• ベストアンサー

翻訳の意味がわかりません。

「Instead of allowing some thing to rise up to your face dancing bruce and dan and tother things」 「何かを見せる代わりにブルースとダンを踊るなり、または他の何かをしてください」コンテンポラリー・アート・フェスティバル会場に設置された現代美術家ティノ・セガルの作品の標語の日本語訳の意味がわかりません。 英語専門の方、教えてください。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

英語の意味としては「何かがブルースやダンやその他のものを踊りながらあなたの顔のところまで上っていくのを許す代わりに」のようなことだと思います。 ブルースとダンというのは、ブルース・ノイマン(Bruce Nauman)とダン・グラハム (Dan Graham)という人たちの作品のことを指しているらしいです。 http://www.dexigner.com/art/announcements-g987.html http://www.fogless.net/artreview/050205_ica_ts/sehgal.html

kayosi
質問者

お礼

本当に英語和訳は難しいですね。 ブルースとダンについてよくお調べになってますね。参考になりました。 ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.3

まず「tother」が「other」のミスタイプですが、そこを割り引いても、原語(英語)の題名がそもそも、少なくとも一見すると、意味を成さないのです。なので日本語訳もそれに準じて、わざと、文章として成り立たない表現にしているのです。とかく現代美術はそうですが、一見するとワケのわからないものを提示して、鑑賞する人に解釈を委ねているのだと思います。

kayosi
質問者

お礼

本当に英語和訳は難しいですね。 お陰さまで納得がいきました。 ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#210617
noname#210617
回答No.2

あなたの表情になんらかの感情を浮かび上がらせようとする変わりに、 踊るブルースとダンやらその他のものを。

kayosi
質問者

お礼

本当に英語和訳は難しいですね。 ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳してくださいm(__)m

翻訳機だと変になってわかりませんでした(>_<) Yess (heart)(heart)(heart) But I want it to take a long time like over 30 minutes And I dare you to do 2 things while you sit on my face. 1 I dare you to take a picture of yourself while you are sitting on my face, make sure no one can see me in the picture and use it as a profile picture. 2 I dare you to talk to someone on the phone while you are sitting on me はどういう意味ですか?

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的な部分は意訳していただけると ありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 One of the things that can be important in a relationship are the kind of hobby and social life that the other person is used to and likes. If he is a stay at home character, contented to potter round the house in his free time, or if he is wild extravagant and always socializing and wants an independent life outside the relationship to do so. If he will shut you out of his leisure. Or if you’ll socialize and become in involved in thing together as a couple. These things can be important within the structure of a relationship and can help draw the bond closer, or change it. So this is what I will come to now.

• 高校1年 英文翻訳

★至急翻訳お願いします Life is full of adventures. Never give up,and have more guts! These are the mottos kept in Akiko 's mind. I don't like to think about the things I can't do. Instead ,I like to think about the things I can do. I want people around me to change and I also want to change and grow. By making the most of her abilities,she hopes that other deaf people will follow suit. I believe dreams are for everyone

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Despite DeLeo's hesitance to work with Weiland again in the future, the decision to fire him wasn't an easy one. “It was a very difficult decision to terminate your singer, man, it wasn't an easy decision to do that,” DeLeo said. “Look at the past 10 years of what STP has done and it hasn't been much. I don't want to spend the next 10 years doing, or not doing, the same thing. I feel we have a lot to offer the face of music and some valid things to write and do and that's the way I want to spend my career.” Weiland has taken time apart from STP twice in the past. From mid 1997 to late 1998 the band were on hiatus, and from 2003 to 2008 they were broken up. STP fired Weiland in February, and replaced him with Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington in May.

• ":"の列挙と反復について

There are three things: という始まりで、列挙したいのですが、 このあとに、"the things" を入れるか、 "which"を入れるかで迷ってます。 自然な英語にしたいのですが、 このあと、the things やwhichなしに、 ,やandで繋げたほうがよいのでしょうか? three thing の列挙内容は、 I have to do ~や I can do~ などといった文章です。 もし、the thingやwhichにする場合、 二回目、三回目の反復時に省略できますか? 三回目の反復時にand をつけるべきでしょうか。 どなたかご教授いただけないでしょうか。 宜しくお願い致します。

• 翻訳してください。

During my first space sleep, I discovered that my arms and legs moved automatically into a ''sleep position.'' Instead of hanging at my sides, as they would have on Earth, my arms drifted out in front of me, motionless, at about shoulder height. It was strange to open my eyes and see my arms dangling in front of my face.

• 翻訳(和訳)をお願いします

“Maybe you’re looking at this being like, 'Jennette, you look fine.' First off, you can't tell from an Instagram photo… ‘You have great skin’ and I’m thinking, ‘No, I don’t. I know how to put makeup on my face. I know how to find a good foundation shade and the right application." “I'm considering posting a picture but I'm too insecure to do do it. It's interesting to me because I can access vulnerability so easily in so many ways, but with my face, it's hard. Like with my words, I can. With my face, I don't think I can." She continues, “And I wish it didn't matter to me. I wish that I could be past caring about my acne, just go 'Oh, it's whatever. It's just a thing that I have, you know, who cares?' "But I care so much, I just wish my skin was smooth," she shared. "I feel like, dirty, because of my acne. It makes me sad that I feel that way about myself.” “I've tried everything. And the only thing I haven't tried, I guess, is just accepting it and owning it. And maybe the reason that’s the only thing I haven’t tried is that’s the hardest thing to try.” ニキビに悩んでいる女性の文章です。 比較的簡単な単語が使われていますが、翻訳サイトを使っても何となくしか意味が理解できません。

• 意味が掴めないところを教えてください。

James Thurberの『The Moth and the Star』という短編からの質問です。 A young and impressionable moth once set his heart on a certain star. He told his mother about this and she counselled him to set his heart on a bridge lamp instead. 'Stars aren't the thing to hang around,' she said; 'lamps are the thing to hang around.' 'You get somewhere that way,' said the moth's father. 'You don't get anywhere chasing stars.' But the moth would not heed the words of either parent. 'You get somewhere that way,'のところなのですが、 that wayはランプのまわりを飛ぶ方法の事ですか? 'You get somewhere that way,'は あなたはどこかでランプのまわりを飛ぶ方法を得ます、ですか? なんとなく未来のことを言っている感じもするのですが、現在形で表現されててOKなのでしょうか? 教えていただけると嬉しいです。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Duff McKagan recently spoke on the Standard Ass Rock Show to support the DeLeo bros (and Kretzel's) decision to boot frontman Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots. “The Stone Temple Pilots guys, they had to do what they had to do. I completely [chuckle]… I understood what they had to do. I think they got a lot of backlash from STP fans, but what are you gonna do? They did the thing they needed to do, and good for them – they're healthy guys and good fellows, guys you pull for if you know them and you understand what they went through. “I went through the same thing with their singer and it's really frustrating. It's utterly frustrating when things are going good and one guy's kind of dragging it down. Or dragging it sideways at least … Sideways … I'll say sideways.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

It pains me to write the things I do on here (I want to be writing positive Scott articles) but to act like Scott showing up late and performing drunk is okay for his health wouldn't be the right thing to do, it's a road that will end in his death. I sincerely hope if there is anybody reading this article who knows Scott that they can reach out to him and prevent the worst from happening. ※『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。