• ベストアンサー

留学の際のエッセイ

下記内容でエッセイを書きました、内容などご指摘いただくと助かります。 Describe why you want to attend an institution within the LDS Church Educational System and what value you will add to that institution. (200 words or less) I want to be a spiritually-advanced person and contribute people to be happier. There are several reasons that I choose the institution of church, BYUH. I want to learn from those who have the same sense of value. Additionally, I am fascinated by your motto “ENTER TO LEARN GO FORTH TO SERVE.” I want to serve people as an ultimate work after my graduation. I believe that BYUH is the only school that may teach me how to serve for people. I have only a child. Being able to stay near the temple and have church’s friends would give a good chance to nurture him. But also, strengthen our testimony to God. Nothing is more valuable than it for us. Finally, after graduation I will put my all into environmental job. My wife’s father has own his company and has some products to make an improvement on the green issue. I want to disseminate his products widely across to the world. I will contribute to the world as BYUH alumnus and I am spontaneous therefore, I outspoken to brighten up in class. I would be a crucial person. For these reasons, I want to be matriculated at BYUH.(198)

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.3

エッセイなのだからと構えて言われると何が良い文章になるかよく解かりません。しかし、起承転結があれば良い文章になると信じています。 仕事で簡単なメールを送るぐらいの文章しか書いていませんが、起句の切り出しはたいせつにしています。貴方が訂正した今回の起句は、前回の質問をそのまま受けた起句と比べ読み手の気を引くことができることは確かです。問題はこの起句を使うと、前の文章の承句と転句をそのまま移行させることが出来ないと言うことです。前回は安易な起句を使っていましたが、承句、転句と結句が説得力をもっていました。文章形態や内容がエッセイに適しているか否やを別にすれば、特に、息子の存在と貴方の現状を説明した文章の展開を読めば大学の審査官は「この男を大学に入れて遣らぬといかんな。」と思うでしょう。この切実なる訴えが今回の文章にはありません。 貴兄の文章に対する文法に疑問を抱いてらっしゃる方もいますので、私の文法的解釈を述べさせていただきます。 First of all, Second, In conclusion -考え方の相違と思います。200字との制限では逆にこのような言い回しは羅列しないほうがよいとの考えがあっても良いはずです。 There are several reasons that I choose the institution of church, BYUH.--> There are several reasons for choosing the institution of church, BYUH. どちらでも文法的に間違ってはいません。後者の文章の方が洗練されているように見えるならば、そうかも知れません。 I want to learn from those (people, teachers? or students) who have the same sense of value. このthoseは代名詞でunspecified number of peopleとして使っているために文法的には問題がないと考えます。 http://www.google.co.jp/search?as_q=&hl=ja&client=opera&rls=en&num=10&btnG=Google+%E6%A4%9C%E7%B4%A2&as_epq=i+know+those+who&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images I am fascinated by your (-->the institution's) motto “ 出来ればthe institution'sがよいかもしれません。しかし字数等を踏まえると、読み手がはっきりしている場合はyourを使ってもおかしくはないと考えます。 Nothing (isは要りません) more valuable than it for us. There is nothing more valuable than ~ Ok Nothing more valuable than ~のように動詞が抜けると文法的におかしいとおもいますよ。特にエッセイを強調するなら。 http://www.google.co.jp/search?as_q=&hl=ja&client=opera&rls=en&num=10&btnG=Google+%E6%A4%9C%E7%B4%A2&as_epq=nothing+is+more+valuable+than&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images 関係代名詞のwhichと同じく、"it"は前文の名詞を受けることも前の前文を受けて代名詞として使うことができます。 I will put my all into environmental job.-->I will put all myself ,or I will put me with all I have, 上記のallは代名詞として使われています。文法的に間違いではありませんよ。 http://www.google.co.jp/search?as_q=&hl=ja&client=opera&rls=en&num=10&btnG=Google+%E6%A4%9C%E7%B4%A2&as_epq=put+my+all&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images My wife’s father has AN own (his要りません) company (and要りません) WHICH has some products どちらでも文法的に間違いではありません。 http://www.google.co.jp/search?as_q=&hl=ja&client=opera&rls=en&num=10&btnG=Google+%E6%A4%9C%E7%B4%A2&as_epq=has+his+own&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images green issue-->green issues どちらでも良いと思います。 今回の起句を使い、前に書かれた文章を纏め上げてみました。参考にでもなれば幸いです。 I want to be a spiritually advanced person and contribute to people’s happiness. My motivation to apply BYHU is to learn from those who have the same sense of value. I am fascinated by your motto “ENTER TO LEARN GO FORTH TO SERVE.” as I want to serve people as an ultimate work. I believe that BYUH is the only school that may teach how to serve for people. I have a child. He is my pleasure and treasure. Being able to stay near temples and have church’s friends give a good chance to nurture him. Nothing is more valuable than this for us. Additionally, I am temporary worker and my job is very unstable. I hardly can see any good future prospects at my current work and therefore want to snap out from this vicious circle. Fortunately, my wife’s farther owns a company and has some products to make an improvement on green issues. After finishing marketing at BYUH, my wishes are to put my all into environmental jobs. I want to disseminate his products widely across to the world and will contribute to the world as a BYUH alumnus. For these reasons, I want to be matriculated at BYUH. (200)

malibu0426
質問者

お礼

毎回本当に申し訳ありません。これ以上の回答はないと思います 言葉で表現できないほど感謝しています、本当にありがとうございます。頂いたエッセイ、とても心に響くものがありました。私の友人にBYUHにTESOL専攻で行っている人がいましてその人がTESOLの助教授を私に紹介してくれました、一度BYUHに提出する前にその助教授に確認いただきその上で出したいと思います。 Frucan様から頂いたチャンスを活かせるようとにかく頑張ります!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (5)

noname#97642
noname#97642
回答No.6

No5です。前回の質問でも、今回の質問でもアカデミックエッセイにする必要があるといった私ですが、ちょっと気になる点があります。 確か質問者さまは、奨学金で留学するのですよね?TOEFL等の成績の提出等は求められなかったのでしょうか? TOEFLなどでもアカデミックエッセイが要求される筈です。 アカデミックエッセイを書く等の英語力の証明は、この課題だけなのでしょうか? それとも、この大学はそのような英語力を求めていないのでしょうか?

malibu0426
質問者

お礼

続けてありがとうございます はい、奨学金を利用します、まだ結果が返ってこないのですが・・。 TOEFLの成績は求められています、61点以上が必要です、で、私は今40点(6月)です、今月の12日に再度受けましたが感覚としては45から50といったところで61点はいっていないと思います。 10月締切ではありますが多少遅れてもよいそうなのでもう一度受けたいと思います。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#97642
noname#97642
回答No.5

こんにちは、 アカデミックエッセイにする必要があるという点で、これまでの回答者様と重なるのですが、 No4様のIから始まるエッセイが日本人に多いという指摘には私も同じです。 分かりやすい英語で書かれたエッセイの書き方のページを見つけました。 http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/esl/eslaudience.html そして、No1さんが仰るin conclusionとかというのは、エッセイ用語で、Transitionsと呼ばれていて、アカデミックエッセイでは重要です。 _________引用_____________________ To supply movement within paragraphs and between paragraphs, you must use transitions. Without transitions, an essay is jarring to read and may cause confusion to your reader. ________________________________ http://bloodredpencil.blogspot.com/2009/09/academic-essay-3-importance-of-body.html Transitions/Connectorsとして、上記のURLの最後の方にリストが幾つか有りますから参考にしてください。 とくに質問者さんの役に立ちそうなのだけ取り上げると、 理由を述べるときに: ________引用_______________ Cause/Effect: accordingly, as a result, because, consequently, for, hence, so, then, therefore, thereupon, thus. ______________________________ http://bloodredpencil.blogspot.com/2009/09/academic-essay-3-importance-of-body.html 結論を述べる: ____________引用__________________ Summary: in any event, in brief, in short, in sum, on the whole, to sum up. ________________________________ http://bloodredpencil.blogspot.com/2009/09/academic-essay-3-importance-of-body.html (こちらの方が、in conclusionよりも大学生らしい。) 又、ご存知だと思いますが、質問文中のfinallyは結論を述べる時に使いません。最後の理由/視点を述べる時に使うので、結論ではなく本論の中に入ります。 以上指摘ばかりですいません、エッセイの見本が多少載っているページを見つけました、ご参考になれば。 http://www.toeflessays.com/category/resource-center/sample-essays では、頑張ってくださいね。

malibu0426
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。 分からないことが多いのでご指摘は大歓迎です リンクもありがとうございました!まだ全部は見きれていないのですが 今後のために「お気に入りに」入れておきました また是非よろしくお願いします

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • lis385t
  • ベストアンサー率51% (219/429)
回答No.4

がんばってらっしゃいますね。 もしも締め切りまで少し時間があるのであれば、他の方がこれまでおっしゃっているとおり、英語のエッセイの書式、内容をレビューされてはいかがと思います。検索サイトで「admission essay」などと打つとかなりのサイトがヒットします。下記のリンクが最初にヒットしましたので、ご参考まで。 http://essayinfo.com/essays/admission_essay.php 日本人が書く英文はとかく最初は I から始まるんですよね。仕方ないですよ、日本語の論理展開や文化的な背景もありますから。英米人の書いたエッセイと比べることで、「外人さん」の思考順序もわかるのではないかと思います。 誰かの表現を参照するにしても、すべての表現について責任を持つのは質問者さんなので、一語一句、論理展開、すべてについて確認してください。すべて納得できれば、英語力は驚くほど向上していることにあとで気付くと思います。もう一息だと思いますので、がんばってください。

malibu0426
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます リンクもありがとうございます。 そうなんです、もう一息なんですとにかく提出物はあらかた片付いたのでTOEFLを頑張ります!!ありがとうございました

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.2

こんにちは、度々すみません#1です。 BYUHはhttp://www.byuh.edu/ ですか? プログラムのことがよく分からないのですが、やっぱり何か一つに焦点を置いて、質問者様が何に関心があって、何に長けていて、何ができる。学校に取って質問者様を生徒に迎えることで(例えばリーダーシップを取ってもらえる。何かの経験があり、その経験が授業に役立つなど)受けるであろうメリット、そしてそこを卒業したら何を社会に還元することができるか、という点だけに絞った方がいいと思います。 例えば環境の問題のプログラムだとしたら、なぜ環境に関心があるのか、その件に付いて今までどんな活動をしたか。学校では何を学びたいか?そして今までの経験と学校で学ぶことをどのようにリンクできるか?卒業後は学んだことをどういった形で社会に還元できるか?そのように書くのが200ワードではベターだと思います。 例えば(例えばですよ?) 私は今まで行政の環境保全部で働いていた。その中で未来のために考えることの大切さを痛感したが、行政の一員としてはできることも限られていた。なぜか考えてみた、そして気付いたのは、多くはその部署に配属され、ただの義務(業務)としてやっているだけで、本当の意味でことの次第を考えてはいなかった。multi cultureの大学で、世界中から集まる学生と共に、それぞれの国での環境問題に対しての取り組みであったり、その国の考え方を学びたいと思った。現場を経験して来た私は今までの経験を話し、そして私が感じて来た意義を唱えることができる。それは大学に取っても、一緒に学ぶ学生に取っても先進国、日本の取り組みを知る貴重なopportunityになることが間違いない。 例えばこんなふうに。。。と、私は思うのですが、いかがでしょうか? その大学のプログラムに参加したいわけと学校にとってあなたの存在するメリットは?と聞かれていて、子どものこととか、義父の会社のこととか(これは考えようによっては結びつけられますが)何の関係もないと思います。10ページのエッセイを書けと言われたなら、その一部には入れることはできると思いますが、200ワードでは。

malibu0426
質問者

お礼

続けて回答頂きありがとうございます >BYUHは​http://www.byuh.edu/​ ですか? はいそうです pico_usagi様から教えていただいた内容全くその通りだと思います。大学が教会関係の為信仰面から選考される方に訴えるべきなのかpico_usagi様が仰るような面から訴えるべきなのか正直わかりません・・ fruchan様のお礼内容にも少し書きましたが私の人生の中での新しい登場人物としてTESOLの助教授が現れました、一度その方にfruchan様の頂いた内容で提出をしてみてその返事を待ってみようと思います。まだ10月締切までには少し日があるのでもう少しジタバタします。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.1

こんにちは。 私の方が英語力が少ないのでコメントさせていただくのはどうか?と迷いましたが。 まず読んでいて"I want to"が多すぎると思いました。academicなessayにはもう少し単語を変える工夫が必要ではないか?と。例えば、 I would like to, I hope..., I wish I could, I have wishes to do sth, など またessayなら First of all, Second, In conclusionとした方が読む方は正しく理解できます。また分かりやすいです。 Grammar的には(気付いたところだけ) contribute people to be happier.(-->happy) There are several reasons that I choose the institution of church, BYUH.--> There are several reasons for choosing the institution of church, BYUH. I want to learn from those (people, teachers? or students) who have the same sense of value. Additionallyでも間違ってはいませんが、In addition, としたほうがよりフォーマルだと感じました。 I am fascinated by your (-->the institution's) motto “ I have only a child. 文章的に間違っていませんがここでそれを伝える意味がありますか?あえてonly childなどと言うならその真意を伝える必要があるわけですが、200 wordsでそこまで深く伝えることは無理ですし、質問者様がこの機関に入るためのessayにはonly childを強調する必要を感じません。入りたい理由にこのような強調をしてしまうと、なぜ強調したかを論じなければなりません。なので私ならそのような表現をしません。 Nothing (isは要りません) more valuable than it for us.しかしここの"it"って何を指していますか?文章を繋いで繋いでなので"it"が何を指しているのかが伝わりにくいように思います。 I will put my all into environmental job.-->I will put all myself ,or I will put me with all I have, My wife’s father has AN own (his要りません) company (and要りません) WHICH has some products 私的には My wife's father owns a company which has (produces) some products. でもacademicで言うなら"wife's father" ではなく"my father in law"(義理の父)の方がいいですね。 green issue-->green issues to the worldが短い間に二度出て来ています。一つをworldwideとかall over the worldにしたらいいと思います。 I will contribute to the world as BYUH alumnus and I am spontaneous therefore, I outspoken to brighten up in class. I would be a crucial person. I will contribute to the world as BYUH DOES. で一旦切った方がいいと思います。 もしも繋ぎたいなら"and"ではなく"because"の方がいいと思います。 I outspoken to brighten up in class. ここの理解ができません。I outspokenはgrammatically incorrectです。outspokenは形容詞またはoutspeakの過去分詞です。subjectの後に直に過去分詞は来ません。be 動詞が必要です。なので、この文章は過去のことを指して言っているのか、未来のことを言っているのか、全く理解できません。 I would be a crucial person. これも意味をなさないと思います。wouldの単独では意味が理解できません。通常wouldはconditinalな文章の中で使われることが多いからです。 例えば If the class gave me arguments, I would be a crucial person. などのように。 最後ですが、これらの理由での私は入学を許可してもらいたい、、、入学を許可してもらいたいからこのessayを書いているのは先方も分かっているので、あえてそれを書く必要はないと思います。 essayの書き方は(このように200ワードという短い場合) 1. まず箇条書きの理由を2つくらい述べる。 2. その2つの理由の説明をする(やや詳しく)。 3. まとめで、1.と同じ内容を違った表現でする。 そんな感じです。言いたいことは立派だと思いますが、短い中にいろいろと欲張ってしまい、結局何を一番言いたいのか、何が一番したいのかはややぼやけていると思います。これだけ短いなら1つでもいいと思います。子ども、妻の父親の会社、、、などと言わずに自分を真ん中において、自分のことだけに触れる方がいいと思います。 何だか余計なお世話をすみません。

malibu0426
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます 一つ一つのご指摘大変分かりやすく勉強になります 今後も是非機会がありましたらよろしくお願いします<(_ _)>

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 留学のエッセイ

お願いします。以下の内容でエッセイを書きました。文法の誤りを教えていただけると非常に助かります、よろしくお願いします 尚、「200文字以内で」とありますが今222文字あります、最終的に調整したいと考えています Describe why you want to attend an institution within the LDS Church Educational System and what value you will add to that institution. (200 words or less) There are several reasons why I choose BYUH. That's because church’s institution. First of all, I want to learn from those who same sense of value. Second, I made an impression on BYUH’s school characteristic “ENTER TO LEARN GO FORTH TO SERVE.” I want to serve people through after graduate’s work, hope to be of service to someone, and I have received kindness by many people, therefore, I want to return the favor. I believe that BYUH is the only school where teach me how to serve for people. Third, I have an only child. He is my pleasure and my treasure. Being able to stay near the temple and have church’s friend would give him chance to nurture. Nothing is more valuable than this for us. Finally, I am a temporary worker and very unstable work. I would like to snap out from my vicious circle. After graduation I will put my all into environmental job. My wife’s father have own company and he has some idea and products to make an improvement green issue. After I learn business marketing I will take over his company and disseminate his products widely across to the world and help to make change to better place. I want to contribute to the world as BYUH alumnus. For these reasons, I want to matriculate BYUH.

• 留学の際のエッセイ

お願いします。下記の文章はentrance essayです。 I want to be a spiritually advanced person and contribute to people’s happiness. My motivation to apply BYUH is to learn from those who have the same values as I have. I am fascinated by your motto “ENTER TO LEARN, GO FORTH TO SERVE,” I want to serve people. I believe that BYUH is the best school for me to learn how to serve others. I have a child who is one year old and whose name is ○○. It means God’s messenger. He likes people; with his arms spread, he always begs someone to hold him up, his smile makes people comfortable. He is already offering love to people as God’s messenger. Being able to stay near temples and have church friends gives me a good chance to nurture him. Nothing is more valuable than this for him. Additionally, I am temporary a worker, and my job is unstable. Therefore, I want to remove myself from this situation. Fortunately, my wife’s father owns a company and has some products to improve environmental issues. I want to disseminate his ideas worldwide and contribute to the world as a BYUH alumnus. For these reasons, I want to enroll at BYUH.(199) 知り合いのTESOL関係の方に見てもらったところ1点指摘されました 指摘箇所:3段落目のcomfortable 指摘内容:Word choice. This is strange to say. 「彼の笑顔が人々を慰める(癒す)」と言いたいのですが his smile nurses people's soulと言えますでしょうか? ※以前からエッセイを助けていただいている皆様へ このBYUHのTESOLの方から次のようなアドバイスをもらったため上記のようなエッセイに変えました you may want to add some details to your personal story about your son and wife. Using their names and a few personal details may make this paper more personal because you will sound more like an individual with a real life. This personal touch will attract the readers of your entrance essays.

• 留学のエッセイに関して

お願いします。留学のスレで伺うことかもしれないのですがこちらで質問いたします。留学のエッセイで以下のような文章があります Describe why you want to attend an institution within the LDS Church Educational System and what value you will add to that institution. (200 words or less) 前半は分かるのですが後半の その大学(機関)にあなたがどんな価値をもたらすことができるか、あなたがいかにその大学の価値を高められるか ・・これはなんと書いていいものか悩んでいます。例えば私がバスケをしていてプロ選手としてばりばりあなたの学校宣伝しますよ!とかでしたらいいのですが私は「ビジネスマーケティング」を専攻を希望していますのでそうもいかず。こういうのってアメリカ人だったらすらすらかけるんでしょうね・・ よろしければアドバイスを頂けると助かります

• 大学留学応募の際のエッセイについて

お願いします。下記のお題でエッセイを提出します。文法、文章の流れなど添削頂けると涙が出るほど助かります。 大学側の題:What sets you apart from other applicants, based on unique educational or life experiences, personal or family circumstances, obstacles overcome and/or achievements? (200 words or less) 私のエッセイ:I filled with spirit than anyone else. I used to work as door to door sales man about 10 years ago. To sale a $3,000 water cleaner, I would often visit more than 100 houses everyday. At that time, Japanese were not only so interested in that device but also they usually drank tap water. In those days, people used to think that purchasing water was ridiculous and say “drink tap water!” Great majority of Japanese was not interested in water. Therefore, I was always turned down and was jeered and yelled by them. Some people scattered salt at me. It means driving away evil sprit. I believed that I could find a customer as long as I do not give in. I became discouraged several times. Nevertheless, I had kept knocking a door hundred of times and then I had encountered a customer. At sales convention, I was awarded a first prize among over 1,000 company members. Through this precious experience, I learned patience and must have been paid off and I understood that if people make efforts desperately, God presents us a miracle. My weakness was turned to strength. This life experience is my treasure. (197 words) よろしくお願いします<(_ _)>

• 留学のエッセイ

お願いします。丸投げしているようであまり好きではないのですがどーーしても分からないのでお知恵を拝借させてください 今留学の際のエッセイを書いています。下記日本語を英語にどう訳せばいいのでしょうか 私がBYUHに行きたい理由の先ず一つは教会の学校だからとうことです。同じ土台、考え、信条を持った教授陣から授業を受けるのとそうではない教授から受けるクラスは同じ内容の授業であっても真理の捉え方に違いが出てきます。そういった意味で同じ価値観をもつ先生から受ける授業に大きな魅力を感じます。 以下途中まで考えた文章 There are several reasons why I choose BYUH. That’s because church’s institution. First of all, even if the class to receive from the teacher who is・・・

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

入試の予想問題です。語彙がないので簡単なフレーズで書きたいと思っています。不自然なところがあれば訂正お願いします。 質問 もしあなたが通うことになった大学が、生涯学習を奨励しているために同級生に高齢者が多いとしたらあなたはそういう学習環境を望ましいと思いますか?理由をあげ60~70語の英語で答えなさい。  I think it is undesirable to study with old people. If there are many old people in my college,I will feel unpleased. One reason is that I will not be able to talk with them friendly. I want to make friends with same age people and enjoy to talk. Second reason is that teachers will not be able to give lectures that suit for the student`s levels. (69words)

• 大学留学応募のエッセイ

お願いします。下記のお題でエッセイを提出します。文字数は丁度200wordsです。文法、文章の流れなど添削頂けると涙が出るほど助かります。 なお、文章中の()は英語に自信がない場合に日本語入れています 大学側のお題:What sets you apart from other applicants, based on unique educational or life experiences, personal or family circumstances, obstacles overcome and/or achievements? (200 words or less) 私のエッセイ:I used to work as door to door sales man about 10 years ago. To sale $3,000 water cleaner, I would often visit more than 100 houses everyday. At that time, not only Japanese are not so interested that device but also people usually drinks tap water. In previous times, people used to think that purchase natural water are ridiculous and said “drink tap water as much as you like, do not waste your money!” Great majority of Japanese did not interested water at all. Therefore, I was always turned down and was jeered and yelled at me. I had an experience with scattered salt by a man(男性から塩をかけられた経験があります). It means purify evil sprit. I believed that I could find a customer as long as I do not give in. I became discouraged several times. Nevertheless, I had kept knock a door hundred of times and then I had encountered the customers(冠詞に迷いました、the としたのは思い描いたそのお客さんに出会えたとし定冠詞にしました). At sales convention, I obtained a first prize among over 1,000 company members. Through this precious experiment, I learned patient, efforts must be pay off and I understood that If people efforts desperately, God presents us a miracle. My weakness was changed strength(by ○○はあえて書きませんでした、キリスト教系の大学なのでここは神様と読み手は考えると思うからです). This life experience is my treasure. よろしくお願いします<(_ _)>

• 大学留学の際のエッセイ

お願いします。200文字以内でエッセイを書けとの設問で以下のように書きましたがどうしても203文字になってしまいます。同じような内容で200文字以内で収めることは出来ませんでしょうか。また文法の誤りがあれば教えて頂けると助かります 大学側:What sets you apart from other applicants, based on unique educational or life experiences, personal or family circumstances, obstacles overcome and/or achievements? (200 words or less) 私が考えた内容:I used to work as door-knocker. I was rejected by people and was yelled me. however, At sales convention, I obtained a first prize. Through this experiment, I learned patient and my efforts must pay off.

• 英文見てもらえますか?

国が来年の予算を出してくれなかったので、大学が一年休学することになりました。あなたは何をしますか?具体的に」 というテーマで150~175語程度で書く問題でした。 文法のミス、言葉の使い方などアドバイスしてもらえますか? また、もし大学入試の問題として70点満点で採点するなら何点ぐらいになるでしょうか? Firstly, I will find some part time jobs to make money and save whole payment. I want to try to do something physical labor, such as carrying and cleaning. After graduation, I want to use my language skills so physical labor may give me very important experiences and great opportunity to know better about constitution of our society. Moreover, I want to learn many skills which aren’t taught at my college. Secondly, I will challenge traveling alone one or two months. At first, I want to visit Korea to see my friends living in Seoul, and then I directly go to Tianjin China by a ship from Incheon to visit another hometown where I spent couple of years. Budget permitting, I will fly to Eastern Europe and Turkey to walk around historical and religious cities, if not, I will go Southeast Asia to see ethnic culture. These experiences should be the best way to know the world, to practice language skills and to be a student who can contribute to internationalization. おねがいします

• いつもありがとうございます。インド人からの手紙の返事でわからないことが

いつもありがとうございます。インド人からの手紙の返事でわからないことがありました。 Sure! I will be really happy to tell you all that you’d want to know. Though be warned that my discussions can get long, boring and intellectual ;) I’m glad to know that you love India as I love Japan. Though be warned that の部分ですが「言っておくけど~」位の意味で良いでしょうか? すみませんがアドバイスください。