What does 'step over the lip of the bathtub' mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The phrase 'step over the lip of the bathtub' refers to the action of lifting one's leg and motioning it over the edge or rim of the bathtub.
  • This phrase is often used to describe the difficulty some people, especially the elderly, may face when entering or exiting a bathtub.
  • It can be challenging for individuals with limited mobility or strength to lift their leg high enough to clear the bathtub edge.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

My grandma is 84 years old and still able to live independently. I spent time in her home a few years ago and discovered that she no longer showers because she is afraid of slipping. It also is too hard for her to step over the lip of the bathtub. step over the lip of the bathtubはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • chomicat
  • ベストアンサー率55% (586/1047)
回答No.1

バスタブ(浴槽)の縁(へり、ふち。縁の部分)を跨ぐという意味です。 歳をとってきた祖母が風呂に入る時、バスタブのへりが高いので(若い人には跨ぐことは容易)、足を上げて跨いで風呂桶に入るのは難しくなってきたので、そのように書いています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

My father passed away more than 10 years ago rather suddenly. My mother dated a man for a while a few years ago, but she left him because his drinking was out of control. Her friends are all couples that have been married nearly 40 years, and she loves them, but she often feels like a third wheel (or fifth or seventh). My mom is awesome—she’s funny and intelligent and beautiful and has lots of friends and hobbies, but I know she’s missing consistent companionship (i.e. a man-friend). I keep steering her toward online dating, but she won’t bite. Aside from going to weird over-60 bars, what can I do to help her? weird over-60 barsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Our daughter is 25 years old and lives at home. She rarely speaks to her father or me, and stays in her room whenever she is home. She'll eat dinner without dialogue, staying glued to her phone, watching videos or texting her friends in front of me. We've offered $1,500/month toward an apartment to give her SOME incentive. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/askamy/s-2128431?fs offered $1,500/month toward an apartmentはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• step upの意味

The holiday season is already in full swing, and my husband and I are already arguing over what to do next year. My mother-in-law has always hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas. She is in her late 60s and has always said she loves to host -- until now. She called my husband and dropped some strong hints that we should take over as the family hosts. We don't think any others in his large family would step up. ここでのstep upの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Dear Annie: I can understand why "Camera-Shy Grandma" doesn't like to be photographed, but she should consider the fact that her stepdaughter likes pictures of people who are important to her. My brother was killed in Afghanistan 10 years ago, and I can't find a single photo of just the two of us together as adults. What I wouldn't give for one today! -- Kyle C. What I wouldn't give for one today!はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 教えて下さい。

訳を教えて下さい。 At the end of the race, she looked over to the crowd. Then she jogged to her friend who was holding the flag high. He handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. She ran 50m holding that flag.This was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people. 訳:レースが終わって彼女は観衆の方を見渡した。その時、彼女は国旗を高く持つ友人のとこへゆっくり走った。彼は…。彼女は国旗を握って50m走った。これは彼女の誇りでもある宣言で…。 特にHe handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. とThis was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people.の訳し方が分からないので教えて下さい。お願いします。

• 意味を教えてください

Yesterday my boyfriend’s mother offered to pay for some classes in cake decorating for me so that I can further my experience in baking to get a better job. I’m unemployed looking for a bakery job right now, which is why she offered to pay, and she wants me to pay her back by doing housework for her over the weekends. As much as I would love to take this opportunity, our relationship has been strained because of the circumstances of how her son and I came to be. strainedとhow her son and I came to beの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

My wife and I adopted our grandsons, 10 and 12, due to our daughter's long history of drug addiction and arrests spanning over 13 years. She is again working and has set up house with another man. She wants to regain visits with the boys, but I am resisting getting back into the cycle of visits on a lot of different levels. regain visitsとgetting back into the cycle of visits on a lot of different levelsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 訳してください。

本当に困ってます。 よろしくお願いします。 It is a cool but sunny day in Borrego Springs,Calfornia. As Eleanor Shimeall prepares to cook her meal, she opens the door and steps outside of her home. You see, this woman does not cook inside her kitchen-she cooks outdoors! She walks over to a strange-looking piece of equipment and opens a glass door to put in her bread. She then opens the lower part of another glass and wood construction and says,“I'm going to check on this chicken and rice and see how it'scooking.” As she takes off the top of the pot, she can see that the dish is cooking nicely. “Ah, it's doing a good job,”she says. Shimeall's meal looks delicious; however, there is one remarkable thing about her cooking method. Unlike most people, she is not using electricity, gas, charcoal, or wood to cook her food. Insted, Shimeall is using the sun to make her meal, and she has done it almost every day for more than 20 years.She cooks with solar power!

• 何か省略されているのでしょうか

My mother chooses to hide the fact that her boyfriend is a pedophile. He abused me 15 years ago, when I was a teenager, and it still haunts me. Mom broke up with him for a short period of time, but they got back together, and the abuse started again. She didn't want to press charges because it would mess up his retirement. She is still seeing this man. I have had great therapy. My wonderful husband and I have a 5-year-old daughter. We used to allow her to stay overnight at Grandma's until she told us that Grandma took her to her boyfriend's house. I wrote my mother a letter and told her that as long as this man is in her life, we wouldn't be. we wouldn't beは何か省略されているのでしょうか?意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have a longtime friend who opened up her own family therapy practice a few years ago. She is a great person and a credit to her profession, but more and more often she is unable to “shut off” her advice-giving. She’ll give her “professional opinion” and suggest techniques for others to try, without being asked, in private conversations, in group settings, at parties, at church, and on social media. You might think, “This is great! Free professional advice!” as I did at first, but instead of feeling heard as a friend, I feel like my whole life is up for comment or criticism. my whole life is up for comment or criticismとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします