What is Hitojichi Shihou (the Hostage Procedure)?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Hitojichi Shihou, also known as the hostage procedure, is a standard legal practice in Japan used to force confessions.
  • Suspects are threatened with inducement of release if they confess, but if they insist on their innocence, they are detained for an extended period.
  • Even minor crime suspects who don't warrant jail time can be held in custody for 6 months to a year if they maintain their innocence.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳 hitojichi shihou

外国人です。。。私の和訳はあっているでしょうか。添削をお願いいたします。 Hitojichi Shihou (the hostage procedure) is the standard procedure used in Japan, pre-indictment and after to force confessions, by threatening suspects with an inducement “of release” if they confess, and detention (a form of torture, a hardship) if they don't. And it goes to the extreme, suspects accused of minor crimes that don't warrant jail time, are kept in detention for 6 months to a year if they insist on their innocence. And if they (falsely) confess, then they are released. 「人質司法」とは、自白を強制するために起訴前やその後の日本で用いられているの標準手続きであり、被疑者が自白した場合に「釈放」の誘導を脅迫し、自白しなければ勾留(拷問の一形式)する。そして、懲役を求刑しない軽犯罪で公訴された被疑者は、無罪を主張すれば6ヶ月から1年間勾留されているという極端な状況に陥る。そして、もし被疑者が(虚偽の)自白したら、釈放される。

noname#229745
noname#229745
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.3

たびたびごめんなさい。前回は不十分な返事をしてしまいました。 前便の添削文を再検討しましたので、下記いたします。 今度はかなり自然な流れの文になったと自負しています。Blowing may own horn! ⇒⇒⇒「人質司法」とは、日本(の裁判)で自白を強制するために起訴の前や後に用いられる標準的な手続きである。「釈放」をちらつかせながら、被疑者が自白するように誘導し、自白しなければ勾留(拷問の一形式)すると脅迫する。懲役を求刑しない軽犯罪で公訴された被疑者が、無罪を主張すれば6ヶ月から1年間勾留されるという苛酷な状況に陥る。そして、もし被疑者が(虚偽の)自白をしたら釈放される、という仕儀である。 *新たに変更してところは以下のとおりです。 「日本で→日本(の裁判)で」、「強要→強制」、「そして/こうして」→削除、「極端な」→「苛酷な(extreme heavy-handed)」、「ということになる」→「という仕儀(proceeding)である」。

noname#229745
質問者

お礼

This one is the smoothest to read however the meaning gets altered by writing 裁判 so I'm going to use some of this as well as your first translation. * Note that I often post stuff before going out or before bed so that's why there is a delay with my replies. thanks a lot !

その他の回答 (2)

• Nakay702
回答No.2

「お礼コメント」を拝見しました。 >Is this correct? >to force confessions「自白を強制するために」、 >to coerce confessions「自白を強要するために」、 ⇒すみません、前言撤回するもやぶさかではありません(OK to withdraw)。 「強制する」=権力で無理を強いること、 「強要する」=「一般に無理を強いること」という意味です。 ということで、特に「役人が(一般人を)無理強いすること」を表すなら、「強制する」の方がいいかもしれません。 >I don't want to use descriptions like, をちらつかせながら "to dangle" if possible. ⇒この場合の「ちらつかせる」は、「言葉の端々や態度のほのめかす(hint, imply)」という意味です。こういう場面でよく用いられる表現です。 >In English "Threaten with an inducement of release" is very strange and unnatural. In fact without explanation most people wouldn't understand what it means. I'm referring to, "threaten to induce"... that's like threatening to pay someone. It just doesn't make sense. >釈放ため自白する=脅迫ではないと感じます。。。 しかし、それは逆の脅迫です。脅迫は「しない場合のこと」 言い換えると「自白しないと勾留は半年になる」 ⇒おっしゃることはだいたい分かります。では、この部分は、こうしたらいかがでしょう。 >Threatening suspects with an inducement “of release” if they confess >「被疑者が自白するように「釈放」の誘導を脅迫し~」 ⇒「「釈放」の誘導を脅迫し~」というのは日本語として不自然です。 ということで、もう一度、お勧めしたい添削文を書きます。 >>Hitojichi Shihou (the hostage procedure) is the standard procedure used in Japan, pre-indictment and after to force confessions, by threatening suspects with an inducement “of release” if they confess, and detention (a form of torture, a hardship) if they don't. And/Thus, it goes to the extreme, suspects accused of minor crimes that don't warrant jail time, are kept in detention for 6 months to a year if they insist on their innocence. And if they (falsely) confess, then they are released. *Andに代えて、Thusを用いるのはいかがですか。(前後にandが何度も使われるのをさけるためです。) ⇒⇒「人質司法」とは、日本で自白を強要するために起訴の前や後に用いられる標準的な手続きであり、「釈放」をちらつかせながら被疑者が自白するように誘導し、自白しなければ勾留(拷問の一形式)すると脅迫する。そして/こうして、懲役を求刑しない軽犯罪で公訴された被疑者が無罪を主張すれば、6ヶ月から1年間勾留されるという極端な状況に陥る。そして、もし被疑者が(虚偽の)自白をしたら釈放、ということになる。 *新たに加筆したのは、「自白しなければ勾留(拷問の一形式)すると脅迫する」、「そして/こうして」、「6ヶ月から1年間勾留されるという」、「自白をしたら釈放、ということになる」というくだり(parts of expressions)です。

noname#229745
質問者

お礼

I've been thinking about what you wrote and I think although only a small nuance I should have used the word "coerce"confessions here. Coerce and force are basically the same except 'force' has a slightly more direct feeling to it. In any case I believe you are correct ! Nice... you just corrected the English :o) 'Thus' wouldn't be correct here because it would carry the meaning of 'therefore'... or 'as a result'... 'And' here means + When writing sentences the word 'thus' is really hard to use. It has an old English feel to it and the placement must be perfect. Thus it shouldn't be used... Everything else seems perfect ! Thanks a lot - you are great :o)

• Nakay702
回答No.1

>Hitojichi Shihou (the hostage procedure) is the standard procedure used in Japan, pre-indictment and after to force confessions, by threatening suspects with an inducement “of release” if they confess, and detention (a form of torture, a hardship) if they don't. And it goes to the extreme, suspects accused of minor crimes that don't warrant jail time, are kept in detention for 6 months to a year if they insist on their innocence. And if they (falsely) confess, then they are released. >「人質司法」とは、自白を強制するために起訴前やその後の日本で用いられているの標準手続きであり、被疑者が自白した場合に「釈放」の誘導を脅迫し、自白しなければ勾留(拷問の一形式)する。そして、懲役を求刑しない軽犯罪で公訴された被疑者は、無罪を主張すれば6ヶ月から1年間勾留されているという極端な状況に陥る。そして、もし被疑者が(虚偽の)自白したら、釈放される。 *pre-indictment and after「起訴の前や後に」、to force confessions「自白を強要するために」、 threatening suspects with an inducement “of release” if they confess ~「被疑者が自白するように「釈放」をちらつかせながら誘導脅迫し~」と変更なさるとより自然な日本語表現になると思います。 ⇒「人質司法」とは、日本で自白を強要するために起訴の前や後に用いられる標準手続きであり、被疑者が自白するように「釈放」をちらつかせながら誘導脅迫し、自白しなければ勾留(拷問の一形式)する。そして、懲役を求刑しない軽犯罪で公訴された被疑者が、無罪を主張すれば6ヶ月から1年間勾留されているという極端な状況に陥る。そして、もし被疑者が(虚偽の)自白したら、釈放される。

noname#229745
質問者

お礼

Thanks for the correction !!! A couple questions if you don't mind: Is this correct? to force confessions「自白を強制するために」、 to coerce confessions「自白を強要するために」、 >Threatening suspects with an inducement “of release” if they >confess ~「被疑者が自白するように「釈放」をちらつかせながら誘導脅迫し~」 I don't want to use descriptions like, をちらつかせながら "to dangle" if possible. In English "Threaten with an inducement of release" is very strange and unnatural. In fact without explanation most people wouldn't understand what it means. I'm referring to, "threaten to induce"... that's like threatening to pay someone. It just doesn't make sense. 釈放ため自白する=脅迫ではないと感じます。。。 しかし、それは逆の脅迫です。脅迫は「しない場合のこと」 言い換えると「自白しないと勾留は半年になる」 自白しないため(所為で)勾留が長くなる=脅迫 With the above in mind does this work: Threatening suspects with an inducement “of release” if they confess 「被疑者が自白するように「釈放」の誘導を脅迫し~」

関連するQ&A

• 和訳 are ordered by judges

和訳はあっているでしょうか?添削をお願いいたします。 In Japan suspects accused of minor crimes that don't even warrant jail time are ordered by judges to be taken hostage in detention, and are threatened that detention will continue for 6 months to a year if they insist on their innocence. 日本では、裁判官は懲役に当たらないような軽犯罪で告発された被疑者が人質に取って勾留を命令されており、無罪を主張すると、6カ月から1年間の監禁を脅迫される。

• 和訳 like clockwork

外国人です。。。私の和訳はあっているでしょうか。添削をお願いいたします。 Then like clock-work, post-indictment hitojichi shihou. Plaintiff was told, “If you agree to the facts of the case (if you falsely confess to the allegations) you will be released, however if you plead innocent (and don't falsely confess), you will have to stay in detention (solitary confinement) until the trial ends.” Trial was estimated to take 6 months. それから、判で押したように、起訴後のヒットジイチ・シーウー。原告は、「事件の事実に同意するならば(虚偽の主張に自白をする場合)、解放されるが、無罪を主張すれば(虚偽の自白をしない場合)、裁判が終了するまで勾留(独居房)しなければならない」と言われた。裁判に6ヶ月がかかると見積もった。

• 和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。 “The act of being in front of someone while they have that screen — they know if you tip, don’t tip or go into custom screens,” he said. “People in that moment are much more likely to be generous and to tip.”

• 和訳 prior to → after an

外国人です。和訳はあっているでしょうか。添削をお願いいたします The primary purpose of questioning a suspect prior to arrest is to investigate (determine guilt), and the primary purpose of questioning (interrogating) an suspect after an arrest is to obtain an incriminating statement (a confession). When a suspect chooses not to give a statement prior to arrest, the police investigate further to locate evidence that would determine if the suspect should be arrested. And when a suspect chooses not to give a statement after an arrest, if the prosecutor has enough evidence to charge the suspect, they do. The only time they don't, is when they don't have enough evidence. 逮捕する「前に」被疑者に尋問する主な目的は捜査する(罪を犯したかを決める)ことであり、逮捕する「後に」被疑者に尋問(取調べ)する主な目的は、不利益な供述(自白)を得ることである。被疑者が逮捕する「前に」供述しないことを選択すると、警察は、被疑者を逮捕すべきかどうかを決める証拠を見つけるために、さらに捜査を行う。被疑者が逮捕された「後に」供述しないことを選択した場合、検察が十分な証拠があれば、被疑者を起訴する。起訴しない唯一の時は、十分な証拠がない時である。

• すっきりと和訳してください。

you are selling #90, 100, 200, 250 and 300. Are the razor heads for each of these the same and only the "stem" length and design different. If so what are the lengths of the stems as they all are reported to be 76 mm.

• 英文和訳がありますが、日本語訳は正しいですか?

You may be wondering whether this story took place generations ago, but instead the story comes from modern-day Japan. Although the justice minister apologized to the Toyama taxi driver, stories such as this are not uncommon in Japan.Why would someone confess to a crime that he did not do? The answer to this question is related to the extraordinary power given to police in Japan. After being arrested, suspects can be held for 23 days before charges are laid and during this time, police often try their best to get a confession. This is done using various tactics such as allowing only minimal contact with family and friends, while continually and forecefully persuading the suspect to confess. The police have their greatest power during the first 48 hours after arrest when the accused has no right to contact anyone, even a lawyer. In Japan, an amazing 95 percent of all people who are arrested confess. An even more amazing 99.8 percent of suspects are found guilty in court. 和訳 あなたは、この物語が何世代も前に起こったことと考えているかもしれませんが、これは現代の日本で起こった話です。 法務大臣が富山タクシーの運転手に謝りはしましたが、このような話は日本では珍しいことではありません。犯してもいない罪の自白をするという事が、なぜおこるのであろうか? その答えは、日本の警察が有する異常な権力とかかわりがある。警察は逮捕から告訴までの23日間に、逮捕された人間からの自白を得ようと全力を尽くす。その手法は多岐に渡り、家族や友人との接触を最小限に留めさせつつ容疑者に絶え間なく自白を強要する、などの行為が行われる。特に逮捕後の48時間には警察は絶大な権力を有しており、この間は容疑者が弁護士をも含む何人とも接触できないため、驚くべきことに95%もの逮捕者が容疑を認めるのである。さらに衝撃的なのは、99.8%もの容疑者が法廷において有罪とされることだ。

• 和訳をお願いします

Advertisers ask psychologists for advice. These experts tell adver-tisers about the concepts of fear and self-image. They also inform them of new studies on colors and words. Psychologists have found that certain colors on the packages of a product will cause people to choose that product. Also, certain words attract our attention. For example, the words "new," "improved," "natural," and "bigger size" are very popular and seem to draw our eyes toward the package. Many people believe that advertising does not affect them. They feel that they have freedom of choice, and they like to think they make wise choices. Unfortunately, they probably don't realize the powerful effect of advertising. Do you believe that ads don't influence your choice of products? Just look at the brands in your house. お願いします

• 和訳をお願いします!

“Hear me first. The accused are allowed by human laws, bloody as they are, to speak in their own defence before they are, to condemned. Listen to me; and then, if you can, and if you will, destroy the work of your hands. My story is long and strange: come to my hut upon the mountain‐the caves of ice, which I only do not fear, are a home to me. The sun is yet high in the sky; before it descends, you will have heard my tale, and can decide.” この文章の訳があっているかわからないのでわかる方この文章の訳を教えてください!!ちなみに自分で訳した結果は まずは私の話を聞きなさい。被疑者は、いかにその手が(犯罪で)血塗られていようとも、犯した罪が確定する(=死刑囚になる)までは、人が作った法律によって自分の身を守るために弁護する、ということが許されている。私の言うことをお聞きなさい、それでもしそれが出来るのなら、あるいはそうする積もり(=意志)があるのなら、今あなたが取り掛かっている仕事を打ち捨てるがよい。 私がしようとしている話は、長く、そして不可思議な(=奇妙な)ものなのだ。山の頂きにある我があずまや(=山小屋)に来たれ―氷の洞窟は私にとっては住処なのだ、私はそれ(=氷の洞窟)を少しも恐ろしいとは思わぬ。日はまだ高い。日が沈むその前には、私の話もすっかり終わっていることであろう、その(話を聞き終わった)後で決めればよい。

• 和訳のお願い!

I'm sorry they are hard! :( You don't have to do it if it's too hard. .. お願いします。

• 和訳 Criminal Procedure

正しい日本語に書き直すことをお願いします(辞書形) The Code of Criminal Procedure, and the Criminal Investigation Standards are at the very bottom of the hierarchy. This means regardless of what they state, they must obey and conform to the supreme laws and treaties. 刑事訴訟法および刑事捜査基準は、法の階層の最下部にあ る。 この法律が何を述べているかにかかわらず、最高の法律や条約に従わなければならないことを意味する。