• ベストアンサー

英文解釈

Sometimes it's the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine. という英文なんですが、訳が「ときに、想像し得ない人物が偉業を成し遂げるのよ」 となっていましたが、これはどういうふうに考えたらよいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sknuuu
  • ベストアンサー率43% (408/934)
回答No.3

Sometimes it's the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine. the people = who No one imagines anything of the people that do the things that no one can imagine. という文があり it's the peopleという形で語るためにthe people が前に出てwhoで置き換えたという感じ the people (that) no one imagines とすれば「誰も想像(心に描き)なんかしない人ら」 という形だとわかりやすいと思いますが no one imagines anything of the peopleのthe peopleを置き換えたというパターン ちなみに日本語訳の「偉業を成し遂げる」というのは意訳であって『想像できないようなことをする』というのがもともとの意味 「偉業」という意味になるかは文脈もしくは使われる状況次第です もともとこの文は "it"'s the people と始まってますので、"it"で受ける何かが前段で語られているわけです

doragonnbo-ru
質問者

お礼

丁寧な解説ありがとうございました!!!

その他の回答 (2)

• shingo5k
  • ベストアンサー率33% (123/366)
回答No.2

Sometimes 時として it's the people no one imagines anything of 誰一人として、彼の一部にでも(関心を持って)想像を 巡らしたりはしない人だ、 who do the things that no one can imagine 誰も想像できないことをする人はだ。 解説 名詞チャンクである the people no one imagines anything of は 関心を持たれていない人、注目を集めていない人、目立って いない人の事です。

回答No.1

大枠は it is X that ~という強調構文で ここでは X が the people no one imagines anything of で、人であるため、that の代わりに who になっています。 その X の部分で the people that/who(m) no one imagines anything of と目的格の関係代名詞が省略されています。 no one imagines anything of THE PEOPLE という文を考えつつ 誰も想像つかないことをするのは、その人のことを何も想像できないような人だ。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈

It seemed so foolish to dream that he could do anything at which great painters , real artists , would ever look. この英文の構造を教えて頂けませんか? Q1)出だしは、「夢を見る事は、とてもばかげているように思えた」ですよね? Q2)次のthatは、夢の内容を説明したthat節でしょうか? Q3)文中のwhichは関係代名詞ですよね? この部分を関係代名詞を使わずに、二つの文にすると、こうでしょうか? he could do anything. great painters , real artists , would ever look at anything. Q4)great painters , real artists これは、同格ですか? Q5)結局、何が言いたいのかも分かりづらいです。 everの意味を明確にしながら訳も教えて頂けませんか? たくさん疑問がありますがよろしくお願いします。

• 英文の間違いについて(1)

英文間違っていたり、訂正箇所があったら教えてください。 We can learn and know for some people to try new things. (私たちは、何人かの人が新しいことに挑戦することで学んだり知ることができる) For example, we can go to space, now. Many people studied space made us go to space. (多くの人々が宇宙を研究し、私たちを宇宙へいけるようにしてくれた) On the one hand, we can live for some people to do only what they already do well. For example, we can eat food for some people make vegetable and so on. I want to try new things and take risks. I'd like to discuss why I think so by talking about potential and dreams. (夢と可能性でなぜそう思うかを議論します) お願いします。

• 記事の英文の意味が分かりません・・・

Facebookに関するとある英文記事に以下のような英文がありました。 "The only people who can send me friend requests are friends of friends, so I thought that meant no one else could see my profile," she said. "I think it's a bit misleading, really - there are so many options. I think they should make it easier to understand." この最初の一文は「友達リクエストを送れるのは友人の友人までだから、その他の人はプロフィールを見る事が出来ない」という意味だと分かるのですが、その後の文章の意味が分かりません。 どういう意味でしょうか。

• 「英文解釈」の質問です。

次の英文を和訳して頂けないでしょうか。 Everyone wants the same result. However, even though there are many ways to do this, I tend to try to do it in one way (I personally don't like that way). Isn't there a possibility that things won't go smoothly or that conflicts will arise during this process? I think it will be difficult to resolve the issue unless everyone first accepts each other.

• 次の英文の意味がわかりません。

訳していただけないでしょうか? Imagine children being said during their childhood, that they shouldn't say that or that, because it's not polite (children are usually direct). Then, when they grow, they don't know how to act without hurting people. In some countries, for most of the people saying "no" it's challenging, because they want to pleased everybody. 何となくはわかる様な気がしますが、理解が不十分なので教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• この英文の意味がわかりません。

Here, the woman is sometimes the one expressing her feelings to the man.But, the tradition says that it should be the man who should court the woman.. この英文の意味がわかりません。 一人の人と付き合うのが当たり前なのかそうじゃないのかよく分かりません。 教えてください。

• 英文解釈について質問があります2

(Q1)You don’t want the music to dictate to the audience how to feel about it. ああその通りだ。俺にとってはインストゥルメンタルミュージックってのは凄くクールな音楽だ。歌詞が存在している音楽よりもいくらかはテーマがぼやけちまうのは確かだがね。(Q2)but what’s cool is when that vague concept solidifies and then you find someone else in the audience who you don’t even know gets the same feeling about the piece or whatever.言葉でのコミュニケーションが1つのレベルでしか成り立たないのに対し、楽器でのコミュニケーションはいろんなレベルで成り立つ。(Q3)I’ve always thought what’s weird about music is how it’s privileged as this art form, and because of that, it’s sort of been imprisoned. Say someone like Randy Newman, who writes from a character’s perspective, is always being misunderstood by people, because for some reason there’s this idea that music is this direct – that whatever you do in music who you truly are, even though all other art forms are allowed to be multi-faceted,違った個性(考え方)で曲を書くことは可能さ。どういうわけか、音楽は他の人々に対して純粋に心を開いているものだと見られるよね。(Q4)Not that I’m saying it can’t be, it just limits what music can be, I think, and imprisons it in a romantic ideal.例えば、Guns ‘n Rosesはある曲をやったときに、皆は「アクセルはレイシストだ」なんて感じになってたな。そうなのかもしれないが、彼は「違う。この曲はレイシストについてではない。(Q5)It’s about a character and it’s about a time where you’re so angry that you’re willing to cross lines and say stuff that you don’t necessarily believe.”」誰一人として彼にそれを許すことはないだろう。「ダメだ。お前はレイシストだ」ってね。俺にはわからんよ。なぜ音楽が様々な視点を持つことが許されないのかがね。一つのやり方でしかコミュニケーションをとることが許されていないんだ。本当に限定されたやり方でね。様々な視点でコミュニケーションをとってストーリーを語る。それが音楽のクールなあり方だ。 Q1からQ5までの英文がわかりません。訳を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• この文でいう「that is」の文法解釈

Airbus.corp was more of a consortium initially, but it's become integrated now and so it's one company. But it's a very, very global company. There are something like 84 nationalities working that is, people from 84 nationalities who are in the company as employees. >There are something like 84 nationalities working that is, people from 84 nationalities ここで”that is”がくる感覚が意味的にも文法的にもわかりません。 どなたか教えていただけないでしょうか。。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 訳をお願いします

It's no problem, I just noticed you never said anything in the comment selection on that picture, and it surprised me to see nobody had informed you. I've noticed, but sometimes people forget :3 よろしくおねがいます。

• 英文を訳してもらえませんか? <part2>

People in other areas also wanted to find ways to do something. Some of them actually gave a helping hand to the victims by ciearing the streets and serving hot meals. Millions of people have donated money and goods. Aid came from not only within Japan but from many other countries. There are lots of students who want to help people in need. You may not be able to take action right away, but there are many things that young people can do. Doing volunteer work during long vacations is one of them. Studying is another . It will help you to learn things to make this nation a safer place. 長い文章ですが、よろしくお願いします。