• ベストアンサー

the music for My Fair Lady

the music for My Fair Ladyのforってどういう意味ですか????辞書をしらべてもなかなか、ぱっとあてはまるものがなくて・・・ あと、全然違う質問なのですが、I am a fan of yours.っていうのはI am a fan of you.とすると間違いなのでしょうか????

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#18922
noname#18922
回答No.2

念のため、"My Fair Lady" は 1964 年公開のミュージカル映画の題名です。こんな風に各単語の頭が大文字になっている場合には、映画・小説・歌などのタイトルではないかと疑ってみると良いでしょう。  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058385/  http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0001KNI4Y/

その他の回答 (1)

• toko0503
  • ベストアンサー率36% (886/2437)
回答No.1

> the music for My Fair Lady My Fair Lady のための音楽ってことではないでしょうか。 > I am a fan of yours. あなたのたくさん居るファンの中の一人なので この表現になります。 You are a friend of mine. と同じですね。 You are a friend of me. って言わないでしょう?

関連するQ&A

• fairの意味がわかりません。

辞書を見れば"fair"の意味がたくさんありますよね? "I paid my fair share of income tax" というときの"fair"の意味が知りたいです。ご助言をお願いできますか?

• for my sake/on my account/for myself

お願いします。 ”私のために”という意味合いで使われるとき、この3つには どういったニュアンスの違いがあるのでしょうか? (ドラマ(70年代)の中でfor my sake, on my accountが使われた場面を書き添えます) 1) for my sake 刑事A,Bが捜査上の意見の食い違いから言い争いをする場面です。 A: Hey, what are you doing? B: A, for your sake... A: You're out of your tree. B: For your sake, it's better this way. A: For my sake? B: Yes. 2) on my account 刑事Aがshowgirl,Xに聞き込みをする場面で、 X: You know, I think I should like you. A: Me? ... Why? X: You're embarrassing me. A: I'm embarrassing you? X: It's just that we're so used to getting dressed and undressed around here. Men come in, and they either don't care or they leer. You're blushing.(とニッコリ) A: (照れながら、笑顔)… といったやりとりのあとの、帰り際の会話です。 X: Listen. The next time you see me, I will be dressed. A: (笑顔で)Don't do anything on my account. 3) シンプルなfor myselfという表現を使う。 お時間ありましたら、お願いします。

• 教えてください。日本語にするとなんと読むのでしょうか?

i am a captive of you for good ↑辞書で調べても・・・わかりません。 お願いします。

• 洋画「マイ・フェア・レディ」について!!!

こんにちは。早速質問をさせていただきます。 映画「マイ・フェア・レディ」の中で使われている英語について気になることを箇条書きでかまいませんのでできるだけ多くお願いします!! たとえば、「ここの部分しゃべってる英語と字幕の日本語の意味がちょっと違う!」とか、「普通この場面でこの英語は使わないよ!」系な感じでお願いします。どこがどう違うのかまで記してくれると本当にありがたいです。 映画「マイ・フェア・レディ」のファンの方や、最近見た、という方、よろしくお願いします!!!!

• my の使い方

マーク・ピーターセンの「日本人の英語」三部作を読んで目からウロコがたくさん落ちました。その第二部「続・日本人の英語」に my の使い方について大変興味深い記述があります。 What did you do on Sunday? I went to a movie. Who(m) did you go with? I went with my friend. という例文で この with my friend には大変な問題があるそうだ。 my friend というと the friend of mine と言う意味になり、the が誰を指すかが話し手と聞き手の間に共通の認識がない場合は、the only friend of mine という意味になり、つまりこの人には友達は一人しかいないことになってしまうので、友達が一人でないならば、 with one of my friend または with a friend と言わなければいけないとのことである。 これは、大変良く理解できたのだが、では、友達(の一人)と歩いているときに、例えば学校の先生とか親戚の人に会って、自分の友達を紹介しなければいけない状況で This is my friend, Mr. Sato. は、やはり間違いなのでしょうか? 目の前にいる人のことだから、my friend で良いような気もしますが、自信がありません。 辞書でmyを引いてもこのような記述は全然ありません。 (まあ、この項だけの事ではないけれど) 出来れば英語環境で育ったような方のご回答を期待しています。

• 今日のミュージックフェアでの曲

今日のミュージックフェアの最後か最後の方で男性2人が歌っていた曲の曲名が知りたいです。 歌っていた2人の名前は知りませんが(クラス?)、その2人の持ち歌って感じではなかったです。 サビの頭に、Song for youみたいな英語の言葉が入ってました。

• I am sure of my friends意味

I am sure of my friends. I am sure of my own potential. I am sure of my ability to do ... I am sure of my love towards you. と様々な使われ方がされているbe sure of は、 なんと訳したらいいのでしょうか? 特に、I am sure of my friends.がわかりません。 フランス語には、Je suis sûr(e) de mes amis.と訳されるのですが。

• forとtoward

I have little inclination for music. He has a learning toward the study of economics. 辞書の類義語のところを見ていたらこういう二つの文章がありました。二つ目の文章もforでいい気がしたのですが…。 教えてください。

• Lady Gagaのインタビューのスクリプト

英語を勉強しています。 Lady Gagaのインタビューを聞いていて、分からない箇所や全体的に不安なので分かる方いらっしゃいましたら教えてください。 こちらが動画になります。(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJSoAwJ4gw) 下記私がわかる範囲で記述したものです。「?」の箇所は特に分からない箇所です。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Hello I’m Lady Gaga and you’re watching BEST HIT USA. I started it up by myself leaning by ear and then I started to take piano lessons, classical. They were very strict with me growing up and I used to have to sit at the piano for hours to practice. When I was younger I resented my mother for this discipline but when I turned about eleven years old, I was very grateful to her because I was an expert at piano. I was probably better at piano then than I am now. I planed actually during my time off to take lessons again. But it has (?) me as a musical person. I almost went to (the?) Juilliard, piano music school in New York. But I actually decided instead to take an acting art class on the weekends. I was a full-12-hours-day of dance and acting and screenplay writing also (to things?). And I guess you could say the (?) drove me in a different direction. It’s not an entirely new message. In the 70’s, a movie (is?) like “Paris is burning” and artist like Andy Warhol used to scream this message from the top, so the museums in New York. I believe that “Fame” is intrinsic that through your fashion and your passion for art and friendship and love. You can feel famous without money. As much as I’m obsessed with (?) fashion. What people don’t always know about me is that a lot of the stuff that I use in this show is very handmade. It’s a(?) thing that people all of the world can do for very inexpensive. My relationship with Andy (?) continues to grow (already years?). I feel like I learn something new about him everyday. My favorite thing about Andy used to be that he wanted to make fine art (out of?) commercial art, the advertisement as something at was museum where (?). I went to Warhol’s exhibit in Paris. My record label wanted to kill me because I left for four hours. But it was amazing. I am still in my infancy and I saw myself in that painting. I felt so much like that young, indecisive artist (to was?) still trying to find my own voice. I was comforted that I have so many yeas ahead of me to continue to grow. Andy decided who he wanted to be is that is my inspiration for every person on the planet. I don’t know what (is?). I do also (things?) there is a strong futuristic (?) element to music as well as the clothe. I think (?) because of my desire to transcend my position as an artist in (my?) from underground to commercial music. A lot of my philosophies (stem?) from my obsession with the art 70’s and the 80’s. So (for?) me it was a time of celebration, a time of a music and art and lifestyle as a synonyms. Vanity was not an agley thing, it was art, it was part of your self-understanding and it was way to to find yourself as well as feel good and love yourself. I will die in a piece of art that I have made. (?) hold my props. I would say to anyone that is not sure how to express themselves. I would say spend a lot of time reading books and going to museums, watching old movies and researching on (the?) internet and make a folder of all of the things that you really love. I think that’s a good way (come?) to start finding out who you are. You’ll see (that?) images will start to make sense. They will be through line a philosophy. 終わり。

• for all my carping

NHK実践ビジネス英語2017年6月号Lesson 6(3)のGraceさんの台詞で、次の所有格付き動名詞句が出てきますが、この”For all”が分かりませんでした。 ” For all my carping about the way we cling to paper” 「私たちが紙にこだわっている状況に、私は文句を言いながらも」 最初は”For / all my carping“かなと思いましたが、辞書では、「for all…にもかかわらず」(in spite of)cf. with all [譲歩]「…がありながら、…にもかかわらず」よりも文語的とありました。 テキスト訳では「文句を言いながらも」ですから、「文句を言っているにもかかわらず」という意味に通じますね。Web検索でも確かに”「for all …にもかかわらず」が出てきます。 ここで質問ですが、”for all”は、”for all of us”や”for all concerned”など、「全ての人・事柄にとって」という意味での使われ方が普通だと思いますが、”For all my carping about the way”という用法も、英語では同じ意味でしょうか?日本語にするから、「全ての人・事柄にとって」と訳す場合もあれば、「…にもかかわらず」という訳す場合もあるというだけなんでしょうか? Grace: True. For all my carping about the way we cling to paper, I guess deep down I still believe that a document isn't “real” or permanent unless it's printed out on paper. @2017年6月L6(3) ※OKWAVEより補足:テーマ「実践ビジネス英語」から投稿された質問です。