How to Deal with a Difficult Co-worker without Confrontation

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I used to work at a restaurant and left when my dream job opened up. Recently, a co-worker from the restaurant contacted me about buying my house. However, after accepting the offer, he started contacting me constantly about issues with the sale. It became personal and heated, and I had to tell him not to contact me again. I feel anxious about going back to the restaurant and seeing him. What can I do?
  • The phrase 'stuck up for myself' means standing up for oneself and asserting one's rights or boundaries. In this situation, I stood up for myself by telling my co-worker not to contact me again.
  • I wish I had the confidence to confront my co-worker and enjoy watching him serve me after his unacceptable behavior. However, I am considering alternative options such as investing in a good disguise to avoid any uncomfortable encounters at the restaurant.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I used to work at a restaurant. I loved it but left when my dream job opened up. I used to visit there frequently to eat. I told an old co-worker, Mike, that I was selling my house, and he put in an offer, which I accepted. It seemed perfect, but things soured quickly. Mike called and texted me constantly about issues with the sale rather than talking to my realtor. Negotiations got heated and personal, and I told Mike not to contact me again. He turned icy. While I’m glad I stuck up for myself, I feel anxious about ever going back to the restaurant. It’s a small place with a small staff, so the odds of seeing Mike are high. I wish I was the kind of person who could flounce in and relish watching him serve me after being a jerk, but I’m leaning more toward investing in a good disguise. What else can I do that doesn’t involve spirit gum prosthetics? 1 stuck up for myselfはどう訳したら良いでしょうか? 2 I wish I was the kind of person who could flounce in and relish watching him serve me after being a jerk, but I’m leaning more toward investing in a good disguise. What else can I do that doesn’t involve spirit gum prosthetics?の和訳をよろしくお願いします よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4115/5350)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9719/12087)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。すでに回答が寄せられていましたので中断していましたが、だいぶ違いもありそうなので、「ごみ箱」から取り出して考え直してみました。 >1 stuck up for myselfはどう訳したら良いでしょうか? ⇒「私は自分自身を固持する・守り通す(ことができるのは嬉しい)」。 *stick up for ~「~を固持・弁護・支持する」。 >2 I wish I was the kind of person who could flounce in and relish watching him serve me after being a jerk, but I’m leaning more toward investing in a good disguise. What else can I do that doesn’t involve spirit gum prosthetics? の和訳をよろしくお願いします ⇒私は、店に飛び込み、バカ話でもした後、彼に給仕してもらって食事を楽しめるような人間でありたいと思っていますが、かなりの偽装をこらして装った振る舞いをすることになりそうなのです。こんな上塗り変装をしなくても済むようなことで、他には何ができるでしょうか? (語句:耳慣れない語句や意味用法が多いです) *flounce in ~:「~に飛び込む」。 *relish:「おいしく食べる、食事を楽しむ」。 *after being a jerk:「バカ話をした後で」。 *I’m leaning ~:「~することになりそうである」。 *investing in a good disguise:「かなりの偽装をこらして/装って」。 *spirit gum prosthetics:「(上塗り変装のための)柔軟剤」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧にありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1 stuck up for myselfはどう訳したら良いでしょうか? stick up for は、下記のように「支持する」とか「応援する」という意味です。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=stick+up+for  ですからここでは、「毅然として行動する」、「(物の売り買いと個人の付き合いを)峻別する」、「自信を持って(嫌がらせに)負けない」などでしょう。 2 I wish I was the kind of person who could flounce in and relish watching him serve me after being a jerk, but I’m leaning more toward investing in a good disguise. What else can I do that doesn’t involve spirit gum prosthetics?の和訳をよろしくお願いします 私が、(彼のいるレストランに)元気よく踊り込んで、馬鹿な真似をした後のマイクが私に給仕をするのを眺めて面白がるような人間だといいんですが、  それより、実は変装にお金をかけようかと思っています。接着剤で貼り付けるまではやりたくないんですが何か名案はありませんか。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧にありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• シャーリーンの愛はかげろうのように

Oh, I've been to Georgia and California and anywhere I could run I took the hand of a preacher man and we made love in the sun But I ran out of places and friendly faces because I had to be free I've been to paradise but I've never been to me 最後のI've never been to me がわかりません。 ご教授お願いします。

• pick up on social cues

I've been friends with a girl for 3 years—let's just call her Elliot. I had a huge crush on a guy—we'll call him Joe—and I felt like I had to confide in someone about it or I would explode, so I told Elliot. Little did I know that she also liked Joe. She decided to be a big jerk and tell Joe about my feelings for him–and not only that, but she also told our entire friend group. We eat lunch with these people and it's embarrassing to be around them now. I'm stuck because I have three classes with Elliot and various classes with other people in that group of friends. It takes a long time for me to warm up to people in terms of trust, and I'm also a very sensitive person. I feel like Elliot has betrayed me, but when I confronted her about it, she acted like she had done nothing wrong. She doesn't seem to pick up on social cues in a sense that she tries to ask people out on dates repeatedly when they don't have feelings for her in return. pick up on social cuesの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 至急お願いします!!

冬休みにホームステイしたいと思っている高校生です。 そこでホームステイする前に手紙を書かなければいけなくて、その手紙でホームステイ先が決まります。なのでしっかり書きたいと思っているので添削お願いします!! Hello. I am ...... and ... years old. I like listening to music. I often listen to ...... . I like her song. And I am interested in involve people especially kids or people of my own age. I like talking to people of my age very much. Of course I like to involve senior but I feel a little nervous. But I will try to talk to many people without nervous. I'm not so good at speaking in English, but I'll do my best. I hope a good time together. I'm looking forward to staying with you. 表現が変な所、失礼な所があれば教えてください!! それと、本当に勝手ですが私は子供のいる白人の家庭にホームステイしたいと思っています。そのために書くと良い事があれば教えてください!! 回答お待ちしています!

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) I took the fist turn to the right at the Medical Records Dept. and made my way along the corridor, but it came to a dead end, so I turned around and headed toward the entrance. But I was so frightened and it was so smoky that I got lost. I remember turning to the right somewhere and getting to the door of some room,but I have no idea where I was. I sat down in front of the door and desperately called out for help again and again. Finally a man heard me. He came over to help me, took me by the hand and led me to the entrance.

• or so I thought

I am a man in my 20s and roughly three years ago I developed a medical condition that left me asexual. I used to be quite sexually active, excelled in athletics, and was a bit of an egotistical jerk. My asexuality was caused by a medical condition involving nerve damage, or so I thought. or so I thoughtはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 彼はどんなニュアンスでこれを言っていますか?

知り合った人からのメールなんですが何と言っているのかわかりません。訳はどんなニュアンスなんでしょうか? Oh I forgot to tell you a bit more about myself, so i guess now would be a good time to do so. This may come as a surprise to you but I'm from the US. I'm 31 years old and work in investing. あ、もうちょっと自分について話すのを忘れた。そうするにいい機会だ。。。。。?よくわかりませんおしえてください 翻訳機能は使わないでおしえてください

• unable toとcan't

My ex-wife, who still badgers me for money, resents everything about my current life and constantly reminds me that I’m really a worthless jerk inside, and I’m unable to dismiss her because I think she’s right. I’m unable toのところはI can'tも使えるのでしょうか?違いはあるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

some guy called me on Wednesday and said my friend had told him that I might be interested in some event.. But he didn't tell me what the event was about because he said he wants to talk to me about it in person.. So we decided to meet next weeks Wednesday. It sounded a bit suspicious so I invited a friend to go with me. But yesterday I found out he's my friends' boyfriend, so I'm not so worried anymore (^_^;) Yesterday was my parents' 25 year anniversary. Dad always sends mom roses if he's at work, but now he contacted me and said his internet at work is not working so he asked me to order 25 roses for mom and also send her a card with a romantic poem (in Spanish of course). And he only contacted me like 2 days before the anniversary day and I was really busy during those days Q__Q I managed to do everything though, but it was a bit strange to be looking for a love poem for my mom, lol. She's the one who could've gotten me a work placement in Tokyo but I refused it later. But now she said its good that I didnt take the job because they had some problems there and that its better for me to just find a company in Kansai area. And she said there was one company where she has connections to, so she will most likely help me with that. Yay (^O^)

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致します🙇‍♀️

A young man wrote to me the other day lamenting his ignorance and requesting me to tell him what books to read and what to do in order to become learned and wise. I sent him a civil answer and such advice as occurred to me. But I confess that the more I thought of the matter the less assured I felt of my ability for the task. -ALFRED G. GARDINER Many Furrows 構文分析よろしくお願い致します🙏 できるだけ丁寧に解説して頂けると嬉しいです😭

• big 5-0とは何でしょうか

I feel like you get lots of letters from folks either starting out pursuing their passion, or looking for a passion to begin with, but here I am, midlife, mid-career, full of passion but in a slump. I’m a writer — a peer of yours, I guess, though age-wise, I’m staring straight at the big 5-0. And I’m stuck. big 5-0とは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします