The Meaning of 'or so I thought'

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discovering the true meaning behind 'or so I thought'
  • Understanding the misconceptions of 'or so I thought'
  • Exploring the deeper implications of 'or so I thought'
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

or so I thought

I am a man in my 20s and roughly three years ago I developed a medical condition that left me asexual. I used to be quite sexually active, excelled in athletics, and was a bit of an egotistical jerk. My asexuality was caused by a medical condition involving nerve damage, or so I thought. or so I thoughtはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4112/5345)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"or so I thought" 「というか、そう思っていました」 My asexuality was caused by a medical condition involving nerve damage, or so I thought. 私が性的関心を失ったのは神経の損傷に伴う医学的症状の所為である、というか、そのように信じていました。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• or so I thought

He hates me, or so I thought. この訳は以下であるとalcで見ました。 「彼はわたしが嫌いなんでしょ。気のせいかもしれないけど。」 このor so I thoughtというのは、自分の中で確定ではなかったことをいう時に使うと考えればいいでしょうか? こういうのにも使えますか? He would pass the exam, or so I thought. (But he did not pass the exam to tell the truth). 他にもこういう使い方がある、というのがありましたらよろしくお願いいたします。

• so farです。

Still, it was a nerve-racking day on Wall Street, with the Dow ending down 128 points, or about 1 percent. Even after the rebound, the major market indexes are down about 10 percent so far in January and even further off their recent highs in October. 「一月現在」およそ10%下がっており、10月の高い状態「からは大変低い。」 so far in Januaryですが、「一月に入った時点を基準に今日までのところ」と考えましたが、よろしいでしょうか。

• I thought what I'd do was....

アニメ「攻殻機動隊」で、「The catcher in the rye」からの引用で、 I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes or shoud I? という一文で、大まか意味は分かるのですが、 細かな文法事項がよく分かりません。 どなたか解説していただけないでしょうか? あと、「I'd」はI wouldではなく、I shouldの短縮でしょうか?

• I think soについて

And do you know about lunch boxes in America? →I think so. they're metal or plastic. And they have characters from cartoons or movies, right? I really wanted one, actually. それで、アメリカのランチボックスについてはご存知ですか? その返答になぜいきなり I think so そう思いますって英文が来てるのか わかりません、教えて下さい。 宜しくお願いします。

• hold a good thought

DEAR ABBY: You always tell us to consider whether we would be better off with or without somebody. What if it's your sister? My sister and I are of retirement age and had a falling out. I felt she had become too needy, and she was very hurt when I told her so. She is awaiting my apology, which has been the pattern of our lives. Although we live 30 miles apart, I have no desire to contact her. Because I was usually the one she went to for advice and companionship, I feel guilty for abandoning her and often wonder if she's OK. We are both healthy and self-sufficient. I love her because she's my sister, but I can truly say my life is easier and less complicated without her. The thought of contacting her is too much to bear. On the other hand, she's my sister. -- BETTER OFF IN COLORADO DEAR BETTER OFF: You say your life is better off and less complicated without your needy sibling, and that you have no desire to contact her. OK. So what exactly is your question? Are you waiting for me to order you to call her and apologize? The price for that will be shouldering again the burden of her neediness. If you're worried about how she's doing, ask someone who is in touch with her. But hold a good thought. hold a good thoughtはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 書き換え問題 so that構文から

お願いします。 書き換え問題です。 My illness was so serious that I had to resign my post. I was in ( such ) bad health ( that ) ( I ) ( was ) compelled to resign my post. これでいいでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• pumping

Q. Breast-feeding: I wanted nothing more than to be able to breast-feed my child. I had a medical condition develop postpartum that physically prevented me from doing so—my milk never came in due to this condition. I tried pumping, medication, and several lactation consultants, but nothing worked. ここでのpumpingとは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• モンキーズのI'm A Beliverの訳詞を教えてください!

モンキーズのI'm A Beliverの訳詞を教えてください! I thought love was only true in fairy tales Meant for someone else, but not for me Love was out to get me That's the way it seemed Disappointment haunted all my dreams Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer Not a trace of doubt in my mind I'm in love and I'm a believer I couldn't leave her if I tried I thought love was more or less a giving thing Seems the more I gave, the less I got What's the use in trying, all you get is pain When I needed sunshine, I got rain Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer Not a trace of doubt in my mind I'm in love and I'm a believer I couldn't leave her if I tried (instrumental) Love was out to get me That's the way it seemed Disappointment haunted all my dreams Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer Not a trace of doubt in my mind I'm in love and I'm a believer I couldn't leave her if I tried Saw her face, now I'm a believer Not a trace of doubt in my mind I'm in love, and I'm a believer

• I'm overruled

My brother and new sister-in-law are very religious, not to mention very conservative. My boyfriend and I are agnostic and progressive. However, I was raised in a very religious household, and growing up I attended church every Sunday and wasn't allowed to miss unless I was ill. At 18, I decided organized religion was not for me and have not been inside a church since, except for a wedding or funeral. Whenever we go out as a family, my brother and sister-in-law insist on praying out loud, whether we are in public or at home. When my mother is there, I indulge the practice, but when it's just the four of us, I prefer not to and I am uncomfortable when this occurs. I have asked twice if we could all just say a private prayer to ourselves rather than have a group prayer, but I'm overruled. indulge the practiceとI'm overruledの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 現在完了

My youngest brother spent about six years in prison for kidnapping and sexually assaulting a young woman he met at a bar. While he was in prison, we exchanged a few letters, but I did not go to visit him. He expressed remorse for what happened, and was receiving counseling in prison. He was released from prison earlier this year, and now lives about a 30-minute drive from where I live, so I've met him a few times for coffee or lunch. I've met himはなぜ過去形ではなく現在完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします