• ベストアンサー

over the weekend or early

次の文 The typhoon is expected to continue heading west and move across the central Philippines over the weekend or early next week. で、台風が来るのは   over the weekend -> 週末を超える -> 来週   early next week -> 次週の速いうち -> 来週   で、同じ意味ではないでしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

over the weekend は 「週末にかかる」 ということで、past (過ぎて) という意味で用いられてはいないと思います。 台風は、どの時点で 到来 したといえるのかというと、まだ離れていても 影響 は被ります。台風の目が到来する以前に台風の影響下に入ります。 そういう意味で 幅 があるといえます。お示しの文はだから 「土日か土日を過ぎたあたりに台風の到来を実感するようになるのではないかと思われる」 ということを述べていると取るのだが妥当ではないでしょうか。

remokon
質問者

お礼

返信ありがとうございます よく分かりました 今後もおねがいします

その他の回答 (1)

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

over the weekend の "over" は、ここでは "during" という意味です。-> 週末の間に(週末にかけて)

remokon
質問者

お礼

返信ありがとうございます よく分かりました 今後もおねがいします

関連するQ&A

• next Monday

アメリカ駐在一年生です。 本日は、1/10(水曜)です。先程同僚のローカル営業マンに、「来週お客さんの所行かないか?」 I can visit customeor next week with you. What do you think this plan? とメールしたら、 I think you should try to make appointment for next Monday. Can you do this? と返事が返ってきました。 確か、次にくる曜日は「this」 その次が「next」だったと記憶しているので、「1/15か1/22 どっちのこと?」と再確認したら、1/15でした。 ここで質問なのですが、なぜ1/10(水曜)時点の会話で1/15(月曜)がnext Mondayになるのでしょうか? (1)私の解釈の間違い、今が何曜日であれ次週の月曜日は「next Monday」 (2)次週の月曜を「this」「Next」どちらで表す場合も有る。日本語で月曜日に「次の金曜ね!」と言われたときに今週の金曜か次週の金曜か迷ってしまう感じ。 (3)彼の間違い、今週水曜日が指す次週月曜は「This Monday」←これは彼はローカルなのであり得ないと思いますが・・・ (4)その他(例:私が質問でnext week と書いたから や 前置詞forを置くとそうなる 等・・・) どれが正解でしょうか? 私的には(2)が有力そうなのですが、その場合は文法上・口語上の理由が有るのか?明確な規定が無いのかも知りたいです。 宜しくお願い致します。

• 訳はこれでいいですか?

おはようございます Shane gave to ABC Hotel for them to send by courier, you should get phone early next week. シェーンはABCホテルから急送便を使って送るよ。 あなたは来週はやく(来週頭に)電話を受け取れるよ。 Still snowing? まだ雪降ってる? How is your cold, have you been skiing again this weekend. 風邪はどう、今週またスキーいくのかな I may go to movies this weekend and i am thinking about skiing lessons before my Japan trip. 私は今週末映画にいくかもしれない。で、考えてるんだけど私の前に日本に旅行した時のスキーについて。 (映画とスキーの接点がみあたりません) 補足ありましたらします。 お願いします

• すいませんが、翻訳お願いします

There no problem my friend let it register. I asked the post office and there Expected to be there friday or saterday next week. THose are the Due dates. So the wait is almost over. Enjoy

• 文脈に合った和訳

I've realized I have a two-week tendency with men over the past year. I'll meet someone the first weekend while I'm out, or I'll be introduced to someone through a friend. Over the next few days, we text, talk, and maybe go on a date. I'll meet someone the first weekend while I'm outの文脈に合った和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英語得意な方へ!

英語得意な方へ! 和訳お願いします。 なんとなく意味が分かるところはやってみました。 Thank your schedule.スケジュールありがとう Let me check on Monday ... but Maybe we can meet on the 8th? Hmm that would be next week!来週だね! That would be so nice. Please let me check with my team first. You are too kind to me. あなたは優しいね Maybe you do need to try it first ... hahahaha.・ But I like my own food and I prepared salmon steaks on the BBQ for my parents they liked it too.自分で料理するの好きだし、両親にバーベキューでステーキを準備する So I will let you know something next early next week. Also have a nice weekend.

• 英語を教えてください。

英語を教えてください。 ある人から食事に誘われているのですが、旅行のためお断りのメールを入れたいのです。 その英文がOKかどうか、どなたか教えてください。 **さん、お誘いありがとうございます。 残念ながら、来週は旅行へでかけて東京にいません。 戻ったらまた連絡をさせていただきますね。 良い週末をお過ごしください。 **,thank you for asking. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town on next week. I'll e-mail you when I come back to Tokyo. Have a nice weekend. 宜しくお願い致します。 宜しくお願い致します。

• 【英語】a week's gardening leave とは?

Yahoo UKの記事で(http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/040906/3/6cq2.html) "Souness, who has been in talks with Blackburn and Newcastle over the weekend, will take up his post next Monday, September 13, after a week's gardening leave." で、after a week's gardening leaveが何のたとえなのか良くわかりません。記事はサッカーのプレミアリーグの、ブラックバーンの監督Sounessが、ブラックバーンを辞めて、ニューカッスルの監督に就任する関連のものです。そして、なんと次の週末にこの2チームが対戦予定のため、この試合が終わってから、就任するとのこと。 ご回答お願いいたします。

• 英訳をお願いします!(至急)

2点質問があります。どうかお助けを。 1, I am so sorry for the delay と仕事上のメールが遅くなったことを 謝罪するメールが届きました。 それに対して、〔遅くなった事情については理解しているから大丈夫ですよ〕という返答を 書きたいのですが、どのように表現するのが適切でしょうか? I understand about the delay, so please do not worry.. では変でしょうか? もっと適切な表現があれば教えてください。 2, 今週後半に面接にを入れたいので、予定を教えてくださいとのメールをもらいました。 それにたいして、 〔木曜日か金曜日がよいですが、可能であれば来週前半も考慮に入れることは可能でしょうか?〕 と返答したいのですが、〔I am available on Thursday and Friday this week, but if possible, would it be possible to meet them sometime early next week? 〕 と表現したら 変ですか? もっとよい言い方があれば教えてください! みなさんお願いします。

• ※至急※翻訳をお願いします!

私は今畜産に携わる仕事をしています。 そのため海外の情報も知りたいのですが、恥ずかしながら私は英語が全くできません。 そこで、どなたか以下の記事を翻訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願い致します。 「Northern rain tightens cattle market」 The heavy rain across northern and central Queensland was the feature of livestock markets this week, impacting cattle movements from paddock to processors,asflood-impacted parts of NSW and Victoria continue to dry-out. Reduced cattle and lamb yardings for the week helped to lift prices for most categories, with the EYCI up 3¢,395.5¢/kg cwt,while heavylambs increased 13¢, to 453¢/kg cwt. A very wet week across much of Queenaland again disrupted the cattle market, with the Longreach sale cancelled and reduced numbers at Dalby and the Roma prime sale on Thursday . In response, prices were mostly higher this week, with trade steers(330-400kg lwt)in Queenslandjumping 19¢ on last week, to average 390¢/kg cwt. Nationnally, mediumcows averaged 5 ¢ higher,at 298¢/kg cwt. Lamb prices edged higher across all but the lightest category this week, with yardings nationally back 16% on the previous week and 19% year-on-year. Trade lambs nationally averaged 8¢ higher,at 469¢kg cwt, with prices in SA averaging 33¢ higher on last week. However, reflecting the higher numbers of last week, and the steady supply of lambs goings direct to works, over-the-hooks prices were back 10¢ this week, averaging 458¢ nationally for heavy lambs. Another small positive for exporters this week was the decline in the A$, trading near 1 4US$ -its lowest level since mid-January. Hopefully this will help to add some impetus to export demand, with beef and veal exports for the first two weeks of March just exceeding 40000tonnesswt(DAFF)

• ※至急※お願いします!!!

翻訳をお願い致します。 私は今畜産に携わる仕事をしています。 そのため海外の情報も知りたいのですが、恥ずかしながら私は英語が全くできません。 そこで、どなたか以下の記事を翻訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願い致します。 「Northern rain tightens cattle market」 The heavy rain across northern and central Queensland was the feature of livestock markets this week, impacting cattle movements from paddock to processors, as flood impacted parts of NSW and Victoria continue to dry out. Reduced cattle and lamb yardings for the week helped to lift prices for most categories, with the EYCI up 3¢,395.5¢/kg cwt,while heavy lambs increased 13¢, to 453¢/kg cwt. A very wet week across much of Queenaland again disrupted the cattle market, with the Longreach sale cancelled and reduced numbers at Dalby and the Roma prime sale on Thursday . In response, prices were mostly higher this week, with trade steers(330-400kg lwt)in Queensland jumping 19¢ on last week, to average 390¢/kg cwt. Nationally, medium cows averaged 5 ¢ higher,at 298¢/kg cwt. Lamb prices edged higher across all but the lightest category this week, with yardings nationally back 16% on the previous week and 19% year-on-year. Trade lambs nationally averaged 8¢ higher,at 469¢kg cwt, with prices in SA averaging 33¢ higher on last week. However, reflecting the higher numbers of last week, and the steady supply of lambs goings direct to works, over-the-hooks prices were back 10¢ this week, averaging 458¢ nationally for heavy lambs. Another small positive for exporters this week was the decline in the A$, trading near 1 4US$ -its lowest level since mid-January. Hopefully this will help to add some impetus to export demand, with beef and veal exports for the first two weeks of March just exceeding 40000tonnes swt(DAFF)