• ベストアンサー

ハワイの観光地に詳しい方へ・・・

ハワイ島のキホロ・ベイ(Kiholo Bay)にあるクイーンズ・バス(海岸際にある淡水池)にかんする記述で以下のような英文がありました。 As you walk south to the freshwater pond, don’t overlook the Queen’s Bath, a freshwater swimming hole that appears deceptively small but actually extends back into the rock for about 40ft. Look for a ***makai opening in the trees*** after you pass the ***gargantuan yellow estate and tennis courts.*** 最後の一文にある makai opening in the trees と、gargantuan yellow estate and tennis courts はいったい何のことでしょうか?観光名所だと思うのですが大文字になっていないところをみるとそうでないのかも。。。該当する場所をご存知の方がいらっしゃれば、是非教えていただきたいのですが。 宜しくお願いいたします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#12519
noname#12519
回答No.1

こんにちは。ハワイ語で,makaiは海側,maukaが山側だそうです。方向を指す言葉として,ハワイの人たちは普通に使っています。それから,gargantuanというのは,ラブレーという作家のGargantuaという小説及び同名の主人公(巨大で大食い)から来ていて,「巨大な」という意味だと思います。ということで,この説明文の大意は,  この淡水池は小さそうに見えるけど,だまされてはいけません。後方の岩場に40フィートも続いているんですから。海側の木立の中に入り口があるから探してみてくださいね。黄色い豪邸とテニスコートを過ぎたところですよ。 ってな感じでしょうか。

deargreenfield
質問者

お礼

なるほど、池の入り口なんですね!やっとわかりました。ありがとうございました。(お礼がおくれてすみません・・)

その他の回答 (1)

• Pikake
  • ベストアンサー率55% (80/143)
回答No.2

こんにちは!ハワイ、オアフ島在住の者です。 家にあったガイドブックから、hokuleiaさんの回答にちょっと補足させて頂きます。 ・makai opening in the trees Queen's Bathはlava tube(溶岩トンネル)からつながって来ているそうなので、この場合のopeningは『口が開いた所』『穴』(waterhole)の事かと思います。ちなみにこの溶岩トンネルの壁にはペトログリフがたくさん彫られていて、中を歩く事もできるようです。潮の満干によって水位が変わるので注意、ウォータープルーフの懐中電灯を必携との事。 ・gargantuan yellow estate and tennis courts 黄色い豪邸とテニスコート。これは心臓ペースメーカーを発明された方の邸宅だそうです。そのテニスコートから南に100~200ヤード行った所、海から40フィートの所に、Queen's Bathがあります。トレイルからちょっと山側で、見過ごしやすいので注意。 以上、参考になりましたでしょうか!?

deargreenfield
質問者

お礼

詳しい情報をありがとうございました!とても参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• いつもすみません、また英文和訳をお願いします。

現在英語圏の女性を付き合っています、まだ、彼女といえるかわからない微妙なところです。 しかし、昨日あることで、ちょっとした喧嘩をしました。その日分かれるときに軽いキスをして分かれましたが、今朝以下のメールが届きました、以前自分で訳したのですが、英訳の勘違いが多かったので今回よろしくお願いします。 When you truly care for someone, you don't look for fault and for answers and for mistakes instead, You fight the mistakes, accept the faults and you overlook excuses!!! GOOD DAY(ハートマーク3つ)

• すみません続けて和訳教えて下さい

Tennis brings you in contact with people of influence and people of affairs.

• thatについて

But according to some native American tribes, hunters killed a great bear in the sky. Its blood turned some leaves red, and while the hunters cooked it in a pot, its fat turned some leaves yellow. I love that story, but what I love, too, about fall and the fall foliage is it bitter sweet quality. There's something melancholy about the beautiful leaves falling from the trees. You know that song, "Autumn in New York." That sums it up for me, that mingling of love and pain. この英文の最後の行の That sums it up for me, that mingling of love and pain.  that が2つ書かれてますが、それぞれ何を指してるのですか?どう訳していけば良いのですか? 教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• ハワイから送られてきた抵当権関係?の書類について

こんにちは。 ハワイから送られてきた書類(抵当権関係?)について、おわかりになる方がいらっしゃったら教えてください。 私は射撃が趣味で、25年くらい前からハワイの某野外ガンクラブに自分のお金で私専用の銃を買ってもらい、毎年保管料を払ってハワイで射撃を楽しんできました。今回、そのガンクラブのオーナー(チーフインストラクター)から以下のようなメールが来ました。 翻訳サイトで翻訳して、どうやら抵当権に関係するようですが、どうも危ないもののように思います。 抵当権に詳しい方がいらっしゃったら、もし私がこれに署名して送った場合にどのようなことになるのか教えてください。 (このガンクラブでは以前から納得できないトラブルが多くありましたので、基本的には断ってこのガンクラブは辞めるつもりではいます。) なお、以下に貼り付けたメールの内容と、書類の添付ファイルでは、個人名や会社名などはAAAA、BBBB、XXXXなどに変更してあります。 以下が送られてきたメールです。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ (私の名前)-san: I have request (yokyu). I need dokyumento attached to be signed by you in front of koshojin. If koshojin ask you, you are "Lender" (Kashite). Then mail to me (ハワイの宛先) There is no problem created for you to do this. No trouble with with anyone for this. When you do this for me, this year no storage fee for guns and if you come to Hawaii this year to shoot, same ammo amount as last year is muryo de (no cost). If you do not do, then do not come Hawaii to shoot, I will not accept your reservation. From Hawaii, AAAA --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 以下が添付されてきた書類の内容です。 ----------------------- Page 1----------------------- LAND COURT SYSTEM | REGULAR SYSTEM ___________________________________________________________ RETURN BY: MAIL [ ] PICKUP [ ] TMK: (1) 4-2-077-086 RELEASE OF MORTGAGE WHEREAS, AAAA and BBBB , husband and wife, (“Mortgagors”) executed that certain “Real Estate Mortgage” dated July 13, 1998 and recorded in the Bureau of Conveyances, State of Hawaii on July 16, 1998 as Document No. 12-345678, (hereinafter “MORTGAGE”), in favor of XXXXXXX COMPANY, LIMITED (“Lender” or “Mortgagee”) to secure the sums owing under an unrecorded promissory note; and WHEREAS, all sums secured by the MORTGAGE have been fully and completely paid; ----------------------- Page 2----------------------- NOW, THEREFORE, the undersigned does hereby cancel and discharge said MORTGAGE and forever releases all of the estate and interest acquired by Lender under the terms of said MORTGAGE in the property therein described. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned has executed these presents this _____ day of ____________, 2015. XXXXXXX COMPANY, LIMITED By: Director “Lender” or “Mortgagor” 2 ----------------------- Page 3----------------------- STATE OF HAWAII ) ) ss. CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU ) On ____________________, 2015, before me personally appeared __________________, to me personally known, who being by me duly sworn or affirmed, did say that such person(s) is the _______________________ of Colony Mortgage Company, Limited, and executed the foregoing instrument as the free act and deed of said Company, and if applicable in the capacity shown, having been duly authorized to execute such instrument in such capacity. _____________________________ xxxxxxxx State of Hawaii My commission expires:

• 『The sound of summer ~』

Ray Bradburyの『The sound of summer running』という短編からの質問です。 Well, he felt sorry for boys who lived in California where they wore tennis shoes all year and never knew what it was to get winter off your feet, peel off the iron leather shoes all full of snow and rain and run barefoot for a day and then lace on the first new tennis shoes of the season, which was better than barefoot. The magic was always in the new pair of shoes. The magic might die by the first of September, but now in late June there was still plenty of magic, and shoes like these could jump you over trees and rivers and houses. And if you wanted, they could jump you over fences and sidewalks and dogs. “Don’t you see?” said Douglas. “I just can’t use last year’s pair.” For last year’s pair were dead inside. They had been fine when he started them out, last year. But by the end of summer, every year, you always found out, you always knew, you couldn’t really jump over rivers and trees and houses in them, and they were dead. But this was a new year, and he felt that this time, with this new pair of shoes, he could do anything, anything at all. They walked up on the steps to their house. “Save your money,” said Dad. “In five or six weeks—” “Summer’ll be over!” ************************* they wore tennis shoes all year and never knew what it was to get winter off your feet, peel off the iron leather shoes all full of snow and rainについてですが it was to get winter off your feet~は、be動詞+to不定詞で、「あなたの足から冬を取り去ることになる」という予定の意味ですか? all full of snow and rainが、文にどのようにつながるのかわかりません。前置詞がないような?それとも the iron leather shoesと all full of snow and rainの間で切れているのか・・? ************************* last year’s pair were dead inside.の個所について deadは「すたれた」の意味ですか? ************************** 教えていただけるとありがたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• for~について

お世話になります。 以下の文についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 I appreciate the quick return of my deposit and for the information about homes for sale and real estate agencies in Florida. and for the information のforは不要ではないのでしょうか? 理由:appreciateが目的語をとり、the information もappreciateの目的語になると考えましたので。 お知恵をいただけないでしょうか。 どうぞ宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• ハワイの方へのお礼状について

ハワイで荷物と車の盗難にあい、警察に届けたんですが、日が暗くなるのもかかわらず警察はバス代の4ドルをくれただけでした。その時親切にその会話に入ってくれ、結局1時間以上かかるホテルまで送ってくださった方へお礼状を書きました。以下その全文を掲載します。誤りやおなしなところをご指摘頂ければと思います。よろしくお願いします。 Thank you indeed for very indebted for the other day.We saflly returned home to japan on ○○. thanks to you,it becomes a very wonderful haneymoon.Meeting above all ○○(名前)became the highest memories for us.It was over whelmed beauifully in the sea in that day Hawaii,and we inadvertently forgot luggage and had bubbled over.Backing is stolen,and even car has lost us.Even if we wish to express our gratitude to ○○ who called it gently such us.It is possible to finish doing.It was a very sad affair it was in the theft.However,because the thing had existed,it was able to meet you.It was thoght that the parson was big though it obtained than the lost thing.Hawaii is ground of the depareture we for married couples.Then,I think the things that it was able to meet a wonderful person like you to be a really glad.It wanted gratitude to tell and tebleware of Japan was send.,,,,,,,,, これをおこした和文は以下の通りです。 先日は大変お世話になり有難うございました。○日に無事に日本に帰国致しました。おかげさまでとても素敵なハネムーンとなり、なによりも○○さんと出会えたことが私たちにとっての最高の思い出となりました。あの日ハワイの海の綺麗さに圧倒され、私たちはついつい荷物のことを忘れはしゃぎすぎていました。バックを盗まれ車まで失った私たちに優しく声をかけて下さった○○さん達には本当に感謝してもしきれません。盗難にあったことは大変にショックな出来事でしたが、○○サン達とであうことが出来、あとになって思うと失う物より得るものの方が大きくとてもよい経験をさせてもらったと思ってます。 ハワイは私達夫婦にとって出発の地です。そこで○○さんたちのような、素敵な人に出会えた事をホントにうれしく思います。感謝の気持ちを伝えたく、心ばかりの品を送りました。、、、、、 このような内容となっております。exiciteの翻訳を使っております。おかしいと思ったところは直しましたが何分粗末な英語力ですのでご指導頂ければと思います。よろしくお願いします。

• どなたか下記の英文を和訳して頂けますか?

どなたか下記の英文を和訳して頂けますか? *翻訳サイトを、使わない、翻訳を、お願いします。 POND'S FEAST YOUR EYES New Pond's Soothing Cucumber Eye Treatment Pads. Lay them on your eyelids to help relax away puffiness in 10 blissful mitutes. Better than real cucumber. With aloe,green tea,and chsmomile for beautiful eyes. Store in fridge for extra refreshing results.

• こんなメールが来ました。教えてください。

先日海外からこんなメール来ました。経験ある人いますか? Abidjan,Cote d'ivoire Please my dear, After going through your profile i decided to write you.My name is Mr Jean Michael,19 year old,the only Son of late Chief and Mr Alfred Michael, Please i want to relocate to your country where i can settled down happily,and I wish to request for your assistance in a transaction that will benefit you and i. The money in question is $6.500.000USD(Six Million Five Hundred Thousand Usa Dollars). And I wish to invest the money in Manufacturing and real estate management in your country under your care and guidance.and I will require for your assistance in receiving the funds in your personal/ account for investment, I will be gladly to give you 10% of the total sum for your assistance. God bless you a

• よろしくお願いします

My husband was married briefly in his early 20s, and the divorce was amicable. We are now in our early 40s and dealing with both elderly parents, downsizing, and a disabled child. When my husband’s ex asked if she could stay in our house while looking for real estate, we both happily agreed. downsizingとは何のことでしょうか?あと、real estateは「住まい」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします