Helping My Mom Find Companionship

このQ&Aのポイント
  • My father passed away over 10 years ago and my mother has been single since then. She dated a man briefly but ended the relationship due to his excessive drinking. Although my mom has many friends and hobbies, she often feels like a third wheel when hanging out with her married friends. I want to help her find consistent companionship, but she refuses to try online dating. Are there any other ways I can assist her?
  • After my father's passing, my mother entered a brief relationship that ended because the man had an alcohol problem. Despite her active social life, my mom sometimes feels left out when she spends time with her friends and their partners. I want to support her in finding a partner, but she is resistant to the idea of online dating. How else can I help her in this situation?
  • It has been more than a decade since my father passed away, leaving my mother single. She had a short-lived relationship a few years ago, which ended due to the man's alcohol abuse. Although my mom is funny, intelligent, and beautiful, she often feels like a third wheel when hanging out with her long-married friends. I've suggested online dating, but she is not interested. What other options can I explore to assist her in finding companionship?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

My father passed away more than 10 years ago rather suddenly. My mother dated a man for a while a few years ago, but she left him because his drinking was out of control. Her friends are all couples that have been married nearly 40 years, and she loves them, but she often feels like a third wheel (or fifth or seventh). My mom is awesome—she’s funny and intelligent and beautiful and has lots of friends and hobbies, but I know she’s missing consistent companionship (i.e. a man-friend). I keep steering her toward online dating, but she won’t bite. Aside from going to weird over-60 bars, what can I do to help her? weird over-60 barsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.2

>weird over-60 barsはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒「60歳以上の(人が常連の)風変わりなバー(に行ってもらうことを除けば、私は彼女〈母〉を手助けするために何ができますか?)」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

noname#233329
noname#233329
回答No.1

weird over-60 barsを検索すればいい

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have a longtime friend who opened up her own family therapy practice a few years ago. She is a great person and a credit to her profession, but more and more often she is unable to “shut off” her advice-giving. She’ll give her “professional opinion” and suggest techniques for others to try, without being asked, in private conversations, in group settings, at parties, at church, and on social media. You might think, “This is great! Free professional advice!” as I did at first, but instead of feeling heard as a friend, I feel like my whole life is up for comment or criticism. my whole life is up for comment or criticismとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• なぜ進行形ではないか

Two years ago I moved to a beautiful suburb where there is no social life for someone under 40 without kids. I’ve mostly counted on my friends online. My best friend had also been living somewhere where she didn’t have a big social life, and we were both fairly depressed. I felt we were really close, and we talked almost every day online and a couple of times a month on the phone. A month ago she moved to New York City, where she now lives with an old friend and has many other friends nearby. She got a pet she loves and is doing really well in her field, and her depression is improving. I’m really happy for her. But she hasn’t spontaneously contacted me since she moved. I messaged her once, and her replies were monosyllabic. She hasn’t really engaged with me on social media, although she’s been more active than ever. I miss her, and I feel incredibly alone and depressed. I’ve cried for days about this. Our mutual friend thinks she’s just busy, but I suspect she doesn’t have room for me in her life anymore. I tried to be a supportive friend through all her rough times, but she’s basically gone from my life. How do I get over the hurt? Am I just jealous? 最後のところは「今まさにそのような状態」なのでAm I just being jealous?とはならないのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My grandma is 84 years old and still able to live independently. I spent time in her home a few years ago and discovered that she no longer showers because she is afraid of slipping. It also is too hard for her to step over the lip of the bathtub. step over the lip of the bathtubはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• grow absent

I had my daughter about six months ago. In my circle of friends I’m the only to have a baby, so needless to say she gets a lot of attention. One friend in particular seems to be a little obsessed with her, and it kind of freaks me and my husband out. She’s constantly buying things for her, referring to herself as her godmother (she’s not, my sister is, and she knows it). She asks for pictures of her throughout the day to help get her through work, and mentions that while she’s looking for a new job she would never relocate because she wants to be near my daughter. And recently when she comes over, she asks if she can wear her in my baby carrier so people will think she’s her child! I appreciate that she is so supportive of us, and I know most people find their childless friends grow absent once they have a baby, but this is just a little over the top. grow absentはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Since my son was born six months ago, I’ve run into an acquaintance a few times. Whenever I see her, she remarks, “Oh, what a beautiful baby! Really, I’m not just saying that. Usually I only think black babies are cute, but he is just darling.” I’m white, she’s white, and my son is white. So far I’ve just been smiling awkwardly and changing the subject. Is this OK? I don’t want to perpetuate her benevolent racism, but I also don’t really know her that well or see her very often. perpetuate her benevolent racismはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

My friend died 13 years ago, leaving his wife $1 million in life insurance. Since then, she has lived a high lifestyle. She bought two high-end cars, put in a spa that she keeps heated 24/7 “just in case” she feels like using it, remodeled her kitchen as a way to employ a boyfriend, and buys pot and booze for all her hanger-on friends. put in a spaとbuys pot and booze for all her hanger-on friendsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

Months ago, I borrowed some comics from my friend, whom I had only seen sporadically for years. We were trying to reconnect. However, I recently realized that she’s self-centered, prejudiced, and doubles down on her prejudice when called out. doubles down on her prejudice when called outの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• facets of my appearance

“Katie” has been my best friend for five years. I have enjoyed being friends with her, but she tends to be overly critical of people she’s close to. For example, she’s criticized facets of my appearance, my decision to date certain guys, and even my choice of program for a postgraduate degree. ここでのfacetsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• direct

My best friend lost her fiancé to brain cancer a month ago. He was 28, she’s 27. They had been together eight years and had planned to marry and have kids. We’re all grieving. However, I’m at a loss of how to help or where to direct my friend. direct my friendはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My ex-husband and I split up over five years ago. My daughter was just turning 4 and had a difficult time, but I did everything I could to make the transition easy. We never did anything “officially,” and although her father was horrible to me, he was an excellent dad and I supported them seeing each other every chance they could. In the beginning, he would only take her for a few hours some days and overnight occasionally. ここでのtake herはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします