• 締切済み

「一人っ子」で悩んでいます。

My parents adopted a teenage girl when I was 9 years old. She was ( ) only child and was raised in luxury before her mother died of cancer. 英作文を書こうと思っているのですが、カッコのなかはan もしくはtheのどちらがいいのでしょうか? なんとなくtheかな?・・・と感じています。理由がいえません。合っているかもわからないです・・・ どなたか解説をお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

回答No.2

基本、一人っ子は an only child と覚えておけばいいです。 I'm the only child here. 私はここにいる、唯一の子供だ。 この場合は the です。 「一人っ子」というのは、こういう今ある特定の、唯一の、というのでなく、 世の中に、しばしばみられる、一人っ子という部類である。 こういう、特定でない、任意の、どこにでもあるうちの1つの~。 the only child that he has とか、 the only child of the man (普通は the man's only child) の場合は the です。 これも、一人っ子というより、「~の唯一の子供」ということです。 only には the がつく感覚ですが、一人っ子、というのは an only child だと覚えておいてください。

joy1995
質問者

お礼

windさん、回答いつもありがとうございます。 anを使ったらネイティブの先生にtheに訂正されました・・(涙)  自分でも、もう少し考えてみますが、わからなかったらその先生に理由を聞いてみます。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

一人っ子はその家族ではただ一人なので the 「定冠詞」と考えられます。しかし一人っ子と言うのは他にも居る訳でそういった範疇の一例と考えれば an 「不定冠詞」の理由も成り立ちそうです。 僕がパッと見た瞬間には「定冠詞」と思いました。

joy1995
質問者

お礼

SPSさん、いつも回答ありがとうございます。 ネイティブの先生はtheを使うようなのです。私にはなぜかわかりません。 spsさんもパッと見た瞬間、定冠詞と思われたのですね。 そういう感覚のものなのかもしれません。 少し考えてみます。

関連するQ&A

• retirement portfolio

My wife and I are in our early 50s and my mother-in-law died almost two years ago. My wife’s parents were married for 55 years, and as an only child she was close to both of them. The death was devastating for everyone. My father-in-law is a healthy and energetic 84-year-old with a comfortable retirement portfolio. retirement portfolioはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の表現で、「わずか49歳で亡くなった」

英語の表現で、「わずか49歳で亡くなった」 と言いたいときは、 died as only 49 years old. で大丈夫でしょうか? 心配なのは、 ・49歳 というのは少ない数ではないけど、only を使って大丈夫なのかな(普通に比べたら少ない数だからOK?) ・died と過去形にしているけど、have died と現在分詞にした方がいいのか ・前置詞は as で大丈夫なのか の3点です。 よろしくお願いします。

• agoの代わりにearlierを使うことはありますか。

Two years earlier,and only two weeks before her marriage,the young woman's twin sister died suddenly and mysteriously. この文の"Two years earlier"のところがどういう意味か分かりません。 "Two years ago"ならば、 "二年前の彼女の結婚の二週間前に、その若い女性の双子の妹(姉)は突然の不可解な死を遂げた。" となると思うのですが、"Two years earlier"だと、どういう意味になるのでしょうか。

• 英作文

How do you think your teenage years differed from your parent's years? という50字程度での英作です。文法・語法で間違っているところを直してください。 I think my teenage years differed from my parent's teenage years in the play ways.In old days, there was few TV game.But,now there are a lots of TV games.Because of this,the quality of our health decreaced than before.The young of us hould do more exersise. (53)

• 文が同じ意味になるようにしたいんですが…

あってますか(>_<)? 1、My wife is Mary. I got married to her twenty years ago. =Mary and I (have)(been)(married) for twenty years. 2、It is two years since my aunt died. =My aunt (has)(been)(died) for two years. 3、He is blind because he lost his sight as a child. =He (has't)(been)(?) since he was a child. この問題がよく分かりません(>_<) 分かるかたお願いいたします。 中学 高校 大学 英語

• 和訳お願いします。

前回、アメリカ人の友人から、 I'm a test child.haha と送られてきたことについて、どういった意味かみなさんに尋ねたのですが、こんな言葉はやはりないようで、みなさんの憶測を書いて下さいました。 それで返事がきたので、ぜひこの返事も踏まえ、どういった意味か教えて頂きたいです。 よろしくお願いします。 Well my parents never raised a child before me. So therefore I am the test child haha ;)

• よろしくお願いします

My husband died about four years ago. He died very suddenly two days before his 50th birthday from a very aggressive form of blood cancer. It was a shock to everyone, and very tragic. At that time, my older sister and my mom were in Korea, my younger brother in Hong Kong and my younger sister was local but pregnant. my younger sister was localとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文章解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 Party organizations like the Junior Anti-Sex League*(the same one the dark-haired girl was a member of)believed in not having sex and only having babies through artsem. Also suggested was children were not to be brought up by their parents,but rather they should be raised in public institutions. suggested wasの部分の文法が理解できないです。なぜwas があるのか分からないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。

• 日本語訳を教えてください!

日本語訳を教えてください! In contrast to the manly Henry, an eighteen-year-old girl named Victoria became queen in 1837 and remained a very popular monarch for 65 years. She married Albert, a distant cousin, and they had nine children. Unfortunately, Albert died of typhoid in 1861 when he was only 42. Victoria was so upset that she went into mourning for the rest of her life. She didn't go out to parties, and she wore the quietest of fashion long black dresses with high necks and long sleeves.

• 日本訳してください!

下記内容を日本訳してください 宜しくお願いします When I was a child my parents got divorced. I was 3 years old. I didnt meet my father until I was 20 years old. I grew up very poor and had to spend many nights at home alone because my mother would work late in a factory. Now my mother and father have both married to new people and Ryan is just a child they had from another marriage. When the marriage is broen often the children are forgotten about.