アメリカ人の友人への質問: 「sounds like a good idea」とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • アメリカ人の友人に送った質問文に対して、「sounds like a good idea」と返ってきました。このフレーズの意味や特別な意味はあるのでしょうか?
  • また、クリスマスに関する日本文やFacebookの遅い返信に対しても英訳や返し方を教えてください。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします。

アメリカ人の友人に「~How have you been? Do you have a good news?」と送ったら「~and okay sounds like a good idea, but yes I do have good news. 」と返されたのですがこのsounds like a good ideaとはどういう意味なのでしょうか?特に意味はないのですか? それと以下の日本文も英訳して欲しいです。 1.「それとクリスマスは過ぎちゃったけどMerry christmas!プレゼントは何かもらった?私は歳が歳だから何も…:(」と言いたいのですが「christmas is having passed but Merry christmas! Did you get something present?」の後はどう訳したら良いのか分かりません…。 2.「日本は18歳以上じゃないとディスコは禁止されているんだよ、君は(ディスコに)行ったことあるの?」これを英語で何と言ったらいいですか。 3.「また返事が遅れちゃったね…facebookでの方が話しやすいんだけどアカウント持ってない?」と言いたいのですが毎度返事が遅れていてその度にsorry for the late replyやI'm sorry to reply you back so late. やLong time no see youと言っていて謝りすぎな気がしますので今回はsorryと言わずに返したいのですが何か良い返し方はありませんか? お願いします。

• kmr15
  • お礼率70% (108/154)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

★文脈がないので、想像するしかありませんがーー あなたが何か提案しているとか、自分の良い知らせを述べたとすれば、それに対して、 「それはいい(okay)、いい考えだ、だけど、こっちに(も)いいニュースがあるよ。」ということかもしれません。 せめて、自分がどういうことをさらに書いたかとか、あるいはand okayの前にこういう内容のことが書いてあるとかないと、分かりませんね。 ★1. Christmas is gone, but still let me say, "Merry Christmas!" Have you got any Christmas presents? My case, I'm too old for those kinds of stuff, you know, so unfortunately, no one has given me any. ★2. In Japan, minors under 18 are not allowed to go to any discos. Have you been to discos? ★3. では仮定法などもできます。2通り書きます。 I really should have given you a reply much sooner. I wish I had sent you a reply much sooner. 続きはーー Do you happen to have a Facebook account? It's much easier to talk on the Facebook than writing and corresponding with each other like this. 以上、いかがでしょうか?

kmr15
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れてごめんなさい! うーん、前の文ではただ返事が遅れてごめんねって書いていただけだったんですよね…相手の書き間違いでしょうか。 私の知らない言い回しの英文でとても興味深かったです、返信にて参考にさせていただきました! 回答ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (2)

• nabnaiq
  • ベストアンサー率9% (13/133)
回答No.3

●それとクリスマスは過ぎちゃったけどMerry christmas!    この文の英訳ですが、  Merry Belated Christmas! という表現を見たことがあります。  同様に、Happy Belated Birthday! も誕生日のお祝いが遅れたときに使われています。  参考までに

kmr15
質問者

お礼

調べてみたらBelated=遅れたという意味なんですね。 初めて見た言い回しで面白い表現だと思いました、参考にさせていただきます! 回答ありがとうございました!

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1. アメリカ人の友人に「~How have you been? Do you have a good news?」と送ったら「~and okay sounds like a good idea, but yes I do have good news. 」と返されたのですがこのsounds like a good ideaとはどういう意味なのでしょうか?特に意味はないのですか? たぶん質問者さんがお送りになった文の中に okay があったので、それを使ったように見えますので、「オーケーとはよかったように聞こえる」と言う意味だと思います。「(今年は)オーケーだったのならいい年だったように聞こえる」と言うことでしょう。 2。1.「それとクリスマスは過ぎちゃったけどMerry christmas!プレゼントは何かもらった?私は歳が歳だから何も…:(」と言いたいのですが「christmas is having passed but Merry christmas! Did you get something present?」の後はどう訳したら良いのか分かりません…。     Merry Christmas, belated. Did you get any presents? I am afraid I have passed that age. とも。 2.2 「日本は18歳以上じゃないとディスコは禁止されているんだよ、君は(ディスコに)行ったことあるの?」     In Japan you have to be eighteen to be admitted to a disco club. Have you been to one of these? 2.3.「また返事が遅れちゃったね…facebookでの方が話しやすいんだけどアカウント持ってない?」 I am late in answering you again. It is easier to talk in a Facebook. Do you have an account (in a Facebook)?     ここでちょっと心配なのは米語で disco と言うのは1970年代に流行った「音楽」を指す場合が多いので、日本語の「ディスコ」とちょっと違います。     dance hall where alcohol is served 「アルコール類を提供するダンスホール」というと、正確なんですが理屈っぽくなるので、さしあたって disco club と書きました。     日本特有の文化なので、向こうの年齢、好みなどでご調整ください。

kmr15
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れてごめんなさい!お早い回答ありがとうございます、参考にさせていただき無事相手に返事を返すことが出来ました!日本と米語で意味が違ってくるものもあるんですね、ディスコという言葉が出てきたときはどっちのことかを慎重に考えてから返事しようと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳おねがいします。

So it will be the same city,but yuor first move? I hope you have a good experience moving to your new work place. When do you go?

• 和訳をお願いします。

日本語訳をお願いします。 1.According to the newspaper,at least 20 employees were wouunded because of the accident in factory. 2.This bus will take you to the city hall in fifteen minutes. 3.Please have whichever you like. 4.There is something wrong with the TV set.I must have it repaired 5.It is impossible for him to finish it before five. 6.I remember meeting somewhere but do not recall where. 7.Do you know the reason why he did not come yesterday? 8.He would be glad to hear the news. 9.Allow me to introduce myself to you. 10.We have yet to receive your reply. 11.I felt like crying when I heard the news. 12.I wouid appreciate it very much if you would let me use your phone. 13.I want you to do like I tell you. 14.I'll pick you up at your hotel at six.

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **I think this is what you meant by "sense." If someone says you have good taste, they're saying that they admire your ability to appreciate things. It probably means that either both of you like the same thing. If I said it to someone who I did not agree with it would be strange because then I am implying that I have bad taste haha. You can be more specific, like I could say "She has good taste in shoes," which means that I think (whoever she is) has a really good idea of what a good shoe is. "Sense" can be used to express a similar idea though. If I say you have a nice sense of style, it means that I probably think your clothes are cool or the way you decorated your room is cool etc. It's most typically used with "sense of style/fashion" though I think I could probably say something like "You have a nice sense of what it takes to bake a good cake," but it's much easier to say "you know how to bake a good cake." If someone actually does say "someone has a good sense of what it takes to bake a good cake," they're probably trying to communicate that this person is so good at baking cakes that they naturally know what makes it better... It's like how we have a "sense of smell" or a "sense of hearing." That person is so good at baking cakes that it's like they have a "sense of cake."

• 和訳お願いします。

サッカーの話なのですが、私がサッカーの結果を知りたくなくて、録画しながら1時間遅れて見ていました。 そのとき携帯の電源を切って見ていたという内容への返事です。 Haha that is a good idea! But have you recorded the whole match? Or just the first 90 minutes? これはどう解釈すればよろしいですか?

• 和訳をお願いします。

I have forwarded you photos and information of my animals before which is proof of ownership,but still you are requesting for more pic's and you have shown me no proof of legitimate purchase and keep demanding for photos. I am sorry we do not work like this.All paper works are issued and forwarded only after first payment have been done and not before to be sure it is a legitimate purchaser and not some photo copyright theft.Sorry but i will send no more information,photos or paperwork till advance deposit have been done. よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします。

Sorry for the late reply, but I think I'm too busy to have a relationship... 最近知り合った方からこのようなメールが届きました。すみませんが、意味を教えてください。返信をしたいのですが、どのように書いたらいいか悩んでいます。よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします

ほぼ意味は把握できているのですが完璧ではないのでどうか和訳をお願い致します。 I am sorry. I am sorry for ever bothering. I am sorry for ever hurting you. I am sorry for even being in your life and bringing it disruption. I will never annoy you again. I know that you dont understand me, but someday you will and then it will be too late. I wish you the best of happiness and virtue. You will always have a place in my heart. Farewell

• 長文・和訳をお願いしたいです。

長文なので大変だとは思いますが、和訳をお願いいたします。 また、この文体から察するに彼はどういった心境なのでしょうか?好意を抱いてくれてるのはわかるのですが、ど のくらいの好意でしょう?只のいい友達なのか、はたまた好きだけど恋人にはしたくない、という感じでしょうか? ↓ I really had a good time with you. You are a beautiful girl with a good heart. I could sense your good heart. I'm glad that you had a good time. I will be honest right now. I like you, but i have only been single since april. I must continue to be a single man. Since my ex girlfriend and i broke up, i have decided to devote myself to my music, and my career. My life has changed a lot recently, in good ways and bad ways, but i must continue focusing on myself. I gave much of myself to my ex girlfriend in the past and it was not good for me. Now i must do better myself and focus on my life.  I will always see you as a friend and someone in my heart. I'm sorry that i cannot commit to a relationship with anyone right now, but I do want to keep in touch with you and know that you are doing well. Email and message me whenever you would like. I am busy a lot but i do check my messages and email when possible. I do wish to hear from you. I also will never forget about you, I'm sure. And yes i did tell you, you are my angel. I felt a strong connection with you. Next time i come to japan, i look forward to spending more time with you and bonding with you. My flight to America is 4am on wednesday. Is there a way we could meet before i leave? I really am not sure. Please don't think that i will forget about you. I am an honest man and did feel strongly for you the time we spent together. I do travel and meet new people, but our memories will stay with me forever. I promise. Please feel good about the time we spent together, although it may be some time until we meet again.

• 英語が合っているか見て欲しいですm(__)m

返事遅くなってごめん 素敵な声ですね でも、英語の聞き取りが苦手で、 何て言ったんですか? は、 Sorry for my late reply. Your voice is nice. But, I am not good at comprehending spoken English. What did you say? で合っていますか?

• 和訳お願いします。

today I have heard about the tragic news about Japan. Hopefully you and your family/friends are doing fine? I am very sorry for my late reply, but I was attempt to have less contact with you, because I thought it would be better for both of us to keep going with our normal life. The farewell of the last time that I saw you was very hard, I did not want to let you cry and have heartbreak.  Do not see me wrong, because I had a great time with you. We both started to have a strong feelings for eachother, but we both also now that this could not work out. That was very hard for both of us and I want you to live a great life without missing our  time too much. Well, hopefully my thing did work out and you are doing fine, you will always have that special place in my heart. Maybe the future will bring us back together... If I have any chance to go to Japan again I will definitly contact you and be with you, only if your situation allows that, maybe in that time you will have a lovely family. Please give other men a chance if they want to be a part of your life. I will be very happy for you..