What does 'my younger sister was local' mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Find out the meaning of the phrase 'my younger sister was local' in the given context.
  • Discover the significance of the statement 'my younger sister was local' in relation to the situation described.
  • Learn more about the involvement of the younger sister in the local area based on the phrase 'my younger sister was local'.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

My husband died about four years ago. He died very suddenly two days before his 50th birthday from a very aggressive form of blood cancer. It was a shock to everyone, and very tragic. At that time, my older sister and my mom were in Korea, my younger brother in Hong Kong and my younger sister was local but pregnant. my younger sister was localとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.1

>my younger sister was localとはどういうことでしょうか? ⇒「私の妹は地元にいた」。 つまり、私の夫が血液ガンで亡くなったとき、姉や弟は外国にいたが、妹は地元にいたんですね。ただし、妊娠していたから、あまり頼りにできなかったのかも知れません。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 「一人っ子」で悩んでいます。

My parents adopted a teenage girl when I was 9 years old. She was ( ) only child and was raised in luxury before her mother died of cancer. 英作文を書こうと思っているのですが、カッコのなかはan もしくはtheのどちらがいいのでしょうか? なんとなくtheかな?・・・と感じています。理由がいえません。合っているかもわからないです・・・ どなたか解説をお願いします。

• a bout of unemployment

I am 39, looking for the love of my life after a hard couple of years. My mother recently died of an aggressive form of cancer, and I only recently got back on my feet after a bout of unemployment. a bout ofはどのように訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• The cancer was missed

My sister has been diagnosed with terminal cancer—at 44, with children. This came out of the blue. She has not had previous cancer. The cancer was missed, her doctor was supercilious, her boyfriend finally took her in to the emergency room for pain after he became fed up. The cancer was missedとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 【英語】作文の添削お願いします 

テーマ:印象に残っている贈り物 Most impressing present in my life is a watch that my father gave me when I passed the exam to enter the high school. My father used the watch before I was born, and he wouldn't put away it even though he was given a new watch by my mother and sister. I think the watch will have been very important for my father. So, I was very surprised when he gave it to me. At first, I hesitated to receive it, but I received it in the end because my father said with smiling that "I use this new watch". The watch was what my mother and sister gave him. My watch and my father's watch is very different because mine is very old and father's is new. However both of them are filled with love of my family. 文法や構成について指摘してください。

• こういう時どうすれば

仲良くしだしたEpalからこのようなメールがきましたが親は死んでいるということですか? もししんでいたのなら、全体的に長いメールでしたがあえてこのことに(親のこと)ふれるべきなのでしょうか?どういえばいいのでしょうか? 教えて下さいお願いします。 My hometown is Florida that is where I was born and raised. I miss it very much. I have a house there as well because after my parents died, they gave me the house there. I haven't been there in a few years though. I also have one sister as well.

• My sister and I can play the piano

My sister and I can play the piano in my family」で「My sister and I 」が中心となる疑問文を教えて下さい!

• 日本語訳で困っています。

以下の英文の日本語訳ができません。だれかお願いします。 (1)You don't really notice how special it is until death looks you in the eyes. (2)My sister and her friend jumped into our backyard pool to cool off. (3)My mom would always watch all of us very closely, but just for a minute, she had walked over to the other side of the yard to talk to my dad. (4)She told my sister to watch out for me, but my sister was busy laughing and having fun with her friend. (5)No one heard me because I was so little; there was hardly a splash.

• EDBってご存知ですか?

EBD intermediateとは何でしょうか? この方は何を教えているのでしょうか? どなたか教えてください。 よろしくお願致します。 Hello My name is ●●. and I teach EBD intermediate and I was interested in learning more about the sister school in Japan.

• I'm overruled

My brother and new sister-in-law are very religious, not to mention very conservative. My boyfriend and I are agnostic and progressive. However, I was raised in a very religious household, and growing up I attended church every Sunday and wasn't allowed to miss unless I was ill. At 18, I decided organized religion was not for me and have not been inside a church since, except for a wedding or funeral. Whenever we go out as a family, my brother and sister-in-law insist on praying out loud, whether we are in public or at home. When my mother is there, I indulge the practice, but when it's just the four of us, I prefer not to and I am uncomfortable when this occurs. I have asked twice if we could all just say a private prayer to ourselves rather than have a group prayer, but I'm overruled. indulge the practiceとI'm overruledの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• act out

I work long hours in order to contribute to our rent and utilities. My sister and I are essentially raising our younger brother, who has been struggling in school and acting out. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/anniesmailbox/s-2054072 ここでのacting outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします