意味を教えてください

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 質問者の婚約者の母親は、家の名義に質問者の名前を入れることや、質問者の婚約者が自分の母親との関係に適切な範囲を設定することについての意味を教えてください。
  • 質問者の婚約者の母親は、結婚の進展を見極めるために、家の名義に質問者の名前を入れることを待つことや、質問者の婚約者が自分の母親との関係に適切な範囲を設定することについての意味を教えてください。
  • 質問者の婚約者の母親は、結婚の進展を見極めるために、家の名義に質問者の名前を入れることを待つことや、質問者の婚約者が自分の母親との関係に適切な範囲を設定することについての意味を教えてください。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

意味を教えてください

My fiancee bought a house last year, with a sizable down payment provided by her mother. A few weeks ago, my future mother-in-law expressed the sentiment that we should wait to put my name on the deed of the house in order "to see how the marriage works out." I understand that she wants to protect her investment, but we have decided to combine all of our finances in an effort to show unity, as well as making house-related issues easier for me to handle. I feel like she thinks I'm a gold digger. To make matters worse, my fiancee has trouble establishing boundaries with her mother and did not inform her mother of our plans to combine finances until the other day. put my name on the deed of the houseとestablishing boundaries with her mother の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

No.1 です。 訂正です。"My fiancée" となっているので、まだ婚約の段階でしたね。まだ正式には話者の「妻」にはなっていません。 新居の頭金を支払った、婚約者(話者の将来の妻)の母親が、家の共有名義に、まだ結婚もしていない話者の名前を入れたくないというのは、当然かもしれませんね。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"put my name on the deed of the house" 「家の権利証に自分の名を連ねる」即ち、妻と自分(話者)の共有財産として家を登記する。 "establishing boundaries with her mother" 「(彼女自身と)彼女の母親との間に分別を設ける(距離を置く)」 ⇒ つまり、話者の妻は、彼女の母親からまだきちんと親離れできていない、ということだと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• house deed

My 26-year-old daughter is in a serious relationship with a partner 10 years her senior. He comes to the partnership with an established home. What would you advise my daughter to expect or require going into this marriage-like arrangement? Should she expect to be put on the house deed as soon as they are married? What would be fair for all concerned? She is just beginning her career, so she is presently renting but saving for a home. He comes to the partnership with an established home.の和訳をお願いします。あと、be put on the house deedはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• givenの意味

Q. Strict parents, bisexual best friend: I’m an 18-year-old girl living at home with my very conservative parents. They are very against gay people and seem to think they’re all monsters. I’m not able to live in the dorms when I go to college because my mother is afraid I’d end up with a lesbian roommate who would rape me. She also proudly recounts the time she talked a friend into a gay conversion camp. My problem is that my best friend is bisexual. I want to have her come over to study sometimes, but if my parents found out she’s bi, she wouldn’t be allowed in the house, and I don’t want her to have to hear my parents on one of their rants about how gays want to adopt children just to molest them. Is it possible to maintain a secret friendship with her or is it better to wait a few years until I move out of my parents’ house? A: I can’t imagine it would be very comfortable for your friend to study at your house if your parents are that often given to making wildly homophobic statements. givenは「好きな」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I recently got engaged. I want all of my family members to be there and to be happy. Ideally, I would love for my (once) fun aunt to just be kinder to my mother and brother (she is generally nice to me). Should I NOT invite her, and risk some other guests (who might be aligned with her at that moment) also not coming? Do I call her out on her bullying and risk making things even harder for my mom while caring for her mother -- as she will be blamed for raising a bad kid?https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/askamy/s-2034116?fs aligned with her とcall her out on her bullyingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My sister-in-law says she is very allergic to cats. She lives six hours away from my Mom. My sister and I have cats and bring them with us when we visit our mom. My sister-in-law asked us if we could put the cats behind a gate or upstairs when she and my brother visit. We believe that our cats are our family members. We refuse to put our cats away just because someone wants us to. Because of this, our sister-in-law stopped visiting. Now she has a baby and this is the first grandchild in the family. She again asked if we would put the cats away while she visits so my mom can visit with her granddaughter. Again, we have refused to do this because our cats are just as important family members as her baby. We told her that she should drop off the baby with my mom, sister and me and that she can relax at the hotel while we visit. She has refused to do this, and now just doesn't visit. She tells my brother to visit whenever he wants, but that she and her baby will stay home. My mom cannot drive to their house, and now my mom has not seen her granddaughter at all. She is very upset. How do we fix this for our mom's sake, without giving up our principles? giving up our principlesとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

Q. Making a financial plan with and for mom: My mother is a freelancer whose flow of work has dropped precipitously, from steady as recently as five years ago, to practically nil in 2017. She inherited some money and that floated her for a little while, but now she’s putting things on credit cards. Help! She has already declared bankruptcy twice. She is kind of at the end of her rope, as drained emotionally as she is financially. She lives in an expensive part of the country. I have encouraged her to move to my city, which is considerably less expensive. She is considering it, but reluctant. How do we start to make an actual plan? I’m not rich but I’m steadier than she is right now, financially speaking. I don’t want to wait until things get any worse, and she gets into even more debt. Any advice is appreciated! A: There are certainly ways you can be helpful to your mother, but the responsibility for making “an actual plan” lies with her, not with you. You can’t want financial stability for her more than she does. She’s already declared bankruptcy twice, which is obviously far from ideal, but also suggests that she knows what to do when her financial outlook is especially bleak. Encourage her to see a financial adviser, to reduce costs wherever possible (including moving to a less expensive city, although not necessarily yours), to seek more stable work, and to look into social services her age may soon qualify her for. Consider now (rather than when she faces an emergency) how much money, if any, you are willing to give her to help meet her expenses, and whether your own budget will survive if she never pays you back, especially since it seems unlikely that she ever could. Everyone has different values when it comes to giving family members money, so I’m not going to tell you that you absolutely should or shouldn’t. But it’s better to have a plan in mind before things get dire. The important thing to remember is that your mother is an adult with resources that extend beyond you. an adult with resources that extend beyond youの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• passの意味

Six months ago, my friend Lindy's husband committed suicide. I have been there for her and understand it takes time, but I'm reaching my limit. I make plans with her for dinners at our home and at restaurants and have planned various outings, because I know it's difficult to be in the house alone. However, she constantly manipulates, yells at me when she doesn't get her way, and uses the loss of her husband as a rationale for why I and others must do what she wants regardless of what's happening in our own lives, and expects us to tolerate this behavior. Because of the circumstances, I have given her several passes on the disgusting behavior she has displayed, ここでのpassesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been together for a decade but for various monetary reasons are not legally wed. I have stayed out of his relationship with his daughter “Jessica.” I don’t think highly of her—she has been given every advantage in life and squandered it. She got pregnant in college and failed out (we paid for that), and managed to wreck her car (that her mother gave her). I thought she had finally grown up after she met and married “Kyle.” He works full-time and even adopted her son, but doesn’t make a lot of money. My husband sold his house and moved in with me four years ago. Our retirement plans were for both of us to keep working until now, then sell my house and buy a condo down South. A year ago in a moment of complete stupidity, I agreed to let Kyle, Jessica, and her son move into our house to save money so Jessica could go to school to become a stylist. I even switched my work schedule around so I could help with child care. 1 squandered itは「無駄にしてしまった」でしょうか? 2 fail outはdrop outと同意でしょうか? 3 switched my work schedule aroundの意味を教えてください。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My grandma is 84 years old and still able to live independently. I spent time in her home a few years ago and discovered that she no longer showers because she is afraid of slipping. It also is too hard for her to step over the lip of the bathtub. step over the lip of the bathtubはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

Yesterday my boyfriend’s mother offered to pay for some classes in cake decorating for me so that I can further my experience in baking to get a better job. I’m unemployed looking for a bakery job right now, which is why she offered to pay, and she wants me to pay her back by doing housework for her over the weekends. As much as I would love to take this opportunity, our relationship has been strained because of the circumstances of how her son and I came to be. strainedとhow her son and I came to beの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• power of attorney

My soon-to-be ex-wife and I live on the West Coast, while my 92-year-old mother lives in a senior facility in New York. She is happy there. She is still mentally sharp, but her body is starting to become frail. My wife has become the primary caregiver for Mom. She visits a few times a year and pampers Mom with pedicures, foot massages, etc. She also has Mom's power of attorney for her financial affairs, and hence the dilemma. power of attorney for her financial affairsとは簡単に言うとどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします