversary next Tuesday,and by then we( ) married for ten years. (1)are (2)will have (3)will have been (4)would have 2:The children ( )veryquiet I wonder what theyare doing. (1)was (2)were (3)had been (4)are being 3:Jane won't be able to attend the party tonight? Why not? She say her son's caught a cold and she ( ) care of him. (1)must be taking (2)must have taken (3)will be taking (4)will have been taking 解答と訳をお願いします

• TOEICの英文について質問

Say,Lawrence,are you going to come out with us for a drink tonight? (ねえ、ローレンス、今晩私達と一緒にのみに行く?) They have a special two-for-one on margaritas at the Sportsman's Bar. (スポーツマンズバーでね、マルガリータが2杯で1杯分の特別料金なのよ) All six of us are going to be there and with you it would be seven. (私達6人はみんなそこへ行くつもり、だからあなたがいっしょだと7人ね) 質問1:2文目のTheyについて、これは何を指しているのでしょうか?漠然とした一般の人々でしょうか? 質問2:質問1に関連して、haveは動詞で「・・・を食べる,飲む」という意味だったのでしょうか? 質問3:3文目のitについて、これは「us」を代名詞として指しているのでしょうか?

• 和訳をお願いします。

入院と自動車学校のため、勉強できませんでした。 5日後にテストがあります、お手伝いをお願いします。 Most of the time these Arabs led a frugal life,eating little.But when travelers arrived,the Arab tradition of hospitality meant that a big dinner party would be held.The Arab women would spend most of the day cooking for their party.There would be only one course,a huge copper dish filled to overflowing with mutton and rice.This would be placed,still steaming,in the middle of the circle of men.The cooks would pour pot after pot of hot mutton fat in to the dish.The men would roll up the sleeve of the right arm as far as the elbow and then dip into the mutton and rice.The idea was to make little ball of rice and meat and fat and then flick this into your mouth with your thumb,much like firing a marble.Lawrence always waited before starting to eat because the mutton fat was so hot it could scald your fingers.When the men had finished ,the women and children came to eat.Then it was the dogs’turn,until nothing was left.This happend in every camp until Lawrence hoped never to see mutton again. After the feasting came talk of the mission,the attack on Akaba.At first the Arabs would say that this was impossible,but slowly,listening Lawrence and Auda,they would change their mind.By the time Lawrence was ready to cross the desert for the attack,there were enough Arabs with him to make the chances of success reason ably good.But before any battle there was the desert,one of the hottest and driest in the world,to cross.It was a terrible journey.Each Arab carried his water bag and a few pounds of flour to make a rough kind of bread in theashes of thecampfire.Lawrence carried the same ,plus a few bars of chocolate.Ar each well the men and the camels would drink deeply and then go for dats on just a few sips of water.The band frew to about five hundred men, and when they found their way to Akaba blocked by aTurkish force at a place called Aba el Lissan,they felt strong enough to attack.They surrounded the Turks during the night.

• You get out what you put in, as the

You get out what you put in, as they say.の意味がわかりません。どう言う意味か教えて頂けますか、下記文の最後に出てきます。宜しくお願い致します。 Do you have to work long hours? Yes. I have to work a long day. I start at 7 in the morning and often do not leave the office before 7 at night. You must be very busy. What do you do? I am in the field of financial management. We look after people's money for them. Even though I do not like my job, I do not think I would like to work 12 hours a day. To be successful you have to work hard. You get out what you put in, as they say.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

Captain Caulfeild ordered the harbor swept for mines during 2 November and well into the next day. During the sweeping, the Force "B" commander, Aitken, began the unopposed landing of troops and supplies in two groups at the harbor and three miles east of the city on a mine-free beach. By evening on 3 November, the invasion force was ashore with the exception of the 27th Mountain Battery and the Faridkot Sappers. At noon on 4 November, Aitken ordered his troops to march on the city. Well concealed defenders quickly broke up their advance. The fighting then turned to jungle skirmishing by the southern contingent and bitter street-fighting by the harbor force. The Gurkhas of the Kashmiri Rifles and the 2nd Loyal North Lancashire Regiment of the harbour contingent made good progress; they entered the town, captured the customs house, and Hotel Deutscher Kaiser and ran up the Union Jack. But then the advance was stopped. Less-well trained and equipped Indian battalions of the 27th (Bangalore) Brigade scattered and ran away from the battle. The 98th Infantry were attacked by swarms of angry bees and broke up. The bees attacked the Germans as well, hence the battle's nickname. British propaganda transformed the bee interlude into a fiendish German plot, conjuring up hidden trip wires to agitate the hives. The 13th Rajputs failed to play a significant role in the battle as their morale had been shaken when witnessing the retreat of the 63rd Palamcottah Light Infantry. Dead Indian soldiers of the British force on the beach at Tanga The colonial volunteers of the 7th and 8th Schützenkompanien [rifle companies] arrived by rail to stiffen the pressed Askari lines. The normally mounted 8th Schützenkompanie had left their horses at Neu Moshi. By late afternoon on 4 November, Lettow-Vorbeck ordered his last reserves, the 13th and 4th Askari Feldkompanien (field companies) – the 4th had just reached Tanga by train), to envelop the British flank and rear by launching bayonet attacks along the entire front to “bugle calls and piercing tribal war cries.” At least three battalions of the Imperial Service Brigade would have been wiped out to a man, if they had not taken to their heels. All semblance of order vanished as Force B's retirement “degenerated into total rout.” Still outnumbered eight to one, caution overtook some of the German officers. Through a series of errors by the buglers and misunderstandings by an officer to disengage and consolidate, Askari withdrew to a camp several miles west of Tanga. As soon as Lettow-Vorbeck learned of this, he countermanded the move and ordered a redeployment that was not completed until early morning. “For nearly all of the night [before sunrise 5 November], Tanga was Aitken's for the taking. It was the most stupendous irony of the battle.”

• わからない個所を教えてください。

In your head is the key. And I know in that moment that Jamie has already understood me better than my parents and everyone else ever have. I meet his eyes with a surge of gratitude pushing up inside me. I want to say something, but I can’t imagine what.(前回の終わりの部分です) ‘Hey,’ he says. ‘I know.’ His eyes are suddenly bright with inspiration. ‘Ask if I can come over to your house this weekend. To stay, I mean. There’s an annual in one of the boxes with whole stories in it – fourteen episodes, one after the other, so you don’t have to wait a week or find the next issue. I could read it to you, if you want.’ He says this last almost shyly, as if he’s afraid I might say no. ‘That would be great!’ I say. ‘I really like them.’ ‘Yeah,’ he says. ‘Me too.’ Downstairs I hear the sounds of people moving about – his parents, I suppose. He glances towards the door and sighs. ‘It’s time for lunch,’ he says. ‘I’d better go.’ ‘Oh. And me,’ I say. ‘But I’ll see you later.’ ‘Yeah.’ ‘Don’t forget to ask about the weekend,’ he says. ‘Ask if I can stay the night.’ ‘I will,’ I promise. In the darkness, there is the shape of a figure: pale, outlined against the shadows. ****************************************** 主人公のAlexはartistで、展示会に備えるために、幼い頃過ごしたイタリアに戻ってきています。この英文は幼い頃の回想シーンです。 There’s an annual in one of the boxes with whole stories in it – fourteen episodes, one after the other, so you don’t have to wait a week or find the next issue. の個所は、どういうことを言っているのでしょうか? annualは年刊の、という意味ですか?? 教えてください。お願いします。

• 会話文なんですが和訳お願いします!

会話文なんですが和訳お願いします! インタビュアー You have started in bridal. You're dealing with women at their most vulnerable. Every woman wants perfection for her wedding day and is far more demanding than she would be of an evening gown or a daytime er outfit デザイナー Well it's every woman's Oscar. That's what I always say. But in a way it is true. I think it's most public moment. And it's also about your most private feelings. So thatparticular combination is unique and from the very beginning in the bridal business I have had very much to deal with clients on a one-on-one basis, and that's given me tremendous insight that um perhaps is irreplaceable, I think, to really be with them through this process of going from being a woman to becoming a bride to becoming a mate. And I think that transformation is something that occurs during the engagement process and as a result I'm usually the one they call first after the engagement ring. So I sort of live through that transformation with them. ある女性デザイナー(主にウエディングドレスを手がける)のインタビュー番組です。 内容がどうしてもつかめません… 長文ですがよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m