私の話を聞いてください。犯罪者は弁護権を持つべきです

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 私の話を聞いてください。被疑者は、いかにその手が(犯罪で)血塗られていようとも、犯した罪が確定する(=死刑囚になる)までは、人が作った法律によって自分の身を守るために弁護する、ということが許されている。
  • 私がしようとしている話は、長く、そして不可思議な(=奇妙な)ものなのです。山の頂きにある私の住処、氷の洞窟に来てください。私はそれを少しも恐ろしいとは思わない。日はまだ高いうちに、私の話を聞いた後で決めてください。
  • 私の話を聞いてください。そして、もし可能であれば、あなたが手にした仕事を破壊してください。私の話は長く、奇妙です。山の頂きにある私の住処、氷の洞窟に来てください。日が沈む前には、私の話を聞き終わって、決めることができるでしょう。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします!

“Hear me first. The accused are allowed by human laws, bloody as they are, to speak in their own defence before they are, to condemned. Listen to me; and then, if you can, and if you will, destroy the work of your hands. My story is long and strange: come to my hut upon the mountain‐the caves of ice, which I only do not fear, are a home to me. The sun is yet high in the sky; before it descends, you will have heard my tale, and can decide.” この文章の訳があっているかわからないのでわかる方この文章の訳を教えてください!!ちなみに自分で訳した結果は まずは私の話を聞きなさい。被疑者は、いかにその手が(犯罪で)血塗られていようとも、犯した罪が確定する(=死刑囚になる)までは、人が作った法律によって自分の身を守るために弁護する、ということが許されている。私の言うことをお聞きなさい、それでもしそれが出来るのなら、あるいはそうする積もり(=意志)があるのなら、今あなたが取り掛かっている仕事を打ち捨てるがよい。 私がしようとしている話は、長く、そして不可思議な(=奇妙な)ものなのだ。山の頂きにある我があずまや(=山小屋)に来たれ―氷の洞窟は私にとっては住処なのだ、私はそれ(=氷の洞窟)を少しも恐ろしいとは思わぬ。日はまだ高い。日が沈むその前には、私の話もすっかり終わっていることであろう、その(話を聞き終わった)後で決めればよい。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

これはメアリー・シェリーの「フランケンシュタイン」の一節ですよね? どんな言語であれ和訳する際には出典を明らかにしましょう。和訳の精度はその文章の背景知識や文脈理解でその大半が決まるといっても過言ではありません。 この文の場面は主人公のフランケンシュタイン博士によって作り出され、その醜さゆえに打ち捨てられた人造人間が彼に慈悲を請う物語の佳境の1つです。その醜さと怪力から人々に迫害され殺人の嫌疑をかけられた人造人間は荒野をさまよい洞窟に潜み、ついに自分を創った博士を探し当てます。 「まずは私の話を聞いてください。被告人はたとえその手が血塗られていようとも判決の瞬間まで自己を弁護することが人間の法によって許されているではないですか。話を聞いてください、その後で、もしそれが出来るなら、そしてそれをあなたが望むなら、あなた自身の創り出したものを破壊してください。私の話は長くて奇妙なものです、私の住む山の上のあばら屋に来てください―私が唯一ビクビクせずにいられる氷の洞窟が私の住処なのです。日はまだ高いです、日が沈むまでにはあなたはすっかり私の話を聞き終えているでしょう。それから決めてください」 19世紀はじめに英国で書かれた本ですので原文は古い表現が多く難しいですがこれは現代語訳のようですね? とても好きな小説ですが非常に悲しく切ない物語です…。

bhuvtycfyt
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます!!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

下記の文章なのですが、和訳をお願いします。 よろしくお願いいします。 I totally understand you and I did tell him that you have alot on your mind right now.... I will tell him when you are ready to contact him, you will.. Any help you need just let me know.... He is one of my best friends and is cool. Take care and my heart goes out to all.... I told you before but when your ready you can post on the stern group about how Japan is coping there....... My prayers go out to all....keep in touch....

• 和訳をしてくれませんか?

『Good evening/Morning Sweetheart, I woke to a wonderful dream with you...so happy to wake up like this! Looking forward to again waking up, holding you in my arms, so I can tell you instead of typing: good morning/evening my love I appreciate you and am thankful you are in my life...everyday. Somedays, I will make you breakfast & others make plans to go somewhere special to eat at places that are highly recommended. Know that you are in my thoughts and my heart each & every day, you are the best part of me & I Love You!!!』  長いですが、どうかよろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします

いつもお世話にないます。この文の正しい訳をおしえてください。 ()部分は私が相手にふざけてビルに向かって指を指していた写真に「あれ買って~あの建物買える?」とセリフをつけて送ったことです。 2行目~は「まさしくあの写真のようで。私は言うつもりだったけどあなたがどれがほしいと言わなかった」と訳しましたが。1行目の文が少し意味がわかりません。それによって全部の意味の解釈が変わるようなきがしたので 全部の訳を教えてください。 People are mean and they play with your emotions and thats not good my friend did that to me and I got hurt emotionally it is wrong to do theses things but people will do it. As for me I care dearly for the one in my life and I will do anything to me you happy. Just like the picture that you sent ( I want that,Can you buy that building ) I will but you did not tell me which building you wanted there are a lots of building in the picture.

• 長文メールを和訳してください(>人<;)

知り合って間もない友人から長文メールが来ましたが英語が苦手でよく分かりません。訳してもらえませんか? 普段は日本語もしくは簡単な英語のやり取りです。 他力本願で申し訳ありませんが宜しくお願いします。 I have 2 daughters, they're grown up 14 years old and 16 years old, I raised them up alone with the help of  my mother :) ....They are big girls now, they don't give me too much trouble, they always want me to be  happy :) I love them a lot, they want me to meet a good woman who can make me happier :) If we communicate more, I will send you their photos. Their mother died  in September 2002, I have missed her a lot, she was a great woman, we knew each other  from High School. I have really missed some moments of being in a serious relationship, not having someone to lean on,  someone to talk to about anything/everything, someone to really trust, someone to count on, someone to  share true love and affection with. My kids have been my back-bone, but I cannot tell them everything, you  know? ...but I can talk to my wife/partner about everything. I want a relationship where I can share everything with my partner/wife, both happiness and problems  because I believe and have learn that sharing your problems with your partner, the more issues you can get  through together with your wife/husband, the closer you will get with he/she. I am a very simple, generous and happy person. I am not perfect, but If I make mistake, or hurt someone or do  something wrong, I like to say SORRY and when I say SORRY, I actually mean it from my heart. I am a very simple, generous and happy person. I am not perfect, but If I make mistake, or hurt someone or do  something wrong, I like to say SORRY and when I say SORRY, I actually mean it from my heart. Have you had a bad relationship before? Trust is important in a relationship from beginning, so if you are  biased about me or you don't trust me, It is better we stop communicating about relationship or friendship  from today, I don't like to waste my time because it is so precious to me. If you trust me and want a friendship and relationship with me, I will like to get letters and calls from you  always because if I do not get your replies or I don't receive calls from you, I will think you are talking to  someone better than me :) But If you write me letters and call me always, It will make me feel special, and I  will also feel that you like me and actually want to talk to me :) 

• 和訳お願いします。

I feel as if I were walking a tightrope one hundred feet over a circus audience and suddenly the rope is showing signs of breaking, and I get up from my seat and begin to shout once more the first words I can think of to communicate my terrible fear, and once more the usher comes hurrying down the aisle flashing his searchlight, and the old lady pleads with me, and the shocked audience has turned to stare at me, and I keep shouting: "What are they doing? Don't they know what they are doing? Why doesn't my mother go after my father and beg him not to be angry? If she does not do that, what will she do? Doesn't my father know what he is doing?" But the usher has seized my arm, and is dragging me away, and as he does so, he says: "What are you doing? Don't you know you can't do things like this, you can't do whatever you want to do,even if other people aren't about?You will be sorry if you don't do what you should do.You can't carry on like this,it isn't right,you will find that out soon enough,everything you do matters too much,''and as he said that,dragging me through the lobby of the theater into the cold light,I woke up into the bleak winter morning of my twenty-first birthday,the window-sill with its lip of snow,and the morning already begun.

• ebayトラブルの和訳

ebayトラブルの和訳 ebayで購入した時計が壊れてたのでその事を伝えたのですがこの文章が返ってきました。 こちらから返品して500ドル返金かこちらで直してレシート送ってくればその分を払うと 言っているのでしょうか?最後の1文 I will file the clame on my end.これはどういう意味でしょう? よろしくお願いします。 If you want you can send the clock back to me in the original box that it came in, and I will file a 500 doller clame, or you can go to where you are going to get the clock fixed and send me a picture of a recept or get an estimate and then I will file a clame for what it costs to get it fixed. I will file the clame on my end.

• 和訳をお願い致します。

That's ok ... I'm just happy that I can see you again. I can come to the exit of the JR station. If you take central exit, I'll wait for you there. And I will be in my hotel room before that so you can just use normal email. My room number is Can't wait to see you ...

• 和訳お願いいたします!

・〇〇 is not a common name? That's just like my name. ・There are very very very few ●● left ... I only know 6 ●● .... and that's including my father, sister and me ... ・ But it's more like 8 small aiports in 1. There are 8 terminals. You will be arriving in terminal ●. So if you just follow the people from your plane (and follow the "Exit / bagage claim" signs ) ... you will first go through immigration and then you can pick up your luggage. Pass through customs (there is no real check ... you can just walk through) ... then you will walk through a sliding door ... ・Are you sure it's not going to be too cold for you? ・I'm going to increase the temperature of the heater at home so you feel comfortable. ・Then you can eat as much pasta as you want :) No no ... we're going to eat much nicer food ... at least I hope you will like it.

• 和訳お願いします。

Everyone, I will try my best to translate this video but I can't right now cuz I'm on my iPod and I need to listen and translate at the same time. So just hang in there. Tomorrow morning I will translate it for you all. It will be funnier once you get the idea of what they are talking about!

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Finding a new apartment is really slow but I am trying to do everything I can to make it go faster. Now I have to wait about 2 weeks again until I can continue the search because after I sent an application to one place, they said they need 1-2 weeks until they can actually receive it. But after that, I think I might be able to find someting quite soon.. It's a "more expensive" way of doing things, kind of. Before they let you move into one of their rental apartments there is a certain amount of money that you need to pay first. And because it is alot of money, not money people do it this way and that's why there should be more apartments available for me. It's about 15 000-20 000   but my parents said they can lend the amount to me, because they don't want me to borrow money from the banks. And this money is something I will get back if/when I move, so it's not like I would actually loose th ose 15000-20000  Q__Q Ah, I don't know if you understood, but yeah, Finland likes to complicate things. I still love you and miss you so much. And I don't think sending e-mails will change what I feel and think about you. But I'm sure that when we meet again in real life it will be ever better than before.