マレーシア機墜落に関するロシアの要求

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 国際監視団が遺体と残骸から遠ざかる中、ロシアのプーチン大統領は反政府勢力に協力を求め、国連の調査が結論を急ぐべきではないと主張しました。
  • マレーシア機墜落で、国際監視団が遺体と残骸から遠ざかるなか、プーチン大統領は反政府勢力に協力を呼びかけ、国連の調査が公正に行われるよう主張しました。
  • マレーシア機墜落に際し、国際監視団が遺体と残骸から遠ざかる事態になる中、ロシアのプーチン大統領は反政府勢力に協力を求め、国連の調査を公正に進めるよう求めました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

文中のforはどう訳すのでしょう?

ご質問させて頂きます。 マレーシア機墜落に係る記事です。 文中のforは期間を表す前置詞でしょうか? どなたかご教示頂きたくよろしくお願いいたします。 As militants kept international monitors away from wreckage and scores of bodies festered for a third day, Russian President Vladimir Putin urged the rebels to cooperate and insisted that a U.N.-mandated investigation must not leap to conclusions.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

文中のforは期間を表す前置詞でしょうか? おっしゃる通りです。ここの forは、下記の preposition の10番目の意味です。 http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/english/for     ただし、「三日間にわたって」ではなく「三日目の一日にわたって」と言う意味です。

tictac2
質問者

お礼

早速にありがとうございます。 また、添付頂いた参照資料URLも大変参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• Province of chance

今日のCNN international版にウクライナのマレーシア航空機撃墜に関連してVladimir Putin's big blunderと題した記事の中に War is the province of chance.という言葉が出できます。200~300年前のプロセインの軍人の言葉らしいのですが、provinceもchanceもいろいろ意味がありこの文の意味がなかなか頭に入りません。どなたか説明していただけませんでしょうか。下はその文が出てくる箇所です。 ……… It remains possible that the investigation will fail to reach any strong conclusions, leaving Putin some wiggle room. But at this point interpretations completely exonerating Russia are few and far between. "War," wrote Clausewitz, "is the province of chance." The danger that a covert military operation could get out of hand should have been clear all along. For 14 years, Putin proceeded cautiously in international affairs, weighing expected costs and benefits before taking action. His decision to invade Crimea was so uncharacteristically risky -- with such large potential costs and short-lived benefits -- that it took many observers by surprise. ………

• VOA Medvedev

The announcement came a day after tens of thousands of people rallied in Moscow and other cities to demand the December 4 polls won by Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's ruling United Russia party be annulled and rerun. came a day after~ の表現はNEWS英語でよく見かけますが、どういう事なのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 動名詞

1 I need to repair my car =My car needs ( ) 2 Would you mind if I smoke? =Would you mind ( ) ( ) 3 Whenever I visit him, I find him absent =I never visit him( ) finding him absent 4 He insisted that I should pay for it =He insisted on ( )( )for it 5 She is proud that she got high scores =She is proud of ( ) ( )high scores 6 Lee couldn't go to the concert because of a cold =A cold prevented Lee ( )( )to the concert 7 Needless to say, you have to do your best =It goes ( )( )that you have to do your best 8 It is impossible to tell what will happen in the future =There is ( ) ( )what will happen in the future という問題なんですが、よくわかりません。 答えと訳を教えて頂けたらありがたいです お願いします!!!」

• 英文の意味を教えてください

以下の文章の意味を教えて下さい。 You can choose to use two of the four monitors only. D-sub, DVI-D and HDMI monitors cannot be enabled at the same time. Besides, with the DVI-to=HDMI adapter, the DVI-D port can support the same features as HDMIport. ・two of the four monitors only ここのonlyはどれに掛かっているんすか? (2or4?) ・Besides,~ このBesidesは、前の文章の続きで「~を除いて」の意味ですか? ・the same features as HDMIport featuresは「特徴」と訳して、as~は「~のような」という意味ですか? 全体を通してよく分からないので、文章全体の意味も教えてくれると助かります。 宜しくお願いします。

• NHK「ニュースで英会話」の文について

NHK「ニュースで英会話」に次の文が以前出た時に 気になっていたことを質問します。 But Obama added the economy still needs fixing and urged his colleagues to work tirelessly for the legislation to take hold. 何故、「needs」は過去形ではないのでしょうか?

• 訳が分かりません;

The English rebels are as typical as the rather dull die-hards who sit at home and never change their opinions in fifty years. ★The very fact of a conservative society explains the rebels , for only in a country where tradition is respected will you find men who say that tradition should not be respected. In other words , to have rebels you must have something to rebels against.★ 簡単にでも部分的でも構いませんので、訳せる方いらっしゃいましたら宜しくお願い致します;; 特に★★部分に困っています…; イギリス人の性格には矛盾があり、それがliteratureに表れているというお話なのですが…。

• とても短い文章です 翻訳をお願いいたします

He was supposed to come by the office last Sunday to reimburse me for the credit reports and to talk about raising his scores. こちらの翻訳をお願いします。 知り合いがローンを組もうと思っているようで、ローンオフィサーとのやり取りの間での メールです。 クレジットスコアを上げる事について話をする予定だったなどと言っているのはわかるのですが、 reimburse me for the credit reports の意味がわかりません。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英字新聞の和訳と解説をお願いします。

"Society was making choices which are pretty much similar to the ones we're having to choose from now," Akunin said, comparing the assassinated Czar Alexander II to Mikhail Gorbachev and Boris Yeltsin, and the czar's successor, Alexander III, to Vladimir Putin, who succeeded Yeltsin. "Reactionary, authoritarian, anti-liberal," he elaborates, sporting the round glasses and graying beard of the universal dissident. 下のurlの英字新聞の一部なのですが、一番最後のuniversal dissidentの部分がよくわかりませんでした。 http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/22/AR2006042201064.html 「彼は 丸い眼鏡をかけ、ひげを灰色に染めながら 説明した」ならわかるのですが 後ろについてくるuniversal dissidentがどうも腑に落ちません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を日本語に訳してくださいm(_ _)m

"How much longer is America going to continue to support, condone, endorse and finance the king of all the Sunni kingdom that is Saudi Arabia while simultaneously confronting the Sunni terrorist group that is ISIS? The one thing that you have to respect about Vladimir Putin is he's consistent; he knows who his enemy is and he's going to kill them. Sunni terrorists are the enemy of Russia, of the Syrian government, of the Iranian government. When it comes to America, I don't know who the enemy is! Are we for the Sunnis, which we finance and arm in Saudi Arabia or are we against the Sunnis, which we claim to be fighting with ISIS in Syria? America needs to create clarity for itself, and for our voters and for our military as to how we are going to deal with Saudi Arabia, which inherently makes America a Middle Eastern hypocrite on a level that can no longer can be sustained." where is the logic

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

On four occasions Corporal Bowker urged his rescuer to abandon him to his fate but Captain Bloomfield successfully and very gallantly carried Corporal Bowker back to the horses. Here, due to enemy fire and confusion, Bowker was nearly abandoned again, as Captain Bloomfield was too exhausted to carry him further. Hurley obtained a horse for Bowker but was wounded himself, and Sergeant Theron came forward with another horse for Hurley, allowing both the wounded men to be removed to safety and medical attention.