• ベストアンサー

この英文の動詞はどこですか

What right have other people to know what went on behind closed doors in your family? この英文の動詞はどこですか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

What right と始まっているので、これを訪ねている文ですね。What right を X として、平叙文に書き換えると  → Other people have X to know ... つまり、「どんな知る権利があるのか」 ということを訪ねている文なので、動詞は have です。 「赤の他人が、よその家族のことをあれこれと詮索する権利などあるというのか、いや、そんな権利などないだろうじゃないか」 という感じの文ですね。

fuma_suzuki
質問者

お礼

詳しい解説ありがとうございました!

fuma_suzuki
質問者

補足

どうして、What right do other people have? という風にならないのですか? 疑問文を作るときはdoやdoesをつけるのが約束だと考えていました。 ex) You like blue. ↓ What color do you like?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

>どうして、What right do other people have? という風にならないのですか? >疑問文を作るときはdoやdoesをつけるのが約束だと考えていました。 これは、やや古風なイギリス英語の特徴です。 今はあまり使いませんが、イギリス英語では、haveを使った文を疑問文にするとき、doやdoesを用いるのではなく、動詞haveそのものを文頭に持ってくるものでした。 これは現在の have got という言い方に名残をとどめています。 (現在完了形と同じ形で、疑問文にするとhaveが文頭に出てgotが残ります。) なお、イギリスでも、What right do other people have?のようにdoやdoesを用いて疑問文を作ったからといって、通じないとか誤りになるとかいうことはありませんのでご安心ください。 検索していたらこのようなものが出てきましたので貼っておきますね。 同じ形式でhaveを使用している文例です。 https://oshiete.goo.ne.jp/qa/3805571.html

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9742/12126)
回答No.1

>What right have other people to know what went on behind closed doors in your family? >この英文の動詞はどこですか? ⇒What right have other people to ~「他人が~するためにいかなる/何の権利を持つか」の中のhave(が主節の動詞)です。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 動詞の現在形の使い方の質問です

動詞の現在形の使い方で自信がないのでお尋ねします。 次の英文は、 毎回起きる手順としてゲームのルールを記述していと解釈できますか? それとも、ルールではないが、あなたが出演した時にこういう展開になったと解釈できますか? あるいは両方に解釈できますか? Suppose you’re on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors. Behind one door is a car, behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say #1, and the host, who knows whats behind the doors,  opens another door, say #3, which has a goat. He says to you, "Do you want to pick door #2?" なおこの後は以下が続きます。 Is it to your advantage to switch your choice of doors?

• 主語と動詞のある英文

主語と動詞のある英文 次の質問に主語と動詞のある英文で答えてください (1) When will Helen send an e-mail to her family? (2) Why does Akemi`s mother use the telephone more often than e-mail ? (3) What will Akemi speak about in her English speech? (1)~(3)はどのような形で英文を作ればいいか教えてください! 又.質問の和訳もよかったら教えてください 宜しくお願いします

• 主語と動詞を含む英文

次の(1)と(2)の英文を読んで.あとの問いに対する答えを主語と動詞を含む英文1文で書いてください (1) Reading is fun. There are many kinds of books to read in the world. Many people enjoy reading in their free time and can get diffrent ideas and useful information from books. 問い What can many people get from books? (2) Sam likes to visit the art museum. Last Sunday he went there again. He left home at 9:10. It usually takes fifty minutes to go there by car. but on that day it took one hour because he had a rest for ten minutes on his way there. 問い What time did Sam get to the art museum last Sunday? rest.....休憩 すみませんが教えてください!!

• 主語と動詞のある英文

次の質問に主語と動詞のある英文で答えてください (1) When will Helen send an e-mail to her family? (2) Why does Akemi`s mother use the telephone more often than e-mail ? (3) What will Akemi speak about in her English speech? (1)~(3)はどのような形で英文を作ればいいか教えてください! 又.和訳もよかったら教えてください 宜しくお願いします.

• この英文

All I know Is that you want to break it I just want to say Is that your feeling? You know what you are? Tell me why Did you turn your back right no me You drive me crazy!! We just carry on our relation that we can't keep any more But we have to make it for us 'cuz I'm never gonna make it If I see your mind without the wall of emotion that I tore I could get everything back It's back to me just like that! (全体に公開) 英語に詳しいかた この英文の日本語訳を教えて下さい。

• same as ~ の使い方

平素よりお世話になっております。 表題の件に関して、ご指導のほど、よろしくお願い申し上げます。 テキストに、 No matter what city you live in, you have access to the same TV program as people in other parts of the country. という英文があって、その数行下に、 If your friends and family watch some of the same program as you do, they can learn more about the things that interest you. という英文があります。 下の書き方に習うと、上の英文も、as people in other parts of the country do. とした方がいいのではないでしょうか。(少なくとも自分にはその方が読みやすい) それとも上の英文と下の英文は違うのでしょうか? どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• ここで書かれているshopは、名詞?動詞?

You know, Caty, we usually shop for inexpensive clothes, but there are some people who love only expensive clothes. この英文のshopは、名詞だと思うんですが、どうでしょうか?もしかして動詞? 宜しくお願いします

• この英文を訳してもらえませんか?

この英文を訳してもらえませんか? Hello dear new friend, how are you today i hope that every things is ok with you as is my pleassure to contact you after viewing your profile which really interest me in having communication with you if you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other better and see what happened in future. i will be very happy if you can write me through my email for easiest communication and to know all about each other,here is my email (****@yahoo.com) i will be waiting to hear from you as i wish you all the best for your day. yours new friend linda

• 次の英文で、whoを受ける動詞はどれですか?

Since the Fukushima accident we have seen a stream of experts on radiation telling us not to worry, that the doses are too low, that the accident is nothing like Chernobyl and so forth. They appear on television and we read their articles in the newspapers and online. Fortunately the majority of the public don’t believe them. I myself have appeared on television and radio with these people; one example was Ian Fells of the University of Newcastle who, after telling us all on BBC News that the accident was nothing like Chernobyl (wrong), and the radiation levels of no consequence (wrong), that the main problem was that there was no electricity and that the lifts didn’t work. “ If you have been in a situation when the lifts don’t work, as I have” he burbled on, “you will know what I mean.” You can see this interview on youtube and decide for yourself. What these people have in common is ignorance. You may think a professor at a university must actually know something about their subject. But this is not so. Nearly all of these experts who appear and pontificate have not actually done any research on the issue of radiation and health. Or if they have, they seem to have missed all the key studies and references. I leave out the real baddies, who are closely attached to the nuclear industry, like Richard Wakeford, or Richard D as he calls himself on the anonymous website he has set up to attack me, “chrisbusbyexposed”. Ian Fells of the University of Newcastle whoとありますが、whoを受ける動詞はどれですか? telling us all on BBC News とありますが、tellingの目的節がthat以下になって最後のthatはand that になるはずと思うのですが、どうもそのようになってない。and that the lifts didn’t workのand that は the main problem was に対するthatですよね? 最後に、liftと“chrisbusbyexposed”の意味が分かりません。

• 大学受験 この英文の文法を教えてください!!!

In that case you will be aware of the fact that to do a good job of acting,you willneed to know what other performers who have appeared on the stage in earlier scens have said and done. この英文のthat to do a good job のところの文法がわからないです。このthatの用法はなんですか??thatのあとにto不定詞がきているのがわからないです。 よろしくお願いします!