Understanding the Meaning of the English Sentence

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn the meaning of the English sentence that states you can choose to use two out of the four monitors only, and find out what 'only' refers to.
  • Find out the meaning of 'Besides' in the sentence and understand if it means 'except for' in relation to the previous statement.
  • Understand the phrase 'the same features as HDMIport' and determine if 'features' means 'characteristics' and 'as' indicates similarity.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の意味を教えてください

以下の文章の意味を教えて下さい。 You can choose to use two of the four monitors only. D-sub, DVI-D and HDMI monitors cannot be enabled at the same time. Besides, with the DVI-to=HDMI adapter, the DVI-D port can support the same features as HDMIport. ・two of the four monitors only ここのonlyはどれに掛かっているんすか? (2or4?) ・Besides,~ このBesidesは、前の文章の続きで「~を除いて」の意味ですか? ・the same features as HDMIport featuresは「特徴」と訳して、as~は「~のような」という意味ですか? 全体を通してよく分からないので、文章全体の意味も教えてくれると助かります。 宜しくお願いします。

noname#207398
noname#207398
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

only は「4つのうち,2つだけ」 Besides, は前を受けて,「さらに,おまけに」 feature は「特徴」でもいいですが,「機能,性能」 as は「~のような」からきていますが, the same A as B「B と同じ A」と same と相関的に用いられています。

noname#207398
質問者

お礼

こんなにも早い回答がもらえるとは思ってなかったです。 助かりました。 「the same A as B」と「only」の使い方は覚えておきたいと思います。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

全文訳を忘れていました。 4つのモニターのうち,2つしか,使うように選ぶことができない。 D-sub と DVI-D と HDMI は同時に(2つ以上)動作可とすることができない。 さらに,HDMI から DVI への変換アダプタを使うことで, DVI-D ポートは HDMI ポートと同じ性能を果たすことができる。

関連するQ&A

• この英文の意味について

You can go to Starbucks and have your cup of coffee for ten dollars, as long as you don't have multiple cups of coffee. この英文の正確な意味を知りたいのですが、下記であっていますでしょうか? ・スターバックスに行けば、10ドルでコーヒーが飲めます。複数杯飲まないなら。(つまり、10ドルあればコーヒーは飲めるが、2杯以上は飲めない。) また仮にこの英文が、 You can go to Starbucks and have "a" cup of coffee for ten dollarsだったとしたら、意味はどう変わりますか? ・スターバックスでは、10ドルでコーヒー1杯飲めますよ。 という意味なら、前の文と特に変わらないように思えるのですが。 またこの文の後ろに、”as long as you don't have multiple cups of coffee.”という節が付加されていることで、あるとないとでは、どれくらい意味、ニュアンスが違ってくるのでしょうか。 この節がないと、二杯以上飲める可能性が含まれてしまうということでしょうか。 どなたかお分かりになる方、お答え願います。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文和訳がわからないのですが

この英文の構造と和訳がわからないのですが、どなたかお教え頂けますでしょうか? Only in so far as the artist establishes symbols for the representation of reality can mind, as a structure of thought, take shape?

• この英文の訳を教えてください

I mean only bring you for party この文章はどういう意味ですか? 流れをいうと、まず then I can bring people for party と言われ、パーティに誰か連れてくるのかと思い、何人と聞いたら、 only you と言われ、理解できないのでくわしく教えてと言ったら、1番上の文章が返ってきました。 よくわからなくて困っています>_<

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。二重注文になっていないか心配になり相手に私は何回購入していますか?と質問していました。そこで返事が来たのですがすみませんが意味を教えて下さい。宜しくお願い致します。 I can only see on sales order from the PAYMENT of 12/10/16 for the first part of your AAA order for $14.20. There are still some styles to come in and another part of the order waiting to be allocated.

• 英文の意味について質問です。

英文の意味について質問です。 Using temporally focused laser pulses (TEFO) for which the axial beam profile can be controlled independently of its lateral distribution, large numbers of channels on individual neurons can be excited simultaneously, leading to strong (up to 15 mV) and fast (?1 ms) depolarizations. についてなのですが、この文章はどういう構成で出来ているのでしょうか? また、この文章のfor whichの部分のforは元々何処についていたものが、前に出されているのでしょうか? 出典はhttp://www.pnas.org/content/early/2010/06/10/1006620107.abstractからです。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

インターネットのサイト https://www.vitae.ac.uk/researcher-careers/pursuing-an-academic-career/how-to-write-an-academic-cv を読んでいるのですが、その中で Find out as much as you can about the research area you are applying to, so you understand how your expertise complements theirs and can judge their familiarity with technical language of your research area という文章の意味がわかりません。お分かりの方いらっしゃいましたら、この英文の意味を教えてください。

• 英文の意味が理解できない

In 2009, college students studied a “stack” of 20 digital vocabulary flashcards by looking at each word four times. Half of the students studied the words in one go (which allowed for a long space between each time they saw the same word) while the other half studied in four smaller stacks of five cards each. という文章を読んだのですが、生徒を半分にわけて勉強しているところはわかるのですが、 words in one go (which allowed for a long space between each time they saw the same word) と in four smaller stacks of five cards each の部分の適切な意味が理解できません。 片方は一度に全部、もう一方は5枚のカードを5回に分けたって意味なのでしょうか。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

英語圏の支社から緊急でメールが来ました。いつもは日本語でくるんですがよっぽど急いでいるみたいで英語で来ました。フェイスブックの件でメールがきているんですが意味がわかりません。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 After I sending you an email I saw your first posting on fb and thank you for your follow up on this. On facebook we would like to know your targeted competitors, the reason I am asking is we can draw some of targeted competitors fan to *********, so you can start with few numbers of fans. Like always, as soon as I get more information and solutions for XXX and 〇○○ I will get back to you.

• butの意味とある英文の意味がわかりません

1. Dr.King dreamed of a country where "For Whites Only" signs world would come down everywhere, and people of all races could sit down together at the same table. He dreamed that "my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but the content of their character." 2. Forty-five years later, in November 2008, Barack Obama, an African-American, was elected President of the United States. It seemed as though Dr. King dream had come true. 1の英文の "my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but the content of their character."の途中にあるbutはどういう意味で用いられているか, 2.の英文のIt seemed as though Dr. King dream had come true.の英文はどういう意味かわかりません。 どなたか教えていただけないでしょうか?

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を買いました。発送の事でメールが来たんですがいまいちわかりません。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 I have spoken to Andrew today and he will be giving me today the see freight details as he is still awaiting a reply as for the air freight (as you can see below). I hope I can have it sorted for you asap.