The Price of Love: How Cupid's Arrow Can Strike You in the Wallet

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Becoming part of a couple will cost singletons more than £100 a month, according to a new study.
  • However, starting a long-term relationship does save money on clothes and going out on dates.
  • There is a perception that singles get a raw deal when it comes to finances, but the study found that being on their own gives them more control of their finances.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

もういちどお願いします

The price of love: How cupid’s arrow can strike you in the wallet When your heart skips a beat as your secret rush-hour crush flashes you an encouraging smile – be warned. You could be taking the first steps towards picking up a hefty bill. While it may seem a shame to put a price on love, singletons should know that becoming part of a couple will cost them more than £100 a month, according to a new study. They might think moving in with a partner would save them money. Instead their household expenses will rise by £1,536 a year – because they will need a bigger place, want to get cosy with the heating on and cook proper meals instead of making do with Pot Noodles. ‘There’s a perception singles get a raw deal when it comes to finances,’ said Anita Naik, of Vouchercodes, which commissioned the survey. ‘So it’s surprising that people in relationships spend significantly more.’ Starting a long-term relationship does save you some money – you’ll shell out £228 less a year on clothes and save £324 on going out on dates. But the study found 53 per cent of singles say being on their own gives them more control of their finances, and 22 per cent enjoy never having to pay for somebody else. ------ There’s a perception singles get a raw deal when it comes to finances,’ 部分の訳ですが、「独身者は金融・財政のことで不公平な扱いを受ける見方がある。」もしこの訳でおおよそ合っていたら、なぜ独身者は不当な扱いを受けるのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sknuuu
  • ベストアンサー率43% (408/934)
回答No.1

There’s a perception singles get a raw deal when it comes to finances. So it’s surprising that people in relationships spend significantly more. というつながりです この2文は対比の関係にあります There’s a perception singles get a raw deal when it comes to finances, BUT people in relationships spend significantly more. という感じ 一人身でいるとお金の面で大変だと言われているけど、(実際には)恋愛関係や婚姻関係にある人の方が出費が多い ということ だからsurprisingなんです raw deal: a situation in which someone receives unfair or harsh treatment この質問の英文においては、独身であることによって"そうでない人"と比べてつらい状況にある、思われているのに、実はそうではないと言っています 婚姻関係などにある人らの出費が少ないのは you’ll shell out £228 less a year on clothes and save £324 on going out on dates. この点(だけ)です

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

Where there are jam ups, then you will need to lay on hands.* You can do this directly, or it would be best to have the group to this directly. You will sense more intelligence -★ more space involved in the perception of the individual.★ lay on hands とは手を貸すという意味なんでしょうか? ★~★の意味がよくわからないのですが、どなたかお教えいただけませんか?

• つぎの短文をワープロにとり込みました

To you, all you have appears little; to me, all I have appears great. Your desire is unsatiable; mine has been satisfied. When children thrust their hands into a narrow-necked jar and try to get nuts and figs out, the same thing happens: if a child fills his hand, he cannot get it out, and then breaks into tears. Drop a few of them and you will get it out. You too should drop your desire; do not covet many things, and you will get what you want. When children thrust their hands into a narrow-necked jar ここのhandsはちがう訳を見るとhandと単数形です。 To (children) who put their hand into a narrow necked earthen vessel このばあい、 handsとhandどちらかがより良いということはあるのでしょうか。またはどちらかが好ましくないということはあるのでしょうか。

• 翻訳希望

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? ご指摘大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He is good with children and animals, he can take charge of them and has a particular understanding of them. He can amuse and entertain children, and becomes more extrovert and dramatic when playing with them or talking to them. He will exaggerate and put on a show. He will be a happy and generous father or uncle to any children he has. Though they may not see him as he is, just the act he puts on for them. In the past your partner would have had romances in his life, that will have seemed to set his soul on fire. But you will be his most important, his greatest and deepest love of all time. He will feel proud to be with you.

• 短い英文です。翻訳お願いいたします。

you know you're attached to someone when you've gotten so used to talking to them on a daily basis and they've become a part of your happiness. but when you guys don't talk it's like a part of you is gone and you just started to miss them uncontrollably. 様々な訳し方があるように思いますので、いろんな方の解釈をお聞きしたいです。 よろしくお願いします!

• off the sidelines

“We have to get them off the sidelines and get them to play a more active role in our economic recovery,” Rahm Emanuel, the White House chief of staff, said in an interview on Sunday. get them off the sidelines の意味を教えてください。 them = 銀行家たち

• この箇所の訳が分かりません。

この箇所の訳が分かりません。 アメリカ人からのe-mailです。 1) A lot of you have not register for classes. If you want to get paid on time when the semester starts then you should do it otherwise you will get late payment. でのA lot of you have not register for classes.はどういう意味なのでしょうか? 現在完了形なのでしょうか。でもregisterは過去分詞ではないですよね。 あと,家賃についてのe-mailなのですが Also, please let them know that I must charge the late fee for incomplete rents. Attest half if the late fee. I will get back to you on Saturday night. Thanks. の"Attest half if the late fee"はどういう意味なのでしょうか?

• 翻訳お願いします!!

A newly married couple with a yearly income of $130,000 would like to save money for a down payment on a new home. After paying 40% per year in taxes, they would like to save 20% of the net yearly income. How many whole years will it take for them to save a down payment of $45,000? よろしくお願いいたします!

• ビジネス用の和訳お願いしますW

Well received the new order. I will check with Korea to send direct from them so you can save the shipping. I will keep you posted when they have the order shipped.

• 無生物主語

お願いします。 同じ意味をあらわすように適語を入れる問題です。 If you study hard for one more year, you will surely be able to get the degree. ( ) year of hard study will surely ( ) you ( ) ( ) the degree. (Another) year of hard study will surely (enable) you (to) (get) the degree. と入れましたが、よろしいでしょうか?

• 英語を日本語に翻訳して欲しいです。

英文を日本語訳にして頂けますか。 about your requested on the different species, a lot of those species we are not allow to export them from Florida and even to touch them$B!D(B i know a lot of those species are been exporter thru California and now is been more restriction on a lot of the turtles i'm not going to be able to help you with that on lizard yes some of them i get them from time to time$B!D(B please send your complete order and as you want to proceed with the order... お願いします。