• ベストアンサー

留学の際のエッセイ

ami1988amiの回答

回答No.2

私は大学に入るための準備コースに通っている生徒です。(海外の) 何となく情熱は伝わってきますが、もしもこのエッセイが情熱だけでは通らないものだとしたら、要するに大学入学の基準を求められるエッセイだとしたら評価は低いと思います。 私たちは大学に入るために、大学の求めるアカデミックのレベルを叩き付けられています。週に二回エッセイも書かされ、何点out of 5のスコアを付けられます。たぶんこのエッセイは3/5がいいところだと思います。 なぜかと言うと、大学入学で求められるレベルとはエッセイとして読む人が分かりやすく、エッセイスタイルが守られていること、そして内容の真実性よりもstoryを展開させて行くテクニック、ある意味文章を書くことのテクニックなどのポイントの方が高いそうです。だから、事実が一つあれば、少々は本当のことを外れても、うまく脚色し、展開させて行くことの方が重要かと思います。 ここでたった一つ1歳の子どもさんや奥さんのお父さん?が出て来て、でもそれはあなたがその組織(学校?)に入ることとどう関係するのですか?子どもやお父さんがあなたにその組織に入って欲しいのですか?違いますよね? TESOLの人からと書いてありますが、TESOLなんて誰でもなれます。特に英語のnative speakerなら。英語を教えている先生の90%はいくら教える資格を持っていても、大学入学のエッセイなどを指導できるほどエッセイの書き方を知っている人はいません。グラマーを直せるくらいです。 例えばTOEFLのエッセイの書き方をTOEFL協会の指導のもと学んだ人などなら当てになりますが。 とてもきついいい方ですが、まずはイントロダクションをし、その最後にでポイントを一つ書きます。次にボデイーがきます。ここでイントロで触れたポイントの展開をします。最後にコンクルージョンですが、ポイントのおさらいと締めくくりをします。 いくつかグラマーの間違えですが apply for BYUH applyと forはセットです。 his smile makes people happyが英語圏では一番自然です。 多分年下の私が失礼な意見をすみません。毎日専門の先生に鍛えられているので、ついエッセイの書き方には敏感になってしまって。

malibu0426
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます 年齢関係なくいただくアドバイスは大変助かります!! この大学はキリスト教系の大学なのですがどうもエッセイの採点基準が通常の大学のそれとは少々違っているようなのです「TESOLの方」とはTESOLの助教授でして、他にも同大学のプロボ校の元教授に上記エッセイを見てもらったところ以下の様に返事が返ってきました This essay is like most of the applicants and would not stand out. Your essay would be more unique if you write about your family and age that makes you a non-traditional student. Most of the students are young and still not mature about what they want to do/be. You should write about your age and your family (which makes you a non-traditional student) and your desires to have more education. Usually a non-traditional student will be more mature and serious about being a college student plus you would be a good help/example to the younger students. Being older is an advantage over most of the young applicants because you will be in the minority. 彼は既にリタイアしているのですが、選考に関わったこともありやはり家族の話もひつようなのかなぁと思います、悩ましいところです

関連するQ&A

• 留学の際のエッセイ

下記内容でエッセイを書きました、内容などご指摘いただくと助かります。 Describe why you want to attend an institution within the LDS Church Educational System and what value you will add to that institution. (200 words or less) I want to be a spiritually-advanced person and contribute people to be happier. There are several reasons that I choose the institution of church, BYUH. I want to learn from those who have the same sense of value. Additionally, I am fascinated by your motto “ENTER TO LEARN GO FORTH TO SERVE.” I want to serve people as an ultimate work after my graduation. I believe that BYUH is the only school that may teach me how to serve for people. I have only a child. Being able to stay near the temple and have church’s friends would give a good chance to nurture him. But also, strengthen our testimony to God. Nothing is more valuable than it for us. Finally, after graduation I will put my all into environmental job. My wife’s father has own his company and has some products to make an improvement on the green issue. I want to disseminate his products widely across to the world. I will contribute to the world as BYUH alumnus and I am spontaneous therefore, I outspoken to brighten up in class. I would be a crucial person. For these reasons, I want to be matriculated at BYUH.(198)

• 留学のエッセイ

お願いします。以下の内容でエッセイを書きました。文法の誤りを教えていただけると非常に助かります、よろしくお願いします 尚、「200文字以内で」とありますが今222文字あります、最終的に調整したいと考えています Describe why you want to attend an institution within the LDS Church Educational System and what value you will add to that institution. (200 words or less) There are several reasons why I choose BYUH. That's because church’s institution. First of all, I want to learn from those who same sense of value. Second, I made an impression on BYUH’s school characteristic “ENTER TO LEARN GO FORTH TO SERVE.” I want to serve people through after graduate’s work, hope to be of service to someone, and I have received kindness by many people, therefore, I want to return the favor. I believe that BYUH is the only school where teach me how to serve for people. Third, I have an only child. He is my pleasure and my treasure. Being able to stay near the temple and have church’s friend would give him chance to nurture. Nothing is more valuable than this for us. Finally, I am a temporary worker and very unstable work. I would like to snap out from my vicious circle. After graduation I will put my all into environmental job. My wife’s father have own company and he has some idea and products to make an improvement green issue. After I learn business marketing I will take over his company and disseminate his products widely across to the world and help to make change to better place. I want to contribute to the world as BYUH alumnus. For these reasons, I want to matriculate BYUH.

• 大学留学の際のエッセイ

お願いします。200文字以内でエッセイを書けとの設問で以下のように書きましたがどうしても203文字になってしまいます。同じような内容で200文字以内で収めることは出来ませんでしょうか。また文法の誤りがあれば教えて頂けると助かります 大学側:What sets you apart from other applicants, based on unique educational or life experiences, personal or family circumstances, obstacles overcome and/or achievements? (200 words or less) 私が考えた内容:I used to work as door-knocker. I was rejected by people and was yelled me. however, At sales convention, I obtained a first prize. Through this experiment, I learned patient and my efforts must pay off.

• 大学留学応募の際のエッセイについて

お願いします。下記のお題でエッセイを提出します。文法、文章の流れなど添削頂けると涙が出るほど助かります。 大学側の題:What sets you apart from other applicants, based on unique educational or life experiences, personal or family circumstances, obstacles overcome and/or achievements? (200 words or less) 私のエッセイ:I filled with spirit than anyone else. I used to work as door to door sales man about 10 years ago. To sale a $3,000 water cleaner, I would often visit more than 100 houses everyday. At that time, Japanese were not only so interested in that device but also they usually drank tap water. In those days, people used to think that purchasing water was ridiculous and say “drink tap water!” Great majority of Japanese was not interested in water. Therefore, I was always turned down and was jeered and yelled by them. Some people scattered salt at me. It means driving away evil sprit. I believed that I could find a customer as long as I do not give in. I became discouraged several times. Nevertheless, I had kept knocking a door hundred of times and then I had encountered a customer. At sales convention, I was awarded a first prize among over 1,000 company members. Through this precious experience, I learned patience and must have been paid off and I understood that if people make efforts desperately, God presents us a miracle. My weakness was turned to strength. This life experience is my treasure. (197 words) よろしくお願いします<(_ _)>

• 留学志望の添削をお願いします!!

現在大学生です。カナダへの留学を希望しており、留学志望書を書いているのですが・・・ I have three objects for this studying abroad program. First, it is to get ability which can handle correct business English and can use daily conversation. I want to work all over the world in the future, and globalization apread at a high speed. After a few years, we will not work enough without English. In addition to, communication is very important not only daily life but also work. So, I think that I have to get on these abilities. Second, it is to learn Canadian culture and Christianity. The religion affects the country culture and daily life in many foreign countries. It is a part of difference points from Japan. I feel difference about the religion from my experience through studying abroad and want to apply at work or life in the future. Finally, it is to make a lot of friends. I have only Japanese friends. Most people have the same sense of values as Japanese, so I hardly find a brand new attitude over the nation. If I make a lot of friends without nationality, Iwoll be able to get 800 TOEIC score. This goal is very difficult for me. But it is not impossible and I have a confidence that I achieve this goal, becaouse I can effort than average person and my character is never-give-up attitude. When I enrolled at a university, my TOEIC score is 365. However I wanted to take part in this studying abroad program. I could not get qualification be second grade, but I can participate in this studying abroad in fact. I have never gone to study abroad like other people, so I will be able to grow up than other participations. At any rate, I am the most enthusiasm student for this studying abroad program. This is my participation reason for this program.

• 大学入学の際のエッセイ添削希望

お願いします。以下私のエッセイの文法の誤り、文章の構成などアドバイスを是非よろしくお願いします<(_ _)> 大学側:What sets you apart from other applicants, based on unique educational or life experiences, personal or family circumstances, obstacles overcome and/or achievements? (200 words or less) 私のエッセイ:I have a special sales experience than other applicants. I had sold water cleaners as a door to door sales man about 10 years ago. I would have often visit more than 100 houses everyday in order to sell$3,000 water cleaners. I learned how to develop good communication with customers from my own experience. Decade ago, Japanese were not interested in the device since they usually drank tap water. In those days, people had thought that purchasing water was ridiculous. Therefore, I was always turned down. People would have yelled at me and some even scattered salt at me to drive away evil spirits. Since I want to be a success, I had kept knocking on hundred of doors. I realized that it is more important to become a customer’s friend than just a salesman. If friend who would suggest using the device for their friend health. Therefore, I tried becoming their best friend. The Result of patience, effort and ingenuity, I was awarded a first prize among over 1,000 company members at a sales convention. Through this experience, I learned that if people exert maximum effort, God will present miracles. I believe that I put my experience to study. (200 words)

• 英語でエッセイを書いてみたんですが・・・

1000文字程度(全然足りていないのですが)のエッセイ の課題課題が出て一応は取り組んでみて提出したのですが。 翌日に先生から返却される際、後で話があるといわれました・・ そして授業後に話してみると、ひどい英文、文法がダメなど ボロボロに言われてしまいいました。 そこで手直しをしてみようとしたのですが、どこの文法が ダメなのか分らないし、文章の構成もすべて注意されてしまった ので英語がとことん苦手な私にはどうすればよいか分りません。 そのため、下手でどうしようもない英文の明らかに誤っている 文法。また、こうしたほうがもっと良くなるなどのアドバイス を頂けないでしょうか。本当によろしくお願いします。 (文字制限によりIntroductionとconcludionは削っています。)       People Need Reading  The first reason to support is you can learn many words by reading. You sometimes find incomprehensible word when you are reading. At such time, if you look up words in a dictionary and examine the words of meaning, you can know and learn many words. Moreover, the increase of vocabulary leads to the increase in the thought because thinking is an act of doing by using words. When thinking alone, act of thinking used by generally using words so the idea cannot help coarsening naturally if the vocabulary power is scarce. In brief, the richness of vocabulary supports your thought. In addition, the kind of colloquial expression was limited. Only if you spend a daily life, you do not need to use a difficult word. However, if it thinks only using by the spoken language in the daily life, your thought becomes simple by all means. If the expressed word is simple, the content of ideas becomes simple too. In contrast, feelings and thinking are become complex if you knowing many words. In the written language, there is a variation without in the spoken language. In a word, reading is the best possible method to know many words.  A second reason to support is the great deal of knowledge can be acquired by reading. A lot of things that I have not known up to now are written in books and I am impressed every time obtained the new knowledge. For instance, people learn a new matter by reading newspaper and journal. For one thing, you can know about the place where you have not gone if you read about the place such as preparation of the school excursion when you were such a student. Furthermore, the ability for communication improves when knowledge increases, because you show provided got the new knowledge for friends and it can share with each other. In addition, generally speaking people want to know it more deeply by getting new knowledge. Reading books broadens your knowledge and allows you to encounter things of great beauty more frequently, thereby making you a different person from who you were before starting to read books. In other words it is the best means to read the book to get a new knowledge.  The final reason to support people can know what the happiness at private time. Quiet time of one is develops the person. Of course, you can develop your personality throughout pleasant communication with people, but it is also necessary for personality development to have a quiet alone time to reflect on yourself. Happy in vague time while listening to music alone but then reading accompanies a constant mental tension. At the same time this moderate tension gives birth to the sense of fulfillment. Moreover, reading is not by oneself it looks like oneself though because it is time of two people with the author. Next, there is no pressure because the author is not before your eyes but book tell you deeply and quietly. Besides time to taste on one’s own that superior person chose the word. So the person grows up more by spending this time. In fact the person of the bookworm knows the richness of this time to read alone.  

• 大学留学応募のエッセイ

お願いします。下記のお題でエッセイを提出します。文字数は丁度200wordsです。文法、文章の流れなど添削頂けると涙が出るほど助かります。 なお、文章中の()は英語に自信がない場合に日本語入れています 大学側のお題:What sets you apart from other applicants, based on unique educational or life experiences, personal or family circumstances, obstacles overcome and/or achievements? (200 words or less) 私のエッセイ:I used to work as door to door sales man about 10 years ago. To sale $3,000 water cleaner, I would often visit more than 100 houses everyday. At that time, not only Japanese are not so interested that device but also people usually drinks tap water. In previous times, people used to think that purchase natural water are ridiculous and said “drink tap water as much as you like, do not waste your money!” Great majority of Japanese did not interested water at all. Therefore, I was always turned down and was jeered and yelled at me. I had an experience with scattered salt by a man(男性から塩をかけられた経験があります). It means purify evil sprit. I believed that I could find a customer as long as I do not give in. I became discouraged several times. Nevertheless, I had kept knock a door hundred of times and then I had encountered the customers(冠詞に迷いました、the としたのは思い描いたそのお客さんに出会えたとし定冠詞にしました). At sales convention, I obtained a first prize among over 1,000 company members. Through this precious experiment, I learned patient, efforts must be pay off and I understood that If people efforts desperately, God presents us a miracle. My weakness was changed strength(by ○○はあえて書きませんでした、キリスト教系の大学なのでここは神様と読み手は考えると思うからです). This life experience is my treasure. よろしくお願いします<(_ _)>

• エッセイの書き方

今まで一度もエッセイを書いた事がなく(英語で) 全く書き方がわかりません。下の意味を訳しては みたものの・・・やっぱり分かりません。どなたか エッセイの書き方、下の事について何を書けばいいのか教えて下さい!! In relation to your NZ city(Auckland) answer this question-You may refer to social, economic, structural, political and other patterns: What are the different patterns that exist in your chosen settlement?

• 英語が正しいかどうか教えてください。

Many people want to be success. Many people have dreams and become happy. I also want to be success. And I have a dream. It is not easy to success. And many people have felt sad because they can’t success. I don’t think people can’t succeed that it is because of hard work. I suppose that luck is very important for succeed. I argue about exam and I was read a book. この文の英語に間違いなどあれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。