• 締切済み

大学受験 この英文の文法を教えてください!!!

In that case you will be aware of the fact that to do a good job of acting,you willneed to know what other performers who have appeared on the stage in earlier scens have said and done. この英文のthat to do a good job のところの文法がわからないです。このthatの用法はなんですか??thatのあとにto不定詞がきているのがわからないです。 よろしくお願いします!

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

回答No.3

the fact と同格の that 節です。 that の後に SV と文的なものが続きますが、 独立した文で SV の前後に M が自由につくように、 to do ~「~するために」がついています。 というか、to do ~, SV でまとまった SV みたいなものです。 「演技の仕事をうまくするためには、あなたは~を知ることが必要である」 という事実 この「~するために」というのはあくまでも、後の you will need ~ にかかり、これがまとまって the fact that 節となっています。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

> In that case you will be aware of the fact that to do a good job of acting, you will need to know what other performers who have appeared on the stage in earlier scenes have said and done.  長い文なので、一見するとややこしいですね。少し簡単な文に書き換えてみましょう。  → You will be aware of the fact that to do a good job of acting, you will need to know what other performers have said and done.  これなら、長さだけでも短くなったので、分析しやすいかも。  この文がどこで区切られているかを見てみます。次のようになります。区切りは1ヶ所だけ入れてみます。  → You will be aware of the fact / that to do a good job of acting, you will need to know what other performers have said and done.  まだ分かりにくいかもしれないので、文をもっと短くしてみます。  → (that) to do a good job of acting, you will need to know what other performers have said and done  頭の that はないものとして読んでみて下さい。  この to do は 「・・・ するためには」 と解釈してみます。すると、「a good job of acting をするためには、what other performers have said and done を知る必要がる」 と読めます。  とりあえずないものとしてみましたが、この that はどんな働きをしているかというと、the fact という名詞を修飾する内容 (つまり that 以下に述べられていること) を導いています。  the fact that ... は、「・・・ という事実」 という形になっていることが分かります。  大事なのは、「that 以下」 の範囲です。上に出した短縮した文の場合で示すと、   to do a good job of acting, you will need to know what other performers have said and done  これでも長いですが、要するに that の範囲は、that の後ろから文末までのすべての部分が含まれます。  ここまで分かると、かなり理解しやすくなるのではないでしょうか。  大ざっぱに訳すと 「いい演技をするためには、他の演技者がどんなことを言ったか、どんなことをしたかという、そういうことを知る必要がある」 のようなことです。 > このthatの用法はなんですか?  文法はよく知らないので、うまく説明できませんが、用法というか働きとしては、that 以下が the fact という名詞を修飾させるための働きをしています。

回答No.1

英文の構造は、下記の通りです。 In that case you will be aware of the fact that ~ そのような場合、あなたは~という事実に気付くことでしょう。 "the fact that ~" は、「~という事実」です。 to do a good job of acting, you will need to know 上手な演技をするために、あなたは知る必要がある what other performers who have appeared on the stage in earlier scenes have said and done. 先の場面で舞台に登場した他の出演者が、何を言い、何をしたかを

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えてください

The basic point is that you've got to be before you can do, and do before you can have. You've got to be the right kind of person and do the right thing in order to have balanced success in all areas of life. Once we've reestablished the fact that good foundational qualities are the successful beginning of all car. この文のThe basic point is that you've got to be before you can do, and do before you can have. はどんな意味になるのでしょうか?教えてください、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の文法チェックお願いします

下記の英文はあっているのでしょうか? I haven't talked to you in a while. I'm sorry that you leave your job When I first get to new workplace, I do not like. I did not like coworkers and my building. Now I get promotion. I get to work with 6 Japanese people and I do not have supervisor always asking questions. I have never meet Penpal before. I start using website in November アメリカ出身のペンパルが書いてくれたものなんですが、一行目のin a whileはfor a while ではないのですか?? あと、ちょこちょこ時制があっていないような気がするのですが(過去形のはずが現在形だったり)、これは普通なのでしょうか?

• 英文で文法的に解らない箇所があります。

Do not race up a mountain. Start early enough so that you may not have to hurry. Enjoy the views,the trees,and the wild flowers. Walking in the woods and rock climbing are arts to be learned slowly. They demand a harmonious working of eye,foot,and hand,with a good understanding of the character of soils,rocks,and logs,wet or dry,solid or rotten,and good judgment as to one's own and fellow hikers' abilities. 上記の英文で、with a good understanding of the character of soils,rocks,and logs,wet or dry,solid or rotten,and good judgment as to one's own and fellow hikers' abilities. の部分ですが、as to if they are wet or dry,solid or rottenと考えていいのでしょうか?あるいはもっと他にシンプルな考え方がありますか? 次に、good judgment 以下は、前にwithが省略されていてgood understanding と同格なんでしょうか? それともThey demand の目的語になってるのでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• 文法についての質問です。

What do you think Internet auctions are popular in Japan? というエッセイが出題されたのですが、What do you think of the fact that Internet auctions are popular in Japan? という意味だとは思うのですが、これは文法的に正しいのですか?

• 次の英文訳してくださいお願いします!!

(1) The fact that those who are overweight die earlier than those who are not should be easy to understand. (2) The fact that domestic cats will share a home with a human family is, in itself, proof of their flexibility. (3) It was very pleasant to sit and watch the bathers splashing about in the water. 以下の3文お願いします。

• 英文解釈お願いします

If the matter is one that can be settled by observation,make the observation yourself. Aristotle could have avoided the mistake of thinking that women have fewer teeth than men,by the simple device of asking. Mrs Aristotle to keep her mouth open while he counted. He didnot do so because he thought he knew. Thinking that you know when in fact you don't is a fatal mistake,to which we are all prone. この文の訳と構造分析お願いします

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

So the first things to do is make sure you are close enough to the outside that you do not have to depend on reports.The best example I know: many years ago a man built one of the world's major businesses, the first business that really took advantage of the great change in medicine when the practice of medicine shifted from the individual practitioner to the hospital (that happened after the Second World War in the develop countries.) 

• ◆今日中に(__) 文法問題 添削

次の問題の()に適当なものを入れて下さい。 なぜそうなるのかも教えていただけたら嬉しいです! 1.Your teacher would have given you some practical advice, if you ((2)) her that you had trouble with your family. (1)would have told (2)had told (3)would have asked (4)had asked 2.No answer ((3)), we had no choice but to attack the suspicious-looking ship. (1)receiving (2)having been received (3)was received (4)had received 3.The long and heated discussion ended ((4)) no conclusion reached. (1)as (2)when (3)and (4)with 4.Paul made his way ((3)) he believed to be the right direction. (1)how (2)where (3)in which (4)in what 5."If I do a good job on this project, is there any possibility ((1))?" he asked. (1)of me get a raise (2)that I got a raise (3)of my getting a raise (4)to getting a raise

• YouTubeで届いた英文が分かりまん。

YouTubeで届いた英文が分かりまん。 英文のメッセージが届いたのですが だいたいしか分かりません。 翻訳できる方お願いします!↓ WOW! Nice Vids! Heya, Earlier today I was browsing through some of your videos and I have to say, I'm impressed. I was puzzled by the fact that you had so few views, how come? I personally think that your videos are better than 99% of the stuff on here! For the first time in a while I found some videos that were pretty enjoyable to watch, kudos to you for that! :P It's weird how people would rather watch the generic, boring, dull stuff instead of something fresh, original and interesting eh? I also wanted to mention that I had the same problem as you before, but successfully got rid of it using http://hops.me/15 It sends a ton of views to your videos and helps you get ranked in the YouTube search engine. It's really good for getting the community to notice your material/channel. If you try it out right now you can get in on their free trial, it might work for you like it did for me, right? Either way, appreciate the content you're putting out, I look forward to more!

• 大学受験、英作文の添削をお願いします…

TOPIC:THE LOW BIRTH RATE IS NOT REALLY A PROBLE FOR JAPAN. Im against the opinion.There are many problems difficult to solve. For example,if this low birth rate continues,Japan will have too small population.Besides,Japan is aging society.In that case,the government cannot get sufficient tax,so it has to raise tax in order to keep current level of social security.Young people will have to lead hard living and not afford to have a child.That will lead to even lower birth rate.74 Low birth rate also has a effects on educational enthusiasm.If you have only one child,you will arguablly hope that he will have high academic background to get good paid job.So many people will make their child study hard from 10 years old or so.Average academic level will rise,and companies will requre much higher abilities.There will come much diffcult time to get a good job for the non-educated. 長くなりました。こんなにwill連発でいいのでしょうか??改善のしかたを教えてください。英文(の書き方や話のつなげかた)をまずひと通り暗記したほうが早いでしょうか。