waterboardingとは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • アメリカのイラク戦争捕虜の扱いについて、ジュネーヴ協定に抵触するという記事です。
  • waterboardingとは、アメリカのイラク戦争捕虜に対して行われた拷問の一つです。
  • waterboardingは被拘束者の顔を水に浸し、窒息感を与える拷問手法です。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

waterboardingとは?

NEWSWEEKを読んでいて、waterboardingという単語に出会いました。辞書にも載っていなかったので、意味を教えてください。 アメリカのイラク戦争捕虜の扱いについて、ジュネーヴ協定に抵触するという記事です。 抜粋 why not retain the status quo and then consult with other countries that are also grappling with terror suspects and arrive at a genuinely "common" clarification of the Conventions? If we "clarify" the Conventions to allow, say, waterboarding and other "rough" procedures, what happens to a CIA operative who is captured in a foreign country?

• amip
  • お礼率42% (36/85)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Chicago243
  • ベストアンサー率38% (401/1043)
回答No.1

なんかとっても恐ろしいことのようです。 "Waterboarding is a form of torture" 拷問によって、自白させるテクニックのようです。怖くて訳せません。

参考URL:
http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Waterboarding
amip
質問者

お礼

そうらしいですよね。水責め、とでもいいましょうか。僕も、この質問とぴを立ち上げてから、ぐぐったら出てきました。朝一で解答してくださってありがとうございました。 それにしても、アメリカは異常ですね。恐ろしい。

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

We would like your advice before there is a problem. We will be moving later this year to live with our son and his family. They have a duplex, and we will have our own unit. We expect to provide child care to our granddaughter and for the new baby coming soon. We will all be together during the Thanksgiving weekend and have plans to work out some logistics and clarify expectations. work out some logistics and clarify expectationsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• I remember I used to half-believe a

I remember I used to half-believe and wholly play tith fairies when I was a child. What in heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense, to fear no longer the terror that flieth by night, yet to feel truly and understand a little, a very little, of th story of life. ベアトリクス・ポターの言葉なのですが、聖書の言葉も引用されているようです。末尾のthe story of lifeがとくに謎です。全文を訳していただければ幸いです。

• 長文の訳です

But the written massage has punctuation and other conventions of print to tell the reader when to pause,and what to emphasize. という文を しかし書かれたメッセージには、どこで区切るのか、そして何を強調するのかを読者に伝えるために、句読法や他の印刷の約束事がある。 と訳したのですが、答えは しかし書かれたメッセージには句読法やその他の印刷の約束事があり、読み手にどこで区切ったり、何を強調するのかを伝える。 となっていました。 私は to tell の to を「ために」と訳してしまったのですが、間違いになってしまうのでしょうか?

• fill in

Every year my husband and I host a holiday get-together for several of our friends and neighbors. We provide the main dish, a couple of sides and drinks. We ask friends to fill in with other salads, sides and desserts. fill in with other saladsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の和訳をお願いします。

Not only had the Normans disciplined the English people and welded them into a nation, they had also, directly or in-directly, given form and cohesion to their arts: a classical symmetry to their architecture, formal conventions to their painting and sculpture, measure to their music, and now metre and rhyme to their poetry. It was a beneficial discipline, but once it had been thoroughly learned, the time had come for variations on the conventions, for experiment, a greater natu-ralism, a freer, though still ordered, romanticism.

• with and other formatsってどういう意味?

次の英文を訳すと、このようになると思うのですが、with and other formatsのところがよくわかりません。with other formatsであれば納得なのですが、andは一体どんな役割を果たしているのでしょう。 よろしくお願いいたします。 (a)食品業界が、食品医薬品局と協力の上、管理条件下でこのチャプターのセクション101.9と105.66に規定する現行の定量システムに則った栄養及びその他の関係する食品表示情報を提示するフォーマットを用いて、自発的に実験を行うことを奨励する。 The food industry is encouraged to experiment voluntarily, under controlled conditions and in collaboration with the Food and Drug Administration, with and other formats for presenting nutrition and other related food labeling information that is consistent with the current quantitative system in §§ 101.9 and 105.66 of this chapter.

• なぜ定冠詞が必要か

I have an 8-month-old puppy, and I take her to a local dog park so she can run off leash and play with the other dogs, which she loves. the other dogsはなぜ定冠詞が必要なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳の希望

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半部分ですので、 中途半端ですが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 One was bad with her nerves, and had frailer health than the others, but not really sick, just a nervous disposition and temperament, There seemed to be a lot of karma for good and bad between the siblings, that made their relationships with each other notable and tying. A tendency to blame each other for things, that go wrong in the family. They were a materialistic bunch, with a taste for traveling, liking possession, money, wanting to be seen to do well. Tending to brag a little and to think that they have done better than the rest. As a child and youth he would have done better at his education than them and been thinner slighter. But well disposed to his siblings and relatives. They are warm frank loyal family, whose words are as good as their bond. They loan each other things, possessions, borrow or loss track possessions to each other, never sure which members of the family has it. Generous, they give each other small gifts.

• toとandの違い

other consumers step down to buy a Coach. (他の消費者はランクを下げて、コーチを買います) ここのtoをandに変えて「other consumers step down and buy a Coach.」にしても意味は変わらないでしょうか?

• 文法について

He has completed their report with two recommendations which they feel will attract qualified employees and help to retain experienced staff. この文章で they feel will attract の文法がどうしてもわかりません。よろしくお願いいたします。