My Friend's Unwanted Advice: When my Whole Life Becomes a Topic of Discussion

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A longtime friend who is a family therapist often gives unsolicited advice in various settings, causing me to feel like my whole life is up for comment or criticism.
  • Despite her good intentions, my friend's constant advice-giving leaves me feeling unheard and like my personal life is constantly being evaluated.
  • I appreciate her expertise, but I would like to find a way to set boundaries and maintain a balanced friendship.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

I have a longtime friend who opened up her own family therapy practice a few years ago. She is a great person and a credit to her profession, but more and more often she is unable to “shut off” her advice-giving. She’ll give her “professional opinion” and suggest techniques for others to try, without being asked, in private conversations, in group settings, at parties, at church, and on social media. You might think, “This is great! Free professional advice!” as I did at first, but instead of feeling heard as a friend, I feel like my whole life is up for comment or criticism. my whole life is up for comment or criticismとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4112/5346)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

my whole life is up for comment or criticismとはどのような意味でしょうか?  私の一生全部が、コメントとか批評に取り上げられる  (あなたは『しめた、専門家の忠告がタダで聞ける』と思うかも知れない、私も初めはそう思った、でも(いまでは)友達として聞いてもらえるのではなく)私の暮らしの全てがコメントや批判に曝されている(ように感じる。)

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I had this friend growing up. Our houses backed up to each other, and we were very close friends and had a lot of sleepovers at each other’s houses, so I knew her parents very well. Our houses backed up to each otherはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• なぜ進行形ではないか

Two years ago I moved to a beautiful suburb where there is no social life for someone under 40 without kids. I’ve mostly counted on my friends online. My best friend had also been living somewhere where she didn’t have a big social life, and we were both fairly depressed. I felt we were really close, and we talked almost every day online and a couple of times a month on the phone. A month ago she moved to New York City, where she now lives with an old friend and has many other friends nearby. She got a pet she loves and is doing really well in her field, and her depression is improving. I’m really happy for her. But she hasn’t spontaneously contacted me since she moved. I messaged her once, and her replies were monosyllabic. She hasn’t really engaged with me on social media, although she’s been more active than ever. I miss her, and I feel incredibly alone and depressed. I’ve cried for days about this. Our mutual friend thinks she’s just busy, but I suspect she doesn’t have room for me in her life anymore. I tried to be a supportive friend through all her rough times, but she’s basically gone from my life. How do I get over the hurt? Am I just jealous? 最後のところは「今まさにそのような状態」なのでAm I just being jealous?とはならないのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My father passed away more than 10 years ago rather suddenly. My mother dated a man for a while a few years ago, but she left him because his drinking was out of control. Her friends are all couples that have been married nearly 40 years, and she loves them, but she often feels like a third wheel (or fifth or seventh). My mom is awesome—she’s funny and intelligent and beautiful and has lots of friends and hobbies, but I know she’s missing consistent companionship (i.e. a man-friend). I keep steering her toward online dating, but she won’t bite. Aside from going to weird over-60 bars, what can I do to help her? weird over-60 barsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I recently got engaged. I want all of my family members to be there and to be happy. Ideally, I would love for my (once) fun aunt to just be kinder to my mother and brother (she is generally nice to me). Should I NOT invite her, and risk some other guests (who might be aligned with her at that moment) also not coming? Do I call her out on her bullying and risk making things even harder for my mom while caring for her mother -- as she will be blamed for raising a bad kid?https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/askamy/s-2034116?fs aligned with her とcall her out on her bullyingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

A friend was recently the victim of an online mob inspired by half-truths and outright lies that rallied to seek revenge for a perceived slight. It spread like wildfire from virtual to real life with calls for boycotts and threats of physical harm at her place of employment. I’m doing what I can to help her rebuild. My problem is that months later, I’m still angry with the friends and friends of friends who participated in spreading this. Social media gave me a peek inside the nastiness of those I once respected. If it was gossip over the fence, I wouldn’t know. But the link between the first post, the early sharers, and the people who showed up at her job to hit her and throw urine and feces at her was evident in my Facebook feed. I can’t unsee or pretend I don’t know who joined the pile-on. 1 A friend was recently the victim of an online mob inspired by half-truths and outright lies that rallied to seek revenge for a perceived slight. の和訳を教えてください。 2 gossip over the fenceはどのような意味でしょうか? 3 pile-onはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I have been pet sitting for a good friend for several years now when she is out of town. I love her pets, and the extra money is always welcome. In the past year or so, I have become more particular about housekeeping in my own home. I find that I am grossed out by things in her home that did not used to bother me: unswept floors, mildew in the shower, pet hair on the sofa and beds, etc. Her house is neat enough, but grubby around the edges. particular about housekeepingとgrubby around the edgeの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My boyfriend and I have a temporary roommate (we’re halfway through her six-month lease) and I am wondering if it’s OK to ask her to at least play music or turn the tv on when she and her boyfriend have sex. Our bedroom is several rooms away from hers, and it sounds like she is right next to us. This isn’t to mention how awkward it is when we’re sitting in the living room with guests (like, our parents for example!) which is next to her bedroom and they are seriously going at it. This isn’t to mention how awkward it isはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• The authorities

I’m really worried about my friend “Laura.” Laura grew up in a conservative community and married at 18. Her husband was a family friend, and she didn’t date anybody but him. After their marriage, she went to college, had two kids, and has now divorced her husband. She has broken away from her family because she says they judge her and she is intent on living her own life. I’d be good with that if it weren’t for the fact that she thinks living her own life is doing whatever she wants regardless of the consequences. Laura goes out to bars three to four nights a week. She would leave her kids (both under age 10) home alone. The authorities were called numerous times, and now her ex-husband has custody. The authoritiesとは具体的には何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の意味を教えてください

He gradually becomes stiff,till at last he sinks to make room for other and more vigorous life. other and moreとはなんでしょうか?

• どのような意味でしょうか

Fifteen years ago my sister-in-law and I had a mutual friend, Barbie, who told me something unflattering about my sister-in-law. My relationship with my sister-in-law has been fractured ever since. I have since severed my relations with this friend for numerous other reasons, but Barbie is still good friends with my sister-in-law. Recently, I have felt that I should let my sister-in-law know how this woman betrayed her friendship by telling me her secret. Should I tell my sister-in-law or leave it alone and let her find out for herself? Seeing her buddy up to this person makes me crazy. Seeing her buddy up to this personはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします